Closed Thread

Old 10-01-2004, 09:50 PM   #46  

Julie thank you so much for such upbeat and positive advice. I truely do appreciate it. While at football practice with my son I was talking with one of the other moms and she was going on about herself, the troubles she has experience over the years. And boy my life truely is not so bad. I needed to hear her story tonight and I know my angels set it up to hear it, to remind me to be greatful for what I do have. Thank you again. Bless you for your kindness.
Old 10-01-2004, 11:34 PM   #47  
JULIE DOWNUNDER

G,day all and you are quite welcome Lynne and your right sometimes our lot in life seems quite overwhelming until we hear someone elses story and we don,t have it so bad after all I,m glad you know that your angels put you in the right place at the right time to help you hear what you needed to hear and to put things in perspective hope you feel better,Hey LauraLyn yeah 3 times 1st time I was young and stupid but I had 5 beautiful kids and was with him for 17yrs until he got a roving eye something I couldn,t forgive so that was that, 2nd time like I said bad choices I was lonely not a good reason to be with anyone he was an alcoholic and 8yrs of my life wasted was enough so chapter 2 ended ,3rd time like I said this time I was,nt looking I lost my DAD in March 3half yrs ago and on October the same year on the 6th my DADS birthday I was feeling a bit down so I went out with friends and as I was walking out the door I asked the Gods my angels and my Dad to send someone to make me smile I was sitting there my now hubbie asked me to dance the rest is history but this time I was,nt looking or sending out hey I,m desperate vibes and I think I,ve finally got it right this time well fingers crossed anyway , well have I bored you enough hope you all keep well bye for now BLESSED BE JULIE
Old 10-02-2004, 01:20 PM   #48  
Samantha

Lynne - just so you know, fitday is not a "public" journal unless you chose to make it that way. You have to tell someone the link before they can visit. Don't get discouraged, though, because I know that you can get through the bad times, and when you hit another good time, you will be so proud that you made it!!!
Julie - I agree with Laura, I don't know how you were able to open up again for a third time! Do you find it difficult to trust your husband, after whatever your other husbands put you through? Maybe one day I will understand
Laura - love your new picture!!! That is funny I forgot to tell you earlier, but I would love to have you make one for me, but I don't have any idea what I would want on it...any ideas you have would be great. I hope your daughter has a good time at the homecoming dance, oh I miss the days of young romance like that!!! Does she have a boyfriend to go with, or is she going to just dance with everyone? I love the idea of chatting, but don't think I will be able to as I work Sunday evenings, and my boss probably wouldn't like the idea of me chatting online when I should be working!! I am able to pop in everyonce in a while to post, though.
Joy and Trisha - congrats on your weight loss!! Doesn't that feel so good after worrying about it all week, to hop on the scale and see that you DID accomplish something?
OK guys, gotta go to work (fun fun) but will probably post again later on at work when I am bored.....

Sam
Old 10-02-2004, 07:19 PM   #49  
JULIE DOWNUNDER

G,day everyone, I hope your all well , Sam what can I say I don,t know how to make you understand when I don,t myself this is my hubbies second marriage and as in my first his exwife cheated on him so we,re both a little wary of each other I guess we do trust each other because I believe with out trust you don,t have a relationship he,s a bit more clinging than I am , yeah sure I went through alot in my first 2 marriages but I believe life is a learning experience and I must have had things to learn about myself to get me to where I,m now I think it made me alot stronger :smug and when I met my now hubby I new what I would and would,nt put up with this time I around he had to deserve me not the other way around , I can,t say I have fully opened up yet he has my heart but not my soul yet how long that will take anyway thanks for your input you and Sam think I,m brave I,m not but I think life is full of risks and you can either sit back and watch the parade go by or take the chance and get in there and participate well I seem to be getting boring and raving all of you keep well and stay focused bye for now BLESSED BE JULIE
Old 10-03-2004, 08:12 PM   #50  
JULIE DOWNUNDER

