Old 09-02-2004, 07:09 AM   #1  
SAHM of 3

Post SAHM Thursday #234

Welcome all to a thread full of wonderful women taking on the responsibilty of raising a family and trying to take care of themselves too. We look forward to a new day with members, new and old! Please feel free to jump right in and say hello Here is a little bit about who we are ...

MichelleRae: Michelle sahm to Taylor 8-25-01 & Teagan 10-13-03 Married 2 years to Zhaun. Plan I'm following is a combined WW and South Beach Diet

Spryng: 24 y.o. married 6 years. Kids- Ava 4, Bubba (aka Joseph) 3 & Tanner 1. Currently on ww, hit goal in April.

Mompen: Penny 23 y.o. Happily Married & SAHM Momma to three active boys, Hunter almost 5, Nicholas almost 4 & Andrew 13 mo. Weight Watchers is my way of life

Loveliam: Leigh SAHM to Liam 10.21.03 & happily married for 2 years. Doing the Weight Watchers thing

Sydsmom: Kristin SAHM to Sydney 09-27-01, married almost 2 years to wonderful dh Began Weight watchers mid-July

Cheri: married to Donald for 8.5 years, SAHM/homeschooling momma to Nathan, 5 (9-11-98), Daniel, 3 (8-29-00) & Elijah, 1 (10-16-02) & doing the low carb thing kinda, lol

Angel: SAHM of 4, Ages 8,8,7,&4.

Cindi: Mom to 6 boys & 1 mean girl. Plan.. No diet for me! Portion control, exercise & lots of water (most days)

Chubba: Geri..Mom to two boys, Will (3) & Tony (1)..married for 4 years to a great guy..following Dr Phil most days!

Crystal: 27 yo sahm of 3 almost 4. Alisa 5, Ally 3, & Andrew 20 months. Due Feb 1st. Married almost 9 years, live in Texas & homeschool. Avon & Watkins Sales Rep. My plan when on it counting calories & exercise

Ricci sahm to two boys 4 and 5, married 7 years, doing ww

Jaymi: 2 kids, 20 mo Girl & 6 yo boy. Been married to DH for 2 ½ years. I’m counting calories, eating lowfat foods & exercise. I have no idea what the name of that diet is!!!

Jill: SAHM of 1 daughter, Bayley, born 9/19/03. Currently trying to lose some of the baby weight I gained with her & need some extra support to help me do so.

Melissa: SAHM of 1 girl (4) and 1 boy (<2). Currently counting calories with Tops NutriBase Software.

I am Mindee, and I will be 22 on 8/17. I am married to Tommy, who is 27, and we have been married for 2 years. We have a little boy, Brandon, who is almost 4 months
watkinsguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2004, 07:43 AM   #2  

Morning Ladies!

Cindi, congrats on the new fridge. Let us know how you like it!

Well, bugga only woke up at 3:30 thirst thirsty thirsty. But of course I had trouble falling back to sleep...lol. He finished the cup I had left..... I still want to weigh in this morning to see how close I am for tomorrow. Now that bugga is sleeping better, I am catching up on some sleep and should get back into full exercise soon.

It's Thursday, so I guess I have the qotd....hmmmmmmmmmm

Do you have a relective that stand out in your mind who is your favorite? and why? This does not include your parents.

Answer: My Uncle Dominick. When I was Between 4-8 and we would have Sunday dinner at Gram's house, where he still lived, he would lie on my Grams bed and watch "love connection" and I would curl up in front of him and go to sleep. He's one of those silly uncle's too. Always teasing in a fun way with my brother and I. He was only 17 when I was born. He's a big chooch now; 6'5" and a big guy all round. He lovingly calls me an "old bag" since I had children, so I tell him he must be ancient. lol He was a policeman and likes to act tough, but is one of those guys who is mush on the inside.
melmcc99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2004, 07:59 AM   #3  
SAHM of 3

Smile Good Morning

QOTD: I guess my Aunt Linda. She's my mom's oldest sister. When I was growing up she lived too far for us to see very much. But she was always the cool one. I mean she was more hip than my mom and more into the times of today then my mom. My mom is very old fashioned and in a since so is Aunt Linda, but she's more into the internet and loves to shop, I mean LOVES to shop. My mom has nothing to do with computers and HATES to shop. I always think of my Aunt Linda as my favorite.

Mel, sorry Bugga woke up again last night. At least you feel as though you're getting more sleep than before.

Cinid, glad you got a new fridge. Now you should have known better about those laxatives, LOL? Sorry they messed you up.

Spryng, sorry you had those kids. I just don't do well with other kids. I know how you feel.

Geri, have fun in Austin. I always liked Austin and San Antonio.

