Without it feeling like a heavy chore

Our "need vs want", we battle each day
    Cheering eachother on, along the way
    Friends by fate walking hand in hand
    Acceptance for all is the law of our land

Join us anytime you feel like being apart
    Stay for a while and share your inner heart
    We dont judge and we dont squabble
    So come on in, we wont mind if you wabble.

by laura lynn
  • Good morning ladies!!

To avoid losing any messages, why don't we switch to a new thread every 3-4 pages or so....and just number them #3, #4, ect. Many other groups seem to do this...what do you guys think?
  • OK I found you guys...any word on what happened to the other one?

This one will be better anyways because it will be shorter.
  • Not a clue...but hopefully this will help!
  • OK guys - an update for me, yesterday my friend and I went to the gym and actually took a class! We went to a class called Step N Flex. And it was very very difficult. I had to quit in the middle of class because I couldn't hang anymore (I figured quitting would be less embarrassing than passing out LOL) So I went afterwards and did the eliptical machine for a little while.

But I am very proud of myself because I went. And everyone was very nice. Noone made any comments, I didn't feel out of place or anything. As my friend and I were leaving the instructer talked to us and said not to worry if I couldn't make it through an entire class, that she didn't used to be able to either! She just told me to keep coming back and one day I will be able to. She said it in a way that made me feel good about myself, not crappy. So my new goal is to be able to finish one of those classes. I don't know when that will happen, but one day. I don't care if it takes me a year.

Anyways, yesterday as far as food I did ok, I guess, except I was starving at work because I burned my Lean Cuisine Pizza, so I ate an entire carton of Strawberries....I don't know if I should feel guilty about that or not...LOL...I guess maybe I should feel a little guilty but not as guilty as if I had eaten an entire box of chocolates, or an entire carton of ice cream. LOL

Todays plan is to go to the gym at about 9am, work out on the eliptical machine for about 30 minutes (no classes today, on Saturday) and eat right.

I hope everyones day is great, and I hope everyone finds us here...I need each and every one of you for support!!!

Sam
  • Quote: OK I found you guys...any word on what happened to the other one?
    One of your members went through the thread and deleted all of her own posts. This made the thread shorter, and rearranged your pages accordingly. So, you didn't actually lose any messages, the person did it intentionally.

Hope that helps
  • It was Laura...why???
  • Quote: It was Laura...why???

Yes, it appears so.

Laura...if you are out there lurking...please hang in there!! You have shared so much with us and we appreciate your efforts in starting this thread and little community.

I know you have a lot going on right now....but realize we are always here for you and if and when you are ready, please come back. You are a beautiful and kind person that has provided much inspiration for all of us. Let us return the favor!! WE are here for you!
  • Hi all

It's a beautiful day today on the West (WET) coast. Unfortunately, I must stay inside most of the day and work on cleaning my house. It has now changed from a low priority to a HIGH priority.... (too long on the low list)

We went out for chinese food last night. It was funny... hubby & I spent about 1/2 hour trying to decide what was lowest on the menu. We settled for wor wonton soup, shrimp with cashews and diced vegetables and curried beef chow mein. Don't know if these where the best choices..... but they sure were good.

Sam - You go girl..... I'm glad your hangin' in there at the gym. I know it won't be long before you are able to complete the class, I'm impressed you carried on an did some other aerobic exercise after you quit the class. Remember not to talk yourself out of going beyond your comfort zone.... ask yourself... can I do one minute longer.....

Redswirls

great choice with the think crust veggie pizza. The dietician told us (the class) that deprivation leads to binging that we should allow ourselves to eat what we want in moderation and make good (or the best possible) choices.

Everyone have a great day and make your best choices......

Well that's it for now.... I cannot put the house off any longer.....I must turn off my computer..... I must turn off my computer ..... I must.....

Joy
  • Angie and Joy...are we the only ones here? I hope everyone else finds us soon.
    Joy - it's funny that you mentioned earlier about how much we need to talk everyday...all day long at work I have the web page pulled up, checking for new messages. I just now got home, and already am posting!!! LOL maybe I should spend less time checking for messages and more time getting active. But, it's night time and I am not able to do much now anyways.
    I have had the weirdest cravings lately for avacados...any ideas why? I was thinking maybe I am not getting enough fat in my diet, so my body craves that? I don't know. At least it is a good fat, and I don't fell quite so bad about eating it.
    I need to get back on fitday.com because I haven't entered there in about a week and a half. I just can't seem to make myself do it!!! I know that I am eating much much better, but I should track it anyways.
    Today I ate:
    2 cups of Cheerios w/ 1 cup of 2% milk
    a sandwich with two slices of white bread (wish I could switch to wheat, just don't like it much), two slices of 99% fat free turket breat lunch meat, and ENTIRE avacado (smashed up with a little bit of salt mmmmmm)
    A Smart Ones chicken fajita meal (OMG that has to be the best one that I have tried so far)
    And a salad with lettuce, italian dressing, tomatoes, and black olives (from Olive Garden) I didn't eat most of the lettuce, but I ate the rest, including those little green peppers (banana peppers??) Oh and croutons (sp??)
    Today my "skinny" friend tried to make me eat the rest of her carrot cake...she even acted upset that I wouldn't eat it. Then she was like, I want to go to the gym with you guys....I told her I didn't work out with her kind. LOL. Why is it that she can eat CRAP, pure CRAP all day long and be rail thin? And then why does she feel like she has to tempt me like that, and then rub it in my face that she is so skinny? I am thinking low self esteem, or something like that.
    Oh and Angie - where are you going??