Good morning everyone hop your all well and staying focused I can identify with you LauraLyn the lack off attention and support let alone anything else is the pits, for the last three years of my first marriage we seemed to just drift apart then when I was 34 almost 13yrs ago I had to have a hysterectomy which made things worse when I needed my husbands support he decided to have an affair instead to deal with my emotional baggage at the time which was a real bummer at the time , it was,nt easy for me to make the choice of separating we agreed to a trial separation but I knew in my heart he wouldnt be back , so there I was left alone with 5 kids aged from 13 down to 6yrs it was scary but instead of the yelling and the feeling of being more alone with him than I would be without him, after the usual tears and regrets I found my piece of mind , he came to see the kids and all I heard on those visits was your fat you,ve got 5 kids who else would want you I believed it for awhile but then I said to myself KNOW I,M NOT WORTHLESS I HAVE VALUE TO ME AND I THINK I,M PRICELESS, I lost 4st in under 4mths not a good way to go I was so sick but then I thought I can beat this all this stress I can live without I had my kids and friends who all thought I was worth something . About 12mths after being on my own with the kids I met a really nice man but still to bruised to open up to him so it didnt last but it made me realize I was,nt a right off because I had kids , I know I,ve waffled on but my point is sure life is full of changes and its easier to stay with what you know than what you dont after 7 yrs of what ever it is you deal with everyday only you know if you can turn it around and change things in your favour or if its time to move on talk to your hubbie tell him how you feel but guess you,ve probably done that till your blue in the face , and girl you do have support else where from friends and here I dont know you and hey Im just a girl from downunder but you seem to be a very warm and outspoken person and I know from reading your posts you keep me inspired to keep going for being there and you,ll know in your heart you,ll feel it ask the Gods and angels for guidence they listen trust me you,ll know what to do when its right for you . Glad you had a nice holiday redswirls I dont get in line of cameras the last time I had my photo taken was 18mths ago at my wedding needless to say those photos never see the light of day well I,ve bored you tears long enough gotta go bye for now BLESSED BE JULIE
Old 10-04-2004, 09:28 AM   #51  
Samantha

Good Morning Everyone!!

I have GOT to get motivated to start eating right again. I haven't been THAT bad, but I cheated a few times and I am worried that it will show when I weigh in this week.
On Saturday, someone brought donuts to work, and I begged people to share with me so I wouldn't eat a whole donut, but noone would, but I only ate about 1/4 of a donut. The weird thing is, I didn't really even like it all that much!!! (probably the guilt )
Last night when I came home I was starving and at a small slice of pizza. That I enjoyed. Alot. mmmmm...but no more. I need to get focused. Today is very busy for me because my grandmother is having surgery on her bladder, and my husband has a doctors appointment to be scheduled for surgery. I don't have time to go to the gym, but I have plans to go to 4 classes this week at the gym: 2 kickboxing conditioning classes, a member's choice, and my Step N Flex class. I am worried about kickboxing, because I really don't know if I can do it!!! I will give it a shot, though, and do the best I can.
Weekends have proven to be the hardest for me, for some reason. I have noticed that when I don't work out, I eat like crap. It's either a really good day, or a really bad day. Either I work out and eat healthy, or I don't work out and eat terribly. I don't know how to fix that problem.

OK guys, I gotta eat breakfast and get ready to go to my hubby's dr appointment. You all have a good day!

Sam
Old 10-04-2004, 06:20 PM   #52  
JULIE DOWNUNDER

G,day everyone from here downunder Its a beautiful day here quite warm for spring , hope your all well I agree with your LauraLyn where is everybody hope you all come back soon we need your inspiration and encouragement, I,m doing fine lost another 1lb ,glad your keeping up your exercise LauraLyn your better than me in that area I do 30mins on the indoor bike and I,m stuffed let alone walk the dog for 45 , I was thinking of having a day off from exercise but you,ve inspired me to move it , I have my fingers crossed for your grandmother Sam and I hope all goes well for your hubby I,ll be sending my angels to be with you take care , the soup sounds yummy LauraLyn have to give it a try , I also like the idea of a challenge we dont have thanks giving here in oz but that does,nt matter 8wks is 8wks anywhere well thats it for me keep well all of you saty focused bye for noe BLESSED BE JULIE
Old 10-04-2004, 08:32 PM   #53  

Wink Good Evening......

Well, I am sorry for not logging in this past weekend, But waht a busy weekend.
Laura Lynn sound like you also had a very busy weekend, how wonderful for you and your daughter. I am the only girl in my family. I have 2 brothers, one son, and 3 nephews. NOOOOOO girls. you are so lucky. Thank you also for all your support. I really appreciate it. thank you

Julie: thank you for sharing. You make me feel hopeful that someday I just may find "that" man. My whole life I went from one bad relationship to another. When my ex and I were separating I asked God not to let me get involved with another wrong man again. It has been 7 years since...... I have been held, kissed, or loved by a man. I know my day will come. Somedays are worse than others. But when my son asks me to please find him a Dad, it breaks my heart. When my ex left he left us both... he has severe alcohol and drug problems. When sober he was a great guy... but he couldn't stay sober so he had to leave. We (my son and I) deserve better. thank you..

Sam, wonderful Sam, you are still doing great. Yeah for you. Keep up the fantastic work. How is the Gym going???? I want to join so badly, but the membership is a little steep right now. But I'm working on it. Let me know how it is going.

