Old 09-16-2004, 12:01 PM   #106  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Julie, YOU BETTER NOT LEAVE US!!!

Why would we want you to leave? We luv ya girl!!!

I hope your son feels better. What is his name anyways? I dont think I know either of your kids names do I? I dont want to be too nosy though so if you dont want to say it is okay.

I gots to go to work. Not fun!!

I got Candi's Canine Cooler bed yesterday and I put it where she usually sleeps while I am on the computer and she will lay in front of it instead of on top of it. Silly Dog. I have gotten her on it once....
angieME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2004, 07:07 PM   #107  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Julie, Dont worry about it. Everyone has their bad days now and then. I am sure I have had my share of bad days.

KEMPY, ARE YOU OKAY??? Please check in so we know you are safe.

Noelle and Cal, Did you two get to talk on the phone yet? That is so cool that you are going to be meeting in a few weeks.

Well, I am not trying to brag here but I am so proud of myself tonight. You all know how the peanut butter fudge is my worst thing to have to make because I eat half of it. Today I made a half sheet pan and I DIDN'T eat any of it. I wrapped it and sent it out.
Old 09-16-2004, 11:04 PM   #108  
so close, yet so far...

S/C/G: wanna be 135

Height: 5'3"

Default This has been a waaaayyyyy cool day

Hey, that was neat! I just got off the phone with Carol "Cal". She was getting ready for bed and here I was still sitting at my desk at work (it was 4:45 pm here). This trip is going to be so fun!!! I can't wait

Cal, you take care of yourself and rest up so we can have a good ole time when we get to Disneyland. Our kids will have a blast I'm sure.

Angie, you go girl, way to go on resisting those p-b evil incarnate fudge. You can brag. I ate a chili dog for lunch with fritos . I have indigestion right now which serves me right *burp*.

Julie, you're entitled to your venting and if you desert us and only hang out on the SAHM thread I'm just going to have to quit my job and barge in on that thread to drag you back here where you belong! Yes, we love you just the way you are. Sorry to hear about your little one being sick, is he doing any better now? Hope this doesn't affect your dd too. I've been trying to keep my 2 nieces away from my son since they've been out of school due to the flu. I don't want him getting sick right before we go on vacation.

Kempy, I checked the weather in Ponchatoula and it looks like you guys have great weather in store. Are you doing ok out there? How's your arm recuperating?

Whew, it's after 5 pm and I gotta get home. Hello to Summer and Holly
melekalikimaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2004, 11:10 PM   #109  

I am really enjoying my evening right now. There is no school for students tomorrow but teachers have to go. That's ok because it still feels like a day off when there are no students. We might actually get to work in our rooms for a little while and get caught up on some things. Only 2 more weeks until fall break. That's when I will be meeting Noelle also.

Noelle: It was great to talk to you. It is so nice to be able to put a voice with the name and posts. Like you said, it seems we've known each other forever, but have never heard our voices. I apologize for being so tired. I think it's just a stomach bug. I know I'll be 100% for the trip.

Angie: It was great to be able to talk to Noelle. It will be so nice to post pics---of our children. Do you think we'd actually want to post our own??!?!?!?! I feel I'm right in the middle between you and Noelle. She is 3 hours behind me and you are 3 hours ahead.

Julie: I hope things are going better for you. I agree with Angie: Don't leave!!! Vent anytime, we're all friends; if you can't vent to your friends, who can you vent to?? Take care of yourself.

Kempy: I hope things are well for you. Maybe the power is a problem, but do come out and let us know you are ok.

Hello to Summer and Holly.

Cal
calnative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2004, 11:30 PM   #110  

Cal and Noelle isn't it neat putting a voice with a name? I loved talking to Angie on the phone. I would love to call her again and just chat away about everything. I would love to talk with you all! Okay it is now after 10:30 and I did not get a wink of sleep last night so I better go to bed all ready . Julie
jbbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2004, 11:33 PM   #111  

Good Night Sleep Tight!!
jbbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2004, 09:01 AM   #112  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Good Morning all!!

Jay usually takes free bismarks up to a guy that works at one of the stores we deliver to and he is always joking around with him, "okay where is my free lobster?" Well as luck would have it a huge hardshell lobster died yesterday and since you cant sell them dead he gave it to Jay. We cooked and picked it last night for supper tonight. I get lobster for the next 3 days now. I was planning on it for Saturday and Sunday anyways. Its all good because i could eat it 7 days a week.

Cal and Noelle, I cant wait for pics from your trip. That sounds so fun.

Julie, Is today any better for you? Did your son get to go to school today?

Not much happening for me today.
Old 09-17-2004, 11:18 AM   #113  

OK, I am here and ok. We didn't even get any rain. It was kind of dissapointing. We did all of this stuff and didn't see a drop of rain. Now I have to water my lawn. Our friends in Pensacola didn't do so well though. One of our friends parents lost the whole roof on their house and anther friends parents lost tons of Oak trees. And I mean tons. Their whole lot is covered with them. You can barely see their house b/c there are so many of them. Our aunt had some roof damage and a treee down in their pool. Our cousin had her chimney taken out and 2 trees were down in their yard. I have yet to see pics of the beach. I bet it is bad.

Angie girl you have got to stop talking about lobster. I love the stuff and we have to pay an arm and a leg to get it.

Cal and Noelle I tell ya, I wish I could hop on a plane and come play with you guys in Disney. Make sure you go to the Huanted Mansion for me. Oh yeah, and Indian Jones too. I love both of those rides out there.

