Old 08-31-2004, 11:59 AM   #16  
SAHM ?!? of 4............

Good Morning Everyone!!!

QOTD: No!!! Most of the time I make the decisions, as far as say, purchases and such, but always discuss them with dh. If he has any objections then we discuss it and come to an agreement. He trusts my opinion and says that's why he loves me....because I am who I am, not for how I look and I let him be who he wants to be. Of course he had a bad first marriage and could never go anywhere without her showing up right behind him, not even his parents or brother's house. So he still asks me if it's ok with me if he goes....it's only about 3 miles to either one. I told him when we first met that if he wants to go then go. Family is the most important thing there is and he needs to spend time with them. I don't always go with him but he takes dd, since she is 1 of only 3 grandchildren. He always asks me if there is anything planned before he decides to do something. For instance, he called me last night from work and told me that they said anyone who wanted to take this next weekend off because they already had plans, could go ahead without any penalty. They had said they were going to shut down for the whole weekend then changed that. He had wanted to go to a Cowboy Action shoot but had nixed the idea when they decided to work. Now he gets to go and wants me and the kids to come too and pitch tent and camp overnight with him. And he will only come up 4 hours short on pay, which is a good thing. But the fact is, he called me to ask if I was alright with it before he talked to the supervisor. Okay, I'm rattling again. Why do I always do that. Never mind, I can answer that one. Because all of you are the only ones I really have to talk to. My used-to-be-best friend and I had a major falling out a couple months ago and I won't talk to her and she hasn't tried to contact me either so you are my outside friends and support.

Jaymi: Keep It Up Girlfriend......We all know you can do it.

Geri: WTG on the loss. Keep going.......you can get there.

Crystal: It will all work out eventually. I know it can be frustrating, but patience may be the key. Not to mention that you may have to go with dh's ideas and see how they work out. I know that isn't probably what you want to hear, but sometimes you have to look at things from his side too. I'm sure you probably have, and I know it's hard sometimes to give in against what you want. I know I am a very strong, independent thinker and hate to be shot down too. But it will works itself out for the best....in time. BTW, I liked Spryng's idea of The Little House of Coffees.

Mel: Just a thought.....maybe try giving bugga a cup of milk before bed.....maybe even strawberry, the chocolate might make him worse.....will he drink it warm? My 3rd ds was a preemie too, 6 weeks early, but I never really had trouble with him til he was about 3. He started, and still does, get up and not really awake, starts walking through the house. Sometimes it's to go potty but for the most part he is sleepwalking. I have to gently grab his shoulders and guide him to the bathroom or he may try to go outside. It scares me sometimes to think that he could do that while I'm sleeping but I don't think he would get far. We live in the country so he couldn't really get anywhere. Thankfully he's never done that. Just a thought. How early was he?

Leigh: Great that you got all unpacked. That has to be the worst part of vacation.

Jill: Hope your date with dh was fun. We have one scheduled for weekend after next. Local street fair where dh grew up and went to school so we will probably go to the beer garden to visit with ppl he hasn't seen forever and do some dancing

Spryng: How in the world could I ever keep up with another forum? I have enough trouble getting here more than once a day.....lol.

I think I covered everyone, if not i apologize.

OK here it is....WI.....3 more gone I'm on my way !!!!!

I got up early today, got dressed, got my coffee, watched the news for a bit, then did my 1 mile WATP, folded a load of laundry, unloaded and loaded the dishwasher, took out the trash, etc., etc. Need to go to the grocery store today and start deep cleaning another room.

Will try to get back later. Have a Great Day.
Deana1113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2004, 12:05 PM   #17  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

S/C/G: 208/162/135

Height: 5' 2.5"

Hi Ladies.....

a quickie from me......lol

I gotta run back to town today b/c I forgot the boys toothpaste and some odd and end things.....

