3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   Time For Serious Fun #83 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/46485-time-serious-fun-83-a.html)

gma22 09-11-2004 02:42 AM

Time For Serious Fun #83

TIME FOR SERIOUS FUN

We are a thread dedicated to making losing weight a pleasant experience. We laugh, cry and talk together. We have challenges, points for staying on program, drinking our water, and exercising. We have a daily topic to join in. Our only focus is to help us realize that dieting and all that goes with it need not be unpleasant, but can be fun. Come join the fun here at Time for Serious Fun! Everyone is Welcome!

TOPICS:

Monday: Mission Monday New mission each week
Tuesday: Target Tuesday We target something to work on
Wednesday: Wednesday's Woes Our day to complain about anything and everything
Thursday: Time for Us Thursday The day set aside to pamper us!
Friday: Fabulous Lbs Down Friday. Report our losses!
Saturday: Sunny Thoughts Saturday We share stories and jokes to help us smile
Sunday: Silly Poll Sunday A new poll to give your thoughts to every week

POINTS VALUES:

STAYING ON PROGRAM IS 2 POINTS
DRINKING YOUR WATER IS 1 POINT
EXERCISING IS 1 POINT

POSTING A WTG: A WTG IS WHEN SOMETHING NON WEIGHT LOSS HAPPENS TO YOU LIKE A NEW DRESS IN A SMALLER SIZE. TO POST A WTG, USE ALL CAPS AND POST IT IN PINK. FOR EXAMPLE: WTG: I rode my bike 2 miles instead of one today.

THIRD QUARTER CHALLENGE SEPT 1-JAN 1. THE MOST LBS LOST WILL WIN A $30 VISA GIFT CARD! ONLY THOSE WHO ARE MEMBERS AS OF THE START OF THE QUARTER ARE ELIGIBLE FOR THE PRIZE, NEWBIES, ARE ELIGIBLE THE NEXT QUARTER THOUGH ALL MAY JOIN THE CHALLENGE!

gma22 09-11-2004 02:46 AM

SATURDAY: Today is Sunny Thoughts Saturday. Can you make us smile or laugh today?

Amanda: I put your pts and wt loss with the others on yesterday's thread.

I just want to say how proud I am of this group. We are losing lbs and staying on track. It is always good to see not just that lbs are being lost, but that you ladies are taking seriously your program and all the rest. Let's keep up the good work and get this nasty stuff off of us once and for all.

talk to you later in the morning

Faye :)

gigglez 09-11-2004 07:04 AM

Morning everyone!

It is amazing what a good nights rest can do for you. This is one of the few Saturdays that I can remember in over a year that I didn't have to get up and be at work before 3 am. I hope that everyone will have a wonderful sunny day!

hugs
sandy

gigglez 09-11-2004 07:08 AM

OOOOOOOOOOOOOPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

I got myself a little delima here I have found out last night that one of my friends has fixed my up for a blind date tonight. While I do appericate this I made plans, sorta with Richard and Corey for tonight. Part of me thinks that I should go on and go out but then again I do know that since we have divorced Richard and I get along so much better. I know part of it is because he lives about 30 mins away and some of it is that he has finally accepted that I am a mommy first. It is so funny how men get so upset when a child is put before them. OK any help will be greatly appericated.

Thanks

sandy

Sandybrat 09-11-2004 12:38 PM

Morning Beautifuls... barely but still morning....lol 4 points for yesterday. Sandy... are u looking for someone to go out with?? Maybe u should go and see, u may have fun... and if you and richard get along better now... u know that he will be there as your friend right?? or do u want more than that from him... and please dont think i am being nosy... thses are just questions for u to ask your self.,.. lol i dont need an answer...lol! Follow your instincts... the dont steer you wrong.
WTG Amanda... on the loss and the volunteer work... i am wanting to do some volunteer stuff here as well. Theres a womens shelter here that i donate stuff too and they have asked if i would like to volunteer my time as well... i think it would be very rewarding... and fun as well.
I am going shopping today to get some good tuna steaks... i have a craving...lol and since our neighbor is leaving tuesday for overseas i want to make a nice dinner for all of us. so steaks and utuna steaks on the grill... salad.. and some roasted veggies. A nice bottle of wine and we are all set. anybody else care to join us??? LOL I love cooking for others...
I hope u all have a fantastic day... rmember to take care of u.. love to u all
Sandy

gma22 09-11-2004 04:50 PM

SandyB :bravo:
Faye :bravo:

