View Poll Results: Did You Live Together Before Marriage?
Yes 7 70.00%
No 3 30.00%
Never Been Married But Would Live Together First 0 0%
Never Been Married And Would Not Live Together First 0 0%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 09-22-2004, 06:08 PM   #16  

Hey Ramona it is nice to see a post from you. It has been awhile since you posted.

Gayle sorry to hear that you had to get a new pc. I bet is is nice having a new one though. Are you ready for the craft sale, yet? I bet you are in panic mode trying to get everything done. I am in shock....did you say you are walking? That is great. Keep it up. Work your way up to Canada.

Sherry you are doing to much again. Take it easy. I agree with Vicki.

Vicki that must have been some long winded phone call you had...lol

Shelley where are you? Did the winds take you away? It must be dark and dreary in your school and home if they are boarded up. Sitting by a window is so important to me. Even on a cloudy I don't like it. Thanks for answering my question about the pop ups. I guess I will just put up with it.

Debbie you are just as busy as Sherry. Take time to smell the flowers. Is it still swimming weather? We closed our pool last weekend.

Things are improving. I go back to see the surgeon tomorrow. I am still having syatic pain but my back is feeling alot better. Tonight we are going to aquafit again. I feel good just to be there even if I can't do everything. Sherry and Debbie are you back at the YMCA?

Well I got to run the oven is beeping telling me that dinner is ready. Love you all.
Old 09-22-2004, 06:23 PM   #17  

Dee-I am here, just lurking. I haven't been posting much because I was mainly talking to myself! At least today there has been a bit more action on the board. I still have to say, you are sounding so much better. I am so happy that you are sounding like your old self. You seem to be improving with each passing day.

Gayle-Enjoy your new computer. Did you get XP?

Sherry and Debbie-How did you both end up with weekend jobs. Did you know somebody in order to get involved with the games? I am thinking about getting a weekend job somewhere, but the only things around me are Walmart, Home Depot, Lowes, and some of the fast food places. I wouldn't mind working on Sat and Sun. somewhere close to where I live.
Old 09-23-2004, 01:51 AM   #18  

hello friends!
shelly,i will look into the challenges,thanks!

dee,yes she has ins.but there waiting for fema,i feel so badly for all them.
im on aol and cable i have a icon at the bottom of the page to block pop ups.
with this new puter i dont get em much anymore.
great to hear your walking,slow and steady wins the race.
deb,im realy liking the plan,im not used to all the food tho.

gayle,i so understand!
remember when my puter,vcr,and tv went out within a week?
i mean that was just wrong!
WTG ON YOUR NEW PUTER!
youll love it!
anyone here do pilates?
ive been doing it for bout a month now and altho i can see a diff. im starting to feel a diff.
cant wait to take measurements.
love to all,
doni
275/245/237
Old 09-23-2004, 05:46 AM   #19  

Doni-My daughter love Pilates. As a former dancer, she is very good at it. I'm sure the more you do, the more inches you will lose!
Old 09-23-2004, 07:33 AM   #20  

Shelley....You are like me when i don't have much to say I just lurk also....We are bad....lolololol

Gayle...How's puter working for you????

Sher & Deb.....Car54 where are you gals???

Dee....How have you been feeling of late?? So glad to see you post...Listen to me one who has bad habit of lurking....

Well kids will be coming in a minute so better get off.

Love ya

Vicki
Old 09-23-2004, 08:31 AM   #21  

Hey All....

I'm real sick. I went to bed at 8:00 last night. I'm not going to work. I have a Dr.'s appt. @ 8:45. I'll let you know what she says I have.My throat & ear is killing me!

I'll post later today.....Please forgive me for not posting like I should. I'm either working or cleaning & washing. And I've been sick since Monday.

Love & Miss you....
Old 09-23-2004, 09:30 AM   #22  
Losing it!

