Closed Thread

Old 09-07-2004, 10:08 AM   #16  
I will make it!

Hey...looks like it hopping back in here...Nice reading all your posts. Just a quick note from me..I am on vacation this week so some chilling is in my immediate future. Exercising has been ok..food the same except I had a big piece of key lime pie yesterday. I am still at 161 pounds...its taking forever to get out of the 160's but I am still plugging away at it. Have a great super day

Cyan
Old 09-07-2004, 04:45 PM   #17  

Hi Ladies,

I'm back too! Summer has been very busy and now that the kids are back in school I have a bit more time. Miki, Lisa, Cyan, Newie and Cjunk I have read all your posts and am thinking about you!

I got a new car last week..a chevy tahoe...it is a big suv but wanted it for the lakehouse. I have been busy painting the garage creating a kids garage art gallery. I painted the walls a light coca brown and then put up a black and white check border and have the kids artwork all framed in black frames, I also painted lockers with black chalk board paint and now organized the families winter hats, mittens, boots and shoes. I put up checked toppers over the white sheer curtains and plan to paint the floor. It looks great. I have so much artwork from the kids that it would not fit on the refridge.

Another project is to plant about 100 daffodils this fall at my house and another 100 at the lakehouse. I guess this will help me lose some weight because this summer has not been good... I gained 10 pounds and hope to lose it by Halloween and by my Christmas party to lose 20 pounds.

I hope to post at least three times a week. Have a great night!
Old 09-07-2004, 10:46 PM   #18  

welcome back too Debee! I myself have been away for a while. Your painting sounds very creative and fun too!! I am doing some "pre-Christmas" planning of gifts etc. this evening. I know it is only Sept. but I find the best deals this time of year and I get my shopping done early so it saves lots of money!! I found a Body Shop outlet less than an hour away and picked up lots of great savings there last week. Got all my cards and wrapping paper/gift bags in early spring on sale, so I am way ahead of the game so far. Cyan, I hope you have a great vacation--take some time for yourself if you can and drop in if you have time to let us know how it is going!

I had a pretty good eating day today and feel much better about myself when I steer clear of junk!!

Talk to everyone more soon!
Cjunk
Old 09-08-2004, 09:27 AM   #19  

Wow! It's so awesome to see so many of you back here! I missed you!!!

Debee, your art project sounds way cool!

Cjunk, I think a tropical wedding would be great! If I could do my wedding over, I would've gone somewhere really cool like that instead of spending all the money on a reception or fancy hotel in Dallas. I would have had a more private wedding where it was more for Hubby and Me and not everyone else.

Well, I'mg getting kids ready for school. I am doing Atkins, and it's going okay. I decided to stay off the scale for a while. We're moving this weekend AND taking a fun trip to Kansas City to stay at Great Wolf Lodge ( a hotel with a water park inside!). So, next week we'll be at my in-laws to reside for the next 5 months or so.

Have a great day eveyone and WELCOME BACK!

Lisa
Old 09-08-2004, 09:15 PM   #20  

Hi Lisa, thanks for the welcome back!! Your trip to Kansas City sounds like it will be great!! I take it you sold your house--congratulations as I understand from your posts that you were hoping it would go through. Will you still be coming on to this forum when you are at your in-laws?? We hope to stil have you here!! Today was a whirlwind of visits and meetings and the day went by fast. Tomorrow I have double what I had today and I don't quite know how I will manage that yet, but I guess it will go by equally as fast!!!

Lisa, I love your scary blue-haired character you picked for the end of your post!!

Talk to everyone soon!
Cjunk
Old 09-09-2004, 06:22 PM   #21  

Hi ladies,

Cjunk we must have a telepathic thing going on... I started my xmas shopping today!
I decided I wanted to enjoy the holidays this year ..making cookies, going to see the nutcracker, doing some school events...fun stuff not running around last minute shopping. I brought some really nice red gift bags and some pinecone decorations and green french wire ribbon, ...I also brought my xmas cards and hope to get my cards out and done by Thanksgiving.

