Closed Thread

Old 09-18-2004, 10:01 AM   #31  

ARGH!~ I just accidentally erased everthing I typed.

Okay...I weighed myself today. 197.5. I'll weigh again next Saturday.

Have a great weekend everyone!

Lisa
Old 09-20-2004, 10:49 AM   #32  
I will make it!

Still struggling with the 160’s...I am starting to think its more of a mental block than a plateau...for some reason I am not ready to get off of the 160’s....but I am working on it...so no budging on the scale this week but I know it will happen soon...I am definitely trying to understand why I keep sabotaging myself. For instance...when I go grocery shopping...I will buy foods that I know are trigger foods...like key lime pie, chocolate covered almonds, chocolate sauce...ice cream...yet I buy them saying to myself that I can eat them in moderation...Of course I cant, so I over eat them and I dont lose any weight...So I know this is something I am doing to myself.

I am very proud of myself this weekend I didnt buy any trigger foods...I still have vanilla ice cream, chocolate sauce, butterscothc sauce, and chocolate covered almonds in the house...and my Dad bought tortilla chips...pudding...and cookies but I am very good and not touching those...except for the tortilla chips...sometimes I can leave those and sometimes I cant. Ya never know.

So this week I will be cutting back on the bread...sort of like an SBD phase one but not as trict. I think I need to shock my body out of the 160’s...oh so close...just 1.5 pound away ...but no cigar...yet anyway

Meal Plan for today
breakfast: carnation breakfast with skim milk
lunch: 4oz fillet mignon steak with salad (no dressing)
dinner: chicken breast with red bell pepper and green beans
snacks: mixed berries, two hard boiled egg
beverages: water, tea and diet cola

exercise: walked to work and will walk home, cycle 20 minutes and warm up...calisthenics

So if I can keep this up....I should be 159 by friday...wish me luck

Have a great day folks

Cyan

Hey I almost forgot...I bought some new clothes....one of them being a size 10 jeans...which I already wore over the weekend...and a sweater....its all good...I just really want to get off of the 160’s...already YEESH!!
Old 09-20-2004, 11:12 AM   #33  

Morning gals,
Cyan, I hear your struggle and I am taking the opportunity to give you a cyber-kick!! You have worked so hard for this and you deserve the rewards, so stop sabotoging yourself!! Get rid of those foods from your home that could be a temptation or buy your dad a lock box and give him the key so he can get his junk food when he needs it and you are not tempted by it!!! You can do this--I know that you can!!! This is the time to ramp up and increase your exercise a bit to get yourself off of this plateau. I look forward to hearing more about your results by the end of this week or next!! Cjunk
Old 09-21-2004, 11:03 AM   #34  

Hello Hello. How is everyone? I have been busy busy busy. It's never ending. Living with the in-laws is not bad at all....so far. It's actually quite nice because I have a little extra help with the kids and I'm not responsible for ALL the housework. Hubby has been working very long hours and getting home about 4 or 4:30am. He goes into work at 4pm. Due to a policy change, 3 days after he started this new job, he got a $1/hour raise!! Living with his parents is going to help us save so much money and now with all he's making, we'll be able to save even more. That will be nice so that when we move into the new house, we will actually be able to afford it. LOL

Well, food wise...I'm trying. It's been really difficult. This past weekend my son had his 5 year birthday and I had cake.....and then on Sunday I had sweet rolls and Baclava. I hope to get a membership to the YMCA either this weekend or next so I can exercise and stuff. They also have a swimming class for babies and moms so I think that would be great. Although, I'm not a big fan of putting on a bathing suit. Oh well...it's not all about me is it???

Well, I hope everyone out there is doing well. Cyan and Cjunk, great reading your post. Hope to hear from the rest...Newie, Debee, Miki, and REINA!!!!!

Have a great day everyone!

Lisa
Old 09-21-2004, 11:56 AM   #35  
I will make it!

Hello

Hey Cjunk...thanks for the cyber kick...seems to be working..the last couple of days I have been on target with the calories...but I am still allowing enough calories for my sweet tooth...I have light vanilla ice cream with a teaspoon of fudge....and 18 tortilla chips with a tablespoon of cream cheese....better than a full on binge. I also walked to work and back and cycled for 20 minutes...so I got my exercise in.

I walked in this morning to find out that our company was broken into last night at around mid night. The pretty much vandalized the place and stole some flat panel monitors and left in a hurry when they heard the cops coming.

Anyway, its always exciting working around here

Meal Plan for today
lunch: chili con carne
dinner: chicken breast with red pepper
snacks: hard boiled egg, cottage cheese and mixed berries

exercise: walking to work and back, and pilates

Have a good day folks

Cyan
Old 09-23-2004, 09:38 AM   #36  
I will make it!

Hey Girls

Thats what I have been doing this week...so far I am pretty much on track with the exercising and food intake. I have not gone over 1500 calories and I have exercised every day this week. I already walked into work and will walk back...I will cycle and do calisthenics for a warm down. My friend came over last night and when she saw me pedalling away...she was encouraged to use my bike after I was done with it and worked out too It was cool because she is trying to shed about 10 to 15 pounds herself.

