Old 09-15-2004, 10:41 PM   #46  

Hello,

Had a busy day with the accountant.

Our third daughter had her baby today, she was in labor three hours and had a little boy 7 lbs 15 1/2 ozs 19 inches. I am really glad it is over for her. We are going to travel to Stevens Point tomorrow afternoon and then come back in the evening. I might not be back to the board until Friday. Talk to you all then.

Charlotte hope everyone is ok looks like Ivan is headed your way, or you are going to get a lot of rain

Sheila and SunnyD hello to you and best wishes, hope everything is ok in your neck of the woods.

Bluet

PS DH and I now have 5 grandsons and 3 granddaughters

Last edited by Bluet; 09-15-2004 at 10:44 PM.
Bluet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2004, 11:53 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 261/158/below 160

Height: 5'8" (Dang, I shrank an inch!)

Congratulations, Bluet! Only three hours of labor--wow! So how many grandkids does this make for you, and how many girls/boys? What are they naming him?

We ended up deciding not to get the dog. Somebody else expressed an interest in him, and we are still kind of on the fence about getting another dog. I think we're still in mourning for our old Molly.

Charlotte, hope you're doing okay tonight. My SIL is now in Chicago after being evacuated from Mississippi. My poor daughter has class and duty tonight so she won't get to see her husband until tomorrow.

Yucky weather around here, but it kind of matches the way I feel. I don't get my injections until Monday, and then it takes a couple of weeks for them to kick in. I've been pretty miserable the last month or so. Today I comforted myself with food. Luckily, I don't do that as often as I used to, but today I just needed my "friend," I guess. Gotta work on that. . .

Looks like fall is here for us. While I didn't like the heat of summer, I'm not ready for it to be over yet.
Sheila53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2004, 07:38 AM   #48  
Psalm 91:9-11

Location: I am from 29 Palms, California... but now live in Northeast, Ohio

S/C/G: SW-245.5/CW-209/GW-170

Height: 5'5"

Unhappy Very Concerned!

Good Morning Angel, Bluet & Sheila,

I will catch up as soon as I am able to, my hubby has had some time off and so I am not on the computer as much. Just wanted you all to know, okay.

Charlotte ~ I am *PRAYING* for you and your family, friends and neighbors!! I see that Hurricane Ivan is sweeping over your state entirely!!! Please just know that you are in our thoughts and our prayers for your safety!!!

Much Love to all,
SunnyD
<><

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Last edited by SunnyD57; 09-16-2004 at 07:46 AM.
SunnyD57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2004, 09:19 AM   #49  

Hello everyone,
Well, looks like Ivan is headed this way. We're not suppose to get the hurricane itself...but, some of the tropical storms & winds. We're being told to get everything prepared. School has been let out for the next 2 days, & it's already raining. DS has tried to fix the roof to not leak. Of course, if the winds get very strong, the tarp won't hold up. I just hope & pray the ROOF holds! Our daughter & her 2 little girls are here from close to Mobile. Her husband & son stayed home to ride out the storms. Her community is in the direct path of Ivan. If I don't post for awhile, you'll know I'm just busy, or without power.

Bluet...Congratulations!! You've been blessed!! We have 11 grands. 3 boys, & 8 girls. So proud for you & family. When you get back, tell us all about it. Be sure to get pictures for us. You can show us your new hair-do, too!

Sheila...don't worry about the eating. Whatever makes you feel better when you're hurting, or sick....I think is a good excuse. Besides, after seeing your picture, you don't have a lot to worry about. Hang in there...I know it's hard to wait for your injections...that's the way it is for my treatments. I'm doing fairly well these days. My next treatment is 2 weeks away....so, I figure I got, maybe another "fair" week.
When I get more time, I'm going to go to that site you gave us. Thanks for posting it.

Fatpuss...WE MISS YOU!!

Sunny...Hope you're having a good week. Those windows you're talking about...that's the kind I've got! They open to the inside to clean, & I love them! We got a real good deal on them. Went to a warehouse in Huntsville, Al. It's a place where "overstocked" or "discontinued" items are sold at discount prices. We paid $45 each for them. Worth a lot more! I was happy to just get new windows that would open easily...but, this kind is a bonus. I may not have a roof...but, I have windows! Our children are planning a Saturday soon to all come over & work on the roof. Maybe we'll get it good enough for winter, anyway. It'll be fun, with all the grands here & grilling, & such. It'll be the first time we're ALL here for a long time. Our SIL is home & out of the army now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well....it has started to rain. Got a couple of leaks to take care of. Nothing too bad, yet. Remember, I'll be back when I can. Everyone take care.

