Closed Thread

Old 11-23-2004, 10:11 AM   #106  
I will make it!

Hey Girls

Cjunk...your advice is always welcomed and never too much..I always look forward to other people's point of view of things. So never feel you have to edit yourself with me...bring it on!! LOL Anyway, my cybercutie lives in florida...although we talk nightly...its just too far away for me and we are at different stages in our lives although we both work on the internet..me as a webdesigner ...of course and he owns an online site. Anyway, its fun for now and I do enjoy his friendship....and the cybersex is fun too LOL Dont mean to offend anyone reading this.

Anyway, foodwise was good last night..stuck to plan...exercise was good...cycled and did arm weights. Plan on doing more of same tonight.

Cjunk my problem is that I am taking in too many calories...I have to be at 1200 to 1400 to lose weight...so I am back down to 1350 ...and I already went from 160.5 to 159.5 this morning.

Meal Plan for today
breakfast: carnation breakfast with skim milk
snack: bluberry fruit smoothie 8.45oz
lunch: tuna sandwich on whole wheat and artichoke salad (home made)
dinner: sauted pork loin with mushrooms and asparagus
snack: maybe another fruit smoothie
beverages: water, tea and diet cola

exercise:cycling and weights or pilates

Have a great day

Cyan
Old 11-23-2004, 11:01 AM   #107  

Wow, what a day yesterday! So many of you girls posted! I was thrilled to see you all and to read your posts! I had clinicals at the hospital yesterday from 7am to 7pm. I had a female patient who weighed 326 pounds. Her heart is about kapoot and she is on a ventilator because of all the pulmonary edema. We were getting ready to give her a bath and she wrote on her little clip board (because she can't talk with the vent), "SORRY FAT" and then a tear rolled down her cheek. I was so emotional after that, I had to try really hard to keep from crying myself. I wiped her tear and told here we were going to take good care of her and not to worry about anything. This lady was only 50 years old. She had a heart attack at age 30 while she was pregnant. Remember ladies to take care of our bodies. Eat healthy. Give yourself the oppurtunity to live a long happy quality life. But, also remember that those who are obese are people and children of God and they have very real feelings. They don't like being the size that they are, but they are just as special as anyone else.

Well, Hand Foot and Mouth disease is gone leaving only a few little scabs to remember it by. My baby got it all over his body. It was yucky.

Atkins is going well. It's not fast weight loss but it's loss no matter how gradual it comes, I'll take it. I've only cheated once but other than that I'm on track. I'm down to 195. I'm not going to be a slave to the numbers because I know my clothes are fitting better and people have commented on the fact that I look like I've lost weight.

We finally sold our house and we close on it today. As for finding a house for us.... we haven't had much luck. Hopefully we'll find something soon!

Have a great Thanksgiving everyone!

Lisa
Old 11-23-2004, 08:42 PM   #108  

Hi again ladies

Day 3 of being on track with my eating plus just finished 30 min of my Air Walker! I am realistic enough to know that Thurs. I will have some not-so-healthy choices, but I made a conscious decision that altho we feel we should be allowed to eat yummy things on Thanksgiving Day and on Christmas Day, it doesn't mean I have to eat them the whole week!! So I am giving myself permission for things maybe I shouldnt have but in moderation and ONLY on the special day, not before, not after.

It feels so good to be back here! Just wish I could find more time. I have so much to catch ya'll up on. I finally did get to read all the posts in this thread. Oh, that reminds me..sorry I missed your birthday Lisa! Hope it was happy...and boy, what I wouldnt do to be back at 29...you child you. Makes me feel OLD.

Hope everyone's week is going well so far. Mine is ok, but tomorrow and Friday will be extra busy. Never have understood why banks are busier the day before and after a holiday. I think customers come withdraw money just in case something happens, then bring it back to redeposit when they dont use it.

Be back soon!
MIKI

PS...oh yeah, Cjunk...you are right on the money with my eating ...definitely stress related...I went from one extreme of not being able to eat and hitting my lowest weight in 18 yrs to going way past that point and eating everything in sight completely losing control. Hoping I have that leveled off now.
Old 11-24-2004, 10:17 AM   #109  
I will make it!

Hey ..its hopping in here again...gotta love that!

