Old 08-01-2004, 07:58 PM   #1  
Bound and Determined

S/C/G: 268/268/150

Height: 5'10"

Arrow Motivationally Challenged

Here's the deal: month-long challenges and long-term goals are all well and good, but some of us have a hard time making it through a week or even a day without our motivation sagging. Don't you wish you could maintain the level of motivation you had the very first day of your new healthy lifestyle? I sure do!

So here's what we're going to do. Every day is a chance to meet our goals!Each week is a new chance to be healthy! If you can make it through this one single day on track you are doing great!

Each day offers so many opportunities to make the right choices, whether it be in regards to exercise, water, calories, carbs, or anything else. Whatever it is you're working on, you can do it for one single day. Tomorrow is another day. We'll worry about tomorrow tomorrow. Today we can achieve our goals!

But days add up, and before you know it you have a whole string of OP days without even trying!

So the whole point of this thread is to take things one day at a time. One tiny little thing at a time, because we know we can do tiny little things. Let's work together to keep each other motivated! We'd love to have you with us as long as you want to be here, whether you're in need of a permanent kick in the behind or just a little motivation pick-me-up.

I'm going to attempt to post either a daily or weekly challenge regularly. Participate if you want, or set daily or weekly goals for yourself, then let us know how you're doing! They can be anything--exercising 30 minutes or stocking up on healthy foods at the grocery store or even finally sorting that stack of old mail! The main thing is accountability--let us know what you're aiming for and whether or not you hit your mark. Whatever you need motivation for, we're here to help each other!

I will also try to post some sort of motivational quote daily. If you have one, PM me or feel free to post it yourself. We need all the motivation we can get!

Please introduce yourselves if you'd like , or just lurk around collecting inspiration.

That said, LET THE MOTIVATION BEGIN!!!!!
miss_elisha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2004, 08:32 PM   #2  
motomom

S/C/G: 199/182/164

Height: 5'2"

Default Count me in!

I am here! I didn't reach my mini goal for the day (hiking at the park) but I DID manage to get in about 1.75 miles walking in 2 settings, but hey, I got in the miles. I'm adding them to my July totals because technically my weigh in date is Tuesday so I am going through Tuesday with weight and food and exercise! Make sense? Hope so!

So...Tuesday mini goal: 30 minutes aerobics (bike or WATP-depending on what I feel like in the morning!

Weekly goals:
1) Follow menu plan Mon. through Thursday. After Thursday I will be out of town for 3 days and I will try to pick food choices that are healthy ones.
2) Work out 4 days (30 minutes each) and one other day get some activity in pool with DD and/or other activity during my weekend away (Fri. Sat. Sun.)!
3) Drink 60-80 oz. water daily!
4) Journal my food for the day in the Journals here on 3FC.

That's it. Hope to see lots of people here on Monday AM!!!!

Julie
hikein2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2004, 10:25 PM   #3  
Bound and Determined

Evening ladies!

Motivation level: 6

Today was on off-day for me, as far as exercise goes. Calories came in at 1467, so I'm right on target there. Water is good. I'm really tired.

The date last night was ok. I don't think I'll be seeing him anymore. The first few times we went out, we didn't really know each other, so we had lots to talk about. Last night he was just plain boring. (Is that cruel?) I dunno... I just feel like I need someone I can actually have a conversation with about nothing in particular instead of long awkward silences where neither of us can think of anything to say.
There's more to it than that, of course. Either you click or you don't, I guess. I just wish I could find someone to click with. *shrugs*

Anyway, today was ok. I have more to say on the dating/dieting issue, but I'm not sure this is the place, so I'm actually going to post a journal entry tonight. I'll post a weekly challenge and a quote in the morning. Oh, btw, you might notice some repeat quotes, if we get some new traffic here, but only the really good ones. I'm still searching for more quotes... I'm too picky!

Anyway... off to journal!
Have a lovely night, chicks!
~Elisha
Old 08-02-2004, 07:22 AM   #4  
motomom

S/C/G: 199/182/164

Height: 5'2"

Default Monday Morning!

Well I've gotten part of my day's goals in already. Walked 2 miles in just over 30 minutes this AM with my WATP. I'm wearing my new shoes to break them in but my feet get so hot in them. Maybe I should save them for winter wear! Also, my toes kind of feel "squished" in them! Hmmm! Anyone else have Teva's walking shoes?

Elisha..Sorry about the dating thing. I know that you will find someone who is just "perfect" for you. I don't know how old you are, but I have a friend who didn't just "settle" and she's 35 (I think) and just announced that she is engaged! She's very happy and happy that she didn't just settle! You will find the right person when you aren't paying attention to it! I can understand how hard it must be. I remember those days, too! I haven't read your post yet, but I'm going there now!