SandyG Ok the old married budinsky is going to put in my two cents. IF Corey knows you have plans then I believe it is best to go out with he and his dad. Personally, it is pretty cheeky for a friend to make plans for you without consulting you first and doing it at the last minute. I know it is nice to meet new people, but on the other hand it is not fair to you to be backed into a corner this way. Also, I am assuming this is for Corey's BD so that is most important I think. Just my opinion and besides, can't the blind date be rescheduled instead of your night with your son? If not, he may not be such a catch!

Julie: Bought the cookbook and haven't used it yet but it has great recipes though a couple of them kind of turned my stomach. From a lady who is German and grew up eating German food, try the saurbraten! It has the same ingredients as my grandma's so I am sure it is tasty.

have a great weekend ladies

mscat816 09-11-2004 05:34 PM

Mia

Hi ladies! I have been sooooo busy and overwhelmed that I haven't been able to post but I have been reading your posts in the a.m. when I am on the treadmill! :tread: Short of the long is . . .:soap:
1. dh is in germany for 6 weeks and we talk at 1:30 a.m. my time most nights (which = less sleep). :tired:
2. dd started high school and has to be at bus stop at 6:30 a.m. (which = less sleep) :tired:
3. had a major project for work that was keeping me there late and working through lunch (no one was helping me!)
4. best girl moving to Atlanta - spending many nights to the wee hours helping her (which = less sleep). :tired:
5. my van has brake problems, so I drove dh's cobra and ran up on a concrete stop sign post at grocery store and added another set of scratches - then took my van to the dealer and they want $800 for brakes!
6. mom's best friend and my dd's godmother is failing from cancer.
7. had a total murphy's law day on Friday for about 12 hours straight!

I am restbroken and a little stressed - thank goodness i have God and my landmark education - He gives me my spiritual fortitude and landmark gives me my counter actions! Life is good and I am grateful for what I have and what I can do. I survived the week and I just attended a 4 -hour landmark event that is occurring all over the world called "Causing the Miraculous." It was great!:D

I have enjoyed reading your posts - will respond later this weekend to some of personally. For now Faye, I am sorry I missed checking in for the start of the quarter. If I am still eligible to join - my weight at the start was 227. I down only 1.5 lbs today but that is better than gaining especially given that I haven't been eating, drinking, and sleeping regularly. 3 pointing most of the week due to exercise and staying on plan - but drinking and sleeping is not good. I know you know, Faye, even though we don't get points for it, how important sleep factors into our metabolism and weight loss issues.

Fabulous job to all on your weight losses this week!:bravo:

mscat816 239/225.5/140

gma22 09-11-2004 08:27 PM

MsCat: Just wanted to let you know I stuck your beginning weight in on our challenge spreadsheet so you are ready to go! Good job on the 2 lbs btw.

Everyone have a great night. See you tomorrow

Faye

gma22 09-12-2004 06:23 AM

SUNDAY: Today is Silly Poll Sunday and our silly poll this week is what is your favorite color? Do you wear it a lot?

Morning ladies. I like all shades of purple and I like yellow the best and they both look pretty good on me. I don't like brown and looks like brown and orange is the fall fashion colors so we are all going to look like pumpkins this season I guess! :lol:

check in later

Sandybrat 09-12-2004 09:18 AM

GOOD MORNING BEAUTIFULS... 4 points for yesterday. I think i need a cup of coffee this morning... kids were up b4 7am... its sunday!! obviously they dont care...lol As for the silly poll... i love white, pale blue and pink... i wear them alot. white tshirt or mans shirt most everyday... and i bought a few of the oversized mens dress shirts that i love to just throw on over my tshirt. I agree with u Faye... not a fan of brown... i do like orange tho...lol
I hope everyone has a fantabulous day today... looks like its going to be a nice one here... remember to take care of u...love to everyone...
Sandy

Amanda Panda 09-12-2004 12:22 PM

Hi all!

