Old 10-30-2004, 06:54 AM   #1  
I'm a homeschool mama

Post Desperate Housewives (Formerly SAHM's) #281 *Saturday*

Welcome all to a thread full of wonderful women taking on the responsibilty of raising a family and trying to take care of themselves too. We look forward to a new day with members, new and old! Please feel free to jump right in and say hello Here is a little bit about who we are ...

MichelleRae: Michelle sahm to Taylor 8-25-01 & Teagan 10-13-03 Married 2 years to Zhaun. Plan I'm following is a combined WW and South Beach Diet

Spryng: 24 y.o. married 6 years. Kids- Ava 4, Bubba (aka Joseph) 3 & Tanner 1. Currently on ww, hit goal in April.

Mompen: Penny 23 y.o. Happily Married & SAHM Momma to three active boys, Hunter 5, Nicholas 4 & Andrew 16 mo. Weight Watchers and a bit of South Beach is my way of life.

Loveliam: Leigh SAHM to Liam 10.21.03 & happily married for 2 years. Doing the Weight Watchers thing

Sydsmom: Kristin SAHM to Sydney 09-27-01, married almost 2 years to wonderful dh Began Weight watchers mid-July

Cheri: married to Donald for 8.5 years, SAHM/homeschooling momma to Nathan, 5 (9-11-98), Daniel, 3 (8-29-00) & Elijah, 1 (10-16-02) & doing the low carb thing kinda, lol

Cindi: Mom to 6 boys & 1 mean girl. Plan.. No diet for me! Portion control, exercise & lots of water (most days)

Chubba: Geri..Mom to two boys, Will (3) & Tony (1)..married for 4 years to a great guy..following Dr Phil most days!

Crystal: 27 yo sahm of 3 almost 4. Alisa 6, Ally 3, & Andrew 22 months. Due Feb 1st. Married 9 years, live in Texas & homeschool. My plan, when on it, counting calories & exercise.

Ricci sahm to two boys 4 and 5, married 7 years, doing ww

Jaymi: 2 kids, 20 mo Girl & 6 yo boy. Been married to DH for 2 ½ years. WW Core Plan is my way of life.

Jill: SAHM of 1 daughter, Bayley, born 9/19/03. Currently trying to lose some of the baby weight I gained with her & need some extra support to help me do so.

Melissa: SAHM of 1 girl (4) and 1 boy (2). Currently watching what I eat and exercising 4-5days a week.

Deana: SAHM of 3 boys and 1 girl. Counting calories exercising, and drinking lots of water

Chris: SAHM of Tiana, Kayla and Nicole: ages 11, 5, and 2. Married for 5 years. I live in Billings, Montana. I'm a rheumatoid arthritis sufferer and trying using WW Flexpoints to lose weight.
mamawithdreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2004, 07:18 AM   #2  
I'm a homeschool mama

Smile Happy Saturday Morning

Happy Saturday to all you sahm's. I'm up early this morning. At some point Andrew got in the bed with me and I was kind of out of it so I don't remember. Then he fell out and hit his head on the board of the frame and a knot came up automatically. So needless to say I couldn't go back to sleep but it was 500 and I laid with him for a while but finally got up about 540. I went to bed at 930 and was out before I hit the pillow I think. So I think I'm rested plus I'm hanging around the house today anyways, maybe I can fit in a nap.

You all need to notice my ticker...I have less than 100 days left of my pregnancy. It's almost at 90 days which is 3 months...so excited.

Okay,
Michelle, hope you had a good day yesterday.

Jill, how is school coming along?

Spryng, you got alot accomplished yesterday too. Are you getting excited about starting work? Maybe nervous?

Mel, glad to hear about Bugga. Good news keeps coming from him.

Penny, hope you had fun and can't wait to hear all about it.

That's all I can do for now. Andrew has awakened very, very, very cranky. Going to deal with him and be back later.
TTYL
Old 10-30-2004, 08:00 AM   #3  
a.k.a. Roxy

Hi Crystal,
I'm a newbie up early too. Congratulations on your pregnancy. That is so awesome! I love children, they are my life. I have 10, my latest is 6 months and I'm nursing. I'm a S.A.H.M. and I have homeschooled for fifteen years, however, we moved in order to take part in our church's new school.
So now I just do babies during the day. My oldest is in college (locally), and #2 ds won a scholarship of of state, so he's gone till thanksgiving. I have lots of weight to lose, but I'm going to do it for them! I want to see them all grow up and have tons of grandchildren to spoil! I need coffee . It's going to be another dreary day here.
~warmly
Roxy
1hot_tomato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2004, 08:28 AM   #4  
SAHM ?!? of 4............

