Old 09-05-2004, 09:35 AM   #16  

Hi all. Very busy weekend, it seems. Happy, glad to hear from you,. I hope you hear about a job soon. Good luck with your weekend goals. Derry, I hope you have a good weekend, and that your son is ok.

Not much new to report. Busy weekend. Having a lot of fun. Very active, and food is not too bad. Though I am binging on fresh tomatos I bought at a farmer's market - yellow and orange cherry tomatoes. Ymmmm.

Have a good one all.
jollygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2004, 05:37 PM   #17  
Never give up

S/C/G: 78 kg/71/65?

Height: 5'1.5"

Hi people. How are you all? Haven't been able to read posts, let alone write something. Too much work. Too little money. Have dragged my butt to the gym but my heart's just not in in. Oh well, better than nothing. I've stayed off sugar and that's a big plus I think though I never seem to see the weight loss with it. Guess I "compensate" by filling up on other things.

Sure wish I could get some goals going for September but with work still one giant question mark I am afraid I'll fail. Don't they say you shouldn't be afraid of failure though?

Well, take care all. Linda, sure hope your son has an easier time of it. It must be a constant worry for you.

Jolly, bingeing on fresh tomatoes?!! Way to go!

Later, all!
redballoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2004, 09:49 PM   #18  
Not Giving Up

Height: 5'9"

Hello everyone.

I cannot believe that it is September already. I actually do not know when the last time I posted was.
(But yes I have been reading mostly everyday what you were all doing.)
We have completed our first summer in the world of horse shows. Both Kristi and Lucky did very well for their first year of showing. I now know that we have to have a separate bank account to pay for next summer. Now we have to figure out where we are going to put Lucky. Move him back to the first farm that we were boarding him at with her other baby, (Wind Passer) or leave him where he is at now.
Between that and looking at acreages so that we can move and not have to worry about board the summer has flown on by.

Chachee I am so pleased that you are doing so well. It was so great to read that you were not stressed over your weigh in, and that you are so positive that you will just turn it all around by the end of the month. You are truly where I am aiming to be.

Happy I hope that you get good news from one of the jobs that you went for an interview with. I will brush the dust off my treadmill with you.

Jolly way to go on eating the tomatoes. Nothing tastes as good as fresh veggies from the farmers market. (Unless it is fresh veggies from your own garden which I don't have)
I hope that you are having a relaxing weekend.

Red I hope that you are doing ok.

Linda I hope that you have a good weekend. I enjoyed your pictures of your family on your last vacation. I hope that you take more to post this weekend. We don't ever go anywhere so I have to enjoy everyone elses pictures.

Raven I am sorry that the last stable didn't work out for you and the horses. I hope that all works out with this one. Are you still looking for a closer and cheaper place though, or are you just going to see how things work out?
I hope that Ian is having a good time. You and your daughter must be having a good time together working with the horses. The place that Lucky is at right now - they are having a horse whisperer type of trainer coming out on September 24. Chris Irvin - have you heard of him?

Well we got a new scale at work for weighing all the freight. It is a huge electronic scale, and I have been weighing myself everyday. It really makes you take notice when you have huge numbers right at eye level, and you don't have to squint and pretend you can't read the little numbers on the little scale at home. My biggest goals are to start to drink water and move my butt a little bit.

Happy maybe you should post our goals by pulling out our little goal fortunes from the jar again.

Must run we have a new little puppy, and I better put it outside. LOVE housetraining......

Miss chatting with everyone won't stay away so long now.

Sassy if you are out there, a big hello to you. To you to Tracy.
luckycharm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2004, 02:09 PM   #19  
Muffin Evergreen Diva

Hello Ladies!

Happy Monday to everyone. Just thought I would check in here and see how things were going.

Raven: Glad your stress level has cleared up some. Hey, I finally treated myself to having my nails put back on. Remember, that was my 25 pound loss reward that I never got around to doing. Feels nice and girly to have them done. 160's for you by month's end is totally attainable. You can do it, you have done it before, just focus.

Linda: I'm doing Core this week. Totally different than I thought I would be. Thought it would encourage my bingeing, but it hasn't. It's actually made me want to try new recipes and eat less. Amazing, huh? Get that control back, you are so close to goal!

Happy: I was wondering if you were still a nonsmoker. How is that going? Feel free to borrow any of my goals, I'd love to share them with you!

Red: Check in when you can! Good luck on your challenge.

Jolly: Attitude adjustments are hard, so good luck with yours. Do you ever notice it's so much easier helping a friend out of a funky mood, but when it comes to ourselves we are so hard on ourselves. Be good to yourself.

Ladies, I am down 9 pounds since last Thursday morning. Core seems to be working for me. We'll see if it holds up for Wednesday night's weigh in. Just the right thing to get me out of my slump.

