Old 09-29-2004, 11:15 PM   #16  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

For all the other JL's..Hope you are all doing great. I did not mean to miss anyone. Have a wonderful Thurs. and maybe we can chat tomorrow night.
suetalks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2004, 12:45 AM   #17  
Give me strength

S/C/G: 299/261/250

Good evening ladies!

Susan, I love the way you make us all feel like we are like sitting right there listening to you girls talk. Should write plays.
Sue, its chilly in the mornings and evenings here too. But in the afternoon I can zip around in a t-shirt and shorts...nice.
Jane, can I come too? huh huh pulleeezzzzzzz Ill be good really I will be....
Shanna, that seems weird to have to find your own patients,,,,if you were hear I would let you xray my teeth give you some fun,,even thou I gag when I do get them...hate those lil white things...hurts the gum...hmmm on second thought,,,Shanna if you were here I probably wouldn't want my teeth xrayed.
Nothing much happening here,,,football and rehearsals...
Well should get to bed,,,
night all
Angie
da fat n da furious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2004, 12:46 AM   #18  

Height: 5'1"

Hello ladies---

My third time poppin in here....got some stuff being rendered on the computer so it's slow. So I won't be doing individuals tonight. I will in the morning though!

Today was another day..... Day goes by quick! Our supervisor is always bringing food! I think he wants to fatten people up! He brought in his fondue set and some bread so people can dip into some cheese spread he made. I passed that coarse. Yesterday the heat was broken and the temp was rising (got to 80'--and we wear smocks!) so he brought in an ice cream cake....had a tiny piece of that. And last week, the department reached a certain amount entered into the system so they celebrated with pizza! Didn't have that either! Can you believe it? Whats up w/all this food? (of coarse most of the department are skinny people!)

Ok...I best be getting myself to bed. I will try to post in the morning!

Night girls.
Marti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2004, 10:15 AM   #19  

Height: 5'1"

Good Morning Ladies!

It's almost Friday! So happy about that. At least the week goes by pretty fast for me. Ok....let me see here............

Angie--What a sweet boy you have to come on here and thank someone on his own. You're raising good boys. When Jhanai pops on here, it's more like she's wanting on the computer! Actually she likes posting when she can on here. Hope the surgery goes/went well. Let us know how he is once it's over.

Susan--Loved the narration of your family getting there hair done. Now...I had no idea about putting Henna in your hair. What do you do? About the man in Hawaii....sounds like a sweet gentleman. And he sings! Does he sing for you over the phone? I'm glad there is someone special for you. I hope you two get to meet someday soon!

Jane--Do you think that the recent Hurricanes had anything to do with the idea of going to DW for Mary? Maybe it stressed her out a little and the thought of the entire family going......I am glad that they decided to go and that you are all still going. Are you still going this month??? LOST....now what's that show about again?

Shanna--Well I can't really imagine what you're going through right now...but I sure hope it all turns out for the better soon. I wish I had some words of wisdom for you to help you relief some stress. Just make sure you have a total "ME" day each week to not think about school, homework, finding a job, or anything! Time does go by fast and before you know it, you'll be graduating!

Julie--During times of stress, which your friend is definately going through, she may not be thinking the way she normally would. Your body goes through so much turmoil during labor and she not actually having the baby but going through the actions....must be hard. So maybe that's where it's all coming from. Maybe once it's all over she will thank you to no end.

Sue--Will be thinking of you today. So when you can, come back and let us know how you're feeling!

Jen--I hope the NUTBALL hired someone who can handle her. That would be sad if another employee left because of her, but then maybe the company will see that maybe they need to change HER position or let HER go......

Cristina--What kind of car are you looking for, for your DS? Maybe when I go get myself a new car I will call you up and have you go with me! Sounds like you need to go to bed early girl! I can see where your schedule can mess you up. Hope you have a rested night soon.

Hello to anyone I may have missed. Hope you're having a wonderful morning.