I got 2 points yesterday - went a bit off plan with my eating, but not too bad! This was the first week that I went swimming 3 times - I'm really pleased that I have managed to gradually build it up from once a week to 3 times a week. I actually wasn't in the mood to go yesterday, as I felt really tired, but I knew I'd regret it if I didn't go, so I just got on with it and went and felt much better for it.

My favourite colour (at the moment) is baby blue - I used to love purple, and all I wore was black and purple, but now I am trying out new colours. Like Sandy, I love pale blues and pinks and white - but if I'm having a 'fat day', I'll stick to the darker colours! ;)

Wow - we had some great losses this week!

MsCat - I hope you are able to catch up on your sleep soon! 6 weeks away from your husband is a long time - I bet you miss him! I'm glad your little accident in the van wasn't too serious and you weren't hurt.

Sandy G - Any decisions about the 'blind date' yet? I think I agree with Faye - it's a little thoughtless of your friend to make plans for you without checking with you, especially on Corey's birthday weekend. I'm sure her heart was in the right place - the question is, do you want to start dating?

Susan - well done for using the dumbells - that will really define your arms. I've got a couple here at home and am thinking of doing a bit of a workout with them later.

Faye - Well done on losing 10lb. Keep at it and keep your eyes on the prize! - we can do this!

Carri, Julie, Sandy B, Dorothy - have a great day!

Love Amanda x

mscat816 09-12-2004 04:43 PM

Silly Sunday

Hi Lovely Ladies:

I am chatting with my dh in germany while watching the football games and our fantasy football stats. What a wonderful thing the internet is. :D

Amanda - thanks for the thoughts - I felt good this a.m. but around 3 I started to feel fatique again. I had some :coffee: because I have to meet Tay's father in Ohio (about a two hour drive) to pick her up from her visit! BTW it was my husband's cobra I scratched up - I wish it was my van. The van needs a brake job but I ain't paying the dealership $800 for that!

Sandy G - I agree that plans with Corey and his father superceed. You might want to tell your friend you appreciate her thoughts and to keep you informed of any other opportunities for you to meet new people so you can schedule around the number one man in your life - Corey.

My favorite color is blue - but I have so much yellow in my skin I can't always wear certain shades. I don't like brown but I look great in that of course! :lol: My husband and I both like black so I am trying to put splashes of color in our home to counteract the black furniture - hence the red valances I am making with hand stenciled black chinese characters!

Have a great Sunday :wave:- mscat 239/225.5/140

gma22 09-12-2004 05:53 PM

SandyB :bravo:
Faye :bravo:
Amanda :dancer:

We are having thunder storms so I need to get off. Just wanted to post points for yesterday

gma22 09-13-2004 06:28 AM

MONDAY: Today is Mission Monday and our Mission this week is staying OP. Let's commit this week to being OP all week even if we can't get 4pts everyday.

later girls

Mirabelly 09-13-2004 07:46 AM

Morning Lovelies!

Quickie post...gotta get the kids to school. Lots of exercise this weekend, but totally BAD BAD choices with food. Makes this Monday's mission perfect for me. I'm needing to set goals I can achieve for a morale boost....so:

This week I WILL:
Stay OP 5 days, exercise 4 days, write 8,000 words in my book.

I've been keeping to my promise of writing every school day really well, but there's been alot of 1/2 days and vacation days the past 2 weeks. They like to ease the kids into a full week. This is a full week, though, and I want to build up to writing 2,000 words a day. I've been writing 1,000 pretty easily, so with Saturday as a backup day I should be able to meet the 8,000.

Sounds like everyone is doing great! I've been eyeing that saurbraten recipe, Faye, except I'm not so sure about the gingersnaps....

Gotta fly, kids are in the van.
Be back later,
Julie