Hey Angie, glad to hear you trip went well. Don't forget pictures add lbs. I usually hide my body in pictures. I seen a picture of myself and began to cry. I have also had a few pounds to lose, never 120lbs to lose. But I will get there. Glad you had fun, let the picture inspire you, not keep you down.

Well I must get my wonderful little one, who rides his bike to school alone, without his mother now, to bed. He is growing up so fast. I use to drive him to school everyday.
Old 10-04-2004, 09:01 PM   #54  
Samantha

Oh, Lynne, youre little boy is growing up!! That should make you happy!!! The gym is going good, will go tommorrow morning and attempt this kick boxing thing...this week I will only be able to go to three classes, instead of four, because my husbands surgery will be on Thursday morning. I have taken Thursday off of work and will be able to play "nurse" for the next week. Thank you guys for the concern about my grandmother. She is fine, they will keep her in the hospital for a few days to keep an eye on her. I will be up at the hospital probably most of the day tommorrow to spend with her. Then I will be at the hospital most of the day on Thursday w/ my hubby.....FUN FUN FUN...but, if I eat at the hospital they have a WONDERFUL salad bar, so I will still be able to eat healthy, and still planning on going to the gym everyday except for Thursday.
Everything is good here, I am at work...earlier we were really slow and I laid my head down...ended up taking a nap for 1/2 an hour!! I didn't realize I was so exhausted. I feel better now. LOL I hope I didn't snore.
OK guys, I will post tommorrow.

Sam

OH by the way, the best time for ME to chat would be early morning, like from 7a-8a, M-F
Old 10-05-2004, 04:28 AM   #55  

Morning Ladies
Sorry I haven't posted for a bit things have been very hectic here.I had to train both factories that I work for last week and now this week I am getting trained they are putting me in a board room for 8 hours a day and want me to learn something new They think that they can teach and old dog new tricks I wil be snoring.
The eating is going ok I made salsa on the weekend and it is really really good and salsa is free no points so I can put it on anything the nice thing about this is that I know what is in it.
We had my dad come over on the weekend and we are buying his Yukon and going to sell out truck.I don't know what it is about men always wanting to biggie size everything they always think the bigger the better.So we are going through that proces right now also.
It was so beautiful here on sunday we went for an hour long walk it felt so good but sure didn't burn what I ate.
I like the idea of a challenge and yes our thanksgiving is on Monday but it would keep me good for this weekend.
Gotta run feels so good to be back. Have a great day and talk to you tonight
Trisha
Old 10-05-2004, 08:52 AM   #56  

Talking Good Morning.....

How are all of you this beautiful sunny, brisk, fall morning (on the Northeast)

Well, I have no idea how I missed the info, but Sam what happened to your Grandmother, and why is your husband having surgery?????? I cannot believe I did not catch that. Well I hope all is well and I will keep them both in my prayers, as well as you.....

Angie & Laura I also like the challenge thing, what are we going to challenge. What about like points: 1point for staying on Plan, 1 point for drinking 64oz of water, and 1 point for exercise.... just a really quick thought/idea. We could do it weekly or monthly...What other ideas are out there. I know one was about miles....

As for the chat thing, I think that sounds like fun. Usually evenings after 8pm are best for me... although Mondays and Wednesday am could work also.
We could set up an am and a pm chat session that way anyone who can, can check in. Just a thought. I also lkie the idea of setting up a topic.We are such a smart productive group. Aren't we??

Keep me informed as to what the group decides.

Oh yea, I am going away for the long weekend, I am going to Block Island. I love it over there. As a child my Paternal Grandparents had an Inn and a big house, My father was a twin and one of 10. Anyway they do not own any property over there now, but I still love to go every year, once in the summer and then the fall. This is my fall trip. I can't wait. I will log in until then though.

Well I guess I should get back to work. Please everyone, have a wonderful blessed day and remember to breath, smile, and forgive....
Old 10-05-2004, 09:37 PM   #57  
Samantha

Hey ladies!!
Today was alright, went to my kickboxing class as planned, I LOVED IT!!! I was nervous about it, but it was really fun, and actually easier, because instead of doing the same thing for an entire hour, she kept changing it up, so I never got bored, and I never felt too repetitive. We would box for a while, jump rope for a while, lift weights for a while, then box some more, etc. It was fun.
Went from there to the hospital to visit my grandma, she is doing well, still pretty drugged up. BTW she had surgery on her bladder. Apparently it dropped?? She will be in the hospital at least for a few more days, until she is able to use the restroom and have a BM by herself again. My husband went up there with me to pre register for his surgery, it will be Thursday morning at about 9am. His is just a day surgery, will be in and out on Thursday. He is having surgery for a pilonidal cyst on his back that keeps flaring up. It's pretty minor, but I am still a little concerned, because it is surgery, after all. I am sure he will be fine.
OK, so that is the update for me, everything is well here, I am tired and will probably hit the sack in a little while. Will be up early again in the morning, got a Members Choice class at the gym (don't know what that is, exactly) and back to the hospital. I go into work tommorrow at 5pm.

