Old 09-20-2004, 11:55 AM   #16  

Penny, forgot and hit the send button. The class I am taking is a crochet and Knit class for 10 weeks. I go ALONE on Thursday nights. I just started. Can't wait to start work on something. Have a good day and have fun in town.
BTW...you kicked me so hard, my butt is killing me!!! I'm being good I promise. I just need the exercise. ttyl. love ya girl! thanks for looking out for me.
melmcc99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2004, 11:56 AM   #17  
Curves 6-week solution

S/C/G: 159/159/135

Height: 5'4"

Hey guys I am just posting real fast to say HI! I am trying to get to the gym earlier so Bayley can nap earlier and actually get 2 naps in during the day instead of just 1. So sounds like you all are having good days so far. I'll post more later when I get back and she is napping. I am up for the water challenge and would be up for flylady room rescues too if you are. TTYL!!
Bayleysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2004, 12:00 PM   #18  

I'm back.. just couldn't stay away! LOL So far I've cleaned my kitchen and the living room, hall bathroom, and my son's room. I still have laundry to tackle and my room and bathroom! I have to clean a little, stop a little... that way I'll keep busy throughout the day. Since my oven is still broke I'm probably going to have to go next door to my mother-in-law's and fix dinner tonight. I try not to buy a lot of processed foods but I know tonight will be a quick choice. I usually buy those Homestyle Bakes and make them once a week. They aren't too bad on the calorie or fat but they do have alot of sodium in them. As if I need anymore sodium in my body to add to my bloated state! Spryng, I have bagged toys, given some to goodwill, sold some at yard sales, and threw away so much! Every now and then I go through and pick out the broken toys that don't get played with but still end up on my floor as well and throw them out! Yes I do have yahoo messenger, screen name is Pookaloose2004. Hope everyone is staying OP today and as for myself, I am about to fix me a lean turkey sandwich for lunch with a fruit cup. Talk to you all later.

Amy

180/173/140
STG: 169 by Sept. 30th!!!!!!!!!!!!11
Alora1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2004, 12:06 PM   #19  

Hi girls

It sounds like everyone is doing good. Thats great. I have not stepped on my scale in a while, pms this week so I don't think I will hop on. I think I am maintaining.

Penny thanks for asking about me. I have been gone for so long. I did not think anyone would remember me! Your dinner sounds great though. Yum, enjoy. Have a great day everyone. Julie
jbbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2004, 12:53 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Hello again!

Ok, dinner tonight will be Greek Lemon Chicken Thighs and potatos and crustless pumpkin pie for dessert! yum! (the whole pie is only 4 pts!! but on core it's 100% pt free! Yipee!!)
Ok, I got a little done so far. I got my kitchen cleaned up so I can start this pie and get my marinade on my chicken thighs... then I'll watch one hour of soaps and do some more housework. Maybe I'll fold laundry while watching my soaps.

Julie, we can never forget you!!! I see you in and out and on the core boards too so I know you're still kicking, lol. Post more often here, we miss you!

Amy sounds like you've had a productive morning so far! Thanks for your yahoo name, I just added you! Hope to chat with you soon!

Jill, enjoy the gym this morning!

Mel, I think I will give their toys away too, I thought about just throwing them away but I'll bag them up and put them in my van so that I'll drop them off at some second hand place so other people can get some use out of it. Thanks for the idea!

Ok, gonna go start my pie. TTYL!
spryng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2004, 01:20 PM   #21  
SAHM of 3

Okay girls, finished school. Finishing lunch, then putting more laundry on. We're gonna run to town, gotta go to the bank and cleaners.
Would anyone be up for a cleaning challenge around 3 pm? Never done one, but I think I can try one out and fit it in about that time. And about 4 pm I'll mop then start dinner. What do you say?
Let me know.
Lunch was a bologna sandwich with mustard. Chips, I like the Lays stacks and a vanilla coke, the little 8 oz. And now, a fruit cup and a couple of little bite size candy bars. Not too bad for an old pregnant lady, huh?
Sono is tomorrow.
Hope everyone is doing well. Be back later.
watkinsguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2004, 02:18 PM   #22  
Curves 6-week solution