**Sunny...thanks. Yes, we're in the path. Daughter just got a call that a large tree fell in her yard going through the garage & totalling their new truck! There's live power lines all around, so they don't know how much more damage. The eye of the hurricane hasn't reached their yet! Pray for them. She's upset.
Angel-lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2004, 07:51 PM   #50  

Charlotte, I'm praying that you and your family are doing okay, and that your roof and the tarp held up. Those hurricanes and tropical storms are scary, scary things, and so unpredictable. Get those buckets out.

Hey, you're sweet! After yesterday's dim sum, molasses cookie, Twix bar, bacon/cheddar potato wedges and milkshake, I'm back on track and eating well. I also feel better today--guess there's definitely a correlation. I had a great massage at the chiropractor's yesterday, and I think that helped a lot. Today I even swept and mopped the floor in the kitchen and the utility room. Haven't done that in way too long and it showed. I'm glad you're doing well so close to your next treatment. I just hate the ups and downs of chronic illness. I know I should be glad that I don't have anything life threatening, and really I am. On the other hand, I get so tired of being tired and in pain. Uh-oh, starting a pity party, aren't I?

Hope you're having a good day, SunnyD. And Bluet, I'm jealous of you going to see your sweet new grandson. Babies are so wonderful--especially when we can hand them back to their parents.

Puss, you better come back the minute you get home and let us know all about your trip. I bet you have some great stories to tell. What kind of trouble did you get into in Spain--inquiring minds want to know!
Old 09-18-2004, 03:14 PM   #51  

Hey, all--

Charlotte, when you get a minute, please let us know how you and your family are doing after Ivan?

Ivan was actually a good thing for DD. Her DH got to evacuate to Chicago and spend some time with her. She had school and duty, but managed to see him a little bit, and they're spending today together, although she has to be back on the base by midnight. He goes back to Mississippi tomorrow. She also found out that she'll graduate on December 16, and be back in Norfolk to welcome his ship into port so that's a lot less time apart than they were expecting.

Bluet, how was the visit to see your new grandson?

Finally made it back to water aerobics today. While I did exercise a bit last week, it wasn't my usual hour plus of aerobics, and I could feel a difference in just a short time away.

After almost a week of checking my Dad's blood sugar, he finally got a reading in the normal range this morning. He's been running 145 - 200, and normal is 70-120. Today he was at 115 before breakfast, which is wonderful. I have no idea why the difference, but he was happy.

Has anyone used tart cherry concentrate to help with inflammation and sleep? A friend in Boise swears by the stuff so I found some yesterday and started taking it today. I hate drinking flavored liquids so it was tough to get it down, but I'm hoping it helps. She said her sciatica was cleared up as well as some other pains. My DH has been really achy lately, probably arthritic changes, and so I'm hoping it will help him, and for me, well, I pretty much try anything!

Hopefully you are all having a great weekend! Lots of rain here--wishing for a late "Indian Summer."
Old 09-18-2004, 09:30 PM   #52  

Hello Everyone,

Sheila, sorry I have been absent so long. We didn't get back until really late Thursday and I have been just really tired.

I have been on the phone alot with my daughters. The baby's name is Adam Scott he weighed 7 lbs. 15 1/2" ozs. and is 19 inches long. Adam has some sort of breathing problem where he loses oxygen and then he is ok again. He can't go home from the hospital until the doctors resolve the problem. DD has not been able to hold him until today and was finally able to breast feed him for the first time today too. Whenever I talk to her on the phone she ends up crying. The doctors aren't acting like it is a really big concern, but the not knowing is really hard on her and SIL, they are staying at the hospital too, until Adam can go home.

I don't know anything about concentrated cherry juice, but I hope it works for you and DH Sheila.

Charlotte, when you get a chance, by all means let us know how things are going for you and your daughter in Alabama. So sorry about the hurricane. Everything looks so devastated on the news.

Sunny D, hope you are having another fun filled weekend. Wonder what adventure you and Joe are up to today.

Puss, Hope you haven't taken up residence in Spain. It has been a long two weeks.

Take care everyone, talk to you all tomorrow.

