Old 06-21-2004, 09:38 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 187/185/140

Height: 5'9

Default Scale Addicts Anonymous #9

Here we go ladies! Monday and a new Thread! Weather is gorgeous. I'm on my way out to get breaky and laundry. Ebf couldn't sleep at his own place last nite and showed up here at 1am asking to sleep on the couch cuz it was too quiet and lonely at his place. So I let him. It's gonna suck to be him when the time comes that I say no.

Have a great day ladies!
Hotsplashes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2004, 10:19 AM   #2  
One step at a time...

S/C/G: 236/236/166

HS - That time should have already come! Don't let him weasel his way back in... He didn't want to be with you anymore, so he shouldn't be able to come to you when he can't sleep... Maybe he should get a puppy and leave you be already!
JEO1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2004, 05:46 AM   #3  
Confirmed Scales Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEO1982
HS - That time should have already come! Don't let him weasel his way back in... He didn't want to be with you anymore, so he shouldn't be able to come to you when he can't sleep... Maybe he should get a puppy and leave you be already!

I'll second that Jenn....What a pitiful excuse, "it's too quiet and he's lonely"...tell him to get himself a radio, it's great for company late at night, also a night light, just in case he's afraid of the dark!!! You've moved on HS - don't let him slow you down, you've got a fantastic job, your scales are being kind to you, you have great friends...you really don't need to start carrying around extra weight again!!

Anyway how are you all??? I'm trying really hard to get on here everyday, but the sun is shinning, i'm working or busy with mummy stuff and then when the kids are home, both pc's are working flat out as i have two DD's revising for exams on them!! so i'll do my best!

Weight about the same, TOM is due so i'm doing ok really, if only i could find that little bit of extra determination i'd drop that last couple of pounds, but it's really hard, summer is great for eating, i'm bieng invited to BBQ's / garden lunches and while most of them are quiet healthy others are not so. I went to DH work collegues house at the weekend and was confronted with a table FULL of processed / ready made food, it was all a nightmare...I ate as little as possible then had a healthy supper when i got home! In contrast i had lunch at a friends house yesterday and it was supper healthy and very yummy, with freshly picked raspberry's for dessert.. But what i'm trying to say is...summer time is for foodies, there is so much fresh produce around it's a shame not to eat it ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Where is everyone??? All out sunning themselves no doubt!!

See ya!
Tulip-Fairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2004, 01:49 PM   #4  
Student of the Hoof

Hey ladies . . .

It's me again.

I was under way too much pressure from the four-legged side of my life, and things kind of fell apart with the working out and food thing. *sigh*

But I've found a new place to keep my horses - a HUGE stress relief - it's less than 5 minutes from my house. Shadow is finally resolving all her lameness issues, the supplements are kicking in and easing the spavins stuff, and she's blown two abscesses - one of which was so bad it took off a huge chunk of hoof wall with it. The other one cracked her heel and caused a large hole in the frog. No wonder the poor darlin' was so freaking sore. So now she and Eve are sporting classy new shoes on front to help them get through till the new stronger hoof growth comes in. We'll be moving the horses on the 1st, and we are all anxious and excited. It's a great new facility, and the barn is brand new - actually not even completely finished yet. Wee!

Artemis the wonder-destructo-foster pup has found a wonderful new home and they took her sister Tippy too. Another huge stress relief item. No more glaring, accusatory looks from the BF, no more destroyed mystery items, no more messes on the carpet. She'd gotten better, but it was still questionable.

I can start getting my routine back.

HS - Hm. It appears I missed a few episodes of "As Hotsplashes' Life Turns." Sounds like you've been doing some housecleaning, eh?? Good for you, girl. And yeah.. I would say you really don't need him wandering back sleeping on your couch. He's a big boy, tell him to grow up. Er, just my .02 worth.

Tulip - I can relate with having a hard time getting online. The only time I really can is at work because if I'm at home - well, I'm not usually at home, I'm at the stables. No computer there.

Jenn - Poor puppy!!!