Sherry, I'm off to see a client in a few minutes, but will check back in later. Let us know what she says. Personally, I think you need to slow way down, you try to do everything and it's catching up with you.

I'll check in later girls! Just as soon as I'm back home, I need to take advantage of the nice sunny day and get some of my last minute craft stuff done that needs to be finished outdoors. I tried yesterday, but it rained 3 inches!
Old 09-23-2004, 12:03 PM   #23  

Well I am glad to come back and see that my post was still there. Even happier to see all the posts after me.

Shelley I am improving every day. I do have the syatic pain but it isn't as bad as before sugery. I am seeing the surgeon today to see what is up with that. Since I can sit 5-10 minutes at a time I try to post when I can.

Sherry I am sorry to hear that you are not well. You need to rest and take care of Sherry.

Doni what kind of program is it that you have to take away the pop ups? I would like to try pilaties when I am feeling better. It is something that I thought that I would enjoy.

Gayle doesn't it likft your spirits when the sun is out? Three inches of rain... that must have been a good down pour! I hope that you get all the crafting done today that you needed to finish.

Vicki I miss my day care kids. I did day care for 18 years. I just love little ones. I don't get to see many children becuase our friends kids are teens. Only my nephews and neices and we don't see them that often.

I hope that evryone enjoys the day.
Old 09-23-2004, 03:23 PM   #24  

Hi

I went to the Dr. this morning and then came home & went to bed!!! She said I had an Upper Respiratory Infection, Sinus Infection and both ears infected! (Even though only 1 ear hurts). I got 2 shots and a precription for an antibotic. So hopefully I'll start feeling better soon.I can't go back to work until Monday so maybe it will do me good to relax all day tomorrow. But you know me...I'll be up washing and cleaning all day.

For everyone that has lots of pop-up ads: I don't have them here on fatchicks because I'm the moderator and they are blocked. But on other sites I "did" have them. I downloaded PopSwatter and it really helps!!! I love it. It's a big fly swatter that swatts the pop-ups. Kinda cool.

Shelley,
Is school going better for you now? I've been meaning to post and ask you. Do the girls like school? Drew still doesn't like it and I told him he WILL graduate! He's a Junior this year so it won't be long now! About the games: Debbie's Son used to date the boss at the stadium. That's how we got our foot in the door. We were very lucky. I by no means want to brag but, I make almost as much working one game (9 hours) as I do 2 weeks at the school! Can you believe that?! That money is always put up for Christmas & Florida vacation. I hate that it's only 2 pre-season games and 10 regular games. Wished it was more!! If you do get a weekend job please don't let it run you down like it does me...ok?

Dee,
I'm so glad that you're feeling some better. I think of you all the time. Don't think this is crazy...I've never told anyone....But the day you had surgery, I held the angel you gave me at Christmas and said a prayer for you. I want you out of pain so much!I know you'll be well very soon and be doing all the things you were doing before. Did you know that you have many, many people who love you & care for you?! Love you!!!

Debbie,
Thank you for "making" me go to the Dr. She said if I would have waited (like I ususally do) until next week, it might have already gone into puemonia (sp). Now I can be all well to work the game Sunday! Don't make plans for next Saturday! We are playing cards and talking our ears off..ok???? I miss you g/f!

Gayle,
I hope you sell all of your beautiful crafts at the show! Your work is so pretty I know it will!!! I bet you love your new computer!!! I got mine about 2-3 months ago and love it! Mine is a flat screen with no back to it...Know what I mean? Mine is a HP...what's yours? I know what you mean about money. When Wayne & I think we have an extra dollar or 2, something breaks down! Story of my life! How does Allison like school? I bet you miss her so much when she's gone.

Doni,
I'm so glad that you're back to posting all the time. Is there a link for info on pilates? I would like to know more about it. Congrats on loosing inches!!! I'm on AOL also. Would you send me your IM name in a private email and we can talk to each other!! That would be fun!