Anyway, I didnt over eat last night..so that is always good...I did have desert...as usual...5 chocolate covered almonds, and 1/2 cup of low fat ice cream.

Meal Plan for today
lunch: pork loin with macaroni, green beans and red peppers
dinner: charbroiled chicken with green salad
snacks: yogurt, chocolate covered almonds

exercise: walk to work and back, cycle and pilates

well, my big weigh in is this saturday so hopefully I will be off of the 160’s...that is my goal for this week

Have a good day

Cyan
Old 09-24-2004, 10:47 AM   #37  

Cyan, sounds like you've been doing great this week! Keep up the good work. Can't wait to hear about your weigh in!

As for me, My week has pretty much sucked. Tuesday, just before our meeting with the builders of our new house, we get a phone call from our realtor to let us know that the people who were going to buy our house didn't qualify for their financing and so our house is now back on the market. The builders absolutely not start building until our house has sold. Our financing has been somewhat of a challenge also and while we're still approved, it would be better if there was a house we liked that was already built because interest rates can't be locked in as long as it would take to build. I feel like we're back to square one and I'm overwhelmed with school work and kids as it is. I was supposed to go to my parents this weekend, but I called them at 10:30 last night to tell them I just couldn't do it. I have too much going on here. I was finally able to breathe after I called them. So, today I'm going to get caught up and relaxed and then I'll enjoy Saturday with my kids. Sunday it all starts all over again... I actually had dream last night that there was a volcano (there are no mountains here) and that we were running trying to get away from the lava...at one point we were trapped inside of a building and could only let it engulf us. I'm really freaking out! So, today I'm going to get organized and try to salvage my mental health!

As for eating....it's been horrible...I just had coco pebbles and a brownie with a diet Dr. Pepper for breakfast... I'm definitely an emotional eater..

Hope everyone else is doing well!! I could really use some words of encouragement!!

Lisa
Old 09-27-2004, 11:02 AM   #38  
I will make it!

Hey Lisa...sorry to hear about your house ordeals..hang in there. I totally know what you mean about being an emotional eater...I used to do that all time and I still do when I am feeling super stressed and overwhelmed.

Well I didnt see 159 this weekend...I think I am retaining water...because my hands were puffy ...so I was at 161.5 instead and I know I didnt gain any fat...I was very good all week and all week I was at 160..so I will be patient and keep going and I will see 159 before this week is over. But it is very frustrating...ACK ACK ACK .

So I am even more motivated to stick to my guns and make that scale move off of the 160's

Ok have a good day

Cyan
Old 09-27-2004, 11:19 AM   #39  

Hang in there Cyan. You'll be in the 150's soon and even in the meantime, you're a very special, beautiful, disciplined woman that will not judge your self worth by how much you weigh!!!

I'm starting to prepare to take control of my eating. I'm starting out good today. I'm also going to take a look at my life and try to schedule in some exercise. I'm so out of shape! I didn't weigh in this weekend...I had enough stuff to be upset about.

Life is too short to not enjoy it. My weight is a small issue that is far less important than so many other things!

Have a great day everyone!

Lisa
Old 09-27-2004, 02:09 PM   #40  

Default Hi Gang!!

Hello Everyone,

It's been a while since I've posted but I am taking time from the hectic schedule to say hello. Last week I scheduled too many appointments and I learned not to do that for this week so I am actually having a real lunch break right now!! Somehow I have energy today where I woke up and vacuumed my house because before I even left for work!! Strange for me as I am usually not so organized.

Cyan--Hang in there and stick with your discipline. Plateaus are tough to get over but once your body does you will find it getting easier and easier!!

Lisa--Sorry to hear about your house deal. The market is a good one right now though so I can imagine that in no time you will have someone interested in buying again very soon!! I think you did the right thing in taking control of some relaxation time and postponing your visit. Take good care of your body right now if you are under stress and your mind will then take care of you so that you have a clear head. You are a very intelligent, organized and creative individual--you have a lot of great things going for you!

How is everyone else doing?? For me I am finding that I am pretty much holding steady at my weight and baseball season is now over so I have to schedule some time in to do another sport to keep me active. I think I will schedule in a regular gym night in my daytimer where I go for a 1 hour swim and then a yoga class. That way I am incorporating relaxation with exercise. Lately I have been "miss organizer" and can't figure out why but it seems to make me feel positive about things. I have been organizing Christmas gifts, cleaning more, getting houshold chores done. I am optimizing on the energy while I have it!! I am now down to one job instead of the two I was working (I was working about 50 hours a week and now I work about 40 hours/wk). This has made a huge difference and those extra hours feel like a ton of time!!

Gotta get back to work.

Cjunk
Old 09-28-2004, 09:17 AM   #41  
I will make it!