Turkey challenge sounds good to me, either in here, or in another thread, whatever. I think that instead of worrying about losing pounds, I will instead focus on exercizing daily and eating correctly. The pounds will just be an added bonus. I am already doing two challenges, Halloween Challenge: 260lbs, Christmas challenge: 245lbs. (I think that's what they are, can't remember off hand at the moment.) I think that should make my Thanksgiving challenge somewhere in the middle: about 252lbs. (Assuming I don't ruin it ON Thanksgiving dinner lol)

Anyways guys, gotta go....

Sam
Old 10-06-2004, 08:26 AM   #58  

Talking Good Morning Vietam.....

Godd Morning ladies...

I started with good morning vietnam, because sometimes losing weight feels like a war zone......

Sam, you as well as your family will stay in my prayers. good job to you to keep up with exercising and eating well. I would of ran with that excuse. I am very proud of you. You Go With Your Bad Self

Laura; on walking and eating well. What chat room will you go into on Thurs nite at 8pm EST. I am going to try to make it there, I have to pack and do laundry that night. But I will try to get away fro a few moments. I would love to talk to you and others.

Trisha, remeber to care for yourself, I hope things slow down for you. I will pray for you, stay strong.

Fran, I am so sorry to hear about your mom. That is so scarey...... I will keep you in my prayers. Hang in there, keep up updated when you can.

Angie, have some fun....

Yesterday I walked 2.41 miles.... I am not even hurting today.
My eating was good also. Today, I have to walk to pick up my SUV at the shop, it is a 3 mile walk. Therefore, I am hoping that I will walk again at football practice, hopefully 1 more mile. That is my plan, would love to do my yoga and possibly my resistance bands.

Joy, Julie, Mary and anyone else, please have a wonderful blessed day....
Old 10-06-2004, 08:23 PM   #59  
Samantha

OMG ladies I hurt so bad today after that workout class this morning. Mostly we did steps, but at the end she did quite a bit of ab exersizes, and instead of wimping out like I usually do I tried my damnedest to do it, did pretty well, but I am paying for it now. Every time I move I hurt...LOL...even right now I hurt just by typing!!!! OH well, it will get better, I am sure.

Laura - it is funny how much our situations are similair: that is exactly what my grandmother had: bladder suspention and bowel/vaginal wall reconstruction surgery...and she is also a nurse!! I don't know if she is going to have the pace maker thingy, she didn't mention it, but she is concerned that she will have to take the catheter home with her. She said tommorrow they are going to take the catheter out of her, and if she can urinate and have a BM by herself she can go home w/o the catheter. She said that she had heard of cases that people have had to wear the catheter for up to 3 months!!They also are forbidding her to do any lifting of any kind, which will be very difficult for her because she is a clean FREAK!

Anyways ladies I am working so I need to go now....but will talk to guys tommorrow...tommorrow is the big day for my hubby...will let you know how it goes.

Sam

Last edited by Samantha2002; 10-06-2004 at 08:35 PM.
Old 10-06-2004, 08:45 PM   #60  

Hey Laura I loved you example of fat and water. I never really looked at it in that exact way. I am such a visual person, and that was extemely visual... I can see me drinking more water. I also drink close to about 48-50 oz of water. I don't usually drink soda, but really like coffee, but limit it to 2 a day. One in the am and one in the late afternoon (football practice). thanks for the info. Oh yea, what chat room are you going to use tomorrow at 8pm EST.

Sam, glad to hear you gram is doing better. Why do you hurt???? Is it a good hurt (working muscles to exhaustion) or hurt because you did something you should not have. I know the kick boxing classes are really fun, but also in my gym were the cause of most injuries. Due to it being such a tough work out and people not keeping their form, then pushing themselves, causing injury. I hope it is the good hurt.... if so, take a hot bath to soothe the muscles. Take it easy, don't push too hard.

Well I did my 3 miles to the auto shop to get my car. What a walk... it actually felt good, then my hip started to ache a little. Tonight I tried to walk the track and my hip started bothering me again. I think it is because I have been walking the soft cushy track and today I walked the hard tard sidewalks. ??????? who knows. But I will have to get adjusted tomorrow, I must be ready for my big weekend away..... I plan on doing some walking.... I'll have to bring my ice packs, inflavs for inflammation, just in case. I don't even think BI has sidewalks (not many)...

Well all have a great night... I hope to speak with whomever can log in tomorrow evening 8pm EST.....
Closed Thread