Hello to Jill, Leigh, Michelle, Jaymi, Angel, Cheri, Deana and everyone else out there.

Penny, where are you???

Well, me and the kids went to Wal-Mart last night. Had to get some milk and baby powder and a rubbermaid box. Got alot of Avon in and I needed something to carry it around in my car and try to sell. I also finally bought Passion of the Christ. It was on sale for 16 bucks, that surprised me. I've been dying to see it again. Not sure when I can.
Well, today is school and nap and laundry. I've got some Avon stuff to take care of too. I'll check in later.
TTYL
Old 09-02-2004, 08:49 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Good morning all!

I am tired this morning... of course I haven't been up long yet so I'm still waking up.
QOTD--- this is easy.. my grandpa!! My parents divorced when I was an infant and when I speak about my mother I'm talking about my step mom because she is who raised me from 3months old... so her parents are not my biological grandparents but they are the best grandparents in the world. My grandma Ava died when I was 3... but she loved me so much. She was very sick but I would stay with her and grandpa and just sit in bed with grandma all day and talk to her.... she loved that. Once she died Grandpa was always there... he would come get me and I'd stay weeks at his house (this is after he remarried too, and his wife is the only grandma I can remember and she's wonderful too) But he always treated me like a real grandaughter (i was their only granddaughter for awhile) and I loved him like crazy! I never felt close to my dad's family who was all blood related, but my grandpa is the best! We still talk almost every weekend... they live in california so I haven't seen them in a few years... Ava was 6 months old last time I was there and I was pregnant with Bubba... so they've never met Bubba or Tanner... but someday I hope to get out there. But I could go on and on about him but I won't bore you... lol... but I know for a fact blood never impairs my ability to love someone because they took me into their hearts without a hesitation and to me they are my REAL family. And that is why Ava is named for my grandma Ava and Joseph Paul is after my grandpa (Paul is his name)

OK, not much planned for today. I've got to go get diapers sometime today but other than that I will be home. Not sure about dinner yet.

Crystal, glad you got that movie! I saw it at the rental place the other day but I just couldn't bring myself to rent it. I've read the Bible and I know what happened to him during his final hours and it's sad enough in print... I don't want to see it on the big screen. I watched Schindlers List a few years ago and it tore me apart... just too sad, took me weeks to get the nightmares to go away and the sad thoughts out of my head, so I don't think I could handle that movie. But I'm glad you really like it.

Mel, I have been peeking at the scale too, lol. But for me it keeps going up and down so tomorrow is unknown still. I hope it is down tomorrow.

OK, guess I will get off here! Have a great day all!
spryng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2004, 09:57 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 307/187/130

Height: 5'4"

Hey girls!!

QOTD: Well I just want to mention that I love my family equally but I have some memories with relatives that stand out more than others, My grandpa snook who passed away on December 8, 2001, and my uncle bob who passed away December 8, 1997 I miss them both so much but I always remember the good times I had with them. Yes they both died on the same day but 5 years apart.

I want to report that Yugi is doing so much better today!! When I got up he started yippin for me to pick him up and I put him down on the floor and he was trying to run around so he isn't hurting too bad anymore! What a cutie pie!! I'm so happy he's feeling better!!

Spryng can't wait to hear your WI!! I'm with you I don't think I'll watch that movie either, I never saw schindlers list for the same reason. I'm glad I'm not the only one who gets nightmares from the movies we watch

Mel so sorry you couldnt get back to sleep this morning! I really want to sleep in today but of course I have kids and 2 dogs up and runnin around so I'll have to be up for awhile! Any plans today?

Cindi!!!! Congrats on the new fridge!! Thats awesome, and good luck with the biopsy! I was also on nuvaring and I liked it except that it made me gain weight, I'm very hormone sensitive so my doctor took me off all BC and that was when hubby jumped in and volunteered for a vasectomy, he's heeled well and he said getting an in grown toenail fixed was worse than the vas. and he watched the whole procedure. He even declined pain meds.

Geri you better stop over here on your way back home!! We can have a slumber party and let our little monsters play while we have margaritas I hope you have tons of fun, and I will miss you sooooooooooooooo much!!!

ok girls I need to start my day, some how the car audio place got my appointment time mixed up so I had to reschedule so my car is getting the amplifier, subwoofer and cd player installed today, I'll take a picture so you can see my new tint too!! Now I don't have to have those baby shades hanging in my car windows!! Yayyyyyy!! Just so you all know I loveeee really loud stereos and have always liked show cars/performance cars, I wish I could get on to MTV's Pimp my ride lol!!!

Ok I'm outta here!!

