Old 08-30-2004, 05:28 PM   #31  

Height: 5 foot

Hello Chickadees! Whew I haven’t been here in a while! That tropical storm took away our power yesterday. And now it’s the first time I’m taking a break. I've started my new diet.. and so far I've done great... I haven’t exercised yet though. I weighed in today too because I'm starting a new.. and I'm up to 146. That really really sucks! But... who's fault is it... MINE duh! I know that I haven't been eating right or even exercising... I should be grateful that it's not more than that! I've been known to gain 10 lbs in a week before. So anyways I went spent about 20 bucks on some f/f milk and so forth.. I havent even gotten into my points yet for today. I will save that for dinner. I'm doing great except for this headache. I have been having a headache every day now.. It's starting to get annoying! But it doesn’t stay ALL day, but it goes a way and comes back.. I wonder what it is. It can't be sugar withdrawal... since I ate so badly this weekend! We went over to my husbands friends house... and I met his wife. She is very nice, and they have a 3 yr old. But she's not skinny, and not worried about her weight. She's really pretty too. But the thing was that they ordered pizza... so it was either eat or starve... and i ate! So anyways I got some work to do.. but I'm going to get my weight back under control.. I know this! Anyways.. time is running short and I have to finish dinner. My daughter doesn’t seem to want to take her nap.. so she's driving me insane! I hope everyone is having a great day! I will try to come back later and get personal. Jaymi
Jaymi_Dol_78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2004, 05:46 PM   #32  
burned out bus driver

This has been the longest summer.......and I did not get a darned thing done!!!!!!
For those of you who do not remember me~ I am the former SAHM- mother of 3, and just sent our oldest off to college. What insanity that was!!
I miss this thread, but it is too busy for me to keep up with on a daily basis.......so I am here for a quick hello.
Just a few quickies..... Crystal, how is the pregnancy going??? You feeling good, I ho-pe? Leigh- hope you make it thru the day within points....drink, drink, drink.........
Michele- how sad to have 2 horrible accidents in your area in such a short time! And I thought that Montana was a safe place too! Hugs.
Geri- trying to plan a getaway???? Hope the weather stays ok for you. How are Will and Tony doing?
Spryng- congrats on still losing.....keep throwing the WW Questions to me if you have them. I figure I will get to a meeting Wed nite.
Sorry I have missed lots of folks......just stopped in to say hello before school starts, which is Thursday. I am NOT looking foward to that at all!!!!!!! Summer went too quickly, and now all the schedules etc......return. As far as WW goes, this weekend for me was a blow out- and I am not sure if I am going to do core plan or stay flex.
I might give core a try for a week or two, which is basically what they suggest.
Guess I'd better go do some vacuuming.........Hi to everyone!!!!
Ginny
ECmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2004, 06:07 PM   #33  
Walking away the weight

Deana- WTG with the new mini-goal- I know you can do it!

Jaymi-what new diet are you doing? I'm sure you've already said, but I think it was when I was away . . . Hope it helps remotivate you. I am recommited . . . especially since I want to wear my garnet anklet soon and have to hit 152 before I put it on LOL!

Ginny- Welcome back! I'm still within my points today, but will drink more Sounds like you had a very hectic summer! Don't feel like you have to reply to every single post- it's just good to know you're doing well.

TTYL!
Loveliam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2004, 06:29 PM   #34  
burned out bus driver

Someone mentioned the Leslie Sansone tape with the stretchie.....How is it??Is the stretchie worth it?????? (forgive me for being lame brained and not remembering who bought them!)
Ginny
ECmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2004, 06:52 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Hello again!

Dinner was fantastic!! I made taco Junk... I think I posted the recipe here a couple days ago. But anyway, it was so good! I put some ff cheese, avocado slices and sour cream on top of the meat mixture and YUM! I had two! (used both AP's I earned today and it was worth it!) the kids loved it too. So I'll be making that one again soon!
Wanted to share some good news with you all.... I am now a moderator of the Core board!!! I'm so excited! I asked a few days ago about it and I just found out I was approved! That doesn't mean you'll see less of me, lol.. I actually post on it all the time and still haven't missed posting here! So don't worry! I'm not going anywhere! But since this is such a new program it's so nice to be able to help others get started too.

