3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Support Groups

Old 08-30-2004, 11:04 AM   #16

S/C/G: 307/187/130

Height: 5'4"

Spryng the games will be copied today!! I've been busy so I'll do it today after our challenge!

I forgot to tell everyone yesterday a plane crashed in to a house here in my town, it was two blocks from where my mom lives now, and where we lived before we bought this house ( we rented my moms house) but get this, the house that was crashed in to was one that we looked at when we were buying, but luckily it already had a contract on it! Man I've been going through the what ifs after hearing about that!!

Check it out at www.dailyinterlake.com
Old 08-30-2004, 11:21 AM   #17
SAHM of 3

Spryng, glad you got a good nights sleep. I'd love to join the challenge, but that's right when we start school.
Thanks for your idea, but like I was talking to one of my friend's this morning she said that my dh is picky and different. He doesn't listen well to logical discussion. He just.....I don't know....he's just different. Let's just say he's lucky to have me with my old fashioned values, because there aren't many women that would have stayed with him. He's picky about his food (gripes about left overs, will take his lunch but not sandwiches but can't tell me what else he wants), his toiletries (ie: toilet paper, soap, shampoo; for crying out loud he shaves his head to almost nothing but will only use Pantene one of the most expensive shampoos). He pretty much said my idea won't work and he KNOWS his will. All I can do is just follow him, as the wife and pray it's the best.
Okay, we're schooling and then hopefully napping.

Found out I was pregnant on May 24th.
Due February 1st, 2005
1st Doc appt. May 27th 200 lbs.
next appt.: Oct. 19th
at Sept. 21st visit, WI was 212 lbs.

My goal is to make this the healthiest pregnancy ever.

watkinsguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2004, 11:35 AM   #18
Walking away the weight

Okay, this time, Liam really is falling asleep LOL. He let me get a bunch of delicates separated, but I still need to do the washes. As for the already completed loads, I have that 1/2 folded. Once Liam is deeply asleep, I'll finish laundry and finish washing toys and separating them into groups. I like keeping his toys very organized LOL. Oh! And tomorrow the new bedroom furniture arrives, but DH and I still have o get stuff out of that bedroom, but my new decor pics should be coming soon

Hi Crystal DH sounds like he's very set in his ways. Now, are his parents definitely moving then? I'd think after they're gone maybe he'll miss being close to them and want to move.

Spryng- I have to look into this Harvest Moon thingie- not that I really need another reason to stay on the computer LOL! It's so exciting that you're still losing!

Michelle- OMG! That is too freaky about the house!!! Stuff like that just freaks me out.

Okay, gotta actually get something done . . .
Professor
Loveliam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2004, 12:17 PM   #19

Good Morning Girls Late!

Spryng, is peanut butter allowed on the core, what about apples? I would like the list of foods because I may join!! Do you have to pay or register at the WW official site? I would just like to know if I am eating "CORE" foods. Thank you so much!

Sorry I can't get personal but I have tons of phone calls to make and the kids need help right now finding a TOY !
Julie
jbbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2004, 12:19 PM   #20
Curves 6-week solution

S/C/G: 159/159/135

Allright girls looks like we're back to normal on this thing! It's been a long time since I've gotten up and there were already 2 pages!! So not much planned for me today, I'm going to the gym and then I'll be back to clean and hopefully do another flylady challenge. I was bummed you were already doing one when I got up, I guess that's what I get for sleeping in, right? Also need to list some stuff on e-bay and see if I can make a little money. LOL

Crystal hope everything works out for you.

Mel Happy B-day to your DH!! That jello sounds soooooooooooo good! Send some my way won't ya?!

Penny I would be sad about the bus thing too I am already seeing that my little baby doesn't need me as much as she used to and sometimes prefers other people over me, how dare her LOL She's not even 1 yet and I can see how hard it will be for me to see her grow up, I want my little baby back LOL. I know Andrew will be fine in surgery. I think you are doing what's best for him. He will breathe so much better! Good luck with all of that! I hope that storm doesn't come your way! Have fun grocery shopping.

Yea!! Leigh your back. Glad you had a good trip! I was jelous when you said you went shopping, I want to go shopping sooooooooooooo bad. I need to be shopping for the baby though so I guess I will hold off. Her b-day is on the 19th and we are going to do her party in the park across the street and the theme is ladybugs, it's what I decorated her room in so I figured it would be a good way to finish off her first year. Anyway that story about the light beer was soooooooooooooooo cute I was laughing out loud, it made my day! Glad your back safe and sound.