Anyway...I cycled last night for 30 minutes..did my weights this morning...arms...and stuck to my food plan...so today I was down anoter .5 pound to 159...Oh I really want to see 158 by this weekend...pllllllllllleeeeeeeeeassssse...I am so tired of this plateau and mini yo yo diet of the past three months....the first I saw 159 was back in september...then it shot back up to 163 and now its back down to 159...HOnestly, I have to be perfect with my eating to lose weight...that is so hard...I have to account for everything or else a little extra mustard...a bite more of cheese, and extra gulp of juice...bam...no weight loss...how frustrating...really gets me so angry...Its so easy for me to eat 1500 calories..I just love the taste of gourmet food...real delicous rich food...cheeses, desserts, savory sauces...creamy sauces, side dishes...its all good food..I am not talking about junk food.

Sigh...its so hard ...portion control sucks...I just am not not full on a 4 oz of meat or pasta and a cup of veggies...blah!! And then after such a meal...I literally feel a physcial pull to finish off the meal with a dessert...like keylime pie...chocolate cake...you name it.

So after my portion controlled meal...I sit there and wait for that very strong urge to have seconds and eat a dessert to subside...funny thing...9 out of 10 times ...its does subside and I can go on to do other things...my evenings are the worse...it is just programmed into my head...eat a delicious hearty dinner and followed it up with an equally appetizing dessert. Its been very hard breaking the chain. So that is my focus for the next while...to break that chain of dessert eating after dinner. Wish me luck

Meal Plan for today:
snack: 24 carrots fruit smoothie 8.45oz
lunch: pork loin with snowpeas and mushrooms on a bed of linguini....I swear its portion controlled LOL It all fits into a 1.5 cup tupperware
snack: yogurt
dinner: wholewheat bread 2 slices, 1tbs hummus, ham sandwich with a cup of carrots

exercise: cycling and floor exercises

Have a Happy Thanksgiving Ladies

Cyan
Old 11-24-2004, 01:27 PM   #110  

Thank you Miki for the Happy Birthday! It was a good birthday except for the fact I took my son to have surgery on his arm that day. ARGH! Oh well. He's fine now. Cast free and pin free and back to bouncing off the walls!

Cyan, I too catch myself thinking of eating a really good meal with all the bells and whistles...but then I remember how absolutely CRAPPY I feel afterwards for eating something I shouldn't have. I have to say to myself at times of cravings or temptations, "this too shall pass and nothing bad will happen if I don't eat those yummy cinnamon rolls on the table!" And then...it really does pass and I don't die!

Well we're off house hunting this afternoon and then late tonight when hubby gets home from work at about 1am, we're hitting the road to my grandma's house for Thanksgiving. I've already planned my Thanksgiving meal and I'm going to be just fine. If I do decide to have dessert, I'll have pumpkin pie and not eat the crust. I'm so excited to see my nephew who is a month older than my little one. I bought them matching outfits. It will be so cute!
I'll be back Saturday night, so I'll post next week!

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Lisa
Old 11-25-2004, 10:10 AM   #111  
I will make it!

Oh my lord I think I am finally off this friggin plateau!!! since last week I have gone from 163-159.5 range down to a solid 158.5 this morning...I am soooooo excited. thats a whole pound down from the previous low...woooohoooo. Now I know I pretty much have to stick to calorie counting...I cant go over 1500 cals...I must eat around 1200-1500 ...that seems to be my magic number and of course if I eat around 1500 cals...can’t do that everyday and I must always exercise at least 30 minutes every day.

So now I have proof....test is over...I was able to mainitain my weight nicely for 3 months at around 1800 to 2000 cals plus exercising. So I know that once I reach goal weight...I can slowly go back to that so long as I make exercising part of my life forever

So for the rest of this month right on up to the new year.... I hope to lose another 10 pounds and be at 148.5 for the new year....That is my biggest wish right now...I cant wait to wear something slinky for the new year and feel great in my body....keeping my fingers crossed

Meal Plan for today
snack: 24 carrots fruit smoothie 8.45oz
lunch: smoked meat sandwich...4 slices...on whole wheat bread
snack: yogurt
dinner: oven baked butternut squash (Dad is preparing that for me so when I get home, it will be ready!! I gotta keep him busy)and home made lean ground beef hamburger pattie on whole wheat bread

exercise: cycling for 30 minutes, floor exercises and arm weights

Ok Have a super duper day

And Happy Thanksgiving to all my American Chicks

Hugs to everyone and their families

Cyan
Old 11-25-2004, 03:45 PM   #112  

Happy Thanksgiving Everybody

Just got back from my Daddy's...will have another Thanksgiving at my Mother's on Saturday. As expected, I ate too much BUT I did do my exercise for 33 minutes before I ate. Day 5 of not missing a day of using my Air Walker. First day I've had more than 1500 calories also since Sunday. Back on track with the eating tomorrow.

