Old 09-02-2004, 09:29 PM   #31  
GmaTo8

Hey chat ladies, I decided to come back on using the battery and everyone was gone! I seldom use the battery since the laptop is hooked up to a printer and phone line anyway. The storm is still going on, but not as bad.

I'll go back to chat in a little while as see if anyone else showed....

Julie and Katy - lol, it just dawned on me that I said in chat that I've lost 3" on my thighs since Father's Day... make that since I started in January! Father's Day is when I got the treadmill! I bet you both were thinking... No Way!!! Gotta overlook the old gal!
Jane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2004, 01:17 AM   #32  

Height: 5'1"

Hello girls...I'm getting ready for bed so I thought I would stop in for a bit and yap. (the thing I do best)

Mindee--Yes...they cover Soy also. At least they did when I had Jhanai. We almost put her on that when she was first put on formula....but things got better so I didn't. I hope things between you & hubby get better. I'm glad that you're not using food as a comfort thing.

Jana--Thank you! Was very excited about getting the job. And the hours aren't so bad since I've been up late the last few weeks.....was hoping to get the job so been kind of getting myself used to being up. Was fun chatting.....too bad no one else showed up!

Did some running around my house to find my high school diploma and my certificate from LCC. (Lane Community College) Nothing like tearing through my house!! Been doing that a lot lately it seems. But it's slowly getting organized. The recycling company has to love me (or hate me).....my recycle box has been JAMMED PACKED the last few weeks! Also ran up to Eugene today and got my SS card all fixed up and changed. The idea of seeing my former last name on all the paper work for my new job just about freaked me out. Can't have that. So made sure it was dealt with.

I have a busy morning tomorrow.....going to get the drug screening done, go grab some packet of info I need to fill out and then have a health assessment. I hate running around in Eugene. But....gotta do what the company wants me to do!

Well, time for me to clean my face and go to bed.

Nighty night!
Marti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2004, 08:32 AM   #33  
GmaTo8

Smile

Good Friday morning to you!

Marti - yep, chat was fun. Sorry I was a party pooper, but I had just walked on the treadmill and wanted a shower to ease my muscles, lol. It's great that you are already used to the schedule at OML. Now if you can wade through all the red tape, you'll be ok! I bet you like seeing your new last name on all the paperwork... I know I did when Neal and I got married.

A big hello to all you MIA Jaded Ladies.

I offered to watch the DGDs this morning while Mary goes to a mandatory meeting, but that's no biggie. Then after lunch, I'm going to my sister Maggie's house to help celebrate her birthday. She usually works days, but took today off.

I've done pretty darn good with Core this week, and hope to see some loss tomorrow, then bid that program adieu!

BBL,
Old 09-03-2004, 10:01 AM   #34  

Good Morning Ladies!
It's a gorgeous day here in CT- so I feel a little guilty being inside, at the computer! I am off from work today, so wanted to take a few minutes to talk with you.
Mindee- I second what Marti said about your weight fluctuating! I just had an experience like that today! Yesterday was my weigh in day and it showed no loss , but I dutifully recorded it. I was bad today and got on the scale again- BUT,it showed a 1 pound loss! I didn't do anything different between yesterday and today- it's just one of those things...So, cut yourself some slack...keep doing what you're doing. It's gonna happen!
Julie-Holy Cow- a nail gun? Sorry I was reading posts kinda backwards! How is your son? How old is he, anyway? No matter how old- that is scary!

Well, today I have alot I have to do- just a matter of prioritizing. Pretty high up on the list is going to Curves- should do it first, in fact! Also have to go to WalMart for various things. It's funny, you were talking about Costco, etc.. I work at BJ's and have a free membership there. I hardly get anything there cause the packages are enormous! I can't fit a 50 pound bag of dog food in my cabinet! I find you really have to comparison shop, too. I rarely buy name brand things- unless I know I really like that item, you know? One thing the membership is really good for is gas. I just paid $1.83 a gallon at BJ's and everywhere else here is $1.99. With all the driving I do- that's pretty significant!
Hubby off today too- so will work with him outside on the yard. We've both been working alot and it's starting to look a little jungle-y out there! Might even get him to come along on WalMart trip!!
Gonna go have another shot of coffee and get going- Talk to ya later! Barb
barb64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2004, 10:11 AM   #35  
a work in progress

Default Good morning from one of the MIA's!

Hiya ladies, long time no see I've missed you all...

My life has been chaos lately, working overtime and all different shifts, and hubby and son both starting college. Today is my day off, though, so I get a four day weekend for Labor Day, yay! Gotta take my cat the evil demon princess Chloe to the vet for shots -- and I'm NOT looking forward to that ordeal. She doesn't like strangers to touch her, or even look at her too hard, so this should be quite a party. Whoo hoo. My husband thinks she is schizophrenic, and I'm thinking he might be right. Aw, but I love her anyway.