Ginny!!! So nice to see you here!! How are ya? And I will definitely take you up on those ww questions! LOL... and I would encourage you to at least try core for one week... I mean you have nothing to lose (except maybe a few lbs!) and you can always go right back to flex if it isn't for you. But the success has been great on core. Let me know how everyone at your meeting likes it ok? I'm always interested in hearing how others are taking it and doing on it. And come back more often!! We are still a busy thread but quickies are ok!!

jaymi, I think you are going to do great!! Hang in there and I hope that headache subsides... maybe it's just stress? maybe you are sleeping wrong and causing it? my dh gets back headaches if his neck is wrong on his pillow.

Deana, I know what you mean about the 6 years flying by! We just celebrated our 6 th anniversary back in april and boy, it went by too fast. We are best friends though so every year gets better and better it seems. I think your mini goal sounds great! We will help you achieve it!

Leigh, if I go off plan I always feel so hungry the day I start over again... so it is probably just that. Tomorrow you should feel less hungry. Just keep guzzling that water to flush everything out and to help fill you up some. Sounds like you have been busy since you got home! relax a little!! LOL

Michelle, I've seen that machine! I can't wait to hear how you like it!

Geri, what am I doing to you!! LOL.. can't hassle me anymore, lol. Sure you can!! Hassle me about being on this computer too much, lol. So is that storm going to affect your vacation?

Jill, how did your dinner come out? or is still too early there? Did you go rent that game?? And I am the opposite of you, I like workout where I DON'T sweat, lol... I loved my pilates because of that.. but my cousin has it right now. I need to get it back.

Well, I need to get off here. TTYL!
spryng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2004, 07:11 PM   #36  
Curves 6-week solution

S/C/G: 159/159/135

Height: 5'4"

Well dinner won't be ready till about 6 so another couple hours. I might take it out sooner though cause I think it will be done. I'm planning a little date night for me and dh. We've been wanting to see a movie lately but there is nothing out that we both want to see but Without a Paddle is out and I heard it was funny so I think we will go do that tonight. I'll let you know how dinner turns out.

Spryng congrats on the moderator job! I know you will be great at it!! Dinner sounded good, I don't remember you posting that recipe, will you post it again?!! I didn't get to rent that game, I walked all the way down to the video store in the hot sun and they only had N64 games! I was mad, maybe I'll get it on the way back from the movies, there is a blockbuster over there. I'll let you know if I get it.

Jaymi glad to see that you are ok and survived the storm. Good luck on the new plan!! I know you can do it!

Ok sorry if I missed any of you! I need to get some more cleaning done. I feel like I haven't done anything today!! Hopefully I can join you at 5 for flylady! TTYL
Bayleysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2004, 07:59 PM   #37  

The storm came our way! Everyone is safe though. We lost power for a day and the cable just came back! I will get back once I check all of my e-mails.
meltin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2004, 08:04 PM   #38  
Walking away the weight

Spryng- taco junk sounds awesome and very delicious. I love Mexican food.

Jill- ohhh- date nights are always fun!

Well, DH should be home in a half-hour or so . . . I may eat my Skinny Cow or WW dessert now. I'm watching a special on Mark/Lori Hacking case on A&E. You know me and true crime! LOL.
Old 08-30-2004, 08:09 PM   #39  
Curves 6-week solution

Leigh let me know some of the details on that show, we cancelled our satellite so I don't get to watch all that good stuff!!
Old 08-30-2004, 08:31 PM   #40  
Walking away the weight

Jill- so far, it's very interesting. Apparently, Mark really was a great guy and did not start lying until his mid-twenties. Lori and Mark were High School sweethearts, so they knew each other very well by the time they married in 1999. But Mark seemingly began feeling pressure to achieve academically and to become a doctor. Lori especially was tied to the idea of him being a doc. Now, why he didn't feel he could just go to her and say, "Look, I'm really not into this academic thing and want a different goal," I don't know- I mean, at that point he made the choice to deceive her and tell her he was still in school even though he'd dropped out. Also, apparently she caught him lying about being in school earlier in their relationship (maybe January of 2003??) and they had a big fight about it. Then they made up and he promised to re-enroll . . . he did, but very briefly and then never told her he dropped out. I'll continue to fill you in LOL.
Old 08-30-2004, 08:34 PM   #41  
Curves 6-week solution

Thanks Leigh!
Old 08-30-2004, 08:52 PM   #42  
Walking away the weight

Jill- I feel horrible for her family, and also his because they seem genuinely upset and stunned by his actions- and they took his confession to the police. He didn't cover his trail very well, which makes it seem like he was a bit out of his mind . . . or just so arrogant that he thought he wouldn't be suspected?? I don't know. Very sad.
Old 08-30-2004, 08:52 PM   #43  
SAHM ?!? of 4............