Bluet
Old 09-19-2004, 04:32 AM   #53  

Smile A bit about our week...

Morning Ladies!
Wow... I have a bit of catching up to do, haven't I It's 4am and again I am up. I slept well till 3:45 (I think I am too excited about the day today ) and then just decided to get up and try to catch up here.

*~*~*

It's been a busy week days here in our little home... let's see... ...
Monday ~ Joe took off and we took the jeep in to be repaired (brakes went) and then when Joe and I got home he ended up repairing and cleaning out my gas dryer & then took apart my leaky faucet and fixed that. And he finished painting the stained area of our ceiling and put the frame back up, now that we have the new roof and no more leaks And I spent the day catching up with laundry and cleaning... We also did some shopping later that afternoon/early evening.
Tuesday ~ Joe went back to work, but I was still folding clothes and cleaning. Then I got a visit from my friends oldest daughter, Sandy. That was so nice... it had been a long time since she last visited me. Then we had our church practice for our small group from 7 - 9pm. and I began to feel ill by the time we got home (overtired I think).
Wednesday ~ I didn't feel very well in the morning, but my noon I was doing so much better (darn gut anyway!). Lisa (Sandy's sister) came by and picked me up (still no jeep) and we went to see the movie *Cellular* with Kim Basinger - pretty good movie... entertaining anyway. Then we went to have a late lunch together and had a wonderful day. When I got home I had to get allot of book-work caught up and almost did.
Thursday ~ Joe took the day off again and we spent the whole day HOME!!! So nice! We got allot of little chores done that we really had been putting off - boy, that sure felt good! Made some phone calls ( Ins. Companies - you know... them kinda calls - yuk! ) Joe replace my broken toilet seat with a new one and he finished the kitchen faucet that he started on Monday ( it works so well now & looks so nice even though it's old ) So that was the whole day --- just doing stuff that needed to be done, but to many things to mention it all --- we even had time to enjoy an afternoon nap with our kitties It's also the day we began to really watch Ivan on the weather channel... we were so concerned for everyone!! In Florida, Alabama, the Carolina's & on up the East Coast. We even got hit pretty hard on Friday with high winds and rains! But it didn't last --- it was a beautiful day Saturday and will be again today --- very Fall-like. Never even knew there was a storm ~ we feel very blessed! So many lost so much from this storm and now there's another on it's way... those poor people in Florida!!!
Friday ~ I spent the morning paying bill's and preparing for the shock ($$$) of paying the mechanic for the jeep when it was ready. We finally went to pick up the jeep at around 4:00pm and there were allot of repairs to be done --- it was really in bad shape according to our mechanic... mostly salt damage for the last three winters we've had here. Nothing Joe could have done short of taking the car to a car wash 3 - 4x's a week (not!). We had new everything put on! A whole new brake system --- $786.00 later But that's okay... We feel allot safer now & blessed to have a good friend for a mechanic (it could have cost us allot more!).
Saturday ~ It was sunny with the bluest of skies, 70* and a blustery day here in Ohio... Just beautiful!!! We went to breakfast in the morning with our pals, Mike & Peg, and then went to grocery shop all together (so much more fun that way). We got a corn stalk and a bale of hay to put near our front steps for the Fall... soon we will be getting a few pumpkins to add to our Fall decorations outdoors (it's way too early right now for buying pumpkins & having them last till the end of Oct.). So much fun to do!

Ohhh, I almost forgot... Today ~ after church we are going to a place for breakfast called *Nifty Fifties* in Madison, Ohio It's a restaurant that serves breakfast with a fifties decor, playing fifties music --- I cannot wait to go there!!!! We will be going with our pals, Mike & Peg... did I say that I can't wait to go I just love the fifties!!!

*~*~*

Angel is doing okay... considering... I sent her a PM to let her know we were praying for her. And here is part of her response to me, just so you all know what happened.
Quote:
Angel wrote on 9-17-04: Hello friend,
Thank you for the prayer request on the threads. So far, although it's been rough, & power was out yesterday....all is still together at my house. I'm afraid my daughter (her & 2 little girls are here) didn't do so well. They are about 1 1/2 hrs this side of Mobile & in the direct path of Ivan. A small town...Thomasville. The entire town was hit hard. A lot of the stores, beauty shop, etc, she goes to, was destroyed. 4 large trees in her yard blown over...including one very large that hit her house, going through the carport onto their new truck...probably totaled. She had a motor home in storage at Gulf Shores.........
She doesn't know all the damages yet. Her husband can only call from his cell phone, & reception is terrible. Just keep praying. We're so thankful our family is all still alive. That's the main thing. It's hard to see our children hurting, though.
Take care of yourself.
Charlotte
*Continued Prayers* Angel!