Lisa, let me know how the hotel is... there is one opening about two hours from where we live next spring.

Cyan, have a relaxing and chilling vacation.

Miki, thinking about you!

Newie, hope school is going well

Reina, where are you???? Please come back we miss you.

Well, today was ok foodwise...I was busy shopping from 9 a.m. - 2 p.m. skipped breakfast and lunch and even though I was straving when I went food shopping I did not buy junk food. Had to take my son to piano lessons after school so I didn't get home until 5 p.m. and hubby is working late so i fed the kids early and I just had a cheese quesdilla and three handfuls of trail mix and some green tea. It was good expect for the trail mix...the nuts are high in calories.

Well, this morning I was 140. I am going to try to weigh myself every Friday morning.
Hopefully by next week I will be 137. How I will do it:

1. walk to bus every day
2. start la fitness
3. follow some diet plan ...adkins?
4. drink more green tea
Old 09-10-2004, 06:45 AM   #22  
Blooming Day by Day

Hey, everyone! It must be a crazy week, since everyone is gone. I know I've not had time to get in here since Monday. How is everyone? Cjunk, it was great to hear from you. I too am struggling. I'm very busy at school and with my daughters, which I think is burning calories, but I'm eating far too many sweets. I know most of it is about convenience and the immediate ah-h-h-h! I get during stressful moments. So far I don't seem to be gaining any weight--actually my clothes are looser--must be the movement I'm doing in my day. Anyway, I just thought I'd check in. I've got to take care of some business on line and then write a composition assessment sheet for something the kids are working on, and I need it today. Thank goodness it's Friday!! I'm tired of running this week. I need a break!
Old 09-13-2004, 04:12 PM   #23  
I will make it!

I am back from Vacation..a little hectic it was but none the less it was nice not having to work.

The week flew by and left me wishing for another week's vacation.

I didnt log any of my foods but I did exercise although not as much since i didnt walkt to work and back.

other than that...not much else to report

I will weigh in this saturday but the last time I checked I was down to 160.5 pounds...just around the corner from cracking out of the 160's...cant wait

let's hope that this past week of not logging in my food didnt jeopardize my outcome this weekend

But if it did I wont dispair...I will just keep plugging away at it

take care girls

Cyan
Old 09-14-2004, 10:00 AM   #24  

Hello girls. How is everyone? I'm hanging in there. This past weekend was great on our trip to Kansas City at the Great Wolf Lodge. That is the coolest place! We stayed in a room called Kid Cabin and it has a little cabin inside of the hotel room with a twin bed and a bunk bed, a TV and little windows. Then on the other side of that was a full size bed, a hide-a-bed and a fireplace, a TV and a Wet bar with a refridgerator and a microwave. There was a nice Balcony also. Then, downstairs from our room was a HUGE waterpark indoors. We played for hours. There were things for everyone in the family including the baby. We had a blast. Also, before and during our fantastic trip, we were moving in with the in-laws. We've just about gotten settled in. It's been stressful for me because I've had school and Jeff started his new job yesterday and I worry that all of our hustle and bustle with moving will stress out the parents. (grandparents). I had clinical at the Psych hospital Sunday and Monday. Last night I was up until midnight putting things away and doing laundry. So I think today I can take a deep breath and just relax and do school work at my leisure.

Okay..food..Well over the weekend I ate lots and lots of yummy food. And when I say yummy I mean the fattiest, sugar-filled, high calorie, melt in your mouth yummy. However, Yesterday I was back on Atkins. This is what I ate yesterday:

breakfast: fried eggs and water
lunch: grilled chicken salad from Wendy's and a diet pepsi.
dinner: bag of peanuts from vending machine and diet vanilla coke.
snack: 1Carb Reeses peanut butter cup candy bar.
some cheddar cheese
more water
1/2 can of diet pepsi.

So, it wasn't the best meal plan yesterday but my school schedule threw me off...and I'm at my in-laws and haven't gone shopping for some good stuff. I definitely need more veggies.

