Old 08-29-2004, 11:00 PM   #31  
GmaTo8

Smile

Hiya ladies,

My computer is on the fritz again, so I've shoveled a path to Katie's. Hope I don't step on something... not sure my tetnus shot is up to date.

Marti - did you and Jhanai end up doing any crafts? Yay for you getting all the healthy groceries. Are you joining us on Core?

Cristi - we like to take lots of pictures of our dogs, too. Katie says I take more of Molly than I do of her, lol. Did you get in any practice on the keyboard?

Julie - YAY for the 2 # loss!! That's great! Glad your uncle is going to be alright.

Jen - aww, your poor kitty! Makes my gums hurt just thinking of it! Hope your new neighbors are friendly, whoever they are.

Mindee - you're going to have your hands full after Labor Day, but I'm sure you'll be able to handle it well.

Katy - Since you're the only Katy variation that posts regularly, do you mind if I call you that now? Looking forward to Core tomorrow.

Barb - teens! We've got two raised and on their own, with one to go. They can be a challenge at times, that's for sure. Just remember, "this, too, shall pass".

I didn't do the yard work like I thought I would. It misted all day off and on, so I didn't want to get out in that. Had visits from DS and his family and also Mary and her family. It got very hectic around here for awhile, lol.

Got more pictures organized - that's always a big job since I have so many. Time for a whole new album soon. Hopefully my decendents will appreciate my efforts, lol. Also set some aside to be scrapbooked this winter.

See you tomorrow!
Jane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2004, 11:44 PM   #32  
starting over again......

S/C/G: 261.4/261.4/200

Height: 5'4"

We have a problem in our house…….we have either a black hole or a pacifier thief! Brandon in the past 24 hours has lost two of his pacifiers! We don’t know if we dropped them while we were out, or if the dog took them and hid them. Yesterday when we had to pull out the third pacifier in about 2 hours, we connected the pacifier to his pluggy holder just so we knew where it was.

RK~ Thanks for giving me a heads up! Just in one day, the day Brandon was born, there were four babies including him born! A friend of ours who lives in PA, who was pregnant with twins and not due for another two weeks, had her two little ones, one at 12:10pm, and the other at 12:17pm. Then a friend of my hubby’s that he went to school with and ended up working with, his fiancé was pregnant, due the same day I was, with a boy as well, and going to the same hospital just the other campus, had her little boy at 7:19pm. And then Brandon rounded out the day at 9:16pm. The even funnier part is that our friend that was due the same day as me, she wanted to bottle feed and I wanted to breastfeed (turned out the opposite), I wanted a c-section because I was told that Brandon was going to be HUGE, and she wanted to go natural….again that turned out the be the opposite. And the last comparison, Brandon was suppose to be the bigger of the two at about 7lbs. 10oz., and Mike Jr. was the bigger of the two at 8lbs. 4oz. I got a call in my hospital room the day after Brandon was born from them, they were in her room at the other hospital. So we shared congratulations, and hopefully our timing will match up to where we can get together with them soon!

Barb~ Yikes! I say you have been through enough already! I hope things get worked out soon with them. I am dreading that age with Brandon. But he has been a little perfect boy so far, so I am hoping that he stays that way.

Marti~ You sound like me! I will get something I know I am not suppose to have (lately it has been the nachos from 7-11, which doesn’t help when we live around the block from one. But I counter it with a bottled water….does that count?) and I will feel like crap after eating it. I have to admit, I also had a Shrek’s Hot Fudge Sundae from Baskin Robbins, again doesn’t help that we live near one…..but I walked and did my exercise to get it, does that count? But again, I felt like crap after eating it. I think he is working on getting his right ones in because he was chewing on his fingers on the right side. That is how I knew there was something on the left side because he was doing the same thing but on the left side.

I put some new pictures up on Brandon’s website. (the addy is http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/o/our1munchkin - pw is baby) don’t forget to sign his guestbook!

Jana~ I am sure that I will be able to handle it. I am just glad that my BIL works the day shift, so about the time my hubby will be coming home, so will me BIL to pick up the two kids since it is easier for him on his way home to pick them up.
tommysgirl18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2004, 03:52 AM   #33  
self portrait