Vicki,
How are you doing? Still keeping those kids I see. I did it for 5 years and there are days when I do miss it though.I promise to slow down some. I keep going & going knowing that I will get sick. I've got to start making time for ME! BTW: Who is Car54????

Carol,
How are you girl? I miss you!!! How's your Mom & Dad? Are you still staying OP? When I went to the Dr. this morning I weighed 182 so that means I have lost 6 lbs!! It hasn't been from my eating so it must be from running & going non-stop! On game days I never eat which is sooooo bad! Post soon and let us know how you are!!!!!!

Ramona,
I'm really, really going to need you soon!!! You'll never believe what Chris did??! He joined the Navy!! Yep...He had his physical and drug test yesterday. He can leave for bootcamp anytime between now and after Christmas. We really don't know when or where yet. He decided to join after a long "thinking spell." He can finish up his Criminal Justice degree there (2 yrs. of schooling left) and it will be paid for too. His girlfriend is going to finish school here and in 2 years when she's done, they will get married.I have cried and cried. I'm happy for him but also worried. I still don't know how you were able to let go of 2 boys! Did you cry a lot? I will be strong and give him my blessings.I will be behind him 100% even though it will be tough. So when I have my crying days, will you be there for me? Speaking of such, how are your boys?

Ramona......Cheryl.......Tina....(hope I didn't forget anyone)....Hope you're ok. Please post soon!

Going to lay back down. Sorry it's so long but I wanted to catch-up.

Love you all.....
Old 09-23-2004, 04:25 PM   #25  

Sherry, I won't lie to you and tell you it is easy because it isn't. I will tell you this however, when you go and watch Chris graduate from basic training, you will be beaming with pride and will know that your little boy is a man now. He will change before your eyes and you will love him even more than you ever thought possible. At least one good thing is that in the Navy, he will probably be safer than in any of the other branches. I'm assuming of course that he isn't planning on being a Navy Seal or anything like that! You will cry, you will worry, you will fret, you will doubt. And then when you get that email from him telling you how well he is doing and all the wonderful places he is seeing and adventures he is living, you will know that it was all worth it. In my book, the day he signed that dotted line, he became an American Hero. It sounds as if he really thought this through and it wasn't a hasty decision. Go online and order your first "Proud to be a Navy Mom" T-shirt and then wear it with all the pride you feel for the little boy who grew under your loving guideance into a mature, intellegent man who loves his country. And don't be afraid to let him see you cry, for it is through tears that we show our love. And then it is through drying those tears and smiling away the pain that we show our true strength and courage.

Please tell Chris how very proud I am of him and that I wish him all the best.

I hope you are feeling better very soon!
Old 09-23-2004, 05:00 PM   #26  

Dear Ramona,
I can hardly type this because I'm crying so hard. Your letter really touched me. Like I said, I don't know how you let both boys go, let alone one. This is the hardest thing I've ever done and all I can say is you are one brave,loving, wonderful person. Your boys are so very lucky to have you. I truely mean that from the bottom of my heart.

Chris called me about 30 min. ago. He leaves Jan. 19th to the Great Lakes. I didn't cry until I read your letter though. It has FINALLY touched home. I can feel him leaving already.

I'm going to order my "Proud Mom" shirt now!!! Thank you Ramona!!! I Love You!
Old 09-23-2004, 07:05 PM   #27  

Sherry-You must be too young to remember Car54 Where Are You??--The TV show! I knew exactly what Vicki was talking about. I can't imagine seeing my child join the armed forces. I'm sure he will be great in whatever capacity he decides to serve.