Now to catch up with you all
To be continued...
<><

*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Old 09-19-2004, 05:29 AM   #54  

Wink I'm back...

Angel ~ Just want you to know that we are all *Thinking of you* and your Dear Family in hopes that all stay safe and will recover real soon from all the damage... I have seen allot of reports on the weather channel and they have not been good at all. So many areas hit so very hard. *God Bless you All!* & *Prayers!*

Sheila ~ Thank you for the link to your Dear Grand-daughters illness... I never knew!!! From the article, you are all so very Blessed to still have her with you as each day passes. She is such an adorable & beautiful child from the pictures --- I will keep her in my prayers!! Thank you again for enlightening me. My nephew has Downs Syndrome and it is mentioned in the article, because it too has to do with chromosomes. Only Downs is not always life threatening (always depends on the severity of heart damage in the child).

Don't we all have binge days?? I thought it was normal I think it's okay once in awhile as long as it doesn't become a daily habit... you'll be fine, Sheila. Did you enjoy it ? That's very important ya know

Oprah ~Yeah... wouldn't it be great to have enough $$$ to share like that with everyone!?? I know I too love to give and it would be such a great feeling to do that! I just love her give-away shows! Don't always enjoy her sad ones though, I may watch for a bit (depending on the show), but if it gets to be too much for me I have to change the channel to *Ellen* or something else. I like having *Joy* in my home and watching too much sadness can bring you down, you know.

How is your DFather doing? Have you figured everything out for him? Is testing him getting better? Yes, the area of infection is from his diabetes. Allot of times they do not heal well from sores or surgeries if it's not under control. I had an Aunt who lost her legs to it, because she did not follow her diet... very sad. I saw that Glucerna (not sure of the spelling) is a beverage to help with Diabetes (you can buy it at Wal-Mart) if it helps. It's a meal supplement. My father is dealing with it too & my mother has to test him everyday --- came on from age. I do hope your father is doing better with his numbers.

Never heard of tart cherry concentrate to help with inflammation and sleep... maybe I should look into it for my gut and the lack of sleep I have had lately?? Have you tried it yet? Where do you get it? Health Food or Vitamin Shoppe? I will give it a try once - especially if it's natural.

Soooo, are you still thinking of getting another pup, huh?? English Setter? I have a friend who's first English Setter had to be put down from biting (they couldn't figure out why, but he was too dangerous to keep or give away). They have another - a female - and she is just beautiful!! So loveable!! I adore animals!! I know that when I lost my Tang-kitty I mourned a long time and still think of them all (lost 3 kitties)... it will take some time to get over your beautiful Molly. I am thinking of you :grouphug

Bluet ~ Congrats to you on another grandbaby A baby boy... How exciting! Adam Scott... what a lovely name! Did you get allot of pictures when you visited? I bet he's a pretty baby! I am so happy for your DD that is was a pretty short labor --- only 3 hours! And such a healthy weight. I am happy for you all Maybe Adam has under-developed lungs... I know that they will keep a baby for that reason... till he breathes easily on his own. I will keep him and your DD in my prayers that she will have her baby healthy & safely home soon! I bet she is so tired and that makes dealing with things so much harder.

Nope , I never got in a nap on the day I got up at 2:30 and I probably won't today either. But I will be home tomorrow and I will have a chance to catch up with myself a bit then. Tomorrow evening (about 5ish) my girlfriend, Peg, will be by and we are going shopping at the wholesale club. She has some things to get and I will just be going for the fun of going with her (wanna bet I find something to buy too ).

So glad all went well with your new computer... that's okay to get teary-eyed, you are such a sweet person! You make me smile! We never did get our windows washed that day... Joe had to go to work and it began to rain... there will be another day. It's nice this weekend, but there's too much going on to be washing windows.

*~*~*

Well ladies, I must be going ~ the alarm is going off for me to get up and get ready for church... you all have a lovely day today!

*May the Lord Bless You and Keep You Safe & Healthy*
Always,
<><

*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Old 09-19-2004, 05:36 AM   #55  

Red face Puss???

