Old 09-08-2004, 07:30 AM   #1  
SAHM of 3

Post SAHM's #240 Wednesday

Welcome all to a thread full of wonderful women taking on the responsibilty of raising a family and trying to take care of themselves too. We look forward to a new day with members, new and old! Please feel free to jump right in and say hello Here is a little bit about who we are ...

MichelleRae: Michelle sahm to Taylor 8-25-01 & Teagan 10-13-03 Married 2 years to Zhaun. Plan I'm following is a combined WW and South Beach Diet

Spryng: 24 y.o. married 6 years. Kids- Ava 4, Bubba (aka Joseph) 3 & Tanner 1. Currently on ww, hit goal in April.

Mompen: Penny 23 y.o. Happily Married & SAHM Momma to three active boys, Hunter almost 5, Nicholas almost 4 & Andrew 14 mo. Weight Watchers and a bit of South Beach is my way of life.

Loveliam: Leigh SAHM to Liam 10.21.03 & happily married for 2 years. Doing the Weight Watchers thing

Sydsmom: Kristin SAHM to Sydney 09-27-01, married almost 2 years to wonderful dh Began Weight watchers mid-July

Cheri: married to Donald for 8.5 years, SAHM/homeschooling momma to Nathan, 5 (9-11-98), Daniel, 3 (8-29-00) & Elijah, 1 (10-16-02) & doing the low carb thing kinda, lol

Angel: SAHM of 4, Ages 8,8,7,&4.

Cindi: Mom to 6 boys & 1 mean girl. Plan.. No diet for me! Portion control, exercise & lots of water (most days)

Chubba: Geri..Mom to two boys, Will (3) & Tony (1)..married for 4 years to a great guy..following Dr Phil most days!

Crystal: 27 yo sahm of 3 almost 4. Alisa 5, Ally 3, & Andrew 20 months. Due Feb 1st. Married almost 9 years, live in Texas & homeschool. Avon & Watkins Sales Rep. My plan when on it counting calories & exercise

Ricci sahm to two boys 4 and 5, married 7 years, doing ww

Jaymi: 2 kids, 20 mo Girl & 6 yo boy. Been married to DH for 2 ½ years. WW Core Plan is my way of life.

Jill: SAHM of 1 daughter, Bayley, born 9/19/03. Currently trying to lose some of the baby weight I gained with her & need some extra support to help me do so.

Melissa: SAHM of 1 girl (4) and 1 boy (<2). Currently counting calories with Tops NutriBase Software.

I am Mindee, and I will be 22 on 8/17. I am married to Tommy for 2 yrs., who is 27. We have a little boy, Brandon, who is almost 4 months
watkinsguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2004, 07:36 AM   #2  
SAHM of 3

Smile Wonderful Wednesday

Hello to everyone. Hope you all had a great night.

Welcome Heather, I'm Crystal, 27 yo sahm of 3; almost 4. Alisa is almost 6 yrs., Ally is 3 yrs., and Andrew is 21 months. I'm due Feb. 1st. You will love it here and find all the support and friendship you will ever need to take on the challenge of losing weight. Post often and we hope to get to know you better.

I slept okay until 345 when Andrew woke up and didn't go back to sleep until about 500. I hope I get a nap in today.

I don't remember anything from the other thread, isn't that terrible. I've gotta get school prepared. Alisa starts in her very own reading book today and I'm so excited.
TTYL
Old 09-08-2004, 08:23 AM   #3  

Morning Crystal!! How r u this morning? Hope you have fun day planned!

Welcome Heather, I am Melissa SAHM of 2 ages 4 and just about 2. You'll love it here!

Sorry, Everyone I was MIA yesterday. I am busy getting things ready for when Abigail goes back to school tomorrow. She can't wait. I did check in and read through the thread yesterday. Don't think I'll remember everything, but a few things stuck out sooo..... here we go

Spryng, I'd be pretty upset if I had a routine and a way about doing things and then someone wanted to come in and change my system. Especially one that works so well. I'm sure you'll work out all the quirks. Might be tough for a few weeks, you guys have to get used to living together all over again.

JIll, How was dinner last night with your family? Too funny about you first kiss. I was LMAO! I think that was you who told about you face being sucked off....lol Great job with the workouts.