Good Morning Ladies!

Still waiting for mine to finish brewing.

Crystal: Moving along pretty quick isn't it? I always felt like the last trimester went the fastest. Little Allison will be here before you know it!!! Glad you feel like you got rested. Hope Andrew's bump on his noggin is ok. Hopefully you can get a nap in today.

Hi Roxy! I'm Deana, sahm to 4. Boys 16, 8, 7 and a girl 4.
10 kids?!?!? WOW!!! Be sure to post often and let us get to know you better. It's a little slow on the weekends because everyone is busy, but during the week look out. We are chatty . What kind of diet are you following? What kind of excercise (except running after kids)? Do you drink lots of water? You have come to a great place for support. These ladies are the best!

Not much planned here today. Matthew was invited to a Halloween party from 2-4 and I really need to clean more.

TTYL
Deana1113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2004, 08:41 AM   #5  
I'm a homeschool mama

Welcome Roxy, love to hear about women with lots of children. Although this is the last for me, my sis just had #8 a couple of weeks ago. She too homeschools and her oldest is 11 years old. Wonderful about your kids in college and all. I hope you stick around because this is the best place ever for support and motivation. Check in often because at times this thread just goes goes goes. The weekends tend to slow down though, so don't let that fool you.

Deana, hope you're doing well this morning. Andrew went back to sleep maybe he'll be better once he's awake again. Today is going to be our last pretty day here for a while, rain and cold, cold weather is moving in.

To all of you that asked about my kids halloween stuff. I don't really do halloween. We celebrate it as Fall. I don't do witches, ghosts, goblins, vampires, nothing scary and we don't go trick or treating. Last year someone bought my girls some costumes and we went during the day to our families places of work and did that sort of thing. I'm hoping those costumes still fit this year. We are having a get together with our neighbors, my fil and his family, to roast hot dogs have candy, maybe make smores and have a hay ride. That's tonight and then tomorrow kind of the same thing at my mil's house. That's it for us. I'll let the kids wear they're costumes if they still fit. Alisa's is a cat and Ally's is a princess. I think I can make Andrew a hobo or something, make his face look dirty with some makeup, roll up his jeans differently and there you go. I just like to celebrate Fall instead of actually Halloween.
Besides, it's suppose to rain like crazy tomorrow.

Okay, kids are waking up so I'll check in later.
Old 10-30-2004, 08:59 AM   #6  
a.k.a. Roxy

Hi Deana,
Yup 10! 20 (S), 17 (S), 15 (S), 13 (D), 10 (D), 8 (D), 7 (D), 5(D),
2(D), 6mo. (S). And one tired husband ! You have to feel sorry for ds#4 after all those girls, poor Marty! I am doing a low-carb thingy. Very modified because I'm nursing. I am carbomachine! I walk down the aisles of the store and the Butterfingers fly off the shelf and stick to my behind. How embarrassing ! I am not on a program for exercising, but I have to be!
I need good moving. I am going to increase my walking and start a toning video. The gym is out of the question. Too many babies at home, plus we live in the sticks. Really! The cows woke me up this morning. You gals are very inspiring, I'm looking forward to chatting with people that can complete their sentences and wipe themselves ! I'm bad. How do you work these ticker things? Boy, my profile is still incomplete. . Whoa, they are all awake now! Better feed them before they become dangerous... check in later.
~Roxy
1hot_tomato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2004, 09:18 AM   #7  
mama of 4little Angels

Thumbs up morning ladies

Roxy-Hi i'm a SAHM of 4, 3girls and one boy.Wow,It must be challenging but rewarding at the same time having 10 kids.Sometimes I wish for another then I have a bad day with mine.So I think God knows what he's doing.Keep posting the girls here are great.

Jill-I'll let you know how that goes tonight when we get back.I go talk into a timeshare seminar once and got money for that and didn't buy anything from them,so that's what i'm hoping for this time.we'll see.

Well,my kids got up early.ugh I was very upset, you would think letting them stay up late would make them sleep later.Not my kids they get up earlier.
Oh, for those of you who have time change.Don't forget to set your clocks back an hour before you go to bed tonight.