Julie I know you were just having a bad day. Youo would never be able to leave us. We love ya to much and like Noelle said we would just have to pull you out of whatever thread you are on right back into this one.

Well, I need to get to cleaning out of closets. I am going to be in my neighbors garage sale so I need to get this crap out of my house.

I'll check back in later.
Kempyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2004, 11:20 AM   #114  

Oh yeah, Noelle, I have movies from Netflix I really like doing that. Can you get that out there? My arm is better but I have bad days. Yesterday I wanted to cut it off. I would move wrong and as soo as I did I wished that I hadn't. I just need to stop doing things to re-injur it and leave it alone.
Kempyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2004, 11:20 AM   #115  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Kempy, I am so glad you both are safe. Thanks for letting us know.
Old 09-17-2004, 11:21 AM   #116  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

not to sound totally stupid but what is the DOS window on a computer? I still cant get my Norton to work
Old 09-17-2004, 01:48 PM   #117  
so close, yet so far...

DOS: Drive Operating System. That's all I know. How you use it and how to run it I don't know I have friends who do that for me. Julie, your hubby have any suggestions?

Phones ringing, gotta go.
Old 09-17-2004, 04:52 PM   #118  
so close, yet so far...

Default I'm baaaaackkkk

Hey girls, I stopped to take a breather. Warning! Rant ahead *grrrrrr*.

Ok you guys all know how I get along so famously (NOT!) with my BIL (the unemployed druggie one?), Anyway, his condition is getting out of hand and Rick is spending more and more time trying to keep him from spiraling further out of control. This guy is homeless, on drugs, doesn't eat because he's on drugs and is getting physically ill. He even spent a whole workday (mine) sleeping outside of the warehouse on the ground. First i called Rick who told me to leave him alone, but I couldn't do that and I didn't feel safe with him hanging around. I called the cops on him--but nothing happened. I don't know if they showed up and if he convinced them he belonged there or whatever, but when I left for lunch and at the end of the day he was still there! But I called around and got information from some local shelters and treatment facilities who basically told me that they will take him in and rehabilitate him at no cost to us. So I got all excited about that and told Rick, he agreed it was a good thing but what I can't understand is his reluctance to bring his brother to the shelter. He says the guy is fragile emotionally and he doesn't wanna make things worse. WTF? I have tried and tried to explain to Rick that the treatment facilities have substance abuse counselors, medical doctors, and mental health experts at hand to help these types of people. I know it's selfish of me but I just want this guy out of my life until he gets his act together. I don't like him hanging around my house, my son or my workplace for that matter while he's on drugs. I can't get through to Rick and it's just frustrating the **** out of me. I have told Rick that he needs to be around more for me and Michael--he needs to be a better parent to his son, not his brother. It just bugs me like you can't imagine. I'm getting all worked up just typing this out. But thanks for listening guys. I had to get that off my chest. Any suggestions about making either of them see the light? Do I have to do the tough love thing and say, get help or get out? I wish I could... grrrrrrrr~

Sorry I don't have many more positive things to say but this is what is on my mind at the moment. I'll be back later when I'm feeling a little more calm
Old 09-17-2004, 05:11 PM   #119  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

{{{{Noelle}}}}} You can vent here all you want. I wished I had an answer for you but I dont. I do agree with you though, I wouldnt want a drug abuser hanging out around me or my kids even if he is family. If he is on hard drugs there is no telling what he may do. Rick must be a great brother because it sounds like he does alot for his family but what his brother needs is treatment. That being said....He may not be able to make him do it. He is going to want to do it for himself.

All I can say is that I sympathize with you. Sorry I wasnt any help.
Old 09-18-2004, 08:14 PM   #120  

Wink

Hey Ladies!

It's me - finishing up the wacky week and birthdaypaloozas. DH's birthday was yesterday and we had such an Amazing dinner . I am sorry to be so infrequent - I want to be here more!! between Michael, work, board, and the fundraiser (cookbook auction!!!!!!!!!!!) I'm a little scattered

Julie thanks for asking about the diet. I hate it - I hate the stomach ache it gives. I am trying to find something fun to eat - so my husband agreed to go to cooking classes with me! So maybe Mr. Picky Eater can find something we both like. I was at the farmers market today and all the fresh fruits and veggies I Love! I had to get concord grapes....

Noelle I agree with you about the influence you do not want around your kids. I don't know much about substance abuse but I do know half the time they do not know what they are thinking. I think Rick needs to seriously consider what may be best for his brothers health now so he can have a future. He may be emotionally fragile - but he probably was that when he started and has only gone down hill from there. There is no uphill unless he gets a push uphill....okay I'll stop now too. I'm sorry I just wish I could be more of a help! I like the new Avatar! I would love to see Bangkok. If I had a choice I would probably say I wish I was in Vienna or Provence.

Kempy I am glad you were spared the awful weather. One of my clients lost his home and he found out via TV when a helicopter flew over and was showing arial shots because the road was washed out in places. Treat that arm well! I hope you are 100% soon.

Angie how is your family? Are you still thinking of moving? Lucky girl you get lobster! DOS Window - go to your control panel and under help they should get you there - the command prompt window should be an option.

Cal you sound so well! I hope you enjoyed your day without students and your trip to California soon. Lucky you and Angie get to meet! One day...I swear!

Quote:
It's not the hours you put in your work that counts, it's the work you put in the hours. Sam Ewing

be well. live well. love well.

Summer
GEMonster is offline   Reply With Quote