Wouldn't want my kids to have stinky teeth.....lol

OH btw,
QOTD: Hubby and I also discuss everything but more times out of ten I am the one that has the best game plan....lol But we do whatever WE both feel is best for the situation!
mompen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2004, 12:15 PM   #18  
Curves 6-week solution

S/C/G: 159/159/135

Height: 5'4"

Hey everyone hope you are all having a good morning. I thought I was really losing it when I read SAHM Wednesday!! I finally convinced myself it was really Tuesday and decided Crystal just must have made a mistake LOL Well not much planned for today except some cleaning and a search for Harvest Moon! LOL According to my flylady journal today will be my big cleaning day once school starts but I really don't have that much to clean today so I think I will take it easy and maybe work on Bayleys party instead.

Ok QOTD: My dh and I are totally equal and he actually doesn't like to make most of the decisions. If it is something really big then we will talk about it and are in agreement after little discussion but small things he just leaves up to me because he trusts that I will make the right decision. I do not see how anyone could live happily in a relationship when their opinion was not valued or taken into consideration. It's common curtesy to talk about things and hear both sides of the story and to value ones opinion when making large decisions. Sorry but that's just the way I feel. I don't think God looks down on people who have equal relationships, it's a partnership.

Anway moving on from that LOL

Mel that does make sense that bugga would have some sleeping issues if he was preemie. I had heard or read that somewhere. I'm glad you are getting a hold of someone to check it out. Good luck on that. Did your dh have a good party last night?

Leigh you can make 140! Just keep making mini goals and try not to think of the long term goal just yet. You can make it!!

Spryng glad you got some rest last night. I got home and I don't think anyone was signed onto Yahoo! I felt so alone! I was tired too though so I ended up going to bed at a decent hour for once!! LOL I think my exercise caught up with me too! I think I will have to forgo the gym again cause Bayleys nose is still runny, I have some weighs here though so I think I might do some weight training at home. Anyway what's for dinner tonight?

Jaymi your awesome!! Keep it up!!

Kristin pregnant?!! That would be so excting, you should see a doc though in case your not and your dizzy for no reason. Keep us posted on what is going on!

Ok girls I need to do something besides sit on this thing all day LOL I'll be back a little later!
Bayleysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2004, 12:16 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 307/187/130

QOTD: I'm the decision maker in my household since I have more sense jk but I am the main decision maker here

hope you all have a good day!! I'll post longer in a little bit~~
Love to all
Michelle
MichelleRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2004, 12:51 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Hello again!

Got back a little while ago from shopping. I hadn't eaten breakfast yet so I came straight in and made me a leftover taco junk burrito and boy did it fill me up fast! That stuff is loaded with protein. I'll post the recipe after this post for anyone who is interested.
But I also rented a couple movie... Laws of Attraction and Twisted, the first is a romantic comedy and the second a thriller! (ashley judd) I'm looking forward to both.
Oh, dinner tonight will be a big roast that is in the crockpot right now with potatos, carrots and onions. Smells good in here already. I'm thinking about making some home made corn bread to go with it because that is core also. But I'm debating.

Jill, I hope you can find that game! But let me tell you, when you do your house may suffer.. lol.. it can be addicting!

Penny, stinky teeth? LOL.. maybe slimy teeth.. but breath stinks, never got close enough to see if the teeth actually had an odor, LOL! Hope you got that toothpaste ASAP!! Just messing with ya!

Deana, sounds like ou have got alot done already today, and congrats on your loss!!! What plan are you on again?

Leigh, you'll have to keep me updated on the scott peterson trial.. any new evidence come out recently??

Jaymi, you can never ask too many questions so keep firing them at me ok?? It keeps my mind active, lol. But your posts have really changed recently... you sound happy and optimistic!! I LOVE IT!!