Penny, LMK how you make out at the weight loss clinic. I'm kind of afraid right now to go on the meds, I know they can effect mood and I had such a hard time coming off antidepressants from postpardum. The weining off was terrible!!!! I really hadn't been depressed before taking them, but the doctor felt I needed something daily to help with anxiety I had from Bugga being born early and having all the little problems he had and Abigail was being a little Bugger herself at that point. Doing things like poking, or biting little tiny Patrick, because she was jealous. Anyway, when I wanted to come off them after 5 months it was awful! I was dizzy and I started to feel depressed like I never felt before. I knew it was that Cr...p in my body. I asked my husband to bear with me while it weaned off. Took three torchering months to feel human again. Not to mention that the meds but 40 lbs on me in 4 months. That's how I ended up here. I was at 221.5 and I before gaining this I was in the 180's losing the weight from Patrick. Sorry, to go on....it just came out. my whole point was that I am uneasy for myself to take the meds for I don't know how it will effect my mood. boy this was a mouth full.

Hello Leigh, Michelle, Jamyi Kristen...and the rest of you...oh, yes, I wanted to address Kristin.

Kristen, I just wanted to give you some friendly, not medical, advice about going to the doctor for the blood test... This happened to two friends of mine. They're pd's were late testing at home was negative numerous times. They went to the doctor for blood work and the tests were negetive too. THe doctor perscribed meds to bring on the pd, but my friends were still convinced so they waited before taking the stuff. My one friend went to another doctor first and they did a repeat blood and that was positive and the other retested home in 1 week and it was positive. What we assume happend was that the period was going to be late and that's when they concieved, so the tests were negetive for longer. ONe had irregular pd and one didn't. Oh yes, the one was told that she was pregnant, that's what it was, but there wasn't enough hormone so the dr assumed that she had a mis and told her to come to the hospital for a dand c .. she kept her US appointment, because she didnt' want to believe it and there was a heartbeat...dumb doctor. Anyway, my point is, if your blood test comes back negative, don't despair, wait a while longer and test again. Wait ...you pd will come eventually or you will be pregant and test positive soon. Hope this helps you. BTW the one girl is 5 months pregant ...the one who had the US and saw the heartbeat after the dr told her to d & C and the other baby is about 1 1/2 years old.

Sorry, such a long posts ladies, I really wanted to tell kristin those stories.
melmcc99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2004, 09:24 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Good morning all!

Ok, I have updated new on my DH job change. Looks like it isn't going to happen anytime soon. The company he works for has no openings for a day cab driver... really sucks. SO he is going to have to look outside the company which could take awhile. He is not giving up (I'm starting to feel less optimistic about it) so we'll see what happens in the next few weeks. When he comes home this weekend he will try and get some applications out and talk to a few companies.
I don't have much planned for today. Just general housecleaning and that is about it. My exercise I will get in later too.
Penny and Jill have the QOTD today so I'm looking forward to that!
Not sure about Dinner tonight. I'd like to make beef stroganoff but I'm out of ff sour cream so that would require me to leave, lol... which I don't really feel like doing. So maybe garlic lime chicken or something. Seems like I'm eating tons of chicken, lol. What are you all planning??

Heather, so nice to know your first name! I don't know much about LA Weightloss but I'm glad you have found something you like! It really makes all the difference. What kind of exercise equipment do you have at home? I just have some dumbells and The Firm workout DVDs with the fanny lifter... I do have one of those big exercise balls but I used it for the birth of my 3rd baby never for exercise, maybe I should check that out, I hear good things about it. So are you married? If so how long? I don't think you said before.

Mel, that was so interesting about your friends! I wonder why some women have no probs taking those HPT and others need a blood test? But none the less it great they went with their gut and waited a little longer to find out the truth! So what do you have planned for today?

Crystal, I hope you get a nap in also! I would be half dead right now if my kids woke up and didn't go back to sleep. I don't know how you do it! What are you up to today?

Well, I'm off here to find some breakfast. I was so hungry last night for some reason, and even though I just ignored it it's back this morning with a vengeance! LOL! So I need to go eat something. TTYL!
spryng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2004, 09:40 AM   #5  
Walking away the weight

Hi everyone! Well, so far it's been an uneventful morning. Seems like we're back to the former sleep/wake schedule. Maybe because DH is home and gets up at a set time to go to work. As it turns out, Six Feet Under wasn't on last night- maybe because it was a holiday week? Have any of you seen Dog: The Bounty Hunter on A&E? It's reality- follows this bounty hunter around. It's strangely captivating LOL.