Hey Cjunk

Good to hear that you are holding steady with the weight. And look at you with all that energy...I am thinking you are feeling healthier? And good going for cutting back on your work load...you gotta take care of yourself too. I like to organize too...its a strong urge in me..LOL Well I am glad to hear that you are doing well.

Hey Lisa..you are right..life is too short..good to hear that you are rethinking your plan and the key to success is never to quite...I think you get that...so you will make things happen for you...you are smart...so I have full confidence in you that you will reach your goals. Good going on exercising.

Let me know how you are doing

Meal Plan for today
breakfast: fuit cocktail (home made) Dad made it, 1 slice whole wheat bread with peanut butter light
lunch: chicken korma...indian dish with side salad of arthicoke hearts
dinner: chicken mole...mexican...shredded chicken breast with mole sauce and a side of baby carrots
snacks: yogurt

exercise: walk to and from work, cycle and pilates

Have a great day ladies

Cyan
Old 09-29-2004, 08:56 AM   #42  

Hi Cyan, I forgot to mention that I got my iron levels back to normal!! Although I just had my period and I noticed that I feel a lot more tired since then so I am back to high iron foods and vitamin C to see if I can get more stores. It apparently takes months to build up storage so I know I am on the right track--and I can tell too with all the extra energy. I feel like a new person!! Mornings are still really rough for me. I used to be a morning person when I was younger but as I age I can't seem to get up--it feels good to keep sleeping!! I have very vivid dreams all the time in which I dream in colour--this has been happening for years. One of my favorite dreams (don't laugh too hard), is where I get to go to a cheesecake buffet and I eat all the different types of cheesecake that I want until I am full (I can't eat cheesecake anymore in real life as it gives me stomach aches and causes many trips to the bathroom!). I actually wake up full the next day but with a smile on my face!!!
Hope everyone else is doing well, talk to you all again soon. Cjunk
Old 09-29-2004, 09:09 AM   #43  
I will make it!

Cjunk...now that is my kind of dream...LOL Good to hear that you are feeling better.

I think my scale is stuck at 160....I am so close...so here is to losing just one more pound...cheers...wooohoo...I can do it...right?

Meal Plan for today
lunch: tuna, trout potato, asparagus salad with light mayo
dinner: chicken mole
snack: fruit cocktail and yogurt

exercise: walk to work and back and cycle

Have a good day

Cyan
Old 09-29-2004, 11:07 PM   #44  
Blooming Day by Day

Hi, ladies--I'm not lost, though it seems as if I am--I haven't been here to post in over a week--probably closer to two. I've just been very busy--everything from papers to grade to that bad cold to taking the cat to the vet for dentistry to meetings at school to grocery shopping to laundry to choosing ceramic tile for our new bathroom floor--the one damaged by the water leak--it is going to cost nearly $2000 to replace it!! We also learned that there is a certain weakness that needs to be repaired. That made the price go up, I'm sure. It's just that there's so much to do. My food hasn't been wonderful. Those few cookies and faculty birthday cake little by little ran things up about 2 - 3 pounds. I'm not sure. Anyway, I'm hanging in there. Tonight's the first night/day in nearly two weeks that I've not had to run around somewhere to lessons or doctor or grocery shopping or some other errand of some type. I'm happy in school--just too much to do and so little time. I've begun having hot flashes again. My period disappeared again, so I am not surprised. They are worse than they were last year though. Last night I was awakened by one and had to go to the living room and open the window to cool off. It feels like under my skin is on fire. Anyway, I quickly read the recent posts. Hang in there, Cyan. I know the struggle--you want to do it, but it's so-o-o-o-o-o hard. Lisa, I feel for you--having to get rid of a house to get somewhere to live is no fun at all. You sound just about as tired as I feel. Good to hear from you, Cjunk. Well, I'm going to bed. I wrote three tests tonight. I usually grade papers for about an hour in the morning, so I want to get to bed. Bye for now.
Old 10-04-2004, 09:50 AM   #45  
I will make it!

Default Hello Ladies

had a pretty good weekend hanging out with my friends....Food on Saturday was bad bad bad...I had 1/2 a medium pepperoni pizza from Dominos...for real...it was sooooooo good and it had been probably over a year since I had had domino’s pizza...and I drank a full fat coke too...one can (12oz)....and I had a big piece of lemon pie, key lime sorbet, and a big piece of chocolate cake with icing...this is over last three days

So as you can see..pretty much out of control food wise...I did exercise...cycled and did pilates. So its monday morning and I am back on schedule and will have to be very good all week...or else I will never reach my goal of 140 pounds.

I didnt realize how much junk and calories I had eaten all week until I wrote it down here...that’s a lot of food...when I am eating all of this food I rationalize it and make it feel like its not a lot of food...so journaling is helping me face my reality.

Well I am hoping for a more structured week.

Meal Plan for today
lunch: ham and cheese sandwich
dinner: tuna salad with lettuce, onions, sweet peppers (olive oil vingagrette)
snack: yogurt, piece of chocolate cake ( I know ...bad bad bad) but its made with apple sauce and no oils of any kind

exercise: cycling and pilates
Closed Thread