Default hello there

Hey there my jaded lady gals!!!!
I am back and out of my funk. More like I have just pushed it down like all the other problems. Pretty soon I am just going to explode and watch out whoever is in my path when that happens.!!!LOL
I don't have much to say right now, just that i am sooo looking forward to my 5 days off coming up. I am going to us all my personal time and sick time that I can, since my job won't help me out with school. Heaven knows what cardboard box i am going to end up in since I have nothing in savings to fall back on and it is hard to find part time jobs that will work around your school schedule. So, Saying that I am going to not make it easy on this job and just keep calling in , etc. Five days off, I am actually going to be able to see marti, I hope. That will be fun, I miss getting together with her.
On a positive note, I got a lot of christmas crafts done this weekend on the night my boyfriend went to his fantasy football draft thingy. Some I am going to keep and others will be used as presents. that only leaves me about a million more to do. Ugghh. trying to get most of it done before school starts when i won't have time to eat , let alone sleep and do crafts. LOL
I really stocked up on the christmas decorations when I had money and when they had all the huge sales in January, so my house is going to be all decked out to the 9's this year. It will make up for no gifts. I can't wait, I love to decorate and with all the new stuff I bought, I made, i already have, it may take me awhile to get it all up and then back down again. hee hee. What fun.
Anywho, I better get back to work, not much going on really.
Glad to hear most of ya had a wonderful weekend and hope the weekday ahead is absolutely marvelous for all the great jaded lady gals
SqueakMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2004, 09:24 AM   #34  
GmaTo8

Smile

It's Monday!

Mindee - pacifiers go the way of the one sock that never gets found... there are pacifiers and mate-less socks floating around in space somewhere, lol.

Shanna - so glad you're feeling better, and yes, I think you should take all the sick days you can if they are paid. Have fun with Marti, and just rest up. What kind of Christmas crafts did you do?

Susan - YAY for the 142!! Michael thinks you're beautiful because you ARE. I hope this one works out, sweetie. If not, why not take a break for awhile and see what happens? Love sometimes comes to those who aren't looking at all.

Well, my computer is still wacko and I can't get a new one... boo hoo. I'm not used to using a mouse and it's driving me crazy. But Katie is being a good sport, letting me invade her room this way.

I haven't done any house cleaning all weekend, so now it's time to get busy! This is day one of Core for me... wish me luck!

BBL,
Old 08-30-2004, 10:25 AM   #35  
RosieKate

Weighin day for me and I'm down 2 pounds - wahoo

Need to get off the five I gained on vacation - boohoo

Jana - "Katy" works for me - that's what everyone calls me, and it seems that I am the only one on the boards at present. CORE should be interesting. I did go out and get the FF milk, and plan on gagging it down just like I did the 1%, lol. I have to admit, though, it's nice not having to be so concerned about the points of the "basics" I'm doing some menu planning today, so I'll post over on the core thread later.

Mindee - My DS was a major binky-boy. My DD wanted nothing to do with them - weird how kids are so different. My son wouldn't give them up, so when he was three we arranged for a visit from the "binky fairy". We told him that when he was ready, that he would leave all his binkies under his pillow and the binky fairy would take them all away and leave him a CDROM. It was my first indulgence of out n out parental bribing, and whaddya know - it worked! I'm tempted to go back to it now that DD needs to get out of diapers for school...haven't decided what I'm going to do about that one. One thing my children are alike in is that they are stubborn.....

A good morning to all
Katy
Old 08-30-2004, 10:28 AM   #36  
RosieKate

hi to Susan and Shanna - sorry I forgot to say hello in my previous post.

What do you Oregon gals think of a meet-up at the Woodburn Outlet? I don't have any particular time in mind - just thought I throw that out here as a possible location..
Katy
Old 08-30-2004, 11:24 AM   #37  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Good Morning All~

Shanna~good to see you back. Hope you have fun with Marti. Homemade gifts are always the best kind! Years ago a few months before Christmas I would make ornaments for the tree or stuff around the house. I added something every year, till the kids were a little older. I still have all those ornaments. I haven't added some of them the last few years because i do a blue and white tree. But have lots that the kids made also that I add. Now that I have a family room I can have two trees with those ornaments.

Susan~sorry Tom didn't work out. He could have at least called when he said he would. Michael sounds like a nice guy.

Jana~I wouldn't know what to do without a mouse. DS has a laptop and let me try it a couple of times and I just couldn't get the hang of using the finger-too weird.

RosieKate~ on your loss this week!

Mindee~took a quick look at some of the pictures and Brandon is such a cutie pie! I will go back later and sign the book again and look at all of them.

Barb~sorry to hear about our teenagers. Been there, done that. All I can say is breath...

Julie~ on your loss also.

Jen~hopefully you get some good neighbors.

Marti~that is good about Jhanai. Not very often kids watch for sales. Mine never did. They saw what they wanted and didn't care what the cost.

Hi to everyone else!

Nothing much going on in my neck of the woods today. Finished my book last night and going to start another today. That's about all that's on my agenda. Maybe get in a walk since it is still cool. Didn't realize it rained last night, or this morning but went out on the deck and it was a little wet. Can always use the rain.