I've read through the last few threads, and it's hard to catch up with everything...

Angie how is Brandon's hand, and how is vacation? (you probably won't answer this until you get home) Why did you pick Cuba? Do you have family there?

Marti, glad you got the job...how will your new hours work for Jhanai? Good thing you got your name changed on your SS card. I forgot to, and didn't think about it until I couldn't file my taxes online because the name didn't match! What a pain...all corrected now, though...

Mindee, WIC is a great program. I was on it with my kids, and they give you vouchers for all kinds of things -- formula (yep, soy was covered), and baby cereal, and when he is eating table food, things like peanut butter, cereal, milk, juice, cheese....good healthy stuff I didn't feed my kids much baby food from jars and such, did get the boxes of cereal, but when they were ready for table food I mostly fed them things like unsweetened applesauce (we went through VATS of that), mashed bananas, mashed potatoes or sweet potatoes, and when they were ready for dairy stuff yogurt and cottage cheese.

Cristi, meant to tell you before, but it's been forever since I've been on here...thanks so much for the last "just because" card you sent It was so nice to get something in the mail that wasn't "pay this now!'" heehee...and nice to know you were thinking of me, too.

RosieKate, the story of your son in Costco made me laugh...my middle son, who is now 18 and living with us, going to college, has always been the negotiator and "deal-maker". He would argue, debate, wheedle, persuade -- I told him he was either gonna end up a lawyer or a used car salesman. He is taking pre-law classes now, Argumentation and Debate, and Logic and Critical Thinking. Biggest problem is, now he is getting even better and more persuasive in his arguments! Darn college is ruining him...

My oldest son, just turned 21 and is in the Air Force, is getting deployed on the 6th. Not to Afghanistan or Iraq, thank God -- he is going to Diego Garcia, a naval support base about 2000 miles south of the coast of India. Please keep him in your prayers. I just wish they were all coming home.

I have my whole birthday week off work, 20th-24th, and on the 22nd we are driving down to Disneyland!!! I'm such a big kid -- Disneyland is my favorite place on the planet, and I think I'd rather go there than to...Paris (well, maybe, never been to Paris before). For the first time in my life, I will get to stay at the Disneyland Hotel. I'm so excited! We always try to do something a little different when we go -- this time we are taking a "Walk In Walt's Footsteps" tour that's supposed to show a lot of behind the scenes stuff -- like Disney's personal apartment in New Orleans Square, and the lobby of Club 33, an exclusive, members-only club that Disneyland denied for years that it even existed. It will be so good to get away for a few days. Guess I'd better get started cleaning my house before my trip -- got a lot to do!

hope to see you soon,
Katiecat
Katiecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2004, 12:17 PM   #36  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Smile

Hi & Happy Friday Ladies!

Marti~CONGRAT'S on the job!!!!! I had a feeling you would get it. I hope the hours work out for you. Hope you are getting everything done that needs to be done. About the name change, I never gave it much thought when I married. Because I had kids I kept my first married name for a while. Since they are older I do use V's name but also both. I struggled with that for the longest time, like I didn't want to let go. V didn't care which name I used and it still doesn't bother him so although on most documents (the legal ones) they have his surname, on a lot of other things I use both. It's just so long to sign both...

Mindee~geez, with the price of formula they make it to where you almost have to breastfeed! Sorry to hear about you and DH, I do hope everything works out for the best and very proud that you didn't turn to food.

Katie~so glad to see you, missed ya! And you are welcome for the card. Special thoughts and prayers for your son. And I know you will enjoy Disneyland-who doesn't! I love that place too even though we have been so many times, it's magical and makes you feel like a little kid. The tour sounds awesome. I never stayed in the Disneyland hotel, of course with living just an hour away there was no need. But it would have been cool for the kids.

Barb~it was my son who did the nail gun thing. He is fine now and it is healing. Not sure yet what they will do about the break/chip if anything. He's 22 yrs. old. and it was scary, for me anyway. Of course I am a worry wart. When we went to the emergency room they told us they see that kind of stuff all the time. One guy had shot a nail through his leg when it was bent and couldn't straighten it. OUCH!

Jana~I never saw the original Manchurian Candidate or read the book. I did know it was a remake but I am curious now...I must say except for the ding dong chomping on popcorn, ice and eating through out the whole movie it was good. I swear I have never in my life ever heard anyone make as much noise as this woman did, not even a kid or crying baby!

Julie~hope today is a better day for ya.

Angie~I didn't even think about the hurricane when I mentioned hope you are having a great time, till Marti mentioned it. Hope it isn't anywhere around you guys.