Angel- Hi! on being down! But, I'm sorry you're having such a bad week with TOM. I get that way too with PMS and always feel kind of ridiculous afterwards.

Welcome, Heather! I'm Leigh. I'm trying to do Weight Watchers (though lately have been off track a bit). I look forward to getting to know you better - you'll love the group here.

Penny- sounds like we're in a very similar place mentally. Keep us posted on what they tell you at your appointment.

Spryng- on the workout! Wow- sounds intensive LOL. Yes, we eventually figured out there was no Six Feet Under (maybe because it was a holiday weekend?). Sorry about DH's job Well, when it's the right job it will happen

Crystal- good morning Let us know how Alisa does with reading.

Melissa- hi! So will Abigail be excited/impatient for scool all day today?

Okay, I've got to go get some cleaning done. TTYL.
Loveliam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2004, 09:50 AM   #6  
soontobethin

Good morning. i am getting ready to go exercise. Welcome, Heather. I am Ricci (pronounced Ricki) SAHM to two boys, Eric, who will be 6 tomorrow, and RJ 4. You will really like it here.
Ladies, I now have a whole new apprieciation for hair dressers. I have so much crammed into my head right now. FYI, I passed my first test Friday. I got a 96%. I just hope I do as well on my next 5, and that I pass my final with no trouble. Last night we had to do an undercut haircut on our manequin, and I think mine sucked. Oh well, I just have to remember I can't do it perfect the first time. That is just something I have to get over.
Sounds like everyone is doing good. Spryng, that chicken swiss avacodo sounds yummy. Well, I am off to exercise, and then to study. Have a great day.
need2losemore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2004, 10:16 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 307/187/130

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning Ladies!!

Kristin I first want to address you, when we were trying to conceive Teagan I went through countless blood/and home tests, what happened? I was stressing myself out which can throw your cycle off big time, I was regular to the day and then one month TOM never came and I ended up having a 56 day cycle, this was around month 6 of TTC and the docs had us lined up to go to a fertility clinic since we were both relatively young, well I found out I was pregnant the day before we had our appointment. The line on the test was barely there you had to squint to see it so I went to the doctors and got a blood test that day and 45 minutes later I knew Hang in there and try to remain stress free

Spryng You poor girl!! I know you had your hopes up for a job change for DH!! It will happen girly. Job hunting is so stressful, but I'm sure he'll find something

Penny You know I think that if you feel you need to go back to the doc then GO!!! You and only you know what helps you

Geri???? Are you safe?? I miss you!!

Ricci That is an awesome score on your test!!! Wooohoooo Congrats

Di? Are you out there sweetheart!! If you need to talk I'm here!!

Leigh I'm a bit envious of you living in the big city lol, I LOVE the city but there are things taht I don't like about living in big cities as well, damn catch 22 isn't it I love those stroller blankets but heck we'd be crazy to go out in a stroller in the middle of winter here!!

Speaking of winter, I would like to arrange a gift swap with our regular members if everyone would like that? And not nesicarily an xmas gift as some of us don't celebrate xmas so they can be friendship gifts Let me know what ya'll think.

Well Teagan has been trying to take her first steps but chickening out in the middle, she is now standing without any support whatsoever and no more wobbly knees til she tries to walk lol. I can hold her hand and she'll walk around with me but other than that she is a big chicken lol.

Well I need to get the day started. I'll post again soon!
Love to all
Michelle
MichelleRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2004, 10:20 AM   #8  
**Kristin**

THank you SO MUCH to all of you who gave advise and offered support for me. (((hugs))). I really appreciate it. I am still having trouble finding a doc...the ones that I look up on my insurance match a few of the ones that practice at the hospital I want to go to (they just finished a BEAUTIFUL hosp that is not even a mile away from me, and its got a 'maternity center') but their actual offices (where I would go for check-ups and such) are all the way across town..I'm not sure what to do....I think I am just going to call some of them and find out what the deal is, or see if they can help me find a OB OFFICE out here! sheesh! To top it off, sydney is still sick, she just hasnt been herself, sleeping constantly, and shaky, not eating well, etc. so she has a doc appt today at 11am. Sorry not to get personal this morning, I will try when we come home from running around and see if she will take a good nap and then I will try to get back here !!

Mel - thanks for taking the time to tell me about you 2 friends...I know that time will tell !!

