Old 09-12-2004, 07:37 PM   #31  
starting over again......

S/C/G: 261.4/261.4/200

Height: 5'4"

Hello ladies…..how are you all doing?

Nothing new here, same stuff different day.

Well, Brandon went to a baby sitter for the first time last night! He was great for them! Me and Tommy on the other hand, only called once to see how he was doing and then left at around 11 or so to go get him! He got to try applesauce for the first time last night…..and did not like it one bit. He also showed us something new that he knows how to do. He can move his walker backwards but only on tile! There are pictures on his webpage!

Well, my MIL is a big PITA! Last night we went to my hubby’s cousin’s wedding reception. We sat at the table with my hubby’s siblings and their dates. My MIL said two things to me all night. The first thing she said to me was “how is the baby doing?” Not how is Brandon doing, but how is the baby doing. I said he is doing fine. And that was it. Later on that night she came up to me and said “Kimmie is dropping me off at your house tomorrow” with a very snotty attitude. Then today when Tommy’s sister brought his mom over here, they got out along with Tommy’s sister’s daughter and came inside. His sister and her daughter didn’t stay long, and when they left his sister told her daughter to give everyone a hug…….EXCEPT me! (I was in the bedroom downloading some pictures off our digital camera.) And then his mom when they were leaving didn’t come in a say bye, she stood at the end of the hallway and said “bye Mindee” again with a snotty attitude. My hubby asked his mom how come I didn’t get invited to the baby shower today. And she goes “I don’t know. Something about something….I didn’t have anything to do with it. I don’t kow.” They left and Tommy brought Brandon into our bedroom cause I was still downloading the pictures and I looked at him and said “now do you believe me?” He goes what do you mean? I said “now do you believe me when I say how vindictive and revengeful she is?” He goes “yes I do.” Then he told me that he asked her why I wasn’t invited to the shower (case in point, a very good friend of ours who is like a mother to Tommy, asked my MIL why I didn’t get invited. So I know that there are people asking about me.) and I said “yeah I heard you.” He told me what she said and I said “I don’t believe one word of it.” He goes “me too.” (which is a first because he is now coming around about how is mom/sister are) He put Brandon on our bed, and he told Brandon that he would teach him to call her grandma short **** because she is short. I looked at Brandon and said “forget about calling her grandma short ****, I will teach you to call her Grandma Dickie.” (Richardine is her real name, and her mom calls her Dickie and she HATES it.)

Jana~ No problem! I will gladly give out wishes when they are needed! You are doing awesome girl! Please give me your secret!!

Cristi~ I guess it was mother’s intuition because I knew that if I freaked out, then he would freak out. So I just stayed calm and then fling it into the bath tub with my brush. I have my share of good days and bad days. I do really well, and then something happens and I end up slacking off. I need to get back to doing better though! She wants to treat my like garbage, I can decide if Brandon sees her or not.

Marti~ My one leg with the screw in it, is flexible. But it doesn’t like to be tested too much. I have had to take a couple days off of exercising because it started to hurt. I just might check out our local video store and see if they have one I can rent.

Julie~ I will have to look at them and pick some up.
tommysgirl18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2004, 12:28 AM   #32  
self portrait

Happy belated birthday jana: I am sorry I spaced it, very weird and I have been forgetting alot of things lately. May be the stress I don't know. But I feel really bad for forgetting you. I will try and make it up to you someday hon.
Also Happy anniversary to you and your wonderful hubby Neal.
Well, nothing big happened this weekend. I crafted all day again on saturday in between watching the big Oregon Duck football opener. I am sure the neighbors were wondering what was going on in my house with all the hooting and hollering and such for the game. I really get into it. my boyfriend has season tickets, so he was there while I had to stay home. So I just crafted while I watched, which is why i didn't get as much done as I wanted. Oh well. Also my boyfriend cut his hair off on friday, very dramatic experience for him. I took pictures of the whole thing and we are going to send his ponytail to the Locks of Love thing. I did keep a small strand for a scrapbook page though. hee hee. I just can't stop staring at him, he looks so much better and younger with the hair gone, sooo cute. hee hee. He hates it, but I think he just has to get used to it. Also, he had to admit that he was thinning a bit and he didn't like that either. I told him i loved him with or without hair. But I don't think he believed me. he s[pent the whole rest of friday going it the bathroom and staring at his hair. everytime I needed to know where he went, I just had to look in there. LOL
Anywho, nothing new here with me.
Angie: so glad you can home from your vacation when you did. It is not good to be in Cuba right now. scary.
Everyone else that I missed, susan, jen, katy, marti, etc, etc, etc I hopeyour week goes great and I will check back in tomorrow maybe.
Oh marti: let me know about getting together for crafts or such. hee hee I am always up for that.
SqueakMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2004, 09:12 AM   #33  
GmaTo8

Good morning, ladies,

Thank you so much to everyone who sent birthday and anniversary wishes to me (and Neal)!! It really means a lot....

