3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   SAHM's #252 MONDAY, MONDAY, MONDAY (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/46883-sahms-252-monday-monday-monday.html)

watkinsguru 09-20-2004 07:17 AM

SAHM's #252 MONDAY, MONDAY, MONDAY

Welcome all to a thread full of wonderful women taking on the responsibilty of raising a family and trying to take care of themselves too. We look forward to a new day with members, new and old! Please feel free to jump right in and say hello Here is a little bit about who we are ...

MichelleRae: Michelle sahm to Taylor 8-25-01 & Teagan 10-13-03 Married 2 years to Zhaun. Plan I'm following is a combined WW and South Beach Diet

Spryng: 24 y.o. married 6 years. Kids- Ava 4, Bubba (aka Joseph) 3 & Tanner 1. Currently on ww, hit goal in April.

Mompen: Penny 23 y.o. Happily Married & SAHM Momma to three active boys, Hunter almost 5, Nicholas almost 4 & Andrew 14 mo. Weight Watchers and a bit of South Beach is my way of life.

Loveliam: Leigh SAHM to Liam 10.21.03 & happily married for 2 years. Doing the Weight Watchers thing

Sydsmom: Kristin SAHM to Sydney 09-27-01, married almost 2 years to wonderful dh Began Weight watchers mid-July

Cheri: married to Donald for 8.5 years, SAHM/homeschooling momma to Nathan, 5 (9-11-98), Daniel, 3 (8-29-00) & Elijah, 1 (10-16-02) & doing the low carb thing kinda, lol

Angel: SAHM of 4, Ages 8,8,7,&4.

Cindi: Mom to 6 boys & 1 mean girl. Plan.. No diet for me! Portion control, exercise & lots of water (most days)

Chubba: Geri..Mom to two boys, Will (3) & Tony (1)..married for 4 years to a great guy..following Dr Phil most days!

Crystal: 27 yo sahm of 3 almost 4. Alisa 5, Ally 3, & Andrew 20 months. Due Feb 1st. Married almost 9 years, live in Texas & homeschool. My plan, when on it, counting calories & exercise.

Ricci sahm to two boys 4 and 5, married 7 years, doing ww

Jaymi: 2 kids, 20 mo Girl & 6 yo boy. Been married to DH for 2 ½ years. WW Core Plan is my way of life.

Jill: SAHM of 1 daughter, Bayley, born 9/19/03. Currently trying to lose some of the baby weight I gained with her & need some extra support to help me do so.

Melissa: SAHM of 1 girl (4) and 1 boy (<2). Currently counting calories with Tops NutriBase Software.

watkinsguru 09-20-2004 07:38 AM

Good Monday Morning

:coffee: :coffee: :coffee:

Hi all. I slept great. Andrew only woke up once at like 1150 last night after I had had like 2 hours and he's still asleep. I woke up at 600 to go potty and throught, 6 straight hourse, woohoo!!!, I'll get up.

Didn't see posts from so many of you last night on the other thread. Hope you all had a good day and great night. I managed to go to my mom's to visit and my grandpa was there too. She had made coconut pie so we had to go for a while, right?
Anyways, dh has a meeting to go to with his company today so he won't know yet if the job hunt has to start right away or if he'll have a couple more weeks to work with them.

Jill, so glad the party went well and that cake was sooooo cute. Glad you shared a picture with us.

Hello to Chris, Deana, Geri, Ricci, Penny, Spryng, Mel, Michelle, Jaymi, Cindi, Amy, Emily and anyone else I missed. Hope you all have a great day.

If anyone wants to join this, I usually can't join the cleaning challenges you all have but I'm going to post ONE BIG CHALLENGE DAILY on top of my regular things and hope to get it done. If anyone of you want to join just add your big challenge for us all to see.
MONDAY CHALLENGE:" MOP, MOP, MOP!!!

I forgot the QOTD yesterday was mine. If it's okay I'll post one today since I missed it.