Love to all!!
MichelleRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2004, 10:09 AM   #6  
Walking away the weight

Morning gals- no time to post, have to get some stuff orgaanized before the sitter gets here at 11. Will be more in-depth later But, want to report it's my WI day and I'm down 1 lb back to 155 . . . I'm actually right on the border of 154 and 155 (I have a digital scale and can tell). But today is my flexlunch day - whoohoo!!!

TTYL.
Loveliam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2004, 10:39 AM   #7  

Height: 5 foot

Hello chicks! No time to post really, just a quick update. No exercise yesterday.. but plan on getting some in today! Got to go get a couple of groceries. I'm not going to get too much since I don't know what this stupid hurricane is going to do. So I'll talk with you all later!
Jaymi_Dol_78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2004, 11:33 AM   #8  
Curves 6-week solution

S/C/G: 159/159/135

Hey everyone, I'm tired today! It's my own fault though, staying up late to play a nintendo game! It was fun though and I only have it for a week so I figure I won't be doing it forever right? Not much planned for today, I need to pay a couple bills, grocery shop and a few errands but other than that nothing big going on. Dinner tonight is BBQ chicken in the crockpot, scallop potatoes and a salad.

QOTD My Aunt Cindy, she is really cool and her daughter (my cousin that is pregnant that I told you about last night) is my age and we grew up best friends so that was fun. She's always been very "with it" and just funny and fun to be around, I still find myself going over there every once in awhile just to talk. She's cool.

Mel glad you are catching up on some sleep! I havne't exercised very much this week but I am hoping to get some in today. Hope you do too!!

Crystal hope you are having a good day.

Michelle yea for Yugi!! I'm glad he seems to be feeling better. What does Teagan think of him?

Spryng I'm glad I'm not the only one who is tired, hows the situation going? (like how I was all secretive) I finally gave my blue feather away to the bar tender girl (Watch everyone freak out cause they have no idea what we are talking about LOL) Hope you are having a good day!!

Leigh have a great flex lunch!!

Jaymi hope you are having a good day too, get some exercise in!!

Penny where are you!!!!!

Ok baby crying TTYL!!!
Bayleysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2004, 12:27 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Hello all!

Just got back from walmart. I had to get Tanner some diapers and decided I needed a new bra... I don't really have many but I wash them often... but today I got up and didn't want any of them, lol... I needed one that fit a little better around my rib cage (the next size down!!!) so I got me one... fits perfectly!!! I'm so happy!! They also had some cute shorts on sale for 3 bucks so I got a pair of them too, I bought medium and they are little loose.. I should have got small, but that is ok. I didn't think my big hips would fit in a small, but maybe they will afterall!! LOL.
SIl came over this morning and finished mowing, it looks so much better out there! I appreciate her doing that for me.

Jill and Muffy sitting in a tree..... LOL!!! Glad you are enjoying that game! What season are you in?

Jaymi, I hope you guys stay safe!! Have a great OP day today ok??

Leigh, congrats on the lb down!!! You are headed in the right direction and enjoy that lunch!!! I may have one tomorrow.

Michelle, so glad yugi is feeling better! I don't think I could do the nuvaring... how do you know its in the right spot??? Can it work its way back out?? Hmm... I may have to look that one up, lol.

Ok, gotta find me some lunch. Have a great day all!
spryng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2004, 12:39 PM   #10  
**Kristin**

HI !! Bad night last night here Sydney was warm yesterday afternoon after her nap, and then she wass fine...well after I got home from work she was really warm and I went to give her medicine and she threw up all over me I feel so bad for her, she muist have a little tummy bug or something...no more puking, just VERY sleepless night, and now she doesn't want me to come into my own room where she is laying...she keeps says "your botthering me, mommy, go away, let me rest"... such a little woman. ANyway, so here I am, I have about 2 extra loads of laundry to do now from the evening last night, on top of about 4 others

On to happier things!!! THe first QOTD posted by Mel:
I would have to say there are 2 people..my aunt (moms youngest sister) who was like a sister to me, she passed away this last February from cancer, she and I were so close. and my Papa (dad's dad) who passed away when I was in 8th grade, him and I were really close because we lived with them for a few years. He spoiled me rotten The living relaive that I really am getting closer to is my mom's next youngest sister...she is alot of fun, and we have started doing different things together!

OKay here is my QOTD since today is my day too!
If you could look through your bedroom window every morning and see one thing/place/monument , what would it be?

Cindi - thanks for PG vibes, you are tooo funny Hugs to you! Yeah for the new fridge, I love appliances! haha!

Geri - Thanks to you too for yours! I think Corpus Christi would be beautiful. You will have fun either way, as long as you are with the ones you love !