Cyan, when I was doing so well two years ago, it was strictly from posting here, drinking water and keeping calories 1500 and under. I never went on a specific diet...just counted calories, and it worked great for me. I've learned it's the only way I can stick to a so-called diet...knowing I can have whatever, but it has to be worth the calories I waste on eating it. At least that way I don't ever have to feel anything is totally offlimits as long as it's accounted for. Mon-Fri, I stuck to the plan and tried to make healthier choices but I allowed myself the weekends to splurge and eat out for Mexican and other things that took my calories over the 1500 at times. It worked as long as I immediately got back down under 1500 on Monday each time. Guess today was my "weekend splurge" for this week.

Anyway, just wanted to check in. Have company coming soon for the weekend. (My college roommate) Need to do a few things before she gets here. Hope everyone has a great day.

Miki
Old 11-25-2004, 09:35 PM   #113  
Blooming Day by Day

Hi, girls! Boy, did it get busy in here! I am so glad to be back! It's so fun to get caught up with everything you all are doing. Happy Thanksgiving to all of you!! We had a very nice Thanksgiving today--we went out!!!!! Hubby suggested it because of how much I've been working, and I was glad to do it. I'm not much of a cook, and don't care much for big family holiday doings because of childhood memories from alcoholic father. This put such a positive spin on it--no cleaning before or after, no cooking, and probably less money than had I bought the food and cooked it myself. It was hubby, me, our two daughters, and my mother-in-law. We went to a Polish buffet--very nice homemade food--some traditional Thanksgiving things and lots of Polish stuff. I'm very comfy with that even though I'm not Polish because I've spent lots of time with people of eastern European descent (hubby is half Croatian, and the guy I was engaged to many years ago was Polish), and I enjoy the food. The best part was no stress at all ! I ate more than I am used to at a sitting, but I wasn't unreasonable at all. I ate very small portions of everything I chose so I could sample a number of things. I did eat one generous piece of pecan pie (absolutely delectable!), but that was the only large portion I ate. I do have a tummyache--3 hours later--but this is an "I ate something with eggs in it" tummyache. In case you don't recall--and Cybele doesn't know--I think I might be allergic to eggs because I get sick for several hours after eating them or anything with a certain (??) amount of egg in it.

Cjunk--thanks for being so concerned about me! I do do things for myself. I just don't talk about it much. I've been specifically working to get more sleep--I generally feel better when I get 8 hours regularly. I often curl up with magazines to unwind--in bed, of course, with only the cat nearby. She makes me feel so good. I feel so special around her because she follows me everywhere--sits with me wherever I am, and she always sleeps with me. She doesn't do that with anyone else in the house. I also have been buying clothes for myself--nice ones to wear to school. When I was single, I used to love buying clothes. I had such pretty ones when I was thinner. It's hard because I'm between a 14-16 and an 18 on top (not easy to find good tops) and a solid 14 on the bottom, but I've been able to find some very classic looking slacks and sweaters, plus I recently spent $60 on a single pair of shoes for school!!! Let's see--what else? I do a lot more going out by myself--just shopping--to dollar stores, linen stores, and just poking around where I feel like going. Also, having this computer we got just for me and making my own office just how I want it is something I'm doing for myself. I'm also doing lots of things to simplify how I do everything in my life because I just don't want lots of unwanted burdens or wasted energy or unnecessary stresses. I'm getting rid of tons of stuff in our house that we don't use--Monday I've got a donation truck coming to get 9--yes, NINE--boxes of stuff that I've been collecting for the last few months. Tomorrow hubby and I are going out together to a huge shopping area in northwest Indiana--we live on the IL/IN border at the south end of Lake Michigan (we're both off--and paid too!!! ) to find office furniture for my office space, to check out this huge teacher store I want to see, and do whatever else we feel like doing. The girls will be with grandma. Anyway, I do nice things for myself (i.e.--things that make me feel good) on a regular basis. They aren't exciting things, but they are things I like. What I'd really like is a good vacation with hubby only or even a few days alone somewhere. The first one won't happen for a while, but the second one may at some point.