OK, I need to get off here. TTYL!
spryng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2004, 12:57 PM   #21  
**Kristin**

Talking Good Afternoon! (ALMOST)

Well, It feels good to be back to seeing you ladies all again, I have lots to tell ya'll so I will just summarize and then later on when I get the munchkin down for a nap, I can get personal!
First of all, I have RESTARTED on plan today! Yee-hah for me! I am so excited to try and actually LOSE weight again, this maintaining thing is getting boring! I got all my WW stuff out and looked it all over to refresh my memory....I checked out the core program, but to me that sounds like something that you do after you lose the weight, like a lifer would do...am I right Spryng? I don't know, but I think I will just work on getting the points system perfected first and then try core later on when this becomes a habit!
I FINALLY got my computer all straightened out, and said "screw it!" and stayed up last night until 3 AM and did a system restore and cleaned it up and now it is back to normal and fast again, and everything, so that is good too!
I also got YAHOO MESSENGER! So, instead of me going through all of your profiles and adding you to my list, will you all just add me to yours, and I can get a pop back (I think) and accept it and add you to my list, if that makes sense! Is there a yahoo chat group that you all have set up already (sorry if this is old news, I am getting there!), if so, let me know where it is!
Dh leaves on the 7th, and I am okay with it. I think it will be good, I am very independant and I think that Sydney and I will be fine! We will miss him, but hey my house will stay clean while he is gone! haha!
About my sickness/pregnancy thing...not sure what is up, still haven't had TOM, and haven't been dizzy/nauseated for a day or 2 now. Called my OB, she said to wait until the 5ht or 10th of September, take another P-test and see if it is positive, and after that, she wants to see me regardless of the results! So, cross your fingers that I am pregnant! I would love that, sh would too. We have be doing the "not trying but not preventing" thing for a few months now. If I am not pregnant by the end of the year, then, we will start actually "trying" for a baby.
Still have my parents dog here, only another 20 days though, so that is good, she is feeling a lot better and is on a medicine that is working for her disease which ended up not being arthritis, but leptosperosa...a type of blood disease that she got from killing an infected bird, or rabbit or something. So she has minimal kidney damage and her joint pain is completely gone!

okay - now the book has been written, I will answer the QOTD, and get off to get lunch and put dd down for a snoozy and see you all in a little bit!

QOTD: I feel that I am more appreciated, especially after he had to stay at home with sydney one day while I was gone! We make most decisions together, and at least run the little things by each other so we know what is going on. dh and I both make major decisions depending on what it is. I think that it is important to be equal in a marriage. It does say be submissive to your husband in the bible, however, it also says that he will hold you in high esteem and have the ut-most respect for your place in the world too..so if you ask me, it sounds like a give and take relationship to me! My dh does a great job of listening to me, and if he thinks my idea or whatever won't work, he explains why, and from then on I pick or choose which battle I really want to fight! he does the same! Some things are jsut not worth it, and other times, its incredibly important to get your feelings out, even if the other one gets hurt in the process, that is what life is all about, emotions, and understanding. We don't fight alot, but I do think that if you are arguing about something there is a reason that shouldn't be ignored, its because you care, or have a strong emotion about something....it is important to get all of that out! okay...counselor Kristin has stepped off her soap box for the time being...thanks for listening to me ramble for the half hour it took me to write this! haha...

Talk to you all later !
sydsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2004, 01:18 PM   #22  

Spryng: I'm not on any plan. I eat what I like and count calories. I'm limited to 1500 per day and feel so much more energy. I'm eating 3 meals and 3 snacks every day and balancing calories between all of it. If I see something has too many calories and I don't want to waste them, then I just settle for something else. I'm not a picky eater....which is how I got this way, along with having 4 kids......so it's not hard for me to find something. And I have become so much more conscious about looking at calories when I shop. I was going to watch carbs, fat, all that but decided it was too much for me just starting. This seems to be working so therefore I will just stick with it. If when it gets too cold outside, I slow down on loss, I will lower my limit to 1200 per day. Thanks for the kudos.