Can't remember who asked but someone asking how it was with sydney. Well, I went in for my yearly and they told me I was pregnant! I had m period for about half of my pregnancy with sydney, Iwas almost 2 months prego and didn't know it..I Was tired and had the symptoms, but wasn't looking for them, just thought TOM was nasty!
sydsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2004, 10:30 AM   #9  
SAHM of 3

Okay girls. We haven't started school yet. I like to wait until Andrew takes a nap. Makes it so much easier. Alisa is very easily distracted student and he makes it worse.

Spryng, so sorry about dh's job. But if it's meant to happen it will work out. I wish you all luck with that. Ever since I've had kids almost 6 years ago, I've hardly ever had a full nights sleep. I could probably safely say less than 20 nights in 6 years. You actually become used to it. May not like it, but you learn to function that way.

Leigh, Alisa seems to be what's called a lazy reader. She loves the concept of reading, she just doesn't want to go through the process of learning to read. So it's tough with her being my first. But she's doing okay.

Ricci, wtg on your first exam. I know what you mean about having new found respect for them. I went to school to learn nails and in spare time I would tune into the hair dressers and such. I was always the gopher and would let them practice on me. We had alot of fun.

Well, I've got some research to do on the net before we start school. TTYL
Old 09-08-2004, 10:35 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Hello again!

Just got done with breakfast... boy I thought I was starving! LOL. We had scrambled eggs, lean ham, and I had 1/2 an avocado and a big glass of ff milk. It hit the spot! So now I think I will live, lol.

Kristin, how long would it take you to drive accross town to go to the doc? My midwife was 1 1/2 hrs away and I don't regret it for a second. The hospital in this town SUCKS! I wouldn't take my dog (if I had one) there to have puppies! LOL. So maybe if that hospital is a good one you should consider it... or at least make an appointment with someone there to get the blood test and then find someone closer to complete the pregnancy with? I am so worried about Sydney! I hope she is ok, and that's it just the flu or something. Is she running a fever? Keep us informed ok?

Michelle, so how was your anniversary??! Don't leave me in suspense!! LOL! I think a gift swap would be lots of fun! Count me in!! Congrats to teagan!! How cute they are when they first start walking Ahhhh... *sigh* I miss it already!!

Ricci, I'll let you practice on me!!! What do you say? Actually if you lived closer or could meet or something I would let you practice on me, lol. Sounds like you are doing great! Do you plan on opening your own beauty shop after this or just joining another one?

Leigh, I don't know if it was because of the holiday weekend or not that 6 ft under didn't come on... I just know I hate having to wait two weeks for the finale! LOL! And it looks like it will be a great finale!! I don't think Lisa is dead... and if she really is it looks like it was murder... let me know what you think ok? I'd love to pick your thoughts about it, lol.

Ok, gonna get off here. TTYL!
spryng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2004, 11:56 AM   #11  
Curves 6-week solution

S/C/G: 159/159/135

Hey girls I'm tired! I was so tired at my moms house last night that I was falling asleep on the couch but when we got home do you think I could fall asleep nooooooooooooooo I was up later than usualy! I think it is cause my body was sore from the gym yesterday and was punishing me LOL Anyway I am going to the gym again today but will do cardio so it shouldn't be too bad, I actually like cardio cause I can wear my headphones and watch Regis and Kelley LOL

So I have some exciting news! I told you my cousin (Lindsay) was preg. last week right? She's like one of my best friends so it's super exciting well she grew up being really good friends with a boy named Nick, his mom is best friends with my aunt, and Nick and Lindsay were born a week apart and we just found out yesterday that Nicks wife is preg. too, due right after Lindsay!! Isn't that crazy? I know you guys don't know these people but I know you would appreciate the story since their moms were best friends and due a week apart and now their kids are doing the same thing! I thought is was so cute. I am so excited for both of them. Actually Nicks wife is the one that works at the gym that I told her about yesterday, the one who said I looked like I had lost weight! So funny how these things happen, I totally have to congratualate her today, I am so excited. The only thing that would make this day better is if Kristin told us she was preg.!! Right? Just kidding Kristin it will happen in time.

Ok getting personal now!

Crystal 3:45?!! Yuck I know you are used to it but no thank you. Losing sleep is like a slow death for me (and the ones around me LOL) why so little sleep? Why do your kids wake up so much? Hope Alisa does good with her first book. I'm sure once she picks up on reading she will do really good.

Mel yes it was me getting my face sucked off LOL lovely first kiss huh? So have you taken Patrick to the doc yet? Keep us updated on that!