Wow, it was hard for me to make sure I got the name changes correctly. I looked back and had wrote Jana! But I'll do fine. With the name change it reminded me of an experience I had a couple years ago around my birthday. James took me out for seafood to celebrate....as we were being seated, a table behind us had a group who were singing for this man for his birthday....they sang and got to "Happy Birthday Dear Marty" I thought wow...another Marty with a January birthday. Then our waitress came over and what do you know? Her name tag said "Marti" That was the strangest day! Never been in a room with three Marti's before!

Well, this post took me much longer than I anticipated! I need to clean up and get ready for work. Hope you all have a great Thursday!
Marti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2004, 10:24 AM   #20  
a work in progress

Default ok...got my coffee...

Good mornin', ladies

Jane, I DID get the card you sent! My 18 year old son got the mail while we were gone, and I just found another pile of it in a different spot, and the card you sent was at the bottom of the stack! Really cute and funny, and so appropriate Thanks for thinking of me...I am glad it sounds like your whole family is going to be able to go to Disneyworld -- what a wonderful trip it will be. I will keep my fingers crossed that the weather stays good for you. Oh, man, I wanna go, too!!! I feel silly, but on the last day of our trip, when we were leaving Disneyland, I cried -- I didn't want to ever leave

Shanna, if you were here I'd let ya x-ray my teeth -- I hate going to the dentist, but it's nice to know that a nice caring person is in training to be a hygenist

Marti, they constantly have food at my work, too. Always struggling to fight those temptations -- not to mention the lure of the soda and vending machines. It's hard! For the vending machines, I switched to Diet Dr Pepper - or in a pinch, Diet Coke or Diet Pepsi -- but the chips and candy bars still try to lure me with their evil siren song...if I think of it, I try to bring a healthier granola bar or something like that from home, or if I have to buy a snack, stick with choices that are lower fat, like pretzels or Rice Krispy treats, but the Doritos and Reese's still look too good! We have a birthday potluck for our team each month, and I started out trying to make a dish I knew was healthier that I could eat -- like a fruit bowl, or a salad -- but then they found out I can bake, and now it's always my job to make the birthday cake. I thought it would be bad, but actually it works out -- by the time I'm done making a cake, I don't really even want to eat it If anyone is ever tempted by grocery-store cake icing, don't be -- the recipe is: 50 lbs of powdered sugar, 27 lbs of shortening, salt, water, and usually artificial vanilla and butter flavorings. ICK!!!! I know this for a fact -- I've worked in several bakeries...

Sue, holding good thoughts for you for your skin surgery -- praying that all goes well, and you heal up quickly.

Cristi, can I come to your yard sale? Then we could go shopping at Walmart afterwards My son gets a discount there, now, heehee...Don't know if I mentioned, but he got promoted. He no longer works in the photo lab -- now he's in the cash office. Not bad for an 18 year old young man, huh?

Angie, what are you doing in the production of Fiddler? Are your kids playing any of the roles?

Susan, I loved your description of your day at Sauvies Island. It made me dream of pumpkins and Halloween last night. My husband got our family into carving really elaborate pumpkins with cool scenes (I usually carve a cat of some kind, and last year my kids did a howling wolf and a dragon). We buy those pumpkin carving books at the craft store, and they usually have really great designs. Now you've inspired me to go up to Apple Hill and bring back pumpkins and cider...and I understand Gaby's love of her puppy slippers. I have Eeyore slippers that I wish I could get away with wearing to work

OK...speaking of which, gotta get ready for work...hullos to everyone else...

gotta run!

Katiecat
Katiecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2004, 10:37 AM   #21  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Smile

Good morning ladies~

Marti~that is the bad part of working-all the food people bring in! DS will be looking for a older, used truck. He doesn't want a new one with the prices what they are, and add to that insurance and the cost of gas. Of course the gas is still going to be high. I was trying to talk him into a small truck but he wants a full size one. So we will see what we can find. That is strange Marti, three in a room at one time. I don't think I have ever know a female Marti except you, Martha yes.