Spryng - I think that you will get the BC method figured out, you can always try different things if something isn't comfortable or whatever I will keep my fingers crossed for you and that scale !

Crystal - I saw that movie in theatres and it was so incredible. Everyone just sat there for like 5 minutes in silence after it ended. It was pretty graphic, so I closed my eyes during part of it. I don't think I would watch it again any time soon, but we bought it too just to have.

Michelle - Glad that Yugi is doign better! Is he potty trained? how old is he? Have fun with the new bumpin stereo! I love to "rock out" as sydney and I call it! We both love music, all kinds!

Jill - Have fun on all your errands today, I am stuck here with the sicky, so I will just do laundry and such I think.

Leigh - Hope you get lots done while the sitter is there! Very cool about your WI !!! :congrats: I'll let you know when I need your personal servant duties again! j/j you know!

Jaymi - Glad to here from ya, stay safe, and hopw you have a nice day!

well - better get this house in a little order! and I have some book work and bills to do! Dh leaves this coming monday night so I have to get stuff in order so I am sailing smooth while he is gone! TTYL !!!!!
sydsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2004, 12:44 PM   #11  
SAHM of 3

Hi all. Just checking in while I'm eating my lunch, leftover stew. We finished school and I got some Avon business taken care of. Hopefully I'll be getting a nap in soon. I have a couple loads of laundry to tend to after nap time.
My sister went to the doc today and was running a small fever. They took a few tests and she doesn't seem to have pre-eclampsyia. In fact they don't think it's much more than a sinus infection, but because she's so far along, they wanted to be sure. Haven't heard from her yet though.
Spryng, glad you got a new bra. I don't get one very often either, and I'm kind of picky about them too.
Jill, with those errands you've got to run I don't think I'd say there's not much going on. Of course, you've only got one so those errands might not seem like alot. But ask one of us with 3 or so and all those errands are like a full day out kind of thing, lol?
Anyone heard from Penny? I guess she's busy now with her dream job and all. Good for her!
Guess I could say I'm glad I'm not in Florida at this moment. But it still doesn't change my mind about going there. I'd love to...just after the fact.
Okay, gonna finish my lunch. Hope everyone is having a great day.
Old 09-02-2004, 12:47 PM   #12  

I made it to the gym this morning and am on track with my points. I will get a baseline tomorrow. I don't know what happened last week with the tropical storm and everything. Our weekend is pretty slow, so I am hoping for now storm and I can catch up on posting.

Jaymi - I am with you on the hurricane. I hope it stays off the coast, so everyone is safe.

Have a great Thursday!
meltin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2004, 12:55 PM   #13  
**Kristin**

I forgot to answer my own QOTD!!! DUH!!! haha - If there was one thing I would like to look at every day it would be crystal clear ocean water with white sand and marine life. Like in the bahamas on our honeymoon !!! We went to the same place where they filmed Gillians Island or a whole day, and it was beautiful like that with all the fishes in the water and the white sand beaches! OH I wanna go back!!!!!!! haha- well better come back to reality! TTYL !!
sydsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2004, 01:04 PM   #14  
SAHM of 3

Kristin, so sorry about your daughter. Don't you hate when that happens. Every winter we get it and it goes from one to another to another and on and on. Hope she gets feeling better.
The movie was so emotional and yes graphic. I loved it because it made me see and really, really understand what he went through for us and made me look at some aspects of my life that should and could be better.
QOTD 2: I think now it would be the beach. I've realized that if we move to Florida we can't actually live ON the beach, too expensive, but I think I would love to retire to that. Maybe we'll have more $, LOL. I think seeing the empty white sands and the blue water crashing into each other is such a peaceful sound and sight.
Okay, kitchen cleaned onto naptime in about 1/2 an hour.
TTYL
Old 09-02-2004, 01:18 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 307/187/130

ok QOTD #2 the one thing I want to look at everyday for the rest of my life is my happy healthy family. The scenery can change but my family is the one thing i look forward to seeing day in and day out

Anyway I have got to get my house cleaned up lol its a mess!!

Spryng yes the nuvaring can work its way out but its not a big deal and you can just put it back in. Zhaun said he couldnt feel it either so that was good and there is no wrong way to put it in and so easy to use, there were only 2 things i didn't like about it and they were that sometimes i could feel it there and the fact that I gain weight when I use any hormonal Birth control. But take a look at it. My sister uses the b/c patch and seems to do well with it, I wanted to use it myself but I was too heavy I guess it loses effectiveness the heavier you are but you definately don't have to worry about that

Penny where the heck are you? Are you avoiding me jk lol

Melinda so glad you are staying op! How is JW?

ok I'm going to go and try and get this house cleaned up.

Love to all
MichelleRae is offline   Reply With Quote