Cyan--you asked what I was going to do to get my regimen straightened out. Let me start by saying that my actual weight is 162--5 lbs. up from where I've been. I've identified that impulse eating and stress/fatigue eating are my problem areas. I want to develop better choices for after-work snacks that will relieve my stress--crunchy, chewy, etc.--but will not cause additional stress because they are causing me to enlarge my body. I've been thinking carrots, apples, and frozen fruit, but I need more variety--I don't know what to choose--I want simple things, but no crackers, popcorn, chips, nuts, raisins, rice cakes, etc.--I lose control with those things. Any suggestions?? I want to save my grain eating for breakfast and bedtime snack--I sleep better with cereal or bread then--my body needs the serotonin it helps make to keep me away from depression and OCD attacks, and the fiber prevents constipation--sorry, no more Atkins for me, though I did lose weight. I think I need to cut out sweets too, for now. I know I need exercise, and I've been thinking about doing toning exercises for now--I'm not at all motivated to exercise in general, but I have a few toning exercises for abs, waist, hips, and thighs that are old favorites of mine. I've been thinking of doing a short routine of them just to get myself doing SOMETHING physical. You know, I'll make up a routine now and post it. Maybe I'll do it if I have to be accountable for it. Okay, here goes. I know the exercises behind these made-up names, so if they don't sound familiar to anyone, they are to me.

10 reverse crunches--for lower abs
10 reverse waist twists to each side--for waist
20 side leg lifts to each side--for hips
20 Georgia peach leg lifts each side--for glutes
10 upper waist twists to each side--for waist
10 hamstring twists to each side--for waist and hamstrings
20 butt lifts--for glutes

Let's see where that goes. I'll make it my goal to do it daily before bed.

Oh, by the way, I have to tell you--my students and I made the cutest turkey craft this week. We stuffed a lunch bag halfway with newspaper, closed it with a rubber band and cut off most of excess paper, made feathers out of tissue paper, attached them to the bag with a brown paper "taco shell" we glued the tissue into, colored pictures of turkey head profiles, wings, and feet, and glued them onto the bag at the right places. They were WONDERFUL!! The yearbook teacher asked me to take a picture for the school yearbook. I took a posed picture with all 18 turkeys together on desks, a smaller display of five of the best for a portfolio, and one with all of my students (except the one on vacation in Mexico) each holding their turkeys. I had so-o-o-o-o much fun. The kids did too.

Well, I've got to go. I've been babbling on for way too long. I'll be back soon. Thanks for being here.

Last edited by newinspiration; 11-25-2004 at 09:42 PM. Reason: left out something
Old 11-26-2004, 12:06 PM   #114  
I will make it!

I think I am getting sick...I woke up with an upset stomach! I went to work and now I feel horrible...I dont think I can stay here all day...something is not right. Weird..I was feeling fine last night and now this morning...its like someone flipped a switch...and I am not feeling well. I keep hoping that it will pass. I had a glass of skim milk and one banana for breakfast...I think I am gonna finish up this post and go home. Damn ...I hate losing out to illness and I dont get paid for it either.

I feel nauseous....and I have the runs....not good

Meal Plan for today
breakfast: skim milk with one banana
snack: dont know
lunch: dont know
dinner: dont know
beverages: water and maybe a juice of some kind

have a good day

Cyan
Old 11-26-2004, 07:22 PM   #115  

Cyan, sorry to hear you arent feeling well. I hope you were able to go home and sleep it off.

Newie, glad to hear from you again.

Last nite, I did 20 more minutes of my AirWalker for a total of 53 minutes yesterday. Havent done any today but I plan on it later on. Eating was on track all day today. Will take more than just today to make up for yesterday tho.

Well, have still company for the weekend so better go. Just wanted to check in.

MIKI
Old 11-27-2004, 08:02 PM   #116  

Cyan, Hope you are feeling well. Your post didn't sound like fun...

Miki, congratulations on using your air walker and staying on track with food!!