Ok all back from the gym and I had a great workout. I know I did cuz I can barely lift my arms above my head and it's challenging even to type, yes I did upper body weights today! LOL Anyway I've gotten about 32 oz of water down and my mom bought me a ff sf coffee on the way home so I will be enjoying that for the rest of the day! LOL I drink them R-E-A-L-L-Y S-L-O-W!! She usually has hers done before we hit my driveway. Ok so the party yesterday was ok. It rained almost the whole time so we were all gathered under the covered picnic tables and I had some friends there that didn't know my family or my other friends and it was just kind of awkwards sometimes. On the upside Bayley had fun which is all that matters anyway right? She got TONS of clothes (I asked everyone to get her clothes since it's getting cold here and I hadn't bought any yet) and some really neat toys that are strewn all over my LV floor. I feel bad now though cuz I feel like I hadn't gotten her enough toys before because she keeps herself so entertained with these new toys and she never did that with the old toys, not even when they were new! Have you guys seen the Weeble Wobbles? They are so cute! She got quite a few of them yesterday and I have to say that I have fun playing with them, I have fun playing with all her toys! I think I am just a big kid! Anyway I'll post some party pics on the MSN site later so you can see her devouring her cake, it was pretty cute. Ok enough party talk! LOL

Dinner tonight is either going to be skillet porkchops, sweet potatos and corn on the cob that I was supposed to do 3 days ago or lemon pinapple chicken with the same sides. Which sounds better? Oh and spryng is corn CORE? I can't remember, I need to look at my sheet again.

Well I am up for flylady whenever today, my house it actually pretty clean though since the party was at the park, but I do need to week through the presents and boxes and get all that organized, I bet my laundry needs some help too.

Crystal great that you got sleep! Thanks for the compliment on the cake, it was my first try at decorating a cake so I am glad it turned out ok. I'd be up for flylady then if I haven't already gotten stuff done. I'll let you know.

Mel glad you finally posted! Sounds like you got a little uninterrupted sleep last nigh? Maybe? Good idea on walking Abigail to school, try to fit in little exercises throughout the day. And I can't believe she is 1 already, seems like only yesterday......................................... ...... When is buggas b-day? Is he going to be 2? Thomas the train sounds cute! Cool about the crochet class, I crochet scarfs every once in awhile, it's pretty fun until you screw up and have to take it all out and start over! I hate that!! My mom got really into it last year and I have like 6 scarfs in every different color!!

Deana fun chatting as always! Thanks for always doind a water challenge so it makes us get our butts in gear. I was telling Penny last night that I can't do one everyday cuz on days when I go to town I don't want to have to pee everywhere cuz I hate public restrooms, however I know that eventually all the peeing will subside if I just stick with it so I need to just do that! You sound so busy today! You will be getting some exercise with all the running around you are doing!

Amy I hope you get your train wreck cleaned up!! LOL Ummmm Costco did our big cake because the little one I made for Bayley almost did me in! You should have saw me trying to get the frosting just perfect, I was sweating like a pig and cursing at it! Luckily I think the first birthday is the only one that really puts pressure on you to make the cake yourself. The rest of them it's all about Costco!!! Or Wal-Mart if you are lucky enough to have a super wal-mart as I am not! I use those homestyle bakes every once in awhile too, they're pretty good!

Penny thanks for the chat last night! It was nice to unwind from all the festivities and chat with ya! Should we start CORE together? I think I need a CORE buddy! LOL Spryng can come too I guess but she doesnt' have as much to lose!!!! Hope you found some pants for Hunter and when are you having their parties? This weekend? Is everything done for them? Let us know! Dinner sounds good! I had that last week too!!

KRISTIN YOUR KILLING ME!!! WHERE ARE YOU AND WHAT ARE THE RESULTS????!!!!!!

Spryng or should I say Big Penny LOL it was nice chatting with you as always! Hope you find that memory that you need and that it works for you. I was thinking of going through all Bayleys toys today too and boxing up the baby ones for the next baby and put them in the attic, her toy box is so big if it's filled you can't get to the bottom to see what's down there and then what's the point! Hope you are getting a lot done!

Hey Julie nice to hear from you again! Don't be such a stranger!

Ok that's enough from me! I am still dealing with the water company and the bill was due on the 10th. I am not paying a bill that is 4 times what it was just a month earlier when we don't have any leaks and have not been using anymore water than normal, I just hope they don't shut it off!! AHHHHH Anyway need some food in my belly TTYL!!
Old 09-20-2004, 02:30 PM   #23  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

S/C/G: 208/162/135

Height: 5' 2.5"

Afternoon Ladies...

Been out and about and now trying to play catch up with this house! GRRR... Who messes all this up??????

Crystal,
Shame Shame! You know that is not a healthy lunch I am up for a flylady challenge! Fine with me I get back from picking up Hunter at 3.. or a little after!