I would have quit today if I could. I was covering the clinic, which I have been doing all week because all of the extra assistants are testing the kids in Diebels. Being at the front counter, covering the clinic (btw, I have had 3 or 4 wet or poopy pants for the past couple of days!), making emergency copies, answering the phones, having teachers call me on the intercom, people calling in blue line walkers (standing quietly on the line), I can't even start to do my own work. Not to mention bus problems as usual. It hasn't slowed down one bit. There was an open house tonight, but the principal told me I didn't have to go since Becky is still taking me back and forth to work. I don't know if all of this is worth it or not. I should have come home and run today to get rid of some of the stress, but my mom called and needed a pair of shoes that I had, so I ran them out to Cape Coral instead. At least I am a bit more relaxed after seeing my parents. I haven't been over to their house since before the hurricane. They are going to Jacksonville tomorrow to my nephew's wedding, and I am not going. They are going to drive to Tampa, then go up with my brother and sister in law on Saturday and come back on Sunday. To top things off, Saturday is Yom Kippur and my dad will be fasting. I hope he doesn't get sick!

Now Becky needs to use my computer. Talk to you all tomorrow.
Old 09-23-2004, 07:55 PM   #28  
Carol

Hello All

Sorry I haven't been posting lately. No good excuse really except my feet and ankles hurt so bad by the time I get home from work that all I want to do is sit with them propped up. Today I just felt like crying. I just started going to a reumotologist last month. At first she put me on new meds and I thought they were going to help, then about a week ago I had a bad flare up. The doctor gave me a shot in each ankle, put me on steroids for the swelling for a week and sent me to have blood work & xrays done. So far, I don't think any of it has done me much good. I get up in the mornings and within 1/2 hour I am walking like a 100 year old woman. Every step is pain!! The Dr. still has not called me back with any test results. I am going to call her tomorrow. I can't believe how painful it can be to walk when I used to walk 3 miles a day 2 years ago.

Anyway, enough about me.

I am so glad you are taking care of yourself Sherry!! I always knew you worked too hard and didn't take enough time for you!! I hope you feel better real soon. Oh and great job on losing those 6 lbs. We take any loss anyway we can get it!!!

BTW Sherry: I can only imagine what you are feeling about Chris joining the Navy. A mixture of pride and a mother's love wrapped up with worry and caring... As you said, Ramona has all the answers in this area.

Ramona and Sherry: WTG on the two wonderful women I know who raised such great sons!!! Thanks to both of you and all those wonderful parents who raised sons and daughters that are doing their best to serve and protect us all!!!

Gayle: I am wishing for great sales for you at the at craft show. Gotta pay for that computer and christmas!!! Good Luck.

Shelley: I know how you feel about just wishing you could walk away from your job. I have days... sometimes weeks, like that too. Hang in there and maybe, just maybe the right position will come along. You just have to keep you eyes open, an open mind, and be ready!!

Debbie: Sounds as if you are as busy as a bee like Sherry. Just make sure you take care of yourself. Don't want you being sick like she is...As far af staying OP.. it is the hardest thing in the world to do... I did lose a couple of pounds, although I am not quite sure how, since I eat everything in sight!!! Oh for a magical wish to make those lbs go away..... Anyone out there have the magic potion.... it would be worth a fortune!!!

Doni: Your doing great. We all need to find that plan that works so well it doesn't feel like work. Sounds like you have. Keep it up girl!!

Dee: I am so glad you are much, much better. Keep after those Drs, until your 100%!! I am routing for you!!
Old 09-24-2004, 05:43 AM   #29  

I am so depressed today. I am fat and poor!

Carol-I hope that your feet and ankles get better soon. What's up with everyone having leg problems? Could it be that everyone is on them too much??
Old 09-24-2004, 06:50 AM   #30  
Carol

Shelley: Don't be so hard on yourself. We all have days when we don't feel good about ourselves, but pick yourself up and trying making a list of all the good things in your life. I bet you find plenty to be happy about.

Maybe we can't all be stick thin and rich (especially me ), but we can be happy and healthy with what we have. BE HAPPY!!

I figure if I wake up in the morning it is a good day!!! After all, what is the alternative.

Last edited by Carol101; 09-24-2004 at 06:54 AM.
Closed Thread