Kristin: Congrats on getting puter running smooth again. Wish I could get mine back that way. I really need to go get a cd burner so ds can burn his cd's and take them all off here. That would help I'm sure. They have an external at Office Depot that is 89.97 before istant saivngs and rebate, then it comes out to just 49.97. I just need to get there. It's like 25 miles from here and I rarely leave town if I don't have to. Maybe I'm just too much of a home-body

Well back to it. Dd is hungry, need to get her lunch. Later
Old 08-31-2004, 01:28 PM   #23  

BTW.....Kristin, which windows do you use. XP jsut released a new service pack that has a pop-up blocker with it. If you have XP, just go to the microsoft website and find the download for Service Pack 2. It helps with the pop-ups and you can set it how you want it to prevent. Also, don't use ad-aware. It in itself is basically adware. I also had spybot for a while and hated it. Good luck.
Old 08-31-2004, 02:10 PM   #24  
Walking away the weight

The looonnnggg-awaited furniture has arrived!!!! It looks beautiful, so now I'm anxious to get the room all in order. If only DH were home more LOL.

Deana- on the big loss!! How wonderful does that feel???? As for unpacking- I used to put it off but found it's much better if I just grit my teeth and get it done right away.

Penny . . . now if we asked your DH who is usually a better decision maker, would he fess up and admit it's you????

Jill- what have you planned so far for Bayley's big day? And thanks for the encouragement. Guess I won't be changing my goal weight LOL.

Michelle: LOL! You just crack me up

Spryng- nothing too new in the trial. They just keep releasing more transcripts/tapes from the tapped phone line. Today they keep playing his conversation with Laci's brother after everyone found out about Scott's affair. I never noticed until they had both pics up, but Scott and Laci's brother resemble one another!

Kristin- I'm really glad you're back. I'm back OP *again* too after my nine day tour through the yummy South/Southwest! We'll do it together

Oh, the place smells like new furniture, so it kinda smells like a new house! I love that smell.

I have set aside 8 points for dinner/dessert (whole wheat pasta, bread, skinny cow) so I still have five big points to play around with this afternoon- hooray

Is Cheri on vacation? And did anyone ever hear from Di? Hope they're okay . . .
Loveliam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2004, 02:35 PM   #25  

Good Afternoon girls,

Spryng that is so weird I was thinking about making cornbread to go with some spicy chili. I love cornbread and it just seems to complete the meal. I love it when it cools a bit and the butter (lowfat) hehe, half melts. But anyway I could live on cornbread! I hope you enjoy your movies! Thats it I have made a decision cornbread it is !

Kristin, early congrats? I remember those days thinking what if I am pregnant it was such a fun time. I loved being pregnant morning-all day sickness and all .

Leigh, how is it going? Are you all back into a routine being home now? I know it takes a while to get back on schedule when you take a vacation, even though I have not been on one for a looooooooooong time,lol.

Geri, I never thought about that Mark's last name is Hacking! Pretty scary, even though he shot her, he cut up the mattress she was on, poor soul, I wish they would find her body so she and her family can rest in peace and give a proper burial. You are doing so well excercising! Do you live in the country where you can get that kind of mileage on your bike? Keep it up girl!!

Michelle I love it, you got the power!! You seem like a good decision maker so your family is in great hands!

Jaymi, how are you feeling hon? I hope that headache went away for you. Sometimes they can stop you from doing anything. I will say a little prayer for ya!

Penny you always seem to be bursting with energy, i love it. I wish I was like you!

QOTD: I guess it depends on the decision, my hus can be really stubborn, but I always try to voice my word on the situation. Well girls better get something done. Even though I would love a nap ! Well I know left someone out, sorry, I am trying to keep up here ! Have a great day girls. Julie
jbbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2004, 03:02 PM   #26  
Curves 6-week solution

S/C/G: 159/159/135

Mmmmmmmmmmmmm cornbread, I was just thinking of making some too!! I have chili planned for friday but I think i may want some cornbread now and then again on friday!! I just want some period, I think I will go make some. Well after calling 4 rental places I finally found Harvest Moon!! Geez it is a popular game! I am waiting till the baby wakes up and then we are off to go get it. Too bad this was her big nap of the day so now I will have to try to play the game and keep her away from it at the same time, oh well.

Sorry Deana and Penny you snuck in on me when I posted earlier and didn't notice till just now!