Have a great day!

Chach
Chachee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2004, 08:13 PM   #20  

Hey all. Nothing new to report here. I ate really bad the last few days. I missed my owrkout today too. WAs too tired last night to groom the dogs, so did it this morning, and it took longer than I thought - no gym time. Now, I am too tired to bathe the dogs like I should. I just want to sleep. Weigh in tomorrrow should be very interesting -NOT. Can I just hibernate for the winter? I have my fat stored already.

I hope everyone else is doing better than me. Lucky, what kind of puppy, and what shows???? Tell more. Red, hope job situation sorts out.

Have a good week all.
Old 09-07-2004, 06:42 AM   #21  

I'm back! I was not a good ww person this weekend, and I am re-starting points vs. core this morning. I think the core program is a good one, but I totally lost it this weekend and won't even tempt you all by saying what I ate!
I am putting myself back on points in hopes that getting back to my "roots" of journalling will help get back what I lost.
I weigh in today as well, not expecting any losses, that's for sure!
Linda in chilly NH, 53 this moring
derrydaughter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2004, 06:44 AM   #22  

Two more things.... Chach, I do think core is a good plan and will go back on it again, maybe next week or at the end of this week, but journalling is so important when you've gone "off the wagon" and on a binge....
Also, thianks to everyone for their concern about my son. He's still not doing all that great, has another drs. appointment next Tuesday.
Linda
Old 09-07-2004, 09:40 AM   #23  

Hey all. Not a good start to the morning. Hopped on the scale, and had gained 2 pounds. That is what I get for making bad choices. It is not even like I am having battles with "Viruqua" and losing - I am just not caring what I put in my mouth. That is my goal for this week. To care about what I put in my mouth, and only fuel my body with the best.

Here's to a better week.
Old 09-07-2004, 10:47 AM   #24  
Student of the Hoof

Alright... I feel a bit like I got hit by a small truck. I managed to do hoofwork on one horse each day this weekend. For an experienced person, that would be about 20 minutes of work. For me, it's about an hour and a half workout. Add to that the bruises on my thigh and elbow from being kicked by Shadow three times. She'll get better, it's the pain in that fetlock causing her to lash out. It's a learning curve for both of us. Her, that I'm not going to beat her into paste if she yanks that foot back, and me, how long she can sustain weight on that joint OR flex it enough to give it to me to work on without it hurting so bad that she can't tolerate it and needs a break. We'll get there. Eve was just herky jerky... she just needs to learn to hold still. Arashi was so funny.. he rested his nose on my neck when I was doing his front feet and started to fall asleep. What a character. He loves me as long as I'm not making him run, eh?!

So yeah.. I definitely got a heck of a workout each day this weekend. This morning I was faced with the remnants of Frances, and one **** of a drive into work. Power out to lights, trees down across roads, trash cans blowing all over the place, tree limbs hitting my car... it was a mess. Took me two hours to get here, and by then I felt like I needed a stiff drink. Geez.

Sounds like we're all having a really, really hard time grabbing back our focus. Well, except Chachee.. I'm maintaining beautifully, which is something. But it's not enough, and I just don't seem to be able to push just that little bit harder to throw it into losing instead of maintaining. Not sure what's going on here.
RavenToy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2004, 12:06 PM   #25  
Muffin Evergreen Diva

Hello Lovely Ladies!

Linda: Sorry I missed the part about your son being ill. I hope things are okay. I will probably do like you once the Core newness wears off. I was down another pound this morning, for a total of 10 so far this week. Remember, though, I have a lot more to lose than you do!!

Lucky: Welcome back. Nice to see your cute face around here. I'm with Jolly, what kind of puppy??

Jolly: Tell that Veriqua to get back in the closet and stop making you behave badly! Want Bat to come visit? He's a bit dusty, but ready to travel!! Let me know...

Raven: I'm up for a good stiff drink!!! Tell me where and when!! You must have some nice color on your body from your bruises! Can you play connect the green and purple dots?? And I think for you to maintain with everything going on in your life is amazing--give yourself a break. Once your boy is home it will be easier!

Okay, one more day until weigh in for me. You know what I love about this thread? When one of us is having a down week, there is always someone else who is doing really well. For me, with the gains as of late, I was really inspired by Jolly and her successes! Now, when she is maybe struggling a little, I'm here having a good week. I love it that we support each other and can be there for each other.

We all have different means of getting there, but all have the same desired end result--being healthier and losing the excess weight. I'm so glad we are all here for the encouragement, help and tough love that we get. (Thank you Happy!)

Happy Tuesday.