I need coffee I'm trying to cut back and I have but today I really need coffee yum. ttyl
Angel Marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2004, 11:04 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 307/187/130

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning Ladies!!

Welcome Roxy I'm Michelle SAHM to 2 girls Taylor and Teagan 3 years and 1 year respectively. I'm sure you'll enjoy it here!

Well girls I'm sick AGAIN!! This is why I am supposed to get a flu shot!! I literally feel like my head was split with an ax!!

Crystal is Andrew okay? I hope you get a nap today!!

Deana my hubby will be cleaning today for our Halloween party tomorrow! We never really have any get togethers so I'm excited and one of the girls I work with is bringing her famous rum punch which should be great! and No I'm not going to get smashed lol

Chris sorry you didn't get the pumpkin!! That sucks!! Its been frosting lately here so I know the first hard snow fall can't be far away.

Jill I'll send you a copy of my paper as soon as it's finished I have 7 more weeks to get it done though. What homework do you have to do?

Angel, my kids are the same way!! We have been keeping them up later but they are waking up either earlier or the same time! It drives me nuts since I work until 1 am and I feel like I'm not getting a full nights rest.

Okay my girls are running crazy I better get off here before they go totally nuts!

I will TTYL!
Michelle
MichelleRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2004, 11:13 AM   #9  
Focus on the Process

S/C/G: 247/247/165

Height: 5' 8"

Good morning ladies...

I got a great night sleep. For once, Nicole didn't sneak into our bed in the middle of the night. I even had room to roll over. Today is just going to be a hanging around the house day. I have alot of housework to catch up on. I let alot of things go trying to find that pumpkin. Too bad we didn't get it. After a while , its not about winning the money. We just get curious and want to know if we were close in finding it. Of course, we were, but we had to leave to take my niece to preschool. It was found in the area we were going to look while we were gone.

Hey Roxy-Welcome! 10 kids! How do you do it? I have 3 daughters and am so stressed out most of the time, I should be bald! I'm Chris, and a sahm mom of the 3d's...11 yrs, 5, yrs, and 2 yrs. No more for me. I lived in Montana all my life. I'm doing WW and have been since May.

Crystal-I think its neat that you don't celebrate Halloween. I'm not really into the scary stuff either. My kids all dress up in fun costumes or cute ones. I wish I could get away without trick or treating but since I let them do it before we started going to church regularly, they "have" to do it. But my sister's MIL is doing a small party before so they get to bob for apples and play some games. I am taking them to our church. They do a party called Tailgate Treats. They have cookies and things to do inside the church and then some of the church members hand out candy from the trunks of their cars outside. That'll be fun for them.

Which brings up a cute story. Last night, when I was getting my Dh's presciption from walmart, they had a trick-or-treating thing going on in the store. One little girl (maybe 3-4 yrs) walked by with her mom and she was asking if she should say trick or treat to the people in the store. Her mom said yes and then the little girl asked her mom if she should say Halleluyah ( I can't spell) to them afterward. Too cute.

Well, I'm hearing a chair scrape across the kitchen floor and I'm missing my 2 yr old. That can't be good.

!~chris
chrily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2004, 12:29 PM   #10  
2BoysMom

Welcome Roxy!

Hi to all! Sorry not to get personal...but busy day ahead. Need to catch up on laundry, cleaning and playing with the kids of course .

Got online to try to find a used Expedition that we can afford...think I found one...ooooooo, that would be so exciting! If we go anywhere and want to take my Mom, she has to squeeze between the car seat and the booster seat in our Explorer.

Anyway...just popped on to say HI! Happy Halloween Eve!

Oh, and Spryng...I'm calling you that name again! Congrats on being so close to goal and for getting that job! Get all that cleaning done now...cause you'll quickly run out of time! Hee hee!!

I'll be back later ladies...maybe not til tomorrow though.

Everyone have a wonderful day.
Chubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2004, 01:18 PM   #11  
**Kristin**

Hey there ladies! WOW - I know...its SATURDAY and IM HERE!! LOL! Dh is running errands for a little while. so I have some time to sneak down here!

WElcome Roxy! I would love to have 10 children! I don't think that we could ever affod it though! Does everyone still live at home? my goodness! What are their names!? I love finding that out! LOL! Can't wait to hear more about you!