Deana I think you can totally make your goal for next year! Keep up the good work, you inspire me!

Penny you are a busy busy girl! Stinky teeth? That cracked me up, no one wants stinky teeth!

Michelle I can totally see that about you! My way or the highway right? I'm sure your house runs smooth!

Spryng you'll be glad to know that my house is in semi clean order right now so when I go get that game I will be prepared LOL! I know how I can get with new games and I am willing to bet I will be up way past my bedtime tonight, oh well right? At least it's just a rental!! LOL

Kristin I hope you are pregnant! That would be so exciting, take another test today!! Please!! I bet you are since you have not been trying to not have a baby. I can't wait till I can have another but we decided to wait till I was ALL done with school and have landed a teaching job so that we can be paying off debt while I am pregnant instead of accruing it like last time!! LOL Keep us updated on everything! Glad you have Yahoo now!!

Leigh I want to see pictures of the new furniture, is there a website you found them on or can you take pictures and post them? I would love to see it!

Julie I will be eating cornbread the rest of the day thanks to you and Spryng!! I'm sure you will be too now!! I like it when the butter melts too but I also like honey on it, mmmmmmmm. Ok enough of that!

Allright I hear the baby up so I am going to feed her lunch and get to the store, don't worry I won't forget about you all while I am playing the game! TTYL
Bayleysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2004, 04:19 PM   #27  
**Kristin**

Hey ya'll !!! Good Afternoon! I promised that I would get back here and get personal with ya'll that have posted since me, and here goes!

Deana - thank you for the computer information, I have done that too! My Spybot seems to work well, I kind of downloaded the one from my old work, so its a professional one! haha, I'm a bad girl, I know. I know what you mean about being a homebody! I am that way too, I love winter just because I can stay in my robe, and turn on the fireplace all day if I want to!

Leigh - YEAH! We can be OP buddies! I started over today and I am doing really well..I am snacking on celery and carrots and had a great breakfast and lunch today! Dinner is Filet MIgnons, baked potatoes, and steamed broccoli! Take pics of that furniture! I want to see it, we went over some of the design techniques before, and I would love to see what the furniture looks like !

Julie - thanks for the early congrats, but I don't know. I don;'t have any other signs of being prego besides those 2......and the dizziness isn;t really happening so much now. I want to be pregnant so bad, so I don't know what I will do. Wait a little while longer I guess! Nothing else I can do!

Jill - Hey me too, I hope I am prego too! I wont' waste another test today, I will wait like the doc told me....until this time next week! I will keep you all updated, and cross your fingers for me ! I love Yahoo, its alot nicer than MSN, I think...it works a lot smoother! and you don't HAVE to sign up for the free mail account like you do with msn and hotmail...I don't need ANOTHER address!

Good afternoon to all the rest of ya wonderful mothers and wives! You all have been busy this afternoon, i haven't seen many of you, then again, i myself am just getting back into the swing of things!
okay, gonna get some other stuff done around here !
TTYL !!!!
Old 08-31-2004, 04:38 PM   #28  
Walking away the weight

Well, just had an afternoon snack - 3 points of low-point bread and tea.

Julie- isn't cornbread awesome? It's soooo good!

Jill- Harvest Moon sounds fun- can't wait to hear how late you stay up LOL. I suppose I could post pics of the furniture, if I can edit out the mess of the room!

Kristin- I hope you're pregnant too! I was dizzy only the one morning, but that was one way I realized I was pregnant

Now, for those asking for pics- would you rather I wait and post pics when the room is all decorated, or see it now/ bare bones?
Old 08-31-2004, 04:54 PM   #29  
**Kristin**

Leigh - BOTH! BOTH! Do a before and after...like trading spaces! OKay off to make dinner I have been lurking around here and ebay tooooo long today !!
Old 08-31-2004, 05:02 PM   #30  
Walking away the weight

LOL, Kristin! Okay- I'll post both. Of course, this also means I must actually DO something this week to get the room in shape. And call Salvation Army to pick up a bunch of stuff.