Have a good one ladies
FrouFrou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2004, 12:50 PM   #38  

Height: 5'1"

Good morning ladies--

Jana--I'm not sure what I'm doing with the CORE plan yet. I should be doing that, but when I went shopping I thought of James & Jhanai...but I will attempt to do it as best as I can. (That probably won't work will it?) I am absolutely horrible when it comes to following a plan!! But we'll see.

Mindee--Pacifier Alert!! So you're losing them quickly are ya? Jhanai never used them that much, in fact when she was about 8mos. she got really sick and refused to suck on one....and I tossed them out. She never had one again. My poor baby...being deprived of a BINKY!

Shanna--You have a lot of days off coming up! Maybe we can head over to woodburn and visit RK & Susan on one of those days. See what we can come up with.

Susan--Another Michael......sounds like a nice man. Just be careful. He may not like a bunch of e-mail, but moving too fast can turn a person off too! But I hope this one works. Congrats on being 142!!

Rk--I'm liking the idea of meeting. Woodburn would work for me...it's a nice in between area and that would keep me out of the busy City of Portland!! I'm a complete wimp when it comes to BUSY traffic!! Congrats on the 2lbs. lost!!!

Cristi--We had rain last week, but now it's been the perfect temp until it's reaches the late afternoon...then it gets hot. But rain is headed our way again this week.....love sitting under my deck listening to it hit the metal roofing!! I was sitting out there the other night and day dreaming about sitting on a beautiful deck (obviously not mine....) and sitting around a table, drinking coffee and talking to all you Jaded Ladies!! I was able to picture the women who I've seen in pictures. It was a cozy daydream. Very fun. (See what I do in my spare time?)

Well....I'm not sure what I'm doing today...I know at least a load of laundry! I take Jhanai home tonight, been asking her what she thinks about school coming up.....she can't wait to see her friends again. She's really excited that one of her best friends has the same class this year, the last time they we in the same class was the first grade.....SOOOOO long ago! Geez, when was the last time I was in first grade????? Back in '77!!

Ok...I better straighten up some....doing the wife beater and boxers this moring! What a sight to see!

I'll check in later girls!
Marti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2004, 05:05 PM   #39  

Height: 5'1"

Talking Request from Jhanai

Hello ladies--

Have a question for anyone who has kids or grandkids or nieces/nephews, neighbor kid....you get what I'm saying....

Jhanai would like to find a penpal that she can correspond with through snail mail. And I thought I would come here and see if any of you know any kids that would like to do this. I think this would be a great opportunity for her to get to know about other kids from different states/town and to practice on her writing skills!!

Here is some info. on Jhanai:

Interest: Hanging out w/friends, talking, watching movies, playing games, listening to music.
Favorite animal: Puppies or kittens
Favorite color: Maroon
Favorite movies: The Goonies, Pirates of Carribean, Shrek 2

And of coarse there is more.....but that's a start. Please give me a PM or send me an e-mail if any of you know a child around her age (boy or girl) (age 7-12) that would like to have a PenPal.

Thanks Ladies
Marti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2004, 05:22 PM   #40  

Default Hey Gals!!!

Well hope everybody is having a good day today!!! Mine has been alright! Thank you all for the support on my 2 lb lost!!!! I really needed to see that to get some motivation to be really good this week, so Im trying to stay on best behavior... I walked 3 miles on my lunch hour today...which was kind of nutty cause it's about 90 here with 90% humidity...so I was soaked when I got back to work, then I came home and did step aerobics for a 1/2 hour.... Trying to make up for tomorrow and thursday when I have clinical, I cant really fit in my working out!!!!

ROSIEKATE : CONGRATS ON THE 2LB LOSS, WE'RE TWINS THIS WEEK!!!

MARTI : my stats are HW : 256LBS
CW : 190LBS
GW: 170LBS.....20LBS TO GO.....SIGH
The reason I am aiming for 170 is because I am 5"10 and my doctor says that if I get anywhere under 165, I'll probably look sickly, cause Im tall and big boned!!!!

SHANNA: Dont let the whole job thing get you down, I know how really
stressing it is, trying to keep up with bills and school... Dont let it
eat at you though....I do that and it makes things worse!!!

JANA: Hope your computer feels better!!!

BARB: Im only 22 yrs old, so not far from being a teen and they always know it all!!! Dont think that you've failed your job of parenting, kids go through
phases to test there parents and this is probably whats going on with you now!!!

SUSAN : Sounds like you are really searching for the special someone...Just remember that patience is a virtue and guys will come and go, but dont be in a rush to be with someone.....make sure it's what you really want!!