Let's see.... who's been here since I was here last?

Cristi - I also am scared of wasps and things like that... Neal was once stung by a wasp on his eyelid! The whole right side of his face swelled up and his eye was swollen shut for a couple of days. I got rid of my Halloween stuff, and I'm so sorry that I did! But when I started the youth group at church, one of them told me that the Lutherans (I was raised Catholic) don't believe in celebrating Halloween, so I gave it all away. I had some really cute things that would make the DGDs chuckle, not afraid. Oh well.... although we used to get over 100 trick-or-treaters in town, all we get here is the grandkids, lol. I think you'll enjoy having them again. Anyway, for Fall, I ordered several things from Terry's Village that are just too cute!

Katy - I'm not sure which Mexican foods would be Core... the beans, lettuce, tomatoes, salsa probably. Not the tortilla, cheese, meat (not 97% lean), or sour cream. All I know is, one beef soft-shell taco from Taco Bell, with no sc, is 4.5 points! I eat them once in awhile with a "free" salad. I'm embarrassed to ask this, but is a PDA like a Palm Pilot?

Susan - awww, hope you feel happier today. I bet you felt lots better once Gaby got home and got some hugs and kisses from her...

Marti - good luck with the 1/2 day orientation and then work today! Hope you're feeling better. Cristi's right - the carefree roses are so nice to have, and they really do bloom from Spring til frost.

Julie - muscle is heavy, that's for sure, and another thing to think of is that while you are building up your muscles, they hold water for cushioning. I was told that by one of the other mods when I first started on the treadmill, and it makes sense.

Mindee - about your in-laws, I sure do understand how you feel.! Although most of my in-laws are really sweeties, I have a few of the nasty ones myself that I've had to deal with over the years and it's been unpleasant. All you have to worry about, though, is the fact that Tommy sees what's going on and will back you, like my Neal did, too.

Shanna - aww, I know you would've sent good wishes my way had you known it was my birthday! I bet your DBF does look better! Men! I think they are secretly more vain than women, lol.

We had a great anniversary! Went to Evansville, and had a good time. I bought some books on CD for when I'm on the treadmill. Cristi - you'd like these... a set of Maeve Binchey books: The Copper Beech, Circle of Friends, and The Glass Lake. Also bought The Christmas Blessing. I have already read all of the Maeve Binchey ones, but will really enjoy hearing them while on the treadmill. The narrator is an Irish woman.. hope I can understand her alright, lol.

Hope everyone has a great Monday!!

Edited to add: Cristi, I just got the anniversary card! The roses and the music are just too beautiful! Thank you so, so much!!
Jane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2004, 09:49 AM   #34  

Good morning! I finally made it in here. Things have been so busy lately. Such is life, I guess.

Went out for dinner with a friend from work Friday night. Saturday went out with dbf. Sunday watched football, then my aunt and uncle from Ohio stopped in for the night. They are on their way out west for a 2 month vacation. Wish I was retired! I'm really glad I took today off of work. I really don't have any plans, which is an odd feeling.

Well, I decided to stay with the agency in the position that was "tailor made" for me. Might as well give it a try, and keep all of my benefits and retirement plan the same, if I can. Plus, I know the people, the system, it's just easier.

Well, I should get going for now. I keep thinking of things I should be doing. I must be nuts!

Jen
Dolphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2004, 02:17 PM   #35  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

I am sorry I missed the birthdays and anniversary that have been celebrated here. Good wishes to all, even though I am late. Things have been busy here with Mom's visit and our trip to PA for the reunion. We did talk Mom into staying another week so Ivan can get out of the way. Today has been laundry day. Never ending!
I will drop by later for some more talk.

Sue
suetalks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2004, 03:18 PM   #36  

hello ladies....nothing new here!