Chach
Old 09-07-2004, 12:34 PM   #26  
Student of the Hoof

Oh and ... I really just have to crow about my daughter for just a second. She put together that pretty little avatar for me. It's a picture of my Arashi Rei as he's cantering by her when I was working him in the round pen. She got that and then put the kanji (japanese) for his name on it. I thought it was so SWEET! Aw. *sniffle*

Ok, just had to mention that. Thank you Red. You're one of the coolest chicks around. We all are here in this thread, eh? We so rock.

Chach - Thank you for your pats... I just wish I knew what was holding me back. I do want to lose... I just can't seem to want it enough to make it a priority. Ten pounds!! OMG! What is this core stuff. Water!?!?! Geez! The incredible shrinking woman. My bruises are just starting to really blossom today. They were pretty deep, so the first day there were no marks at all. Today I'm seeing some lovely blue and greens surface. *lol* If it gets vibrant enough, maybe I'll take a pic and post it. Congrats on your loss, lady!
RavenToy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2004, 03:29 PM   #27  

How could you possibly lose 10 pounds in one week, Chach? I'm intrigued, but are you eating at all????
Well, here I am ashamed of myself. I gained 1.8 pounds. This is so sad as I was doing so well and went into the 140s, finally. I have to do better. What's worse is that ww is looking for help right now and I could get a job working for them if I were within 10 pounds of my goal, as I am a Lifetime member.
I'm so bummed.
HOWEVER.... I came to a decision today about the core plan and have decided to stay on it. I wasn't on ANY plan this weekend, I just blew it. So, have no one to blame but me, not the plan. However, I have started journalling again and tracking points as well as eating core foods. We'll see how this works for a few days and maybe I'll feel comfortable going back to not journalling if I see the scale move a bit?
Have to get control, have to get back to where I was.....
Why did the chocolate thing grab me this weekend more than usual? Why didn't I order GOOD choices in the restaraunts? I knew better, but I went on a binge. What a jerk!
So, here I am getting back to work.
Linda
Old 09-07-2004, 04:15 PM   #28  
Muffin Evergreen Diva

Linda, 10 pounds so far is kinda easy for me, and let me explain how.

First, remember that I gained 9 pounds from surgery and from not eating well at all for the entire month of August. As is with any new program, I'm really paying attention to what I am eating and being very mindful right now. I've used about 3-5 points per day, on non-core foods.

Second, I usually really blow it on the weekends, sometimes being up around 5-6 pounds from the damage I do. Well, I chose not to blow it this weekend, so I didn't have that deficit going into this week. Amazing, because given the fact I was off work Friday and Monday I didn't go crazy, which I usually do. I had one slice of pizza and two plates full of salad at Chuck E Cheese this weekend, and two helpings of Watergate salad two nights ago, but those were my old splurges.

Third, my mom left and the crap food left my house also, as I cleaned it out and threw it out. Not having it around makes it eating to not that those little "bites" that usually add up to points that we don't count. I know I am guilty of that.

Lastly, I think I was having stress retention and water retention from the surgery. Pain pills and anestesia take about a month to get out of your system, so I am right along the right time frame for the rest of it to come off. Also, with my mom here I was stressed, and I know that makes your body "hold onto" food and fat for storage purposes.

So it has been easy, so far, to have it gone. I am sure it will slow down next week and level out, but I think the biggest thing is that I am paying such close attention to what I am eating. And WATER WATER WATER!! Usually about 96 oz of water a day.

Oh, and I am eating!! A typical day for me is:

B: oatmeal w/Splenda and cinnamon, Diet Coke with Lime
S: fruit, coffee
S: veggies
L: soup or salad with tuna
S: ff Kettle corn
D: meat (usually chicken), steamed veggies, brown rice or potato
S: WW ice cream dessert--where my 2 points usually come from.

See, I'm constantly eating!!! I'd be happy to pm some food ideas to you if you want.

See ya

Chach
Old 09-07-2004, 04:42 PM   #29  

It is probably the surgery and after affects, then, Chach, as your day and my "good" days are very similar. I am still so bummed about my gain. No one but me shoved those peanut M+Ms into my eager mouth, though! Bad girl!
I'm heading out to another ww meeting in a few minutes, taking my daughter, but I'll be paying special attention myself!
Linda
Old 09-07-2004, 09:48 PM   #30  

Hey all. Real quick post, before off to bed. I went to my TOPS meeting tonight. I had a 3 pound loss, was the loser of the week, AND was the loser of the month for August. I don't know how I had the loss for the week, but am glad. It really helped get me motivated again. I had told myself if I had a loss for the night (since I totally thought I would not), I could go to McDonald's for dinner. They have the Cheddar Melt this month which I love. But, after seeing the scale go in the right direction, I decided ot come home, have a salad and a sugar free yogurt. I feel good.

Here's to good choices for everyone.