MINDEE: That blackhole maybe your dogs belly!!!! I had my friends kids here the other day and caught my Jack Russell chewing up the binkie....guess he was jealous!!!HAHA

Well Gals, have a great night and I'll check in later

Julie
jewels2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2004, 09:38 PM   #41  
GmaTo8

Good evening ladies,

Susan - I'm so very sad that you deleted your posts! Please look for (and answer!) a PM from me, ok?

Katy - YAY for the 2#s down!!! That is really great! I told Mary about the Binky Fairy and suggested she do the same with the bottles, and she's all for it. Thanks so much for such a good idea. Hey, nothing wrong with a little bribery, lol.

Cristi - When I first got the laptop 3 years ago, it drove me crazy, too, until I got used to it, lol. What book are you reading? I'd go to the book thread but I have limited time here - Katie's computer is sooooo slow!

Marti - so glad Jhanai's friend will be in her class. And tell her that Aunt Jana loves the Goonies too!!! I especially like Chunk. I wish I knew someone in her age group, but don't. Well, wait a minute.... my niece is 10.. her name is Chelsea... I'll pass along the info!

Julie - I'm 5'9" and know what you mean about not wanting a low weight goal. Height sure makes a difference! Dang, girl, you're doing great with the exercises!

Well, I've made it through the day on Core, lol and although I'm not hungry, I need some $%^&* sugar! I miss my peanut butter Captain Crunch!! I've tried to stay busy and got the house sort of clean and all the laundry done.

Now I'm headed soon to go sit on the patio with Neal. See ya,
Old 08-30-2004, 09:39 PM   #42  

Well gals, looks like I caught Shanna's funk. Full on. Work SUCKS. So busy, I can't keep up, can't see straight, everyone's complaining, can't make anyone happy, and no one cares but me. Yep, in a funk. I was even working on having a panic attack yesterday, but took some of my meds leftover from my surgery last November. I always said if it ever gets to the point where I have to take meds to deal with my job, it's time to find a new job. That's just not healthy. Guess I should at least take a look around. I hate to have to admit that I can't handle something. But I guess it's just about come to that point. I suppose that it may be the reason why my migraines my be worse this year too. I have scheduled an appointment with my doc on Friday, just in case it takes awhile. Plus, I don't want to make any rash decisions. UGH, I hate this. Maybe I just have really bad PMS this week!

I did talk to my neighbor. He did sell his house to that young couple I talked to. Yay! I'm excited about that! Some people my age to talk to at least. I don't think I've ever really had neighbors my age, so that should be fun. They were really nice.

Well, I'm gonna go check out a couple websites for job postings, just in case.

Jen
Dolphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2004, 12:51 AM   #43  

Shanna~ I am so sorry to hear that things are still rough. I will continue to keep you in my thoughts and prayers during this trying time for you!

Jana~ I am starting to think that. The funny part is, I did Brandon’s laundry, oh gosh, around 4th of July, when my sister was down here, and I was folding it. Out popped this purple sock that wasn’t in his laundry before, but was there now! I think it might be one of our nieces socks, since we now live in my sister’s old house. But I had asked my sister if it was her sock and she goes “no.” So then I asked Brandon what girl he had over and I was washing her clothes. He looked at me and smiled.

Katy~ Brandon is stubborn as well. Just last (Monday) night, it took him until about 11:15 before I finally just stuck him in his bassinet to fall asleep. And even then he was straightening his arms so he couldn’t lay on his side like the doctor wants him to, in order to get rid of his flat spot. We plan on a visit from the “owl” around the time he is one or so to get rid of his bottles and pluggies. I had the owl take mine, so it seems to have stuck with my family that the owl takes them.

Cristi~ Thanks for checking out his website. He is growing up so quickly. I have a ticker that counts down until his first birthday, and I can’t believe he is almost to the ½ mark! Before I know it, we will be getting ready for his first birthday!

Thanks to you other ladies who have gone to his website and checked it out. Also thank you for signing his guestbook!

Marti~ Brandon didn’t take one when he was first born. The day we got discharged from the hospital (he was born on a Friday, and we got discharged on Sunday) he went for his hearing test, and came back sucking on the hospital kind. Ever since then he has taken one. Now he only wants to take it when he is sleepy or fussy. Other wise he will pull it out and play with it.

Julie~ LOL….The funny part is….is that our dog has black fur! She is black lab, cocker spaniel and chow. So maybe it is in her belly….but I think we would have heard her playing with it. Unless she hid them in her kennel. Hmmmmmm??