Talk to you guys tommorrow
    Sam
  • Hi all, I guess its Sam and Angie

Thought I'd share some of the wisdom the dietician told me yesterday.

She said to stop binging you need to cut carbs for a few days and slowly introduce them back into your diet avoiding anything with white flour, etc.

She said you should have 2-3 serving of of dairy products daily per day. A new study showed those who consumed the suggested daily intake of calcium lost a third more weight than those with normal and reduced amounts.

She said you should have meals that have three food groups in them a protien, a grain and a vegetable or fruit.

She said you should go 12 hours after your last eating at night before you have breakfast and then eat every two-three hours during the rest of the day.

She said when you feel like you need a boost (grande latte which is okay by the way if its NF) eat an apple. You'd be amazed.... I tried that today. I worked.

She said that your body needs "good" fat and avacados are a good source. I like to mash my avodado with salsa, lime and about a tsp. of mayo. The spicier the salsa the better.... mmmmmm Other good souces are cold pressed oils, such as extra virgin olive oil (which is great with seasoned rice wine vinegar and herbs for a salad dressing), saflower oil, and peanut oil (I think).

Mostly she focused on getting less processed foods in a more natural form. Sorry Sam, that white breads gotta go. If you don't like whole wheat try, spouted wheat, flax seed or the darker rye breads. I particularly like a product called "Squirrelly Bread" although I'm not sure if it's available where you live. The nutritionist also said there was very little food value in cheerios, better to go for shredded wheat or something like that...

The dietician said that you need to eat 2-3 serving of protein every day. Especially important is the protien you have at breakfast.

That's all I can think of for now.

Sam, I admire you for keeping up with the gym. I joined a women's only gym about five years ago, I go off and on. To be honest its been more off than on, but not now because I am trying to be more accountable. I hope you feel free to let me know if you see that I'm having too many excuses for not going in my posts

Angie. Have a safe and pleasant trip. I know you can be mindful of what you eat, and gets lots of that walking in!

I'm sure long winded tonight.... I guess I was really paying attention

Talk soon

Joy
  • Hi Guy's
    Glad you started a new thread.I think we will be ok now.Glad we are still a group because I also look forward to comming in here everyday and looking at who said what and all the helpful ideas.I went and saw a show with my aunts and cousin yesterday and I haven't laughed that hard in along time.It was a comedy play and everyone was wiping their eyes.I really needed that laugh so it felt so good.We went out for lunch and the little town that I we were in was very high german type so I ended up ordering a turkey club on whole wheat with fries now I took the fries over potato salad and I really enjoyed them but that is it now.I have to get busy and get down to business and get this butt of mine in gear. I am having supper at my mom's today but they are serving chicken and I am going to make sure that I exercise for an hour at least today.I will probably be on later tonight so I hope all of you have a great day and see you then.
    Trisha
  • Just a breif note, I am on my way to my son's football game, I just started to read some of the messages, but there are too many to read at this moment, but I will when I get home later tonight. Anyway, Sam great job of taking a class, just a few suggestions: do not use your arms. focus on the feet movement only. once you get the feet down and use to the moves then incorporate SOME arms. Once upon a time I use to compete in step aerobics and aerobics. And when I began, that is what they told me to do. Because your leg muscles are bigger you need to focus on them first. I have no idea if it is true, or your gym may do something different, this is just a suggestion. Have fun, Once I got into it I could not stop, I love it, someday I will go back. I check in later you'll have a great day. It is bearutiful here on the coast of the North East.
  • Joy - thanks for the tips. I think I will print them out so I can remember all of them. I have never been fond of wheat bread, but I do like potato bread, and sourdough, are those ok? I wonder howcome they said that cheerios weren't good for you, because on the box it says it is good for your heart. I will try shredded wheat (I GUESS I will get the non-sweetened kind ).

Trisha - I am so glad you found us. I also enjoy comedies, we have a comedy club here and I love going because I laugh so hard my stomach hurts!! (That has to burn some calories lol) Sometimes I wish they would quit for a minute because I want to quit laughing for a minute but I can't!!

Lynne - Noone at the gym has really told me much about that, but I find it useful because I am not coordinated enough to use my arms right now LOL I find it hard enough to do the same steps as they do. I know I look like a stumbling fool in there, but luckily noone has said anything about that. On that subject I watched a girl the other day in there running full speed on the treadmill, and I was amazed because no matter what I do when I am on there I have to hold on to the bar in front of me because I will fall off if I don't!! Maybe one day I will be coordinated enough to do that

OK guys, have a great day and have fun!!
    Sam
  • Hey everyone I got a little lost and confused but I think I made it here. I wonder what happened. I know that I wouldn't be here if it wasn't for laura. She has been such an inspiration in my life.