Michelle soooooooooo scary about that plane, near misses are scary cause you sit there and think about what if I was there or in your case what if I would have bought that house but you have to think that there is a reason you didn't so that's why your safe!! I hope to come do flylady again when I get back. Glad you are back!!! We missed you! Have fun with the bowflex!

Ricci good luck with school today!! Let us know how it goes!

Spryng thanks for the idea of renting the game, I think I may go do that today! I am always leary of buying a game before I've played it anyway and this way I can get my fix and then maybe ask for it for my b-day or something. Glad you had a good sleep, are you going to be up for flylady later too?! I hope so!

Ok well I just remembered Bayley has a snotty nose still and I can't take her to the gym daycare when she is sick so I guess I will take her on a fast walk and hopefully I can work up a sweat and get a workout in. I'm sure it will be just as good. Ok I'll talk to you ladies later!!

Bayleysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2004, 02:20 PM   #21

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Ok, I'm back!!
Lunch ended up being breakfast for me, lol. I made the kids some cheese quesadillas with baby carrots and ranch to dip them in and I had two fried eggs, a hashbrown and a slice of lean ham. It was tasty!! Tanner started getting really cranky after lunch time and at 12:30 he was so tired so he went down for a nap early. So I got in my exercise already!! I just got out of a nice cool shower... so refreshing after a hot workout. I forgot to tape denise austin this morning so I did my Firm dvd, lower body. Would you classify that as intense workout?? I was sweating through the entire thing and huffing. and I know my heart rate was up there, so according the the activity pts calculator that would be intense and worth 2 pts!! I'm going to start counting my pts so I don't have to use many of my weekly pts.. I'm making Taco Junk for dinner tonight and those 2 pts will be used on my LC tortillas.

Jill, there will be a flybabies challenge tonight at the ivillage site and Michelle and I plan on joining then, it's at 7 pm central time, so 5 pm your time. Wanna come?? Do you have any workout videos?

Julie, no peanut butter is not on the core list, because it is a trigger food for many people and some will binge on it, but you can use your weekly pts for it! So it's not off limits, just not on the list. And apples are... all fruit are except dried fruit. I sent you a pm so email me when you get it and if you have any more questions ok? So how are you doing?

Leigh, harvest moon is for the gamecube and it's alot of fun! And I think even though we are grown with kids and all that we can still play games!! LOL.. keeps our minds young

Crystal, I understand completely how your dh is... I have some men on my side of the family that are that way too. And I agree with whoever said that maybe once his family moves to FL he may change his mind and want to go too.

Michelle, was anyone in the house when the plane crashed??! Too scary. Did your bowflex arrive? Which one is it?

Well, I'm off to scour the net. TTYL!

5'3" Mother to 4

spryng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2004, 02:34 PM   #22

I got it Spryng, thanks a bunch!
jbbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2004, 02:37 PM   #23
Curves 6-week solution

S/C/G: 159/159/135

Hey everyone, got back from my walk a while ago, took a shower and got the baby down for a nap and now I am eating some shredded pork on a tortilla. It's pretty good, it's leftovers from friday. I think I got some good exercise on my walk so I feel good about that. Dinner tonight it asian tomato beef in the crock pot, I might cry if it doesnt turn out since that is the story of my life lately!! Looks good so far so we will see! So my house is almost in CHAOS right now. I kind of let it slide this weekend cause I was preoccupied with other things but it's back to business today for sure!! Mel and I were going to try and have a challenge in a little bit so if anyone is up for it go ahead and join! The flybabies chat tonight sounds good too, I will probably do it then too if dinner is not ready yet. What is everyone else having for dinner tonight?

Spryng glad you got your workout in! I have one workout tape and it is a denise austin pilates tape. It's pretty good but I prefer things that really get you sweaty and that one doesnt do it for me. Hopefully Bayley cold will be gone tomorrow so I can get back to the gym. I really want to do some weights. Ok now you have me planning my day so I can go to the video rental store and get Harvest Moon! I hope the place down the street has it or I'll have to go all the way into town and I don't want to do that.

Ok well I better get cleaning, I've done enough procrastinating!! TTYL!

Bayleysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2004, 02:58 PM   #24
2BoysMom

Hey ladies,

It's Monday...your all yakkin' like crazy again .

LEIGH! Welcome back. Glad you had a great time. I've only heard great things about San Antonio. Dh's brother used to live there before Coral Springs. Hmmmm...someone up there has something against any of us meeting I think...you didn't get to hook up with Penny and we're not going to be able to either this time around. Our plan as of now is to just keep watching the news . Well, depending on what happens we may just head down anyway and stay up in the north towards Tallahassee for the holiday weekend and then head down to the Keys...if they still exist that is! We'll make a final decision probably on Wed.

Spryng...congrats on the exercise! Darn, I can't hassle you again .

Penny..aka SUPER MOM! I may be able to get my exercise in, but I need to get my sleep in too! You seem to never sleep. Thanks for the note!

Michelle...how's the bowflex? I'm going to go back and read that story right after I post. I heard a blurb on the news and thought of you right away...who knew it was really that close?????

QOTD...I feel guilty every time I take a 2 hour bikeride and leave the kids with Dh...like I don't deserve to take care of myself, right?? I also feel guilty when I'm exercising and don't stop to pick up Tony when he wants me to. I tell him he can wait. Apparently I don't feel guilty enough !

OK ladies, gotta run. Hope you're all doing well! Big HELLO to all.

I'll be back tonight after WI. Have a great afternoon.

We can accomplish more together than we can alone!
~ anon

Chubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2004, 03:32 PM   #25
Walking away the weight

Bueno afternoon all Well, I have 10 points left for the day . . . DH won't be home for dinner, so I'm trying to figure out which frozen meal I want and how to work the points out so I have at least 2 for dessert I'll let you know how it works out since I'm terrible at math

Julie- hope your day calmed down a bit!

Spryng- I think that sounds like intense exercise LOL - count it as two points!

Jill- I also prefer workouts where I sweat Strange since I'm completely lazy otherwise LOL.

Hi, Geri Yes, we definitely have to postpone our FL trip for at least a week because DH has to be there all week to cover the possible hurricane. And I don't want to bring Liam down when the weather is so bad . . . and also, then DH won't get any vacation- he'll be working the whole time. So, we're putting it off . . .

Okay, I'm starving, so maybe I can scrounge up a low-point snack!
Professor
Old 08-30-2004, 03:37 PM   #26

Hey girls!

I went and saw the plane crash there were 5 or 6 news crews there and the block was cordoned off but omg was it sad thankfully no one was in the house when it happend but it killed their family dog that was sitting on the front porch I don't know whats going on in my town but we had TWO tragedies here in the same day, Last night our Bowling Alley blew up and burned to the ground The bowling alley is 6 blocks from the plane crash its just nuts on that side of town! I'm so sad, I felt safe here now I don't know. so scary!

I got a new vacuum cleaner today and a new hardfloor cleaner machine woo hoo!! Takes the work out of housework!

Ok I'm leaving now to take the girls to get their shots I'll be back later!!

Oh spryng we got the Crossbow Platinum but its just like a bowflex but cheaper, $999 we paid for it! The delivery company hasn't got here yet but we're patiently waiting!

TTYL!!
Michelle
Old 08-30-2004, 03:50 PM   #27
SAHM of 3

Michelle, are they saying how the plane crash happened or the blow up alley? So sorry to hear that. It's terrible.
We had purchased the bowflex a few years ago and dh HATED it, so we sent it back for the 30 day guarantee. I think it could work for some people, but yet again, my dh is really picky.....about everything.
Hope all is well. I've been surfing all day getting info on starting a business in Texas. It will have to be a while, because of our credit, but at least I'll know everything I need to know by then.
Gotta go.

Found out I was pregnant on May 24th.
Due February 1st, 2005
1st Doc appt. May 27th 200 lbs.
next appt.: Oct. 19th
at Sept. 21st visit, WI was 212 lbs.

My goal is to make this the healthiest pregnancy ever.

watkinsguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2004, 04:14 PM   #28

They don't know how either of them happened they are still investigating Its just so sad.
We didn't get the bowflex brand machine which is made by nautilus we got a model thats better than the top of the line model by bowflex and its called the platinum crossbow made by weider I can't wait to try it!! I wish they would hurry up and get here!!