Michelle - So sorry about your headache! Make those people give you that flu shot! or can you get that flu-mist thing? I guess its a little more expensive, but they actually have some of that to give away I guess! Your paper sounds great, I would love to read it as well!

Jill - Hey there....I am in the 21st century! Snot, I have a visa debit card....it always goes through right away though! LOL! I have chekced that out, anything to cut corners! LOL! Hope you have a great weekend!

Geri - Hey there! Hope you have a great halloween! An expredition sounds nice! I know we will need a bigger SUV or a van too.....as soon as I have another one. we are constantly taking parents with us places, etc.

Chris - cute story! Sydney goes to a christian pre-school and she says sweet things like that to.....when the dogs were sharing the big dog bed she goes " Oh look mom, they are sharing Gods love!" LOL! Too cute!

Angel - hey you! The holidays will be tough, but you can do it! Tell your self that you can! Thanks for the time change reminder!

Crystal - I love fall to, there is a limit to what I will ever let my chidlren wear for halloween too ! Have fun this next few nights doing fun fall stuff!

Deana - ooo!!! ooo!! Peek, Peek !!!! You are doing awesome! Make sure though that you are eating enough! YOua re so busy, I bet you forget to eat sometimes, I do that! Anyway, have fun at the halloween party, and have a great weekend!

well dh will be home soon and I need to get lunch going, so have a great weekend! Happy Pumpkins to you all!
sydsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2004, 03:02 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 332.4/228.4/175

Height: 5'11"

Hey ladies. Sorry I didn't get a chance to get in here yesterday. I was busy between going to my daughter's school for her Halloween party and parade and then to my son's school for his festivities. Then we went to the high school and to the shops downtown for trick or treating. I had my first session with the trianer last night. Boy am I out of shape. I think working with a trainer is just what I need to kick my butt into gear though. What a workout! I see him again on Tuesday. Well my official start weight is 302 lbs. That's my all time high. That number will be going down from here on out though. No time for replies. I still need to catch up on what I missed yesterday. Talk to you later.
Steph
bobsgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2004, 03:08 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 332.4/228.4/175

Height: 5'11"

Oops, noticed we had another newbie. Welcome Ruby. I'll introduce myself later. Just wanted to say hi.
Steph
bobsgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2004, 04:32 PM   #14  
Curves 6-week solution

S/C/G: 159/159/135

Height: 5'4"

Hey girls I finally got here, I was here earlier reading but had to get a few things done before posting. I was reading in bed and fell asleep. Bayley is asleep now and I need to clean some while she is down. She has a cough and is a little congested. She seems to be feeling fine. Just has a cough. Anyway dh is out riding dirt bikes yet again and I'm sure he is having fun. I was supposed to meet up with my friend Mandy but she didn't feel like waiting around for me to get my homework done so she took off. Just as well cuz I really need to just stay home and focus on getting this house in order. It's kind of fell by the wayside lately and I hate that. Well that's about it from me. I think I will go start some beef stew for dinner tonight. Hello to Roxy!! Great to have you!! Can't believe you have time to post with 10 kids!! Just craziness I bet. TTYL!
Bayleysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2004, 07:30 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Good evening all!
Sorry I didn't get on here earlier... I couldn't stand it anymore and I had to go grocery shopping! LOL! So that is taken care of, I also rented Paper Mario and the thousand year door for my gamecube and I've been glued to it all afternoon, lol. Dh is working on his last load today so about 3 hours and he should be home. I haven't made anything for dinner yet. Guess we'll do leftovers.
Well, my brain is fried, I wanted to say something else... hmm... well, I did buy me a cute lunchbox for work today. It's very fashionable, lol. I know when dh sees it he will roll his eyes, lol. But it was only 6 bucks! LOL.

Welcome Roxy to our little group of great women! 10 kids is amazing!! Are they all your natural children or are you a blended family? Just curious because not many woman have 10 kids on their own, lol.. but if they are all yours then that is amazing! I am Spryng, mother of 3 (4,3,1) fixing to enter the work force again nov 8th. I hope you find yourself at home here and post often!

Jill, stew sounds really good right now. One meal I have planned for this week is skillet chicken stew... it sounds soo good. Hope Bayley get's better fast!

Steph, you sound like you've been busy today too!

well shoot, dh is calling me.. TTYL!
spryng is offline   Reply With Quote