Deana,
I am down about 40 oz. How are you doing?

Spryng,
Have fun with all the toys throwing..... My kids scream bloody murder when they see me coming w/ the black garbage bag....lol

Amy,
Wanna join us at 3pm for a flylady challenge??

Julie!!!!
It is great to see you here! I knew you were lurking somewhere!!!! How are you doing!

Jill,
I started core today.... I wasn't gonna mention it for a couple days but since you and Spryng brought it up....lol I am doing just fine with it and I don't feel that headache coming on like I did with South Beach. I feel liberated but still feel very energized from exercise this am (2miles) and then the healthy eating today! I know Bayley's party was stressful! All of mine always were... See ya at 3

Mel,
Glad you felt that kick.....lol I have started exercising in the early morning... b/t 6 and 7 to get my day started.... If you wanna join me

Ok Ladies.... Got Hunter's pants $16.99 each But heck that is how much uniform pants are... I am doing great and feel really good

Have a great couple hours and see ya soon
mompen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2004, 02:40 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

I'm back for a bit. Kids are napping now and my pie just got done, I had a little piece to see how it came out and YUM! I just wish I had some ff cool whipe to lather on it, lol. And my chicken is happily marinating in the fridge. So dinner will be a cinch later.

Jill, so glad Bayley got lots of things she needed along with some fun toys! Sounds like you had alot of people there. I think they pork chops sound great. I've been eating alot of chicken lately so pork sounds really good, lol. I'll be making a pork tenderloin soon and tomorrow will be swiss steaks in the crockpot so I'll get away from chicken for a bit. And yes, corn is Core. But remember if you have those sweet potatos for dinner don't have br. rice, or ww pasta any other time today unless you count the pts ok? Just a reminder. I messed up on that alot when I first started core but now it's no problem. Hope you can sort that water bill problem out. What did they say?

Penny, you snuck in on me! You probably don't have that headache from Core because it doesn't make you do that first phase which is really restrictive, you know? Plus with those 35 weekly pts you still get in junk food. So it works well.

Crystal, you getting excited about your sono tomorrow?? I would be climbing the walls. I loved those moments.

Well, I'm off here to scour the net a bit or maybe I'll take a nap, not sure yet. TTYL!
spryng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2004, 02:56 PM   #25  
SAHM ?!? of 4............

Just a quick post from me.....40 ounces down, going for more in a minute. I dropped dd off at school and went to walmart and bought me a 2 gallon container with the spout on it for the fridge. That will cut down on using ice which I don't make with my purified water, so i'm still getting tap water with all the chemicals....yuck.

Have about enough time to go make brownies to take tonight, then after I pick dd up I will get the pasta and sauce made and ready to go. We have to be there just before 6:30. But....I don't have to cook tonight.....YEAH!!!

Sounds like everyone is having a good day. Wish I could get in on cleaning challenge but too many other things to worry about right now. Trying to clean as I go, as best as I can.

Will check in with water update and get more personal later, probably after we get back, around 8 central or so. Get that water down. See ya later.
Deana1113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2004, 03:04 PM   #26  
Curves 6-week solution

Ok just had lunch and had some leftover chicken from last night (mom and day took us out to dinner yummmmmm) and I made some broccoli to go with. Spryng I usually try to keep the starches to one meal a day (unless I have a tuna sandwich LOL) so the potatoes tonight will be the only starch for the day. I think CORE is a lot easier than it sounds. I figure just cut out sauces and condiments that aren't ff sf and only eat starches once a day and I should be good to go. I really need to start eating breakfast though cuz I know with working out my body needs more calories and when I get home it's almost lunch and I just end up eating lunch a snack and dinner and I don't think that is enough. I also know from past dieting that if my body doens't get enough calories that it will actually hang onto weight because it goes into starving mode and tries to conserve. Anyway you know Penny and I are going to lean on you for CORE support right?! LOL Your a great motivator! Ok enough of my rambling just wanted to shart my food and thoughts with you, I think I will do those Pork Chops so I need to go get them out of the freezer and then get something done around here!! LOL I've been on here all day!
Old 09-20-2004, 03:21 PM   #27  
Curves 6-week solution