QOTD (Sunday): WHAT IS YOURS AND YOUR SPOUSE'S BIGGEST DIFFERENCE, (ie: religious, child discipline, etc.)?
Answer: Religious, by all means, most of our other differences can be rooted back to religious.

Okay, I'll be back later on, going to get either bills done or school prepared.
TTYL

mompen 09-20-2004 08:40 AM

Morning Ladies :)

Crystal,
Glad you got a little rest last night! Tomorrow is the appt!!! YAHHHHH!!!!

We were in chat last night so we were posting there I guess....lol

Biggest difference in spouse.... eh?

Well lately.... is that I AM SOOO Clean and DH is sooooo messy!!!! Grrrr... If I have to pick up his dirty clothes, plate, shoes, etc.... one more time.... it's going out the window.....lol

Have a great day ladies...

Gotta bring Hunter to schooL!

Oh btw,
Thanks crystal... You must have known I have to mop ;( I have been putting it off :)

melmcc99 09-20-2004 08:52 AM

Good morning Crystal and Penny.

Ok, Penny's been yelling at me to post! Sorry, ladies it's just been crazy. You know I love ya all. I've been keeping up with reading, but don't want to affend anyone by not getting personal. If I don't please don't be upset. I'll catch up soon enough.

Crystal, Sooooo glad you got some sleep. I bet you feel energized! Bugga was up alot until 1ish. He was having some kind of pains. I think gas. Last night he wouldn't take the Mylanta. At one I gave him tylenol and mylanta and he slept till 8 then. So not too bad after that. Good luck with the US today.

Penny, Good morning again. You are doing so great OP and with Exercise. I'm sorry I haven't been the best partner the last few weeks. I have to kick my own butt in gear here. The weather has been much cooler, so I think I am going to start walking Abigail to school to get in my exercise. It's not far, but I can continue to walk after I bring her. Are you ready for the boys party this weekend? I know you have been working on it for a long time! I decided on doing a boring party for bugga. I was going to make a Thomas train cake, but I think he'll get upset if we cut and eat it...lol. He just loves Thomas too much.

Jill, I hear that cake is beatiful, I have to go look at it! Glad the party went well. I bet you can't believe that she's one already. Time goes so fast ...doesn't it?@!

Hello to all of you......Leigh, Spryng Michelle, Deana, amy, Emily, Ricci, Kristin, Cheri, Cindi..

Cindi...How r u feeling today? How is Christian? I hope you are both feeling much better than last week. You've been in my thoughts.

melmcc99 09-20-2004 08:57 AM

oooopps! QOTD: My dh does everything slow and methodical. I do everything at lightning speed! He hates to do things like home improvements himself, like painting or putting a floor down or anything like that ...I love it!

Deana1113 09-20-2004 09:49 AM

Good morning everyone.

Mel: Glad to see you back. We missed you. Any luck yet with getting Bugga an appt? Glad he finally got to sleep and stayed that way.

Penny: When is the party? What theme are you using? Inside or outside party? I would say a weather wish for you but the one I said for Jill didn't work, not gonna try it again.....lol. Hope all goes well.

Crystal: Glad you got some quality sleep last night. Have a great day.

Water challenge again today!!!!! 100 oz. Who's in?

I have so much to do today. I don't know where to start. I have to get dd ready for school then go to walmart and the grocery store, pick dd up, work on laundry, and I have to make a side dish and a dessert for tonight. Erik has Court of Honor for scouts. They will be presenting badges they earned at camp this year and any others in the last 6-8 months. We are having a carry in meal, troop providing the meat. I have to be really good tonight, WI is tomorrow and tom is here so I really, really need that water challenge today. Would love to join the mopping challenge but I would need to see the floor first to do that :(

Thanks for the chat last night. It was fun.

I don't even know what I'm going to make for tonight. Guess I'll figure that out at the grocery store. Wonder what's on sale this week? :)

I'll check back in later to see who's in water challenge. Have a great day everyone.

