Old 08-26-2004, 04:38 AM   #1  

Default Time For Serious Fun #81

TIME FOR SERIOUS FUN

We are a thread dedicated to making losing weight a pleasant experience. We laugh, cry and talk together. We have challenges, points for staying on program, drinking our water, and exercising. We have a daily topic to join in. Our only focus is to help us realize that dieting and all that goes with it need not be unpleasant, but can be fun. Come join the fun here at Time for Serious Fun! Everyone is Welcome!

TOPICS:

Monday: Mission Monday New mission each week
Tuesday: Target Tuesday We target something to work on
Wednesday: Wednesday's Woes Our day to complain about anything and everything
Thursday: Time for Us Thursday The day set aside to pamper us!
Friday: Fabulous Lbs Down Friday. Report our losses!
Saturday: Sunny Thoughts Saturday We share stories and jokes to help us smile
Sunday: Silly Poll Sunday A new poll to give your thoughts to every week

POINTS VALUES:

STAYING ON PROGRAM IS 2 POINTS
DRINKING YOUR WATER IS 1 POINT
EXERCISING IS 1 POINT

POSTING A WTG: A WTG IS WHEN SOMETHING NON WEIGHT LOSS HAPPENS TO YOU LIKE A NEW DRESS IN A SMALLER SIZE. TO POST A WTG, USE ALL CAPS AND POST IT IN PINK. FOR EXAMPLE: WTG: I rode my bike 2 miles instead of one today.

SECOND QUARTER CHALLENGE MAY 1-SEPT 1. THE MOST LBS LOST WILL WIN A $30 VISA GIFT CARD! ONLY THOSE WHO ARE MEMBERS AS OF THE START OF THE QUARTER ARE ELIGIBLE FOR THE PRIZE, NEWBIES, ARE ELIGIBLE THE NEXT QUARTER THOUGH ALL MAY JOIN THE CHALLENGE!
gma22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2004, 04:42 AM   #2  

THURSDAY: Today is Time For Us Thurasday. Take a little time just for you today.

Julie
Carri (giving you the benefit of the doubt!)

I am still not over whatever this is. I am exhausted having had very little sleep. I just want to fall into bed and snooze away but don't know if that will happen. I have such a headache with this and body aches but guess it will pass in time. Dr said nothing to worry about but if I am not better by tomorrow it is back to the dr for me I think.

All you ladies have a great day

Faye
Old 08-26-2004, 08:08 AM   #3  

Good Morning Ladies!

Where the heck is everyone? It's gotten so quiet here.....

I got another 4 pointer yesterday.....2 for the week so far.

Faye, here's a little tip that my mom taught me long ago..... 4:30 in the morning is time for SLEEPING!!! NOT typing!! Get some rest!

Well, guess I'll check back later when everyone is awake.

Julie
Mirabelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2004, 12:20 PM   #4  

Well, sleeping was kind of a bust. I am not doing the fluish stuff but feel totally drug out. I forced myself to go to the pool and workout today and I am glad I did even though I feel kind of wasted. I can't stand being sick and not being able to accomplish anything!

FYI: Ummmm, we have exactly 6 days and the challenge is up. We did lousy this quarter girls, especially me! I am hoping our next quarter we do much much better. I need your stats by Tues (31st) at the latest as far as your weight to end the challenge and begin the next one. Let's make a better effort the third challenge or I may not do it any longer. The purpose was to spur you on, but it doesn't seem to be working with us so feel free to give me your input about it.

I need to go an lay down for awhile as I am pooped!

Faye
Old 08-27-2004, 06:16 AM   #5  

FRIDAY: Today is Fabulous Lbs Down Friday. Who can post a loss this week?

I will check in later girls!

Faye
Old 08-27-2004, 09:16 AM   #6  

Good Morning everyone..........everyone? Where is everyone?

3 points yesterday no exercise other than helping dh put the tent poles up in the attic.
BUT.......drumroll please...............