Tonight I stop at Walmart and get myself a new pair of headphones (Artemis destroyed the last two pair) and hit the treadmill tomorrow. Hopefully this time I'll be able to get back on track again.
RavenToy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2004, 03:22 PM   #5  
One step at a time...

Sorry that your horses have been sick, but am very glad to hear that are recovering!

Sorry I should have said radio myself... I didn't even think about the puppy being annoyed by him You are right, poor puppy!
Old 06-24-2004, 09:28 AM   #6  
Confirmed Scales Addict

just popping in, to say hello!

HELLO!
Old 06-24-2004, 10:58 AM   #7  
47 pounds gone!!

Hey Everyone! Life has been really busy for me lately. I went down to Gulf Shores, AL to pick my daughter up on Thursday (she stayed with my MIL for 2 weeks) but didn't return until the night before last Reason being is because my mother-in-law (to whom I am very close to) had a seizure/stroke. She actually died and they had to bring her back to life. We needed to stay a few more days. We were supposed to come back on Sunday but that is when it happened.... on our way back home. We had to turn around and go back. She is fine now though.. They're running some tests to find out what happened and we will know more about what happened later on I guess. So if you guys would keep her and our family in your prayers it would be greatly appreciated.

BUT when I was down there, I ate like crazy.. totally went off my diet. I guess it's to be expected when you jump out of your routine. The funny thing is... I stepped on the scales this morning and I lost a pound. LOL After all that eating. I'm down to 140 now.. Of course I'm back on the wagon and I'm hoping to see some more loss in the next few weeks. Only 10 more pounds to go until I get to my goal weight!!!!

Raven-- I'm happy that you are receiving some weight lifters in your life. Feels good don't it? Sorry your horsies were sick though I can definitely understand about destructable puppies too.. ugh! It can be so frustrating.

Hope everyone is doing good. I have to go to work now.. although I really don't feel like it. It's been non stop for about a week now.. I just need a breather. *sigh*

TTFN!
Shelley0574 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2004, 06:43 AM   #8  

Morning everyone! Sorry to have been gone so long. Puter went down...exbf is having emotional issues and still showing up on my doorstep. But the issues are resolving themselves. I'm still sitting 169(haven't stepped on the scales yet this AM) am eating well, working lots.

To everyone out there..Hope all is going well...hope all children and pets and other family members are well. Raven...ewwww shoeing bills! YAYYYy on the new place!

Take care Tulip, Jenn, Shelley, Raven, And everyone else! See everyone tomorrow!
Old 06-25-2004, 10:14 AM   #9  
One step at a time...

Default Good morning all!

And a good morning it truly is! I went to the gym bright and early and actually almost forgot to weight myself, do you believe that? I'm glad I didn't forget though....

I weighed in at (drumroll please...) 190.0!!!! That means I broke the 30# mark!!! Do y'all believe that? This is so exciting! It was just the pick-up I needed to get me through the wedding I have to (and REALLY don't want to) go to this weekend.... I KNOW I will look better than his ex and his attention will be on me.... Maybe I'll even get attention from others so he'll know what a good thing he's got! LMAO I am SOOOO kidding, I'm the one with the good thing, and I know it too!

I'll stop babbling now... Have a great day ladies!!!!
Old 06-25-2004, 11:09 PM   #10  
47 pounds gone!!

Alright Jenn!!! WTG!!! I am so proud of you! You're doing excellent! Keep up the awesome work!

HS -- Sorry bout your puter and your exbf... Hope everything gets resolved soon! It's good to see you though. We miss seeing your posts!

I stepped on the scales this morning too.. I sure hope they're right cuz it said 139.. I about died! I'm finally away from 140 something. Today, my hubby asked me where my butt went.. ROFL. It made me feel good though I sure hope I'm not loosing weight too fast though. Since I started back on my diet back in March.. I've lost 18 pounds. Is that too much in 3 1/2 months??

Found out some news about my MIL... turns out the seizure was caused by an arthritus medication she was taking. It was one of the side effects. Needless to say she's not taking that anymore. I'm just glad it wasn't a brain tumor or something more serious!

I'll probably be real busy over the weekend so I'll just wish everyone a happy weekend and I'll catch up with yall on Monday

Take care all...
Shelley0574 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2004, 01:54 PM   #11  

Howdie Everyone!