Debee...when you say LA fitness...are you talking about LA weightloss? I did that and I lost 31 pounds. It was tough, but very reasonable. A little pricey but not too bad. I also saw you were thinking of doing Atkins. Let me know if you need any food ideas or advice on that. Definitely buy the book and read about it. You'll need the information to defend the diet when other people tell you how bad it is for you. People seem to think that all you eat is greasy fat food, but you don't. You can eat all the green veggies you want and you can choose lean meats. You don't have to have the mayo, sour cream, butter, etc, but you can in moderation if you want.

Okay, that's enough out of me this morning. Everyone have a GREAT day!!

Lisa
Old 09-15-2004, 10:12 AM   #25  
I will make it!

Hey Girls...I have been struggling as of late with my food intake...taking in way to much food...how strange...I was doing so well...I was down to 160.5 pounds and now it seems like I dont care...I need to evaluate my thinking and understand why I am sabotaging myself by overeating and underexercising. I am on my period but I dont know if I can blame it on that entirely...maybe it was the vacation from work...I was completely off plan since last tuesday and stopped inputting my food into fitday.

Right away I realized that once I stopped journaling and counting calories I went of my plan and started overeating...even after all this time...it is still very easy for me to get off track.

Meal Plan for today
breakfast: carnation breakfast with skim milk
lunch: homemade chicken salad sandwich on a bun with cucumber spears
dinner: homemade chili con carne with feta
snacks: apple, yogurt and one cup of mixed berries
beverages: water, tea and diet cola

exercise: walk home, cycling and maybe pilates

Have a good day

Cyan
Old 09-16-2004, 09:49 AM   #26  

Cyan...don't be too hard on yourself. We all splurge and get off the healthy bandwagon every once in a while. You work so hard and you are so disciplined. You will get back into the swing of things and be in the 150s before you know it! Food has many holds over us. We NEED it to live, but it also contributes to our emotions, our security, our pleasure. Food is good. I've started paying more attention to how I feel before during and after I eat. I'm trying to recognize my own bodie's reaction to food. Before I eat...I ask myself.."Am I really hungry?" I try to avoid that disgusting "too full" feeling when I eat. I'm doing well on Atkins and although I haven't weighed myself in a LONG time, I feel good.

Living with the In-laws hasn't been too bad so far. It's actually nice. My only concern is sometimes I let the baby cry for a little bit when I need to get something done real quick or something or help the other kids with something, and so my MIL will pick him up and try to comfort him, and then I feel like she may feel like I expect her to do that and then she might think that I'm taking advantage of having her here. Also, because I have a nursing baby, I do things when I can. For example..if I'm fixing dinner for the kids or cleaning up some mess we made, but the baby is hungry, I'll stop and feed him for a few minutes and then get back to what I was doing...so my MIL will start doing what I had started like there was a time limit or something...and then I feel like I'm being lazy by sitting down and breastfeeding. AND...before she goes to bed she likes to have her kitchen all put up and cleaned, so if she is in a hurry to get that done, we have to be done eating all of a sudden...I'm sure that this will all work itself out, but it's a bit challenging to co-mingle our lifestyle with the 3 kids and their lifestyle with two adults and a 15 year old. Very different styles.

Well, that's all for now.

Lisa
Old 09-16-2004, 01:02 PM   #27  
I will make it!

Hey Lisa

That is tough...getting used to someone else's routing and lifestyles...I am sure this is a breaking in period and that soon you guys will find your groove.

I am having terrible cravings for sweets of any kind...I am actually tyring to ride out a craving for chocolate at the moment and not run out and buy some...damn its hard...but I will tough it out... I have to or else I will never lose my last 20 pounds!!