Where have you been, sweetie ????
Come back as soon as you are able to!
We sure do MISS YOU!!!!!

Luvs
<><

*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Old 09-19-2004, 01:45 PM   #56  

Bluet, your poor daughter! Besides all the trauma of giving birth, to have to deal with a baby with breathing problems is just so tough. I hope the docs can figure out what is causing his apnea and deal with it so they can all go home. That must have been so hard on her to not be able to hold him. I hope things are better today.

SunnyD, what a busy week you've had. It's a good feeling to get all those chores done, I bet. You'll have to take a photo of your entry so we can see how you decorate. I admire you talented folk who can do stuff like that.

Thanks for letting us see how Charlotte is doing. I've been worrying about her and her family. I hope the damages to her daughter's house aren't too severe. The carport and truck are bad enough!

Yup, my granddaughter is definitely a little miracle. I do get a touch jealous of other grandmas who get to go and do stuff with their grandkids, but I am so thankful that she's still with us. Her Dad said that she's taught him so much--patience and unconditional love to name just a few things.

I'm with you on the "joy" in the home. My Dad was going on about the news this morning and I finally said, isn't there anything good in the news? He said, well, not that I remember! I prefer heartwarming stories of people doing good works. I know they're out there!

Have to share a couple of funny things I did yesterday. Must be old age. I did a load of laundry, then when I took it out of the washer to put in the dryer, I thought, you know, I don't think I put any detergent in the washer. I spent so much time using the Spray 'n Wash and other stain treatments that I completely forgot the soap. So back in the washer again for a second round. Then we got my daughter a birthday card (she turns 21 next Sat.) and I put a check in the card, addressed it, sealed it up, and put it out for my Dad to mail (he goes to the P.O. every day). About an hour later I sat at my desk, picked up a check and realized it was Erin's birthday check. I'd enclosed the payment for our burglar alarm in her card. Wouldn't she have been happy with that! We tried steaming the envelope open, but my DH ended up cutting it instead. I can just see that triggering some big alarm at the P.O. or at the Navy base mail station.

So today is a few chores, then we're going to watch a movie at 2:00 pm on HBO. Normally I don't watch movies in the afternoon, but it's cold and rainy and a movie sounds really good. Yesterday I watched football for a couple of hours (I love college football), but when Washington started to lose, I decided to do some housework instead.

I will let you know, SunnyD, how the cherry concentrate works. We're going to take it in the evening because my DH got really sleepy after drinking his. It's supposed to help with sleep so it makes sense to take it closer to bedtime. The acid in it bothered my stomach, unfortunately, and if you have a hard time with fruit, it wouldn't be good to try.

Have a good Sunday, everyone! Charlotte, hope you get back online soon, and I'm really thankful that none of your family were hurt.

Puss, are you recovering from your vacation?
Old 09-19-2004, 08:40 PM   #57  

Hello,

Spoke to DD a little while ago, Adam is doing ok, he had one oxygen episode last evening. She is really worried for when he is circumcised, because the episodes seem to come on when he is sucking very quickly or crying hard. She just really fell apart on the phone this afternoon. I wanted to go up this weekend, but she said to wait until they come home, so I can help her more that way. I have to confess, I am really worried about her, and Adam of course. She is concerned when she brings Adam home, that what if he has breathing problems. She always was a worrier, she gets that from me, I am sure.

SunnyD, I could never keep up with you, you are one busy young lady. Thank you for sharing your message from Charlotte. The people in those southern states have a heavy load to bear, it doesn't seem possible that there could be so many hurricanes one after another. Joe is such a blessing to you (of course you know that). It is wonderful when your spouse is so handy with fixing things.

Sheila, I watched grandchildren next door today, while DH and DD and SIL went to the Packer game. Youngest granddaughter has allergies and after her nap her eyes were stuck shut and she was running a slight temp. DD thinks the slight temp is from cutting some more teeth. Granddaughter will have her birthday next week Tuesday, she will be one year old. I am glad to hear that you do so silly things too, I thought it was just me, odd as it may seem I washed a load of whites yesterday twice too because I couldn't remember if I put detergent in the first time. I might have to start writing everything down so I don't forget, that would be a real chore wouldn't it?

Well I am going to call DD back now to see how she is doing, I promised I would call this evening.

Take care everyone. Hey, Puss, how was Spain?