Jane~good to hear everything is fine and Mary feels better since seeing things on paper. Sometimes that helps. And like Marti said, I too thought maybe she was thinking about the hurricanes.

Susan~no rolling of the eyes here either. I love to hear what's going on in your life. The guy sounds like he knows what he is talking about because you are talented, smart, beautiful and a wonderful mother. I understand all the attention with Gaby, she is your baby and they do grow so fast.

Sue~thinking of you today.

Shanna~I too would let you x-ray me if I lived there. That is kind of odd that you have to find your own patients.

Angie~any new cases going on? I always like to hear about them.

Hi to everyone else!

Well, no rest for the weary...DS came home yesterday (I am surprised he made it home) and the brake line on V's truck was junk. Had to take it to the shop to be fixed. So guess who is running everyone around? Luckily, before I got on here I got a call from the guy and they will get to it today. Originally they couldn't get to it till Friday morning but apparently someone cancelled. So yeah for me because I don't have to drive across town to take DS to work. Not much on the agenda for today. I am going to straighten the house. V made a mess in the dining area. he cleaned most of it but the rest is mine from not getting anything done while he was making a mess. We have a counter that divides the dining area from the kitchen and decided we wanted to be able to sit at it. So it tore it apart and built the new counter top and now just has to tile it. Then we can put some bar stools up there and use the counter instead of the table, which no one uses except him anyway. And I am going to take a long nap-hopefully. The guys across the street started in on the last house on the block. Apparently they do the framing and then some other guys come in and do the roof and plumbing and then they leave the house standing for a while. The other one, no one has worked on in about two weeks. Anyway...

Hope everyone has a great day! Tata for now
FrouFrou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2004, 10:43 AM   #22  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Hiya Katie! Thought I better say Hi before I move on. I saw you had posted while I was writing the mini-novel.

There ya go, yard sale and then Wal-Mart sounds like a plan. Hey, since your son works there and gets a discount do you also get the discount? I have heard some places gives the family a discount also. Would be great if you did. CONGRAT'S to your son for getting promoted!
FrouFrou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2004, 12:41 PM   #23  

Default hey Girls

Well, thanks for all the good advice on the friend thing, I was telling her mom how she treated me and I guess her mother talked to her and she claimed that she wasnt ignorant with me,but the way I look at it is, if she was well enough to hang out with her other friends who were there when I walked in...and not even introduce me to them on top of it.....then thats ignorant!!! I told her mother I had no intention of going back to visit her anytime soon, now they may send her home cause the contractions stopped...so Im not going to be her doormat til she has this baby!!!!Oh Well
As far as the lbs gained...I have gotten back on track this week...trying hard to get them off....My boyfriend goes to the doctor next week, so hopefully we will get some good news on the whole BABY thing.... We are both kinda in the dumps over that!!!

Jen: Good Luck with the new job!!!

Sue: Hope the surgery goes okay for you!!!

Susan: Another crush huh??? One of them has to turn out to be Mr. Right!!!

Hello to Angie, Marti, Cristi, Jana, Katy, and KatieKat...

Talk to you all later
Julie
jewels2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2004, 12:51 PM   #24  
Give me strength

Marti, we once went to Tony Roma's for dinner and would have to say we were the only ones in the whole restaurant not having a birthday. You know how they come and sing at your table? We were the only ones not getting sung to.
My work has a potluck every 3rd month...so this being our Thanksgiving week we all have to bring something pertaining to Thanksgiving,,,anyone have any ideas? I was thinking of spagetti squash with hot italian sausages diced up and baked. Or sweet potatoe pie, when I was in San Diego a few years back this woman and I (total stranger) exchanged recipes while waiting for the whale show. I gave her my oatmeal chocolate cake recipe.

