Old 10-02-2004, 01:06 PM   #46  
Give me strength

S/C/G: 299/261/250

Hello Katy! Looks like we were posting at the same time too...
Have a great day...
Angie...ah man I need a Costco run too....
da fat n da furious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2004, 01:20 PM   #47  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Hiya Angie~your dad sounds like mine. Well, he is not mean and nasty but he definitely thinks only of hisself-always has and always will. Doesn't really care about anyone unless they can or will do things for him. But then he still doesn't care, just wants people to do things for him or give him things, anything. My parents finally divorced a few years ago after 30 something years of a horrible marriage. Anyway, I think the deal with my sis is she is still holding a grudge with the guy. She was 18 and he was 20 something and married but said he was getting a divorce. He kept telling her this over and over I think just so he could have sex with her. Supposedly he showed her some papers proving it but all a long he was lying. The guy was an idiot but he did offer to pay child support to which my sis refused because she was mad and was going to teach him and figured if he payed child support then he would get to be a part of his life. So...I don't know if he is still trying to find him or if he gave up. I don't think he will ever give up but I don't know. Well, hope you guys have a nice day.
FrouFrou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2004, 06:15 PM   #48  
RosieKate

Angie and Cristina - missed your posts earlier, so HI gals! Don't get me started on dads - AARGH! Mine is pretty dysfunctional and I am finding I just really need to keep some space for my own sanity. I just can't keep wishing he were a different person, or what life would have been like if he had been a better dad. I've made a good life for myself - yippee!

Cristina - hope your sis and nephew can square all this away some day, but you are wise not to butt in. Sounds like Sis has her reasons - they may not be good ones, but there it is. You are a very compassionate person....too bad some things just can't fixed

Angie - your hair sounds cool! very hip mama,

TaTa for now!
Katy
Old 10-02-2004, 06:47 PM   #49  
GmaTo8

Thumbs up

I'm back... tried to post earlier but got interrupted! I want to say thank you so much for the congrats on my weight loss. It means so very much!!! I'm afraid I'm going to wake up and it will have been only a dream....

Angie - although I'd love to see a photo of DSs pigtails, I for sure wanna see a photo of your new 'do! Sounds wild! Just like you, lol!

Susan - mmmm, banana bread! I love it with a little peanut butter on it and a hot cup of coffee at hand. Neal has some of the Mt. St. Helen ash from when it eruppted in ...1980, I think it was? Love your Gaby stories!

Sue - hope you're doing better today. Just let your DH baby you and be at your beck and call!

Jen - don'tcha just love this weather! Katie and I went to a school function outdoors last evening and had to have jackets and gloves. You can literally smell fall in the air!

Cristina - how's your back and what in the world did you do to it?? Hope it's better! No, we didn't get the mouse because the silly thing is in the wall or floor where we can't get to. This happens off and on all winter, too. Oh joy! The booklight has no name on it, and it came in a blister package that I threw away! I got it at CVS pharmacy, though, and it is about as big as my palm, and the light part is bullet-shaped with blue tips on each end. The rest of it is white. Hope this helps! It really focuses the light only on the book pages, and Neal likes it as much as I do, lol.

Katy - I, too, like Laughing Cow cheese but haven't bought any in awhile. I used to eat it with 5 Triscuit crackers when I first started WW. Like you said, it is so easy to control the portions that way! I'm thinking it will be next spring before I get to 100 pounds gone. (That's 5-6 months from now, and at 6 pounds amonth, that would be 30-36 more pounds.) At that point I'm am getting all new everything, with Neal's blessing. Which, everything I have now is all new, too, but I don't have nearly as much as I'd like to have once I get to a set weight. Seems a waste to do that now. But look out in the Spring... cha-ching!!!!! I for sure will be getting my rings re-sized. I miss them and tried to wear those plastic thingies, but they stay wet and also fall off!

Hi to Marti, Shanna, Katie, Kathy, Julie and anyone reading this.

Neal put up an antenna on the roof today, which I previously didn't want. We had no wires to our house above ground at all, and didn't want the look of it. But after 4 years of not getting network channels except through rabbit ears, we said heck with it! Now I get CBS and NBC!!!! (already got ABC) I am thrilled with this!!!! I wil get to watch The Young and the Restless, lol.

Have a good evening!
Jane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2004, 10:45 PM   #50  

Height: 5'1"

Hi ladies--

Busy chatters today. Shanna came over to do some crafting and to pick up some scrapbook stuff we ordered.......she got a lot accomplished as I did not...usually how it goes.

I'm in the middle of trying to clean my house and organize and thought I would pop in and say hello. I do my individuals tomorrow when I'm not so busy.

So much to comment on!

Hope you are all enjoying your weekend.

take care
Marti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2004, 07:08 AM   #51  
GmaTo8

Exclamation

Please go over to chit chat #81... see you there!
Jane is offline   Reply With Quote