Bluet
Old 09-20-2004, 08:21 AM   #58  

Smile Good Monday Morning Ladies

Good Morning Ladies Well, since we are sharing laundry stories... how about this one... ... ... I have gotten to where I was just about done laundry and had one load left and the last load was a load of cleaning rags, well I got the load done and then totally forgot they were in the washer till I could smell something musty in the laundry-room. I couldn't believe I had forgotten to put the load into the dryer! And this was in the middle of some very hot weather too. So when I opened the lid to the washer, goodness gracious, the smell (!) ~ it had mildew growing on it... ewwwwwwwwwe! To say the least I had to throw them all into the garbage (they were pretty bad, even after I had washed them with bleach) --- good thing they were rags! I hope it has nothing to do with age Sometimes things just happen... so that we have stories to tell

*~*~*

Sheila ~ Ohhhh, we don't have anything special with our entry or our home, but I will get some pictures for you all to share of our home soon

I just laughed so hard reading about what you did with DD's birthday check! My mother did the same thing!! She sent me a check for her cable

What movie did you catch on HBO? I like watching movies and catching up with my magazines when it's rainy out. Hope you enjoyed your quiet time, that's what Sundays are for --- rest

Please do keep me up on that cherry juice Joe could have used it last night!!! He got a call at 9:30 (just before we went to bed!) and it upset him... problems with personalities among some of the music directors at our church... uggg. Joe is in charge of them all, but we have told them not to call at night after 9pm. I suggested to Joe to let the machine take it when the phone rang, but he answered it and then after the call said, "I should have listened to you and let the machine take it." He had their problems on his mind all night and has a full day today at work. I pray he will be safe today, because he was so tired.

About your DGrandaughter: I bet it is hard not to be able to play with her the way most do with their grandbabies... but it sounds like her father has done allot of growing up with her, so cool --- something what comes from difficult situations. Do you have other grandchildren? You may had said, but I have forgotten

Surrrre there are heartwarming stories out there , but you would never know it by our media!!! That's why I watch allot of HGTV, A&E, The WEATHER CHANNEL or TVLAND (I love the classic shows & movies!) --- like yesterday, when we got home from our breakfast out with our friends Joe & I watched a *Bewitched* marathon! From the first show till we went to bed. It was great to see them all again! We loved that program and I thought that Elizabeth Montgomery was absolutely adorable!

Bluet ~ I am so relieved to hear that your grandbaby, Adam, is doing better... I will keep your DD in my prayers along with Adam that all will smooth out and he breathes easier. Do you think that the baby is picking up on her anxiety? There have been many articles about how much a baby picks up signals from his or her mother. I will keep them both close in prayer and in thought. Is Adam home now???

You both are welcome! I know how much I worried about Charlotte and her family (praying like crazy for them)! She has had so much happen in her life through the years, and has come through it all like a trooper. Every time she gets her head above the waters (so to speak) something else seems to happen to her. I really think the devil tests those of strong spiritual beliefs and Angel is being picked on by him... but she is strong and is being protected by God & a survivor without a doubt! I admire her very much with all that she has had to endure and how she still shows her love for our Lord and others.

You ALL are such lovely ladies!!!
It has been such a *Joy* getting to know you in this last year. I reached a 1 Year Anniversary here on 3fatchicks in August, where did the time go!

Hey there Bonnie... I see that this month makes 1 year for you too
*Happy Anniversary* on 3fatchicks this month

Thinking of you Angel!

Catch you all later...
Have a Great Day!
Luvs,
<><

Last edited by SunnyD57; 09-20-2004 at 11:34 AM.
Old 09-20-2004, 10:47 AM   #59  

Goodness!! What LOVE I felt on this thread when I read it today! Thank you all for your concern & prayers!
Our biggest problem here at our house was the power outtage. In fact, a lot of the towns around us are still without power. We had a house full here. Two daughters & a son, & their children. Spaghetti was cooked on the grill in my new, unfinished garage They found a dry corner. I had just thawed the ground beef, when the power went off. We made it ok, other than a little worried during some very high winds & rain. Oh....if you ever need to put air in an air mattress without power for the pump...take a garbage bag....wave it around to fill with air...hold tightly on the hole of mattress, & squeeze the air in!! Took about ten bags of air! My DH & DS are geniuses!! They talked about putting a patent on the idea.
A lot of the people in the different towns around us are helping each other. I saw one neighbor with power, putting food in their freezer from the neighbor, who didn't have power...so they wouldn't lose what they had put away for the winter! Folks around these parts have always helped each other, like that.
Our daughter's house was hit, as Sunny showed. (thanks, Sunny) She called us back yesterday....said they are living very primitively in their house. No power, or water (pump run by electricity), etc. They went to Gulf Shores & found their motor home without a single scratch on it!! They were in shock!! I had told her several times, that they had bought it from our former pastor & wife, who prayed continuosly in that little motor home, & I felt like it could withstand the storm. She said she knew it COULD, but really didn't expect it to! I just had a feeling about it....hard to explain. She remembered what I had told her. She's a good little christian, & maybe this will help strengthen her faith & help with the days ahead... & help her husband...who isn't.