What about your family Marti? Is this anywhere close to them? I haven't been keeping track of it and really have no idea where it is supposed to hit or when. And can't remember where your family lives there.

Hi to everyone else, Shanna, RosieKate, Kathy, Sue, Susan, Jen, and anyone I may have forgotten.

As usual, not much going on today or the weekend for that matter. V will be working the weekend so I will probably do housecleaning and getting some reading done, maybe some scrapbooking. Labor Day weekend isn't that big of a deal for us, as with some of the other holidays if you will so no special plans. It is just a day off of work for everyone Monday. As for today just doing laundry and ironing. Sorry didn't make it to chat last night. DS was online doing some spanish homework, for some reason it wouldn't come up on his computer so he took over ours. I will make chat sometime soon I am hoping.

Whatever your plans for the weekend I hope you have a good one. And if any of you are traveling have a safe trip. Take care ladies. TTFN

Last edited by FrouFrou; 09-03-2004 at 01:02 PM.
FrouFrou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2004, 03:15 PM   #37  
RosieKate

Hello ladies - just quick hi to everyone today - such a busy day for me! Please say a little prayer for my cousin in Clermont. FL. She just sent an email saying that Hurricane Frances is expected to hit soon and the eye is supposed to pass right over their town. They are not evacuating and are as prepared as they could possibly be...but I'm still scared! They emerged from Charley in good shape...So i just pray they get through this one alright, too

Have a great day, everyone!
Katy
Old 09-03-2004, 03:52 PM   #38  
GmaTo8

Hiya...

Angie - hope you are far away from Frances!!!

Cristi - Labor Day isn't really that big of a deal for us, either. Not sure what we're going to do. I know what you mean about the popcorn chomper! Some people act like they're never gonna get any again, lol. One of my big pet peeves is hearing/watching people who chew with their mouths open - yuk.

Katy - prayers going from Indiana to Florida for your cousin! Also for my friend Barb who lives there, and a few misc. relatives.

Marti - hope you get done today all the stuff you need to for the job!

Hi to all the JLs out there...

I had a good time with my sister and am about ready for a nap. <yawn> She offered me some of her birthday cake, but I made sure I ate right before I went over, so it was easy to say No Thank You.

BBL,
Old 09-03-2004, 04:23 PM   #39  

Hello ladies!!

Just got home. I came in here and noticed I never logged out of here!

Jana--I do like seeing James name next to mine.....much nicer than my ex! And I'm sure James appreciates it too! I got a call from James as you left chat last night...so your timing was perfect. It's nice to chat even if it's for a little bit.

Barb--How do you like Curves? Most women I have met who have gone there like it because it's women only. But I'm not sure about the time limit you get with each machine. I really like the big gyms....seeing all the in shape people working out really gets me going.....kiind of like I'm trying to look like them!

Katie--Hi MIA lady! I hope my new schedule will work ok with Jhanai.....I always manage to adjust if needed though. With Sony....I never had the same days off....so I just took her on MY every other weekend. Glad to see ya! I like how your son is now into law school!

Cristi--Thank you!! I was pretty happy to get the job. I had all you girls sending good vibes so it just had to be! As for my family...I have both a sister and brother in Florida....my brother is closer to the coastline...they have no power. So I really have no idea what's happening. My sister called my mom....she packed a bunch of stuff already.....just in case. I'll just pray that everyone in that area is safe!!

Katy--I will pray for your family too!! It's scary knowing you have family over there and not knowing what's going to happen!! Everyone will be in my thoughts!

Hello to anyone I may missed. Well I have company coming over so I better straighten up.

chat with you all later
Old 09-03-2004, 04:57 PM   #40  

Default Good Afternoon Girls

Hi everyone!!!!!

Sorry Katy and Jana about chat last night, I was so tired I could barely keep my eyes open... I see your storm wasnt too bad Jana???

I have to say that I've been watching a lot on this Hurricane Francis, I hope
none of you have family who are drastically hurt by the storm...I have family in North Carolina, my mother is there visiting right now, shes supposed to come home tuesday, but now they're worried the storm may turn towards them!!! Hopefully it's not as terrible as they are making it.......

MARTI: CONGRATS ON THE JOB. I know how hard you've been hoping for it.....So best of luck!!!

**JANA how is the CORE program for WW going? There is a WW group of girls at my work, and they said that people really arent too crazy about it, because it's very limited!! I thought you has said you were trying it, just wondering if you were having any luck???

Well Im very mixed up today, I havent worked out, cause my friend of the month showed up and I feel crampy....so Im having a hard time getting motivated tonight!!! Maybe after dinner, we'll see!!!