Jen~ Sorry to hear that you are in a funk. I hope you can get things worked out and out of that funk soon.
Old 08-31-2004, 01:26 AM   #44  
self portrait

Default Howdy Gals

Hello , hello one and all!!!!!!

JANA:Hey there missy!! To answer you question, I am the queen of crafts and I do tons of stuff for christmas gifts, regular gifts, etc. I could tell you some of the things I am doing THIS year, but not all since marti is getting a bag of the things. I am doing bags for the women and bags for the men. The men ( which is hard to find things for) are going to get food stuff and whatever else I can think of. It is hard for men stuff. I had all four of the womens done in feb, except for one thing that can only be done about a week for giving them. I can P.M. you the list, I am pretty proud of it, but I don't want marti to know before I give it to her. I crocheted placemats and napkin rings for my hopefully future mother in law and will hand paint some candle holders soon. I also am going to find and old moody blues album or bob dylan and make a gift box out of it. I got that from an HGTV show and it makes a cool gift box. I have been waiting to try it for about a year. Can't wait. Anywho, I do so many things. One year I made stained glass suncatchers for everyone of my family members. 40 in total. I started in may and finished in dec. Boy were my hands tired and cut up, but it was fun. I love to do stained glass, I have a full glass cutting machine, etc. It is at my parents house now, cause I have no room to use it where I live. makes me sad. I also got two books that are full of crafts for 5.00 or under, very cool and I used my 50 gift certificate to michaels to get supplies to make a whole bunch for gifts. Look what you made me do, write a novel .heee heee, I love crafts and making stuff and trying new techniques, I could spend my whole live doing that. Too bad you live so far away, we could have a crafting circle instead of a quilting one. Hee, too much coffee, starting to ramble and chatterbox away. heee hee Have I mentioned I love making things??/
Rosiekate: I would love to meet you all at the Woodburn outlet stores, sounds cool. I have been there a couple times and drive by there every month on my way up to Tualitin for my monthly appt. I love that burrito place ( I know bad!! ) I think it is called New York burritos or something like that. Kind of like a place we have down here called Mucho Gusto. Yummy. Just let marti and me know and we can set up a day , time and see if that works. What fun. Of course I have no money to get anything, and sometimes window shopping makes me sad, but I still like it.
Cristi : I have been hand making ornaments for a couple of years. I would love to have enough money to do those color scheme trees, but since I am WT right now I have the hodge podge tree. I have ornaments that my great grandpa and grandma made and some from my childhood that my mom gave me. I also made these wood ornaments last year that I just painted and plastic ones that you used special paint for. I love making Mexican gift balls that are ornaments, but double as gifts. I made them at a temp job at a gift shop one year and started making them on my own. Cool idea. Anywho, I make something every year for my tree or my house decorations. Like I said yesterday, my house and tree are going to be all decked out this year. I can't wait.
Dolphin: Oh no, I passed on my funk. I hope you too can get over it and get back to normal. I totally feel for you. Seems like I am getting in funks a lot lately, due to stress I know. I am pulling for you to feel better. Keep your chin up, things will look better in the morning. :-)
Well gals for my final jabber of the day. Some good news. I was talking to my mom tonight, she was letting me know she will be having surgery next week and then she said my dad wanted to tell me something. I guess my mom and him talked things over and starting oct 10th they are going to be giving me 400.00 a month to help with school and such. I wanted to cry. I told him no, he can't do that and he told me I can't tell him what to do. I told him i would feel too guilty and he said that is what they are here for, to make me feel guilty. I wished I could have hugged him right then, but I couldn't. He says that he and my mom will be there for me and help me out. They figured that i will have to take care of them pretty soon. LOL I told him yeah, nursing home and he told me I would have to come visit to make sure they were not treating them bad. hee hee. I just love my daddy, me being an only child probably helps me out, but how sweet is that. I will of course insist on a contract so I can pay them back, which they will probably tell me no, but I WILL insist. I can always count on my parents to be there for me and hopefully with their help, loans, good, good, good luck, I will make it through the next 10 months alive, in debt up to my eyeballs, but alive. Hopefully the good luck will keep coming, but knowing my life, I will be foiled again somehow. Anywho, I thought I would share that bit of good news, I just feel soooo guilty now. Here I am almost thirty and my mommy and daddy have to help me out. how humiliating and humbling. Oh well, My dad says this stress and pain and such should all be worth it when I graduate. I hope he is right. hee hee. Well, My novel is over for now, tootles to all my jaded ladies. Love ya all.
SqueakMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2004, 01:31 AM   #45  

Shanna~ That is awesome that your parents are willing to help you out! I am glad things are turning around for you!