Sunny...it IS hard to believe we've been here a year! I started a year ago in June! I was in that little, bitty, camper. Boy, I hated that thing! It was loaned to us by some good friends...& we hated to say no. So, we used it a couple of months. I read all of your posts...& agree...you ARE busy!!

Bluet...Sorry your little grandson is having problems. I'm praying for him. I'm also praying for your daughter & you. I know what it's like to have a child upset & you can't be there with them in person.

Sheila...I could fill this post up with funny things I do all the time. Some of it is age, I guess, but I believe stress can do a lot of it too! At least, we can laugh at ourselves! I'm anxious to find out more about that drink also!

Fatpuss...have fun!!

Beautiful weather the week end & today! Talk to all of you, later!
Angel-lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2004, 08:57 PM   #60  

Hey, Charlotte, that's great about the mobile home, and sure makes a person think! I'm glad their house is still standing, and that all of you survived with not much loss. I'm betting after roughing it for a while that camping won't be a big priority with anybody. Sounds like your tarps held up okay, or at least the bucket brigade was doing a good job. That's too funny about the garbage bags. A good thing to remember!

Bluet, I think that most apneas clear up within a week or so after birth, but the hospital can send them home with a monitor. If the monitor goes off, then just moving the baby usually starts them breathing again. My granddaughter had a monitor on for the first couple of months, but had only one apnea episode after she got home (three weeks in the NICU). It's hard for new moms not to stress--I'd probably be a basket case myself if anything had happened to my kids.

Poor little GD! Sounds almost like a sinus infection. I bet she was miserable. Hope she feels better by her first birthday. First birthdays are so much fun. I remember both my kids first birthdays. I didn't meet my oldest son until he was four (and we didn't live together from when he was about 7 until he was almost 20), but I remember the first birthday I spent with him. I made him a train cake. Now, I'm not artistic at all so it was a real labor of love. When he came to live with us in Colorado, he turned 20 a couple of months after he came, and he wanted a train cake. It was so sweet that he remembered that train cake after 16 years.

Ewww, SunnyD! I've done that before with laundry and it was so stinky! I keep my cat boxes in the laundry room and kept thinking it was them, but cleaning and changing them didn't help. That first whiff out when you open the washer--phew! I'm sure glad to know that I'm not the only one who does silly stuff like forget detergent and enclose the wrong check. I'm happy to say I remembered before I sent that check--what did you do when you got the cable check? I bet you laughed like crazy! I don't know that my DD would be that forgiving at age 21. Takes a more mature person to see the humor in it.

We watched Mona Lisa Smile, which was a pretty good. Did you see Oprah today? I cried! Makes me want to see that movie, Ladder 49, too.

Well, what a crummy day I had. Had to go to the neuro for my botox shots. The first shot I screamed and said "get it out!" It hurt so bad. Then I started hyperventilating, which I've never done before. Got a bit lightheaded. The doc sent me home and told me to take a sedative and come back in the afternoon. I ended up taking a sedative and a half, and made it through the rest of the injections. That's the worst it's ever been. I used to be able to tolerate them, but the last few times have been incredibly painful. I think I'm going to dope myself up good when I go in December. Of course, then I was kind of out of it the rest of the afternoon, and it was a nice afternoon, too, when I should have been outside pulling weeds. Oh, well. Felt bad, too, because my DH had to take off work twice today to take me to the neuro, and then he has to take off again to drive me to another doctor tomorrow. And when I'm in pain, I'm really a "witch" with a capital "B." Gotta work on that. . .

Well, going to take the dog for a short work. It's the most I can manage tonight. Hope everyone is doing okay on this Monday!