Jana~ I was almost done with my post and then Brandon hit the close button and it shut down windows that I had open. My SIL Wendy, tommy's oldest brother Al's wife, well she was my MIL, SIL and BIL Tim's first target! Now they have all moved on to me, and I will get the last word...last laugh! They forget how much power I have in both the time they see Brandon and if we stay in contact with them.
Old 09-13-2004, 07:53 PM   #37  

Default Hey Guys

Well, I am pretty exhausted tonight myself, so this is gonna be a quick one for me as well!!! I got my FIRM FANNY LIFTER in the mail today with the 3 workout tapes,, let me tell you, I may be paralyzed tomorrow..I thought the stepper I had was high, this thing is like 3 1/2 feet off the ground, when I step up I almost hit the ceiling, I was wiped out after a 1/2 hour of it today...But I think it'll really help me in the butt and thigh area, which is where I need all the help I can get!!!
Did very well, today started really pushing the fruit again, today for breakfast I had applesauce, grapes and a special k bar, lunch = a spinach salad and an apple , dinner = a lean cuisine meal with a salad!!! I m trying to get on a real health kick this week, cant ya tell???
Im trying to take my mind off of being discouraged...my fiance and I have been giving a lot of thought to children lately, and we kind of got news recently that his count was very low, and we may have a difficult time trying to have a child....they think it maybe a testosterone issue, but arent sure if it's correctable or not? Has anyone had any experience with this problem? I really dont know anyone whose had trouble having a child, so Im curious to get some feedback!!!
Well hope all is well with everyone else here, and I'll see ya's later
Julie
jewels2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2004, 09:12 PM   #38  
GmaTo8

Smile

Just popping in for a minute to say...

Cristi - got the birthday card today. I had no idea Mickey Mouse stamps were available! Loved it, and the stickers, too!! Thank you!
Marti - got your card, too, with the sweet message.. thanks so much, Marti!!
Angie - thanks for the postcard from Cuba! The beach looks so invititing!!

Toodles,
Old 09-13-2004, 09:16 PM   #39  

Height: 5'1"

Hello everyone.....

This one is going to be short until I get used to working again. I do have a weird shift going on right now...tomorrow I go in at 8:30-5:00 then the next two days it's 10:30-7:00 and then so on until I get to 6-2:30.

I feel tired right now as I'm not much of a morning person. So evening shift sounds great! Orientation went pretty good and the little work that I did today was easy. So far so good.

Sorry ladies...but I need to go lay down...big headache!

Promise to do individuals when I get a chance!!
Marti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2004, 09:50 PM   #40  
kitty Momo

Mickey Mouse stamps?? Would love to see those- love MM

Congrats on the job Marti- don't know if I said that already??

I feel better with Gaby home. Weekends are really hard. Life with her father turned sour and he probably won't see her for awhile. He lied twice over the weekend........makes me want to run away across state lines.....all the way to IN to Ma Jana......lol..

My mom wants me to go back to half time and spend more time with Gaby. There is a complex open now that would get me back to where the older girls are and would give me a 3 bedroom- just would be 20 hours though.......

I don't know- feel burned out with all the running around I do.......

better go..........
Mom2Gaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2004, 11:28 PM   #41  

hey ladies....nothing new here.....

just hopefully finally shaking the last of this cold. we have to run up to my parents house tomorrow. Brandon ran out of formula, and she has about 50 cans that they have been saving for us. So we are going up tomorrow with a buddy of ours. That way they can see him and then the formula will save us some money for at least a little while. We are thinking, well hoping, it will last us about a month and a half to two months.
Old 09-14-2004, 08:10 AM   #42  
GmaTo8

Smile

It's Tuesday!

Marti - hope you have a good day today. Once you get used to working like that, it will be less tiring, don't you think so? I hope you pamper yourself when you get home.

Susan - anytime you can ever get to Indiana, you're more than welcome to stay with me! I would have Gaby spoiled by the time you left, lol. Well, if you can swing it financially, why not go to part-time? And if Gaby's dad is proving to not be trustworthy, then you're right to keep her away from him, imho. Just make sure you document each incident, ok? That could be helpful if you ever need to have a record of his shenanigans.

Mindee - have a good time with your parents today. Is WIC something you would rather not pursue?

Julie - glad you're doing so well with the food and exercise! Yay for you!! I don't know a thing about low testosterone... wish I could help. Maybe some of the others know about it? But science has come a long way, and I bet there are things that can be helpful in a situation like this. I'd talk to my doc if I were you.

Laura - sorry about the gain... was it justified? If not, maybe it's just TOM coming, or you're holding water for another reason. Remember that what you weigh is NOT who you are, ok? But, still, I know how frustrating it is. (((hugs)))

Hi to Cristi, Shanna, Barb, Angie, Jen, Sue, Katiecat, Kathy and all lurkers!