Send good vibes my way for a good "food" day! Hugs to all!
hikein2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2004, 08:35 AM   #5  
Bound and Determined

Exclamation Motivation Quote of the Day

Action is a great restorer and builder of confidence. Inaction is not only the result, but the cause of fear. Perhaps the action you take will be successful; perhaps different action or adjustments will have to follow. But any action is better than no action at all. --Norman Vincent Peale
Old 08-02-2004, 08:44 AM   #6  
Bound and Determined

Morning chicks!

Motivation level: 5

Not too good, not too bad. I got up early this morning so I could get my exercise in, since I have to work late tonight. I'm going to go walk our hill in just a few minutes. I don't even feel like looking at the stairclimber right now.

I got on the scale this morning and it says 205. It hasn't budged in weeks (aside from the normal slight fluctuations, which don't really count). What am I doing wrong? I'd really hate to plateau at 205... why can't it be 199? I got more exercise this week than I have in months, and my calories were pretty typical, so the scale should be moving in the right direction. I'm chalking it up to PMS, saying that next week I will be down 2 or 3 pounds. It's just frustrating.

Oh, I forgot to tell you! (Well, I didn't really forget, but my computer froze after I typed a really long post last night and I just didn't feel like fighting with it anymore.)
In July I lost 4 pounds and 6 inches. The inches are good, but only 4 pounds? In May I lost 7, and in June I lost 11, and then only 4 in July? What's up with that?

But I guess 4 pounds is 4 pounds, and they're not coming back. Better than nothing. I was just so hoping to get below 200 by August 1, and now that I'm not it's a little upsetting. I know, it will happen in its own good time. Just like everything, right? I just really want to be there before Labor Day, but the sooner the better. I'm getting so anxious.

I'll check back in after work and let you know how my day turns out. Have a wonderful Monday everyone!
~Elisha
Old 08-02-2004, 08:49 AM   #7  
Bound and Determined

Arrow The Motivation Challenge

Weekly Challenge: 4-5 days of whatever your chosen exercise, at least 20 minutes

Daily Challenge: Drink at least 80 ounces of water

Remember, report back and let us know how you're doing!
Old 08-02-2004, 09:14 AM   #8  

20 min for 4-5days and 80 oz of water....I think I can handle that! count me in! I am going to go fill my water bottle now!....my motivation is always a 10 on Monday and a 2 by Friday I need to break this cycle! Thanks!
KidzRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2004, 11:55 AM   #9  

Height: 5 foot

HI everyone! I'm here!!!! Count me IN!!! Of course not until tomorrow.... Today is a feel sorry for myself, I don't care about anything day... I still have major PMS, I hate MEN, I have the worst Migraine ever.... and I just want to lay down and eat all day.. Hey.. I can't gain from one day can I?!? And if I do... so what! Hey.. I'm saying this in a good mood instead of bad.. I'm actually motivated to cheat for once... and give in to my cravings... I know it won't make me feel any better, but here's to proving it to myself!!! Check back in later!!!
Jaymi_Dol_78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2004, 10:21 PM   #10  
Bound and Determined

Evening ladies!

Today was a good day for me. Exercise was a 20-minute walk this morning. I'm working on my final 16-ounce glass of water (final to make my 80 oz, but I'll probably drink more anyway). Calories are at 1296, but I think I might eat something else. PMS is giving me terrible munchies! And my healthy foods aren't helping--I want Doritos, not rice cakes!

Jaymi--Glad you made it! We all have days like that. Thank you Mother Nature, eh?

KidzRN--Welcome to the group! Good luck on achieving your goals, and I hope we hear more from you!

Julie--I'm 24, and I'm not planning to settle any time soon. I'll just continue renting this property in Dating **** until Mr. Wonderful flies down to sweep me off my feet.
Thanks for being here for me! ((((((Julie))))))

Anyway, I'm dead tired this evening, so I'm going to put on a movie and do absolutely nothing. Tomorrow is my happy day off!!! I'm going to clean the kitchen, and maybe even my desks, and wash my car, and study for my training class on Wednesday, and that's about it. I'll post a new daily challenge and the new quote in the morning, but it probably won't be early. Stay motivated anyway!

Have a great night, chicks!
~Elisha
Old 08-02-2004, 11:54 PM   #11  

Hi all! Well I'm still motivationally challenged but count me in over here too! I have decided to start the South Beach Diet. I really need to do something to jump start myself again. Tomorrow will be my first offiicial full day. So to quote Elisha, " Each day offers so many opportunities to make the right choices, whether it be in regards to exercise, water, calories, carbs, or anything else. Whatever it is you're working on, you can do it for one single day. Tomorrow is another day. We'll worry about tomorrow tomorrow. Today we can achieve our goals!"