I lost 4 pounds this week!!!!!! I can't even remember the last time I could post a loss on a Friday morning. I have no idea how or why, really. I don't think I did anything different. All the exercise over vacation might have boosted my metabolism some.

Ooooohhh, wait a minute...I cooked 3 crockpot dinners this week. I'm notorious for snacking and tasting while I'm cooking dinner....but since I put the stuff in the crockpot in the morning, I don't snack cuz I only eat breakfast-y food in the mornings. Plus I made really low calorie meals in the crockpot too. I'll bet that's what did it! Woo HOOOOOO.............

So anyway, I'm down to 204....which is the lowest I've been yet. I was 208 when I weighed after vacation. I so hope I can keep this momentum going.

Can't wait to hear about everyone else's losses this week.........Carrie, Amanda, MsCat, Cat90, Susan, come back lovelies.............

Later babes,
Julie
Old 08-27-2004, 09:18 AM   #7  
It is what it is...

Hello all, I was off from work yesterday so did not post, I had a 4 point day as I worked my butt off on that house all day!!!

And....I was down another pound this a.m. to 190! woo hoo, 180's I am coming for you!!!

Faye - I am sure you will feel better soon, that same thing is going around here, in fact my dh had it a couple of weeks ago but I did not get it, knock on wood ....

I cannot stay on long, gotta go to a class for work, talk later!!!
Satine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2004, 12:40 PM   #8  

Boy I feel like a limp dishrag. I couldn't sleep again last night and didn't get into bed until 1 am and was awake at3 and 4. There is not much I can do except I might take a couple sleeping pills tonight to see if I can catch up on my sleep. Getting old is seriously the pits!

Julie
Carri

LBS DOWN THIS WEEK:

Julie Wonderful job girl!
Carri Weigh to go!

Julie what is the name of that crockpot cookbook again? I may have to check that out.

Everyone have a super day and a great weekend!

**Susan, MsCat, Amanda, Cat and you other absent ones, we miss you!

Faye
Old 08-27-2004, 12:54 PM   #9  

Hi there,
The cookbook is called "Fix It and Forget It Lightly" which is the second book after "fix it and forget it". At first I figured there isn't a recipe in the first book that I couldn't get on the internet. But I'm a cookbook junkie.....and the lighter version has really different recipes, some of which only have like 150 calories per serving!

I'm finding that using the crockpot also limits how much food I can make at one time, which has helped me with portion sizes. I have a separate cooking insert with a divider, so I can cook 2 different things at the same time....but that means that I can't cook alot of food. This is an interesting weight loss tool. Plus, I don't have to worry what's for dinner around 4 pm every evening either!

Carrie, WOO HOOOO on your pound down! I'm so jealous that you're almost in the 180's. If I had been more diligent, I could be there now too......Oh well, I'll just keep plugging away and get there eventually.

Later Babes,
Julie
Old 08-27-2004, 12:54 PM   #10  
It is what it is...

Just a pop in to say " WTG Julie!!!!!" .... what a great job!! How good you must feel... see you can do it!!!! CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-27-2004, 03:56 PM   #11  
It is what it is...

Well I cannot believe that no one has posted since I did last ...

I just wanted to check back in to say "have a good weekend" everyone and I will talk to you on Monday unless I get to check in over the weekend, but I doubt it as this weekend is going to be very, very busy...dh's 80 year old grandma is getting married tomorrow, a full out wedding!!! I do not even think I have anything to wear...but anyway...talk to you all later!!