About the friend in labour...was she in alot of pain or was she in there trying to hold back labour? Cause I know Im not a nice person when Im in pain,,,I don't like people around me or worse yet touching me. Cause my way of thinking she is either focused on pain or a itch with a B

Jane, the first time I went to DL I was shocked over the prices,,,like a bottle of water was 4 bucks...a hot dog was 6...and these were nothing special. Except being available... We went and bought a case of water at the grocery nearby and carried in a back pack, with snacks and water. We would go first thing in the morning, then leave about 1...go for lunch, swim in the pool then about 5 go back for the night.
At Universal Studios you can't bring any outside food in....

Katie did you do Universal Studios? We had a blast there,,,the Mummy (scary house) scared me so bad I shook for a good hour after...lol I still giggle over looking over and seeing Monte walking with these asian people holding him. They didn't speak english and were scared and latched literally onto Monte....lol Four of them in a group hug, shuffling out the door.

For Fiddler, Tanner is playing the son of Avram, again hes one of 6 kids out of 42 cast.
Im stage managing it by myself. I have 2 assistants, which will help. 3 wardrobe, 2 makeup, no hair dressers,,,everyone wears scarves, or hats. I have two dressers...help for quick changes, and with my lightening and sound guy that pretty much covers the who crew. Of course we have a 10 piece band, hidden away on stage also..lol
As for my cases,,,Ive got one that I have been trying to think threw,,,and its not going well..lol Did a few serves, one guy was stalking a young woman and she put a restraining order on him...he was nasty. I got a horrible vibe off of him. Specially when he was chasing me in his stocking feet threw gravel...lol Thank Gawd I didn't wear heals that day!
Other then that,,,not much happening, have to go to Staples and run some copies off for theatre, grocery shop, do the banking,,,ahhh yes love them days off. I cleaned the house,,,well ok need to vaccuum,,,and one more load to wash, and 4 to fold...*sigh
well better get at it...
ttfn
Angie
Old 09-30-2004, 02:12 PM   #25  
GmaTo8

Smile

Hiya gals,

Sue - I'm thinking of you today!! Hope you won't be too sore.

Angie - yep, you can go with us to Dis. We'll swing by and pick you up! So glad the weirdo didn't catch you!! Sounds like Fiddler is going to keep you on your toes.

Marti - Mary isn't afraid of us being in a hurricane because she knows Neal won't let us go at all if there is a threat of one. She was worried about the money situation, but feels better now that we listed her expenses. Btw, we're leaving 10/15. Two weeks away!! "Lost" is a new drama about a jet that crashes and the ones who survived are on an island. This ain't no Gilligan's Island, lol!! Lots of tumoil among them, and something fearful is loose... It's good!

Katie - yay, I'm glad you found the card! I had to laugh when I saw it, since we are both "cats", lol. I am sure you're very proud of your DS for the promotion! He must be a real good and trustworthy worker.

Cristina - wow, your dining room and kitchen will be so nice! Always something to do to a home, right? Hope you get a restful nap sometime today.

Hi also to Shanna, Julie, Jen, Kathy, Susan and Katy.

Btw, although I prefer to be called Jane, it doesn't bother me to be called Jana. Old habit die hard, I know, lol.

Went shopping early with Mary and the DGDs.... that was something we don't get to do often enough, ever since she began working. We looked around in the toy department to get ideas for Christmas. That will be here before you know it!

One more thing - I get Oprah live at 9 AM, and today's Oprah has the follow-up to the show where she gave away all the cars, and has the homeless girl they gave the scholarship to. It is really a good show! Made me cry.

Toodles,
Jane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2004, 05:33 PM   #26  

Good afternoon! Yep, got the office packed up today. And par for the course, the NUTBALL told one of the clerical gals that she should ask a new employee, one who has never worked in homecare before, to cover the shift I'm working tomorrow so I can come into the office. Now, does that sound like a safe idea? No. Do you think she had the guts to tell me instead of the clerical gal? No. Plus, I have nothing in my office, gave her the key to my file cabinet, turned off my voicemail, what on earth would I do? It's just nuts. Of course, I'm not going to do that. She's off tomorrow and just doesn't want to be bothered with anything if it comes up. I'm glad I'm out.