Spryng sorry about dh, I know you were looking forward to that. I bet if you look hard enough though you will find something that will make money and let him stay home, just may take awhile. Glad you got full!! LOL

Leigh glad your back on a good schedule. Sorry about your show not being on!! Hope you get some good cleaning in!

Ricci Hi! Glad you are doing good in your class, sorry about that haircut though. I'm sure it's a fluke thing, you'll do better next time!

Michelle, I am in suspense about your anniversary too! How did it go? I think a gift swap would be great! I'm in too! First steps huh? Bayley is getting there but I think it will be another month or so until she actually does it.

Kristin good luck with Syd. I hope it's nothing major. Just the flu or something. Let us know how the dr. goes with her.

Ok QOTD, I have been interested in asking this for a while just because I'm a fairly new mom and like talking about everything baby and I just want to say that this is not meant to be a right way wrong way question because I don't believe there is a right or wrong way. I just want to know. I know you all are mature and positive people anyway so I'm not worried about it so I'll stop rambling and just ask the question LOL

Did you bottle feed or breast feed? And what were reasons for doing one or the other?

I breastfed because it seemed easier and everyone around me did it. I liked the benefits they told me would come out of it and I had a lot of support doing it. My cousin also worked at a medical rental place and got me a hospital grade breast pump for free! So that made it nice so I didn't have to nurse all the time, I could just pump and take a bottle with me. So that's what I did, you?

Oh ya today is my 4 year anniversary!! We are going to dinner tonight and I am so excited! Not sure where we are going yet but I will clue you in later, Ok I need to go so I can go to the gym at a decent hour! TTYL
Bayleysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2004, 12:53 PM   #12  

Michelle, I think a gift swap would be great! Maybe an ornament swap, or whatever. It would be fun.

Leigh, glad you have your power back. ALso, I'm so sorry I never got back to you on your email. Yes, that's fine with me.

JIll, so exciting about you cousin! Also, Bugga goes to the dr tomorrow after noon. He's going to need blood work that won't be fun.
Old 09-08-2004, 12:57 PM   #13  
soontobethin

I would like to do the gift swap too. QOTD: I bottle fed both of mine. They refused to latch onto the breast. I tried for about a week with both of them, had a cosultation with a breastfeeding expert, and everything. So, I pumped for another two weeks, and it got to be too much hassle, so they were formula babies. I admire those of you who did breastfeed, because its not as easy as it looks.
need2losemore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2004, 01:07 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 307/187/130

Hey girls!!

Mel good luck with bugga and the blood draw tomorrow. I'll be thinking of you! An ornament swap would be nice except there are some who don't celebrate holidays thats why I thought a "friendship" gift swap would be good. Any more ideas? Of course we will put a $10 limit And I can draw names for everyone. Actually how bout everyone who wants to be involved let me know I'll put up a list at the SAHM page at http://groups.msn.com/momslosingweight

Jill that is soooo neat about the pregnancies. When I was pregnant with Teagan my sister was pregnant with me and it was great and a wonderful bonding experience.

I had BK for lunch today a Veggie Burger and small onion rings, only 11 points. I think...anyway it was a healthier alternative and tasted yummy.

Yugi got a check up today for his little leg and the doc said he looks great and he even gained 1/4 lb!!

My anniversary was great we were going to go to a movie after dinner but we decided to come right home and enjoy eachothers company since we didn't have the girls! Then we went and got the girls and took them for ice cream at DQ. We watched Jersey Girl together which I LOVED!! Tonight we may watch Passion but not sure yet.

Penny....Where the heck are ya??

Heather so sorry I forgot to welcome you yesterday! Welcome to 3FC!! Its great to have you!! I'm Michelle sahm to 3 yo taylor and 10 month old Teagan. I'm doing WW and loving it! How bout you?

Ok guys I'm off to do some stuff I'll post in a bit!
Michelle
MichelleRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2004, 01:09 PM   #15  

ooops sorry, I forgot the QOTD:

I breast fed Abigail until she was one. It was so easy and I didn't have to warm any bottles. With Bugga I had to pump and feed for the first 10 days and then after that I had to do a combo, because his little mouth was to little to nurse. He would for a while, but then was pooped out! He cried so much after the first 3 weeks until around 2 months. At that time I had to stop nursing him. He was lactose intolerant. So 7 dollar a day formula in a bottle was his thing until he was one.