Hope you get feeling better over the weekend Faye!!!
Old 08-27-2004, 07:45 PM   #12  
2006 - Panda Remix

Hi Girls,

Sorry I've been MIA AGAIN - things have been a bit I was doing alright and then I let Nigel loose in the supermarket on his own and he came back with 1kg (yes, I did say 1kg!!) of full fat gorgeous mature cheddar cheese!! Aaah! Now as you know I cannot resist cheese at any time, but during my PMS? So I am sorry to report that I have gone way off track again. I feel utterly annoyed with myself about it - I can't chuck it out because Nigel would be really cross, but I am having such touble keeping away from it.Nigel keeps telling me off for eating it - he was hoping it would last for a couple of weeks but I've already eaten half of it - thats half a kilo! I feel so ashamed of myself -It is so stupid - my willpower is just zero!

I suppose it is not the end of the world - I just need to get back on track and move forward. Everything seems worse when I've got PMS!!

JULIE - Big woo - hoo for you girlie! I am so pleased for you! 4lb is great - hey maybe it marks the end of your plateau!

CARRI - Another pound down? That is so great - now you can move onto kicking the 180's in the butt!

FAYE - So sorry you are still ill. I hope you are feeling better real soon!

I'll try to do better!

Have a good weekend!

Love Amanda x
Amanda Panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2004, 07:14 AM   #13  

SATURDAY: Today is Sunny Thoughts Saturday! Share with us, won't you?

My sunny thought is I feel great. I had a full night's sleep and the virus is gone, yeahhhhhh!

Amanda: Ok, here is what I would suggest. Cut the darn thing up into small pieces to store, show Nigel how many pieces remain, then store it in you veggie bin or whatever. Maybe the fact he knows how much is totall left, you will feel embarrassed taking chunks out since he knows how many there are versus one big hunk where you can take bits off at a time. I know you are a cheese lover and this is tough, but BEG your guy not to do this again and tough it up sweety tough it up!

All seems right with the world for at least today!

Faye
Old 08-28-2004, 08:47 AM   #14  

Good Morning everyone!

2 points yesterday.....for eating. I seem to be in a "limbo" week. Vacation is over, aerobics classes are over, but school doesn't start for the kids until next week. So I'm sorta floatin' through the days, getting some sewing done for a big dance seminar/show we have over Labor day weekend.

My sunny thought is that next week I begin a whole new phase of my life.........ALL OF MY KIDS WILL BE IN SCHOOL. Ben will be in Kindergarten only in the mornings, but I have 2.5 hours to myself in the morning! I've already promised myself that I will spend that time writing my novel. But I also have to make a plan for exercising on the days that I'm not dancing. I know that if I don't do it first thing in the morning, it probably won't get done. So, I'm thinking I'll get my workout in before the kids get up and then have my whole morning to write. I hope I can stay disciplined enough to do this and not just goof off every morning.

Amanda, I agree with Faye. Smaller pieces give you a better idea of how much you're eating and make it easier to decide if it's "worth it". Especially with cheese, label how many calories or points each piece has right on the baggie. For me a 1 inch bit of cheese just is NOT WORTH the 300 or so calories it contains!!! Don't berate yourself, just talk to Nigel and figure out a way to get through this and make sure he understands that you can't have the stuff in the house. At the very least, he could hide it and not tell you. You'll get through it, sweetie......

Ok, gotta go. Lots to do. Everyone have a super weekend!

Julie
Old 08-28-2004, 03:56 PM   #15  
2006 - Panda Remix

Hi Girls,

Well I'm having a much better day today - I steered clear of the cheese for breakfast and lunch as I know I am having homemade pizza for dinner! And believe me that is a real improvement on the last few days!

I've also been swimming today - did 14 lengths, which is 2 up from my normal 12!! Swimming always makes me feel great!

I think maybe my cheese frenzy is over - I feel alot more in control today! I don't know why Nigel bought it (well it was on offer in the shop - buy one get one free) - but he doesn't even really like cheese that much! I think he bought it for the pizza's and couldn't resist the buy one get one free offer, even though it meant getting about 4 times more than we actually need! oh well, there is no point crying over eaten cheese!

I'm going to have a much better week next week.

Love Amanda x
Amanda Panda is offline   Reply With Quote