Jane - Lost sounds like something I should watch. I'd probably like it. Man, wish I was going to DL!

Angie - You're ideas for the potluck sound yummy. How about Pumpkin or squash soup? I made it once, it was gooooood!

Katiecat - Ok, even knowing what is in grocery store icing, it's still yummy. Can't help it. I truly think I am addicted to sugar!

Marti - NUTBALL had 2 interviews yesterday. One is a "do not hire" per HR, the other one I know from working in the hospital. Phony and all into image, just like the NUTBALL. Perfect for each other. I describe her as being like the Stepford Wives.

Sue - definately, jump on my bandwagon. The more the merrier.

Well, should go for my walk! Check in later. Not sure about the chat, may watch the debate tonight.

Jen
Dolphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2004, 05:43 PM   #27  
Give me strength

Hi Jen, could you send me a recipe for Squash soup or Pumpkin...which ever....I have never had it but am willing to try. Plu since I work at 8 am I can make it ahead of time put in crock pot and have it warming while we work...ya good idea...lol Now Im all pumped for Monday,,,they always give away prizes to whoe eve brings in something really good,,,I have yet to win anything,,,but then again I always bring something simple that we need like buns and butter and napkins,

Jane, I haven't even heard of Lost,,,gotta check it out,,,once Football is over. Which nights is it on? And Thanks for the call,,,what a nice surprize to come home to. I was out buying milk and juice boxes. But forgot the MAIN reason for going,,,ADVIL
Asked Monte to grab some on his way home from work.
Well Im reading my Nora Roberts book about witches,,,a new set that is. And really into it.
Talk with you all later
Angie
Old 09-30-2004, 05:47 PM   #28  
Give me strength

oh ya I had to mention to Marti, I once worked in retail as a supervisor,,,this one weekend, during Christmas I almost lost my mind...6 checkouts,,and 3 of the cashiers were named Katherine and the other 3 were Jamie....I changed that to, Kate, Kathy, Katherine, Jay, Jamie and James. On the other side of the store, (I had 23 checkouts to worry about) there was Donna, Donna, Angela, Ashley, Alisa, Alicia...ya life was not fun that week...lol
oh ya there was a guy who called in for some beer, his name is Monte,,,spelled the same way,,,his girlfriend yup you got it, Angie...lol
Anyways better really get going here
Old 09-30-2004, 07:00 PM   #29  

Angie - look for a PM with soup recipes! Jen
Dolphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2004, 09:29 PM   #30  
kitty Momo

I just had dinner and have a second.

It was nice to get a message from Jane today!! YAY......sorry I wasn't home though-lol............but you were able to hear Gaby , right?? Ain't she the cutest???

We woke up and she always leans over me and with her lil beady eyes say's "mama??".....and if I don't answer she will say again but louder "MAMA!"...we walked up and I bought some Starbucks at Freddies. Puttered around the apartment and finally went out to pay bills.....

I hope you are doing ok Sue- healthwise and all.....

We had pizza yesterday for a staff meeting- have a popcorn machine in there--which I love. I put in a Pumpkin Walnut Fudge recipe in my newsletter--- sounded so good. Anyway, I still am working on it but I haven't forgotten to send a copy out to Jane & Cristi......lol

Which reminds me in my parent group there is this lady from Australia that never had candy corn so I offered to send her some. Went up and bought that Halloween mixture , along with tootsie rolls a.........$4.00 value .....that cost $12 to send..........I hope she enjoys it! lol

hmm,,,,,,Marti. Yes, he sings over the phone- songs he has written, some to do with losing his wife. He plays different instruments-- musical and talented. He has free phone service after 9 his time - so he calls and he has these lil frogs that sound like birds outside his window...........it was pretty at first but now is downright annoying.....lol........

Anyway...........better get
Mom2Gaby is offline   Reply With Quote