Ok I really need to leave the house and get the girls to the doctor!
TTYL
Old 08-30-2004, 04:43 PM   #29
Walking away the weight

Okay, I just had 8 points for supper (yes, early) and am hoping I won't feel as hungry. I'm not sure why I'm starving except maybe because I'm back OP after a week or so off . . . Well, I now have 2 points for a Skinny Cow for dessert - I suppose I could always use 2 or 3 flexpoints if I truly need a little snack.

Michelle- sorry so many bad things have happened recently in your area. I'm sure things will get back to normal ASAP!

Crystal- I'm glad you're looking into buisness ideas - it's probably good to do a lot of research first so you know better what to expect.

Well, I did get a fair amount done, but there's still a whole heck of a lot left to do As always, huh? I think I've done 8 million loads of laundry all in one day. When DH gets home, we're going to clear out the guest room as best we can. One day at a time . . .
Professor
Old 08-30-2004, 04:47 PM   #30
SAHM ?!? of 4............

Good Afternoon Ladies!!!

Let me see if I can get personal here and remember who said what :LOL:

Spryng: Yes it is hard when dh isn't home much. I know how it is with a truck driver. I grew up a trucker's daughter. But with my dh, his job wasn't supposed to be this way and they just won't hire anyone new so they don't have to work extra. You would think that hiring a couple more ppl would save them money since they have to pay so much in OT and double time. Oh well, maybe it won't last much longer. I'd really like to see him more. We've been married almost 6 years but it has flown by and we still feel like newlyweds.... .

Michelle: So scary about that plane. Good thing you didn't buy it. Good luck with the Bowflex.

Crystal: Good luck in whatever you choose to do. Running a business can be very hectic sometimes. I guess it just depends on what kind and how many hours you have to put into it.

Leigh: Glad you all had a good time and made it back safely. I too laughed at the story about the beer. Too funny.

Jill: WTG on the excercise.

Penny: Don't be too scared about Andrew's surgery. Both of my middle boys had to have surgery when they were each 2 yr 7 mo old for double hernias. They told me it was hereditary. Their dad had one when he was younger and another when he was in his 30's. They really know how to take care of kids nowdays and mine both came out ready to run a race. My best advice, to you and Michelle, would be to do it now while they don't really know how to react. Then just take one day at a time. Kids bounce back so fast because they don't know how to play it for all that it's worth, like most men.....LOL. And about the bus thing, they just grow up too fast and want to be independent too soon. As long as you know and trust the bus driver, let him do it to make sure he likes it. He may decide it's better to have Mommy pick him up.

Mel: Happy Birthday to dh. Mine just turned 39 a couple weeks ago. About Bugga, have you checked to make sure there isn't anything bothering him, like maybe teething, that is keeping him up at night? Sometimes they can be fine during the day then something bothers them at night. Just a thought. Let me know. And good luck getting more sleep.

Ricci: Good luck with school. I would love to go back but the time just isn't right yet. Can't afford a sitter for 3 kids while I go.

Gerri: Good luck at WI. Mine is tomorrow and I can't wait to see a good loss. Let us know how it goes.

QOTD: YES!!!!!! I feel guilty every time I buy something for me. I'm not bringing in any money and feel like dh should be able to get the things he needs for the business and pay the bills, buy groceries, etc. but I don't feel like I should spend it on me. Then I went to Walmart today and bought a WATP with stretchie, some hair bands and Slim Fast Hot meal options. I spent around $35 on myself and felt so guilty. But I'm trying to convince myself that I need it all to get healthier and look better. That, I am doing for the family. So I can do more with the kids and be a better wife to dh. I also want to feel good about me.

I also added a mini goal in my signature. I'm sure I can do it. It's almost 11 weeks and I set myself to lose 27.5 more by then. I CAN AND WILL DO IT !!!!!!!!

Kiddos just got home from school and have to get dh up soon, then start supper. I'll try to get back later. Will get up early tomorrow to try out the WATP. I thought about Tae-Bo but then saw the WATP and figures I would like it better. I know a woman in town that has the Tae-Bo tapes so I may see if I can borrow them to see if I like them before I go and buy them.

Til later.........

Total loss since joining Curves on 11/11/04:
(WI and measure monthly)
15.75 lbs.
13 inches

LOSING IT AND LOVING IT
Deana1113 is offline   Reply With Quote