Today I'm going for a mammogram and a blood test for my cholesterol. I haven't had a mammogram for 3 years, and have never had my cholesterol tested. But I decided that I better do some preventive health care. Next week I'm scheduled for a pap smear. Oh joy!

BBL,
Old 09-14-2004, 08:29 AM   #43  
self portrait

Jana: I will be praying for you today and hope the appointment goes off without a hitch. I will need to get one of those soon. I have a family history of high cholesteral, I just stopped having it check cause I didn't want to go on the meds they wanted me to. Plus I have to go early for the mammogram cause my aunt had breast cancer and my grandmama basically died from it. She had breast cancer first, double masectomy, then she got gall bladder cancer, went diabetic and then she got pancreatic cancer, which has no cure. Plus two of one of my other aunts found lumps, all benign and so did my mom. So I will be thinking of ya today and treat those gals nice when ya get home for the torture they have to put up with today. (((((HUgs))))) to you missy.
Later all the rest, not time for more , got to get home to sleep.:-)
SqueakMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2004, 09:58 AM   #44  

Height: 5'1"

Good morning ladies--

Jana--Oh it should be much easier once I get on my shift. I'm not much of a morning person and the evening shift is perfect. Or at least I hope! Thursday & Friday I won't have to go in until 10:30. Finding a parking spot at that time will be H***! Knowing I'm paying $3.50 to park (a day!) is really getting to me!! Hope your appointments go well today. Never had a mammogram...but almost had to. Found a lump years ago, but they finally determined it wasn't cancerous! My thoughts are with you.

Cristi--What is the difference between carefree roses and others? I was going to ask about that early...and you may have already told me....but I could use a refresher! As for wasp, bee's, & all those stinger bugs...I hate them. When I was in highschool I was helping landscape for a Church group.....we all had Sicles (sp?) to cut down tall grass....me and this guy were next to each other yappin when he swung...and I got stung by a bee...right on the lower eye lid. Well he thought he hit me! But couldn't help me since I was running around like an idiot.....eventually HE quit crying after he realized I just got stung. Memories.......

Julie--Burger Kind is evil....and so is McDonalds! Which is where James & I went to the other night......was NOT good. Told James NO MORE FAT FOODS!! (no typo there...it does say FAT) We live just blocks away from Burger King, Carls Jr., McDonalds, KFC....all the bad fast food chains!! As for the testosterone.......haven't had any issues with that....sorry. I hope you two become w/child soon if that is what you're wanting!!

Laura--Don't worry about the pound. Take a look at the foods your eating...maybe your eating a lot of foods that contain lots of sodium? When I do....you can almost see my face and body swelling! And it does make a difference on the scale. You'll be fine!! Don't worry.

Mindee--In-laws.....I never had any issues with my IL's. Maybe some before my ex and I got married....and that's a long story. Very messed up. But once I got married they were sweet...and even better when I left!

Jen--Sounds like you made the right choice about work. I'm glad you did what you felt was best!

Susan--Oh I hope you start to feeling better. Would part time be doable for you? I hate to hear that your missing your babies so much. Someday soon Shanna and I will have to visit Portland and go have coffee with you. Do some girl chat!

Shanna--You need medication for your cholesterol and don't take it???? You better be doing what you should be doing.....that's not something to take lightly. So get your butt back in and have it checked and if you need meds.....then you ought to take them.

Morning to the rest...hope I didn't miss anyone....I need to get ready for work....so I will check in later!
Marti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2004, 10:53 AM   #45  
a work in progress

Default Don't know how to start a new thread!

Since this is post #49, I know that it will probably be one of the last ones...

HAPPY BELATED B-DAY, ANGIE AND JANA!!!

and

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY JANA AND NEAL!!!

Good luck on your dr appt today, Jana -- I hope it's boring, routine, same ol' same ol' -- except I hope your Dr. realizes how hard you've been working to lose all that weight! I bet your cholesterol test will come back great

Congrats again on your new job, Marti -- orientation can be a bit...disorienting, I think It will be better when you get settled in on your regular shift.

Laura, nice to see you posting here, and yes, I sometimes feel like I wanna take a walk and just keep on walking. Or take a plane to Costa Rica and stay there. Hang in there, and if you get discouraged, this is a good place to be. I've never found a more supportive, positive group.

Hi to everyone else...I gotta run to work, as usual. Take care, I'll pop in again as soon as I can...

Gotta fly --

Katiecat
Katiecat is offline   Reply With Quote