Meal Plan for today
lunch: chili with beans and meat
dinner: oven baked trout with green salad
snacks: granny smith apple and one cup of mixed berries
beverages: water, tea and diet cola

exercise: walk home and cycle for 20 minutes

Have a good day

Cyan
Old 09-16-2004, 08:45 PM   #28  

Hi everyone,
I read over all of the posts and it sounds like we are all working hard!! Cyan, welcome back and get yourself back on track!! Remember how hard you have worked and how well it has paid off!!! Anyhow, that is my cyberkick in total. I am not good at being a drill-sergeant. Lisa, your trip sounded excellent and I agree with Cyan that routines will be established over time--not to worry. Debee-how is it going with your plan? Newie--you sound so busy!! I am trying to give myself a bit of time during the week to slow down. Today I met colleagues for lunch for 1hour which I never have time to do!! It felt so relaxing...we need that now and again.
Old 09-17-2004, 10:20 AM   #29  
I will make it!

Hey Girls

Well I am slowly getting back on track with the food but let me tell you...it has been hard. Last night instead of having the oven baked trout with the salad, I had smoked salmon and trout on a multigrain bagel with light cream cheese...it was all good...I did manage to ride out my afternoon crave for chocolate...so that was a big victory for me.

I did have 12 chocolate covered almonds in the evening after my meal but that was much better than the previous nights. I also gave away my summer harvest pie to Ivano who graciously came over to my house to pick it up.

I walked home last night and did pilates but no cycling. For some reason for about a couple of hours during the time I usually cycle, I was sooooo sleepy...I am wondering if it wasnt because of the multi grain bagel..one bagel is 300 calories..YIKES

Anyway, Meal Plan for today
lunch: multi grain bagel with cream cheese and smoked salmon/trout
dinner: tuna on whole wheat bread with green salad
snacks: banana, yogurt and one cup of mixed berries
beverages: water, tea, coffee and diet cola

exercise: walk home, pilates

Have a great day

Cyan
Old 09-17-2004, 11:43 PM   #30  
Blooming Day by Day

Hi, everyone! Sorry I was gone all week, but it looks like it's been pretty busy in here. I caught a cold--got it from school through my own children--I think I've given it back to some of my students. I went to work every day, despite chest congestion and semi-laryngitis--it's harder to set up for a sub than to suffer through the day. I always went home and just went to bed, didn't grade any papers, and seldom cooked this week, so I am better--still have congestion in the bronchial tubes and off-and on hoarseness. We had open house Monday night too, there was a dance lesson on Tuesday, and a dr. appointment with daughter's allergy/asthma dr. Thursday, so I've deserved every moment of rest I took. Food wasn't too bad this week--no appetite, and with the congestion, up till today, whenever I ate, I felt like I was choking. That'll take away your appetite for sure. I have in general been eating sweets, but in moderation, I think. So far my clothes are still loose. As of last week, the scale said 157.5. That's about the same. I know what you mean, Lisa, about trying to listen to your body. I have been doing the same for some time now--stopping eating before getting that nasty, sicky full feeling, thinking, "Do I really want to eat, or is something going on?" Also, I've found that if I am very busy and involved in something, I forget to eat. I also cannot eat breakfast immediately when I get up like I used to--except for coffee. I often get up at 5:00, and I frequently don't even think about eating till 7:30 or 8:00. Cyan, hang in there. I've seen so many ups and downs in my own motivation over the years. Food is really a rough issue to deal with. It's necessary, and it's supposed to be enjoyable. Yet somehow it becomes our enemy. I think it's very hard to develop a healthy relationship with food. I think we fall down a lot. I also think we lose some of the pleasure and satisfaction food is supposed to bring us because of the pain it has caused in our lives. It is very complicated, in my opinion. Well, I'm going to go. I'm feeling very sleepy, and I want to watch Leno for a while and maybe turn on Home and Garden TV before I actually go to sleep. I often sleep on the couch when I have a cold--don't want to wake hubby with coughing or give him the cold--first he's miserable and then because of his fine manly nature, he is extremely difficult when he gets sick. I do what I can to avoid getting him sick in the first place to avoid the difficulty, and if it means sleeping on couch a few nights, so be it. I get a little time to myself anyway, which I am always starved for, so it's not all bad. Well, bye for now. More soon.
Closed Thread