That being the case, I only have a one day challenge, for Tuesday, August 3rd. To have one full day OP. I'll worry about Wednesday when Wednesday gets here, right Elisha? I am a little concerned, however, about my incredible sweet tooth. I've read that I can have sugar free fudgesicles and I forgot to get them when I was low-carb grocery shopping tonight. Argh! That means another trip to the store tomorrow. I am stocking up on OP foods so that I have no excuses at all! I promise to check in every day. I have been a little laxed lately about posting and I know I need the accountability. If anyone is doing SB please let me know. I plan to go over to that thread next. If I can just make it one day, that Labor Day Challenge may start to look a little more realistic for me again. We'll see. I'll let you all know tomorrow!
tens4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2004, 09:04 AM   #12  

good grief...yesterday I had the motivation to join the thread but ate 1700 cal did not exercise and only had 64 oz of water..(I covered a nurse that has a sit down job...the worst!)..today I have to work overtime and will try to walk at lunch and WILL get the water in ....funny how the day slips by and all of a sudden I was in the tub soaking with my motivation at an all time low...I did eat well with in the calories and did try to get more water in ...I just hit the wall and could not swallow another oz!!!! ...today is Tuesday another day!....
KidzRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2004, 09:10 AM   #13  

Height: 5 foot

Hello everyone… Today sucks… I’m tired of being in a bad mood! I’m tired of everyday having something negative to say. I’M TIRED OF THIS STUPID AOL THAT KEEPS CUTTING OFF WHILE I’M TRYING TO TYPE!!! *sigh* I hate it when I get like this.. But what can I do? Pretend to be happy, pretend that nothing is wrong… I’m tired of pretending. What is the freakin’ point! Who am I trying to fool.. Myself?!? I don’t know…. But I don’t want to bring others down with this nonsense. Yesterday was everything I said it would be. I ate a Quarter Pounder with cheese, some fries, some REAL soda, some skittles, ice-cream. And I ate a big plate of the chicken, okra, rice, and corn. No exercise…. But it didn’t make me feel better. Today I feel even worse. Although I figured I would! Plus that stupid Tropical Storm Alex isn’t helping! The weather sucks!!! I need to go pick the baby up some pampers.. But the weather is just too horrible! I guess I’ll end up getting her the cheap kind.. Which I hate!! My son could wear the cheap kinds.. No problem. But not my daughter. She pee’s through everything!!!! Except Huggies over nights.. Which is hard to find in a size 5! She needs to be off of pampers.. And bottles… but right now… I don’t need the added stress to have to deal with more and more crying… Especially since she knows how to say she wants a bottle.. I wouldn’t be able to ignore her like that… I know.. I suck.. I’m a soft-touch. I spoil my kids…and let them have their way.. But what can I say… as long as I get on them when they do bad things… it’s ok… to me at least! Anyways… I haven’t exercised yet today…. But I will later. When it’s the baby’s nappy time. I just plan on doing some more cleaning up …. As usual… and sitting around I guess. Cant go anywhere in the rain… The beach would have been really relaxing.. Or the pool… but I don’t feel like getting struck by lightening today!!! So… that is basically it for me. I hope everyone has a great day!

P.S. I still havent figured out what goals I want to do... I can't even do the simple things like exercising.. So today I'm going to write it all down and figure it out.. then I will come and post it! Good luck to everyone!
Jaymi_Dol_78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2004, 11:58 AM   #14  
Bound and Determined

Exclamation Motivational Quote of the Day

Meaningful change comes from recommitting yourself daily to your chosen path!
--from the ediets.com article Jaymi linked to the Labor Day Challenge board yesterday

It sounds like a lot of us could use this quote today. Remember, that's what this thread is all about, and this journey. It's about making the choice every single day to be healthy and happy. One day off track probably won't make that much of a difference, but remind yourself each day (or every few minutes if you have to) why you're doing this, why you're getting healthier. You do have reasons, and VERY GOOD reasons at that!
Old 08-03-2004, 12:01 PM   #15  
Bound and Determined

Arrow The Motivation Challenge

Weekly Challenge: 4-5 days of whatever your chosen exercise, at least 20 minutes

Daily Challenge: add one fruit or vegetable to your menu

Daily Question (yes, I know this is a new one--you can all thank Julie for this! ) : What are your top 3 (or 5, or 10, or however many you want to list) reasons for losing weight?