Shelley! Glad to hear about MiL! Meds can do strange things. I used to take meds for my vertigo...used to make me feel like my fireants were biting my face...wanted to rip my skin off! Stopped that stuff right quick. HOpe MiL is much better! ANd congrats on getting out of the 140s! 18lbs in 3.5 months is very good. That's just over a pound a week. VERY GOOD!!! COngrats!!!

JENN!!! YAYYYYYYY!!!!!!!! So proud of youuuuuuuuu!!!!!!!! Now I can be the cheerleader!!!! YAY JENN...YAY Jenn gooooooOOOOOOOOOO JENN!!!!!!!!!!!! I guess I better get off my BOB(Big Ole BUtt) and get moving! I got some serious catching up to do with you and Shelley! Oh Boy!!!

Well folks..am off to do chores and errands...take care and I'll see everyone tomorrow!
Old 06-27-2004, 11:22 AM   #12  

Just a quick Hello ladies! Had a stressful evening. Xbf never came to get more of his stuff. And I found out he busted my stereo by trying to stick 4 cds in a 3cd player. So now I have no stereo. So of course I stress ate...then stressed all nite cuz he always complained how he always wanted his nice stuff taken care of...yet all my stuff gets broken somehow...go figger...ok getting stressed again. Tis sunny and beautiful here. wish I didn't have to go to work. Would rather be riding!!!

See everyone later! Good thing is...all the stress made me do a housecleaning frenzy!lol
Old 06-27-2004, 03:36 PM   #13  
Confirmed Scales Addict

Hi all,
Thought i'd pop in and make my post a little bit longer than last time!! lol

I didn't have much time to post last time coz we had a bit of an emergency on...nothing, thankfully like yours Shelley...DH had to delivery a piece of machinary to Ireland, i had to organise the ferry / hotels etc and as a reward i was allowed to accomany him!!! Although i don't get paid as his secretary...i am offically so some times i get good perks!!! Yeh, i've just spent a very pleasant weekend in the old emerald isles...I've never been before, but it was only a 3 hour drive to the ferry port and then a 4 hour crossing! The sun shone, and the people were so freindly! Hotel was very elegant and the restaurant food was to die for (whoops the diet went out on the window!!)

Congrats to shelly and Jenn for lowering those numbers...mine are still the same...I really need to do somthing to getting them moving again!

Well, so much for a long post..DD is bugging to get on here to look at something for her homework!!

Enjoy the rest of hte weekend and see you all on Monday!
Tulip
Old 06-28-2004, 07:53 PM   #14  

Well...been sick off and on all weekend...don't know what...but I feel alot lighter. Won't get on the scales till tomorrow...Weather is icky...rain and humid..but bearably cool. Tulip you are sooo lucky to go on that trip! and to get such nice weather too! My friend goes every year and says more rain than not when she goes! Lucky YOU!!

Shelley and Jenn...wherrrrree arrrrrreyouuuuuuuuuuu???LOL I guess we've lost Grassie to greener hopping pastures. Hope all is well with her.

Talk to everyone tomorrow...
Old 06-29-2004, 08:10 PM   #15  
One step at a time...

Red face Here I am!

Sorry about being MIA... I had a busy weekend.. went to a wedding on Saturday...Then to get Tim's birthday present on Sunday morning, which I gave to him already ... followed by my niece's first birthday at the Pawtucket Red Sox game...rounded out with a long trip to the grocery store Then yesterday and today I was just lazy and had a one track mind....

I found this condo for Tim to look at... it is actually affordable and looks great by the ad, so I have been trying to get more info and such, and set up a viewing for Friday... I'm so excited for him... I hope this goes well

Thanks to everyone one for the cheering! It feels good to read the happy support!

Tulip, I'm sooo jealous that you got to spend the weekend in Ireland! I have always wanted to go there! Actually, Tim's birthday present was a gold claddaugh ring ...sort of my way of sharing my heritage with him and of letting the rest of the world know he is taken!

HS - You left us in limbo... what did the scales say??? Were they good to you this week???