Well have a nice night, I'll check back later
Julie
jewels2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2004, 05:51 PM   #41  
kitty Momo

Thanks Jana & Cristi for the cards. That was sweet- you didn't have to do that.

I don't have much to say. I started work early so will leave early tonight. There was a position that I wanted to apply for ( btw- congrats Marti!) but I need to get it in by Tuesday, been dragging my butt on it.Think I would just settle in for the winter- like a squirrel, with this job.

Gaby went with her father until tomorrow to the coast. The last hurrah before we stop the weekly visits. I don't think it is good for Gaby- she seems tired and if she isn't tired she is sassy.........like her mommy..lol.

Rachel & Rebecca are excited about school and I need to take them one last time to shop for clothes.

I bought myself some sunflowers and a nice white table cloth- made me feel pampered-

Pooped, so I am going to go- just wanted to say hello.
Mom2Gaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2004, 10:53 PM   #42  

Hello ladies--

Spent some time doing some scrapbooking with Shanna....actually I didn't do anything...pretty much watched Shanna do pages!!

Julie--Hope you start feeling better soon....I'm having the same issues!! TOM always decides to come at the wrong time! (which is everytime!)

Susan--I LOVE Sunflowers!! I went and picked some Dahlia's from my grandpa's garden yesterday....I don't think I picked enough....my vase is much bigger than the bouquet!! I hope you and your girls have a fun time getting some clothes. And I'm really glad that you popped in to say hi!! Missed ya!

I think I better make some kind of dinner. Chicken wings and squash.

You all have a good night.
Old 09-03-2004, 11:39 PM   #43  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

HI Ladies~

Just checking in once more to see how everyones day went.

Jana~good for you for passing on the cake.

Marti~I hope you like the job.

Susan~you are so very welcome for the card! We miss you when you don't post. When do the kids start school? I know you probably mentioned it before but I can't remember, old age! Oh, I too love sunflowers!

RK~consider it done. I think we should just pray for everyone down there.

Very uneventful day for me today. I did manage to get my laundry done and that is about all. Was on the computer for a few hours just surfing the net. Not really looking up anything, just a little bit of everything. Take care ladies and have a wonderful weekend! TTFN
FrouFrou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2004, 01:28 AM   #44  
kitty Momo

Night-

I am heading home.

I have the cards on the table Cristi, placed under the sunflowers. They are my favorite-
School starts on Wednesday!! Time goes so fast and I feel sad I miss so much of their every day activities. I call though and they are always out and about with friends.

I went out with my best friend, who is a co worker at a different complex.She works a full day job- plus the part time evening one. Anyway,we went to dinner and had a margarita and got tipsy...lol. It was fun. We walked home and she said she would walk all the way to my place - which would have left her walking back to her place by herself....
I guess we could have done that all night..........walk each other back and forth.....lol.

I will try and go to sleep. I am not sleeping good lately. The place is neat as a pin......just need Gaby home.

night
Mom2Gaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2004, 02:32 AM   #45  
starting over again......

S/C/G: 261.4/261.4/200

Height: 5'4"

Hello ladies…..how are you all doing?

Nothing new here, same stuff different day. Well, we thought that we got rid of Brandon’s cold, but his cough is back. But he is still happy and his normal self, so nothing to worry about it.

Well…..I am happy to report I weighed in, and I am now at 240lbs!! I lost the 8lbs, I gained and the one pesky one that was hanging on for dear life! We had to go out walking today because my hubby needed to get some cold medicine, because his sinus’ are acting up, plus he might have caught Brandon’s cold. Anyways….after we left Rite Aid (where I weighed in at) we went by Baskin Robbins, well he wanted an ice cream because his throat was sore. And to my surprise I did NOT get one! I got a water at the grocery store instead!

Marti~ Brandon was on plain Similac formula when he was born, but then we found out that he is allergic to milk so we had to change it!

Barb~ Thanks for that pep talk! I needed it!

Katiecat~ Thanks for letting me know about the WIC stuff. My parents have been on it in the past and with some of my younger brothers/sisters they are on it now. I will keep your son in my thoughts and prayers during this time….and until he comes home!

Cristi~ Thanks for the comments. Things are better with me and DH. I know what you mean about the prices and pushing towards breastfeeding! I know now that with our next one, I will breastfeed from the getgo so we don’t have to have a hassle with formula. But if I have the same problem then that I did with Brandon, we might have no choice.

Katy~ I am definitely keeping your cousin and her family in my prayers during this time. I heard on the news that a lot of people are saying that with Charlie being just 3 weeks ago, that it will be tough to make out from this one since they are so close together.

ok....now I need to get to bed!

hi to the ladies that I missed!!
tommysgirl18 is offline   Reply With Quote