Deana1113 09-20-2004 09:52 AM

QOTD: I would have to say our biggest difference is about money. I'm kind of free with and dh is really tight. After that it would have to be discipline. He's harder on them than I am but he has alot of military behind him so he's used to strict.

melmcc99 09-20-2004 09:54 AM

Deanna, good luck getting all your stuff done today. Have a wonderful day. ttyl

Alora1978 09-20-2004 10:02 AM

Good Morning ladies! Hope everyone is doing good on this beautiful Monday morning. I am definately up for a cleaning challenge today. My house looks like a train wrecked right through it. Toys, clothes, dishes everywhere!!

Crystal: Isn't it so nice to get in atleast three hours of uninterrupted sleep? My son woke up every two-three hours until he was about two!

Jill: I am so happy that everything went great with the party. We did my son's 1st b-day party in a teddy bear theme. I spent a god awful amount of money on that first cake. I wish I knew how to bake good enough to make my own edible creations, but from now on Wal-Mart makes our cakes.. LOL

Mel: That's nice that you live close enough to your child's school that you can get in a morning walk! It is so nice out here today, maybe I can get in a little walk when I take my son out to play!

Penny: I hope you have a wonderful day, I am with you on the hubby being such a messy person, but he's more than messy, he's so disorganized!!! This morning at six o'clock he had me up looking for HIS wallet, and he was being so loud and obnoxious. He called later to apologize and realized he left his wallet in his truck!! Ugh, men.. LOL

Everyone else: Spryng, Chris, Emily, Deana, Michelle, Jill, Ricci, Cindi, Cheri, Michelle.... hope you all have a wonderful Monday and that everything will run smoothly! :)

As for the question of the day? Me and my hubby differ on our son's behavior. I am realistic, I know that kids will pitch fits, and scream and whine and yes, there are limits to their behavior. But my hubby acts like he NEVER acted up when he was four! I have called his mom several times to let him know that yes, even he wasn't a perfect child! I just don't see the point in yelling at a child and then expect a positive outcome. I believe in sitting my son down and talking to him about why he is upset. If I have to I will make him sit in his room for awhile until he is calm enough to come out. Spankings have never been effective with my son so I don't see the point in using them.

Amy :)

180/173/140
STG: 169 by Sept. 30th!!!!!!!!!!

watkinsguru 09-20-2004 10:19 AM

Amy, I understand about your dh. My dh will get onto the kids for something and then get onto them for crying. If he spanks them, of course they are going to cry. I just tell them to go to their room to cry but I expect them to and even want them to in some retrospect to know that what I just did to them has effected them. Sometimes men are just stupid, I haven't found another word for it yet.
Okay, kitchen is cleaned, I'll mop later. Kids are done, beds are done, laundry has been started, bills are done, school is almost prepared and I'm going to dry my hair right now. TTYL

watkinsguru 09-20-2004 10:23 AM

Hair is dry and btw, dinner tonight is Beefy Bean Burritos. Never made it and got the recipe from meals.com. But we have to have tex mex once or twice a week or it's just not complete. Okay I'm really getting off for a bit. TTYL

mompen 09-20-2004 10:44 AM

Morning again...lol

Melissa,
Ok tell me about this new class you are taking???? Does Patrick come with you? How is Abigail liking school???? Girly, get on the ball! Ok HERE COMES THE KICK IN THE BUTT!!!!!!!!! :kickcan: Didcha feel it?????? Call me if you need to :) :callme: Hope Patrick has a great time this weekend :)

Spryng, Jill, Deana....... Thanks for the chat last night :) It is always a blast :)

Deana,
It sounds like you and the kids have a full night tonight! Let us know how the awards go! I am water challenging all week..lol Tom came over the weekend.... three days early.....grrr.... and I am trying to get rid of this bloating :) I am down 24oz already! How bout you?