Newie, glad to read in your post that you do lots of things for yourself. I was beginning to worry about you in not knowing that!! Getting more sleep is certainly going to be helpful. Your own office sounds like it will be a nice haven for you!

Lisa, how is the house hunting going?? Your female patient example was helpful for me. On top of that I just saw the movie "Supersize Me" about a guy who eats McDonalds for a month and gets a lot fatter and pretty sick at that...all of thes things have turned me off of fast food so much that I have been cooking all of our meals lately. Gotta buy the DVD and play it every once in a while as that is a positive effect. I like to eat out at restaraunts often and I think that it is difficult to eat healthy at a restaraunt, so anything that helps me to cook at home certainly helps.

My fiance and I walked to shopping today--walked a few KM or more and ran our errands on foot which was great exercise. Finally looked at the new kids park in our neighbourhood and discovered that many of the stuff at the park was also suitable in strength and size for adults including rings that you can go to other rings etc. and a big spinning barrell that you can run on almost perpetually. Had a lot of fun going on it!!

Gotta run!

Cjunk
Old 11-28-2004, 04:38 PM   #117  
I will make it!

157 pounds!!! Yep...that was my new weight on Saturday...but I know I was dehydrated because I had this stomach virus...well lets see what next weekend will show...I am still pleased to see that new number...a new low for me...I havent been this light since ..like 5 years ago when I was at goal weight of 140 pounds.

So I am inching my way closer!

I am still not eating well...stomach is off and of course...the runs But I am drinking lots of water, had chicken noodle soup, bread and a piece of pumpkin butter goey cake...yep...even is my sick state..I can still chow down on cake…

Anyway, I have been sleeping like 12 hours everynight...I am so tired...this virus is having its way with me...but it feels good to just sleep. I left early on friday...2.30pm I just couldnt take it anymore, my stomach was hurting so bad...nauseous..you name it. I slept most of that day too.

Ok..hope everyone had a good weekend, I am gonna go chill some more.

Cjunk...I love playing in the park too...and what a great workout you get. Good going on walking!

Cyan
Old 11-28-2004, 09:17 PM   #118  

YIPPEE for CYAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is awesome!

Thanksgiving has come and gone and I cheated. I am back on track now, but I did allow myself about 24 hours of splurging. I will not weigh myself for about a week.

We found a house today and we're putting a bid on it tomorrow.

My husband will be doing all the details but I'm going to be at the hospital from 7am to 7pm. Only two more of those 12 hour days left! I can do it!

Well, I've got to get stuff ready for my day tomorrow before I can feel good about crawling into bed and sleeping away. I'm actually going in early since I didn't go in tonight to pick a patient.

Lisa
Old 11-29-2004, 10:17 AM   #119  
I will make it!

Hey my fellow chickies..thanks so much for the well wishes. I am still suffering the remnants of this gastritis...I had a piece of pumkin butter gooey cake yesterday...big big mistake...I am paying very dearly for it....so today I am on gatorade...I could not eat a thing this morning!! But I did go to work..I thought I was not going to be able to go but after 45 minutes of pain, it subsided and I was able to go to work...I know I am getting better because I am not as tired and I dont have fever anymore..just bad stomach and intestinal pain and all the lovely side effects from that.

Anyway, I havent been exercising ...not since friday...so dont know if I will tonight...we will see but somehow I doubt it.

Food Plan for today
breakfast: gatorade and orange julep...sweetened orange juice..very low acid
lunch: lipton cup of soup
dinner: probably toast with more liquids
beverages: water, and tea and maybe gatorade

thats it for me..have a great day

Cyan

Hey Lisa!! Congrats on selling your house and finding a new one!!WOOHOOO good luck with that
Old 11-30-2004, 11:14 AM   #120  
I will make it!

It always amazes me how just like a switch turned on..you have a stomach virus and then 4 days later..switch it turned off and you feel better again. Oh well..I am not going to complain about feeling better. Just gonna take it.

So I guess I am back on track with the food plan...but I will step back from spicy food until I am 100% again.

I hope I can see 157 again this weekend or a big jump for joy would be to see 156.5, 156..dare I even write down these numbers! Who knows..I saw 157 last saturday but with dehydration and all..you never know.

Well have a super duper day

Cyan
Closed Thread