BTW I'm a dork and was doing my conversions wrong on my water bottle so I have only drank about 30 ounces so far! LOL So I need to get on it right?!! Just thought I would let you all know! TTYL!!
Old 09-20-2004, 03:22 PM   #28  
**Kristin**

hello - I know you are all wondering what the heck is going on with me !! well so far, I am not pregnant, however, doc said that I still could be, they only pricked my finger today and wont do a full out blood test that they have to send of until after they do a sono and don't find anything in that! So today they told me that I am pretty darn healthy! Just need to get my BMI down (well duh! ) and that all I should do now is just wait and see what happens! Doc said that it is pretty common for women to miss their periods randomly one or even 2 months in a row. so if I haven't had a period or a positive HPT then we get worried and start doing sonograms and such to figureout what is up! So yes I know, more waiting , sheesh. Now though I don't really think that I am pregnant, I just think that it is highly unlikely! DOc said its 50-50 so that is not very helpful !! haha, so I am going to start taking pre-natal vitamins and if I am not already preg, then those will help she said! Sorry for not posting all weekend, I checked my email and such last night but then I really was too tired and dh was bugging me to come to bed early !!!

I had such a neat dream last ngiht about you guys, we were all chatting and someone said soemthing about touching the computer screens, and so we all did and I felt someone touching back! We were all laughing and I could hear it! IT was so cool, and WIERD! LOL! Then I said something like, see we are connected as friends....and then I can't remember the rest! TI was cool and reminded me that I am so lucky and that hopefully some day we can all meet! I would love to hug each and every one of you!

Hey there Julie! We didn't forget about you! Post me often, we love to hear from you!

Amy - so glad that you have gotten so much done !! I need to get my butt in gear!

PEnny - taco salad sounds good! Can I come for dinner! Hope you get your mopping done today!

Crystal - HOw cool ,you got sleep ! LOL ! Can't wait to hear about your sono tomorrow!!!

SPryng - sounds like a yummy dinner too! I love pumpkin pie, crustless heh? you'll have to get me that recipe!

Jill - you are too funny, I am so sorry I kept you waiting, will you ever forgive me! LOL!

Michelle - you don;t have me on the friendship exchange list, so I will PM you to remind you! ALso thanks for getting that site all cleaned up !

Deana - sounds like you have a busy day!!! I shoudl have one, but I don't know how much I will actually get done! ugh !!

Mel - your class sounds so fun !! I will hopefully have time to do somethign like that soo, what I really need to get working on is my scrapbook, sheesh that wil take me until I am dead as it is!

Leigh - how are you! Is your weather back to normal !

Emily - nice weigh in, way to go!

Ricci - hey there girl!

Geri - how are ya!!

Cheri - what is up girl?

Jaymi - how are ya, hangin' in there ??

okay to everyone else ! Hi I lve you too, if you are missing or lurking only, COME BACK !!!

well ladies, I have a weird week this week, so I don't think I will be able to get around too much in the evenings ! I officially am done with my cleaning job that I was doing for dh's g-ma> which is good because I hated it !!! I wil probably eventually get another job to get out fo the house, but now I am free to be here everynight when dh is gone in KC. NOW, starting last night until thursday, I will be helping ot take care of my cousins while their mom is out of town...so I am staying there overnight, I go over about 6pm and then get up in the morning, get everybody off to school and come home for the day and do it all over again! I dont mind helping her out, but then I have no evenings with you all! so next week will be my official week off, with no helping ayone out or working so that will be nice! Well, its taken me almost an hour to write this post so I shoudl send it before I lose it huh? I will try and get back here one more time before I leave tonight !!
TTYL !!
sydsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2004, 04:23 PM   #29  
2BoysMom

Hi ladies,

Never got back here last night or earlier today and now I haven't time to even catch up. Ended up canning carrots from the garden with Mom today. Tonight is WI and then my monthly girl's dinner got scheduled for today too. I don't know if I'll get a post in tonight or not! I'll have lots of reading to do to catch up!

Hope you're all having a great day!
Chubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2004, 04:45 PM   #30  

Geri, hey how r ya? Good luck with the WI tongiht.

Jill, what r u up too. Any challanges today? Have you recouped from the party?

Kristin, I can't believe you have more waiting to do! When is the US? At least you will know for sure then. Keep trying in the mean time....You never know what might happen...lol THoughts are with you~!

Penny, I could do 6am your time, but that's so early for you. & would be eight, but then I have to get Abigail off to school by 8:25, so that's not enough time for me. LMK what you think. I can do 7ct on M and W. LMK what works best for you. I am willing to try. Maybe we could make up a weekly workout chart and we just have to complete it by 9am either time and report back each day. Maybe that'l work. I'm get this big butt back into gear.
melmcc99 is offline   Reply With Quote