Good evening all.

Ginny: Hi, nice to meet you. I am Deana, SAHM of 4....3 boys 16, 8, 7 and a girl 4. I'm the one that bought the Leslie Sansone tapes today. I was going to wait til tomorrow to start them but I just couldn't bring myself to do it. Had a little time before I had to cook supper so I put it in, and the whole family it seemed like was in here doing it with me.....well dh was on here but he knew what I was doing. I loved it. It's a great workout and it works parts that you don't feel burn when walking on say a track or the sidewalk. And then to incorporate the stretchie into it just makes it better. Geeeez now I can't wait to do it again . I want to work up to the 2nd and 3rd miles, so I will probably spend a week on 1 mile then increase.

Spryng: Congrats on making moderator. Sure you'll have fun helping others get started. And thank you for the support, I know I can do it and if I don't you will all push me, right? I told dh today after my WATP that by his 40th birthday next August, I will be at 150. That's 100 lbs in a year from start. Told him he would get older and I would get thinner He likes the idea. Also told him I wish I could totally avoid all the ppl I know around here for the next year and just show up 100 lbs lighter. It would totally blow minds......hehehe.

Melinda and Jaymi: Glad you are both safe and sound. I've never been near a hurricane, don't want to be....our midwest tornadoes are enough for me to worry about.

Leigh: I know I can too. Thank you for the vote of confidence. WI is tomorrow morning so I'm

Well, oldest is at scouts, other 3 are watching a movie, then bedtime in an hour....WOOHOO...then it's me time. I really need to do my nails tonight.

Hope everyone has a great evening. See ya in the morning.

Last edited by Deana1113; 08-30-2004 at 08:54 PM.
Deana1113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2004, 09:37 PM   #44  

Hi girls

Welcome back Leigh, I missed you! Sorry to hear about the accident but I am glad you guys are okay. It could have been so much more worse. Oh I wish I would have gotten to see the Mark and Lori show. You and me are the detectives of the bunch . It is an interesting story. Pretty scary that all these men are just snapping, mark, scott peterson, etc. Maybe they will replay it. I love skinny cow ice cream sandwiches. I have not had one in a while. Enjoy it girl!

Spryng, congrats on the moderator for the core board. I think you will be a great leader. You have had so much success with weight watchers so far. I did not to to good core eating for dinner, I don't think anyway, I had one baked sweet potatoe in the micro. and a piece of frozen pizza. We had a appt. tonight so I needed something quick. Bad excuse though, huh? I am glad you dinner turned out. It sounded yummy, wish I was there !!

Well, gonna try and relax from somewhat of a stressful day today. My hus and I are fighting about which pre-k to send my son to. He is just so stuck in his ways sometimes, well most of the times and always thinks he makes the best decisions for the family. Ugh, I could go on but I don't want to bring anyone down with me. I shed some tears over it. And I am just going to have to come up with something, but he is like talking to a darn wall! Sorry for the rant.

Hi to everyone else out there. Good night, Julie
jbbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2004, 09:42 PM   #45  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

S/C/G: 208/162/135

Height: 5' 2.5"

Julie,
Sorry you and hubby are agruing over the prek situation. Hope everything works out! I know it will

Deana,
Great thinking about being 100 pounds lighter! Good for yoU!

Leigh,
How are you doing back at home? Did you get everything unpacked? Do you have any pics for us?

Jill,
Hope you got some cleaning done tonight! Sorry the baby unplugged the puter....

Well I am gonna get to bed early tonight. I am beat for some reason

I just wanted to say I have alot of baby food coupons and diaper coupons if anyone needs them just pm me with your addy. I can send them out tomorrow with no problem. So expire soon but I have way too many and alot of them I can't even use
mompen is offline   Reply With Quote