Kristen,
You have been so quiet lately? Let us know how it is going! Please :)

Michelle,
Thanks for the im's :) Miss ya girly! How are you doing and when do you go back to the dr??? Ps..... Nice Cleavage!!!!! :) :lol:

Crystal,
Congrats on getting everything together today!

Amy,
Sorry I missed you last night :( I must have just signed off when you were iming me :( Hope you have a great day! You are back on track right???

Geri,
Did you get your bike ride in yesterday??

Leigh,
How is everything going with you? Is your skincare working?

Di,
Are you still out there girl? We are here for you?

Melinda,
How are you doing on plan???

Cheri,
I LOVE those squares! Very neat idea :)

Emily,
Congrats on that awesome weigh in :cheer:

Cindi,
How is Christian feeling??? Hope everything is ok!!!!

Ricci,
How is school going??

Ginny,
Where are you lady? MIA!

Julie,
Are you still hanging around :) We miss you :)

Ok Misty, Mindee, Jaymi, Hope you are all having a wonderful day :)

As for me.... not too much planned...... Mopping, yes.....lol And I am gonna run to the children's store and get Hunter some pants for school.... It is getting a little chilly here... My kind of weather :)

Hope you all have a great day :)

mompen 09-20-2004 11:17 AM

Oh btw,
Dinner will be taco salad... hubby's request...

Baked Doritos
96% Lean Ground Beef
Lettuce
Tomato
Ol El Paso FF Refried Beans
FF Cheese
FF Sour Cream
Black Olives

What is everybody else having?

spryng 09-20-2004 11:38 AM

Good morning all!

I have been on the computer for some time already, but I've been trying to buy some memory for my computer. I finally found some, now I just hope it's enough to run that game efficiently. Michelle! Wake up and call me!! :)
OK, today I plan on cleaning like crazy. I'm so sick and tired of the kids rooms being out of control and taking forever to clean because they have way too many toys and don't play with the majority of them. So today I'm throwing them out!! Well alot of them anyway. I'm going through everything and bagging up stuff I never see them playing with yet they throw all around the room. Then the rooms will be easier for them to clean right? Also I have to attack my laundry today or else! Mopping sounds good too, I need to mop really badly. Not sure about Dinner tonight yet. I have a list of menus for this week so I need to look over it and decide. So I'll post that later when I know for sure.

QOTD- me and my spouse disagree about food choices, lol... we also fight over tv shows, lol... money and religion is not really a problem here. Ok, I guess our biggest difference is how we handle tough situations. I want immediate resolutions to problems and he wants to sit on it for awhile (unless it's a argument between us and then he won't leave me along until it's settled) and he like to let things roll off of him and I get very irritated and want confrontation, lol.

Penny, did you get all that core info last night? What do you think about it? Your dinner sounds great!

Crystal, so glad you slept well last night! I did too, much better than the night before anyway. I love tex mex too.

Amy, hope you get alot done in your house today! Maybe we can do a cleaning challenge together later? Do you have yahoo messenger?

Deana, you souns overwhelmed today! Take a deep breath and set a timer for 15 min and work in one area of your house for 15 min... then take a break and go again for 15 min, you'll be suprised what you can accomplish in that little time. That is what I will be doing all day too. 15 min segments until this house is caught up!

Mel, thomas the train would be a cute cake too! What do you have planned for today?

Ok, I'm off here for awhile. TTYL!

melmcc99 09-20-2004 11:53 AM

Spryng, good luck with the toy fling! I love it when I get rid of stuff that is NEVER used. I like to give it away if possible.

Crystal, good luck making the borritos, sounds good!

Amy, we are used to the whining and tantrums, the dh's are not and don't know how to handle it. But my dh deals better when its dd's fit then ds's fit. She's daddy's little girll. and I deal better with bugga, 'cause I always feel bad for him. Mamma's boy. lol
hope you get out to play and walk today.