Old 08-25-2004, 02:20 PM   #1  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Default Common Scents

What is your favorite smell, or some of your favorite smells?

I have to say I have a few. One is a baby. I love the way a new baby smells. Then of course there is my two, (actually three now) candle scents which are Fresh Cut Roses, Wedding Day and Ocean Water. Of course the ocean water doesn't not smell like ocean water. Ocean water smells salty and fishy and these candles do not smell like fish. I used to buy this Magnolia potpourri and that was the best smelling stuff. Can't find it anywhere now. Used to buy it at Kirklands and the hospital gift shop. It really makes the house smell good and I always used that. But since I can't find it I turned to candles. My perfume, Eternity and Vince's cologne-Obsession-mmmmmm, so good, heavenly. And last but definitely not least, I love the smell of homemade cookies, cake, pie etc. That has got to be the best smell ever!

What are some of yours?
FrouFrou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2004, 03:07 PM   #2  

Height: 5'1"

Ooh this one is fun!!

I'm with you on the cologne..Obsession on James always having me tell him "You smell delicious!" I wear "Rapture" a Victoria Secret perfume....get lots of comments from men asking me what it is!

Also, Lavendar , Vanilla, and Pear. They are more of a memory smell....smells that remind me of when James and I got together...and I just can't get enough.

And lastly....another memory smell that I absolutely love is: SAGE!!
Marti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2004, 09:35 PM   #3  
GmaTo8

I love the smell of Neal's shaving cream better than anything. Also, sheets that have hung out to dry in the sunshine, the grandbabies necks when they are fresh from a nap, and the smell of school supplies, like books and paper.
Jane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2004, 11:37 PM   #4  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

My favorite perfume, Heavenly from V. Secret. I love lots of different candle scents, Lemon grass, honeydew, vanilla bean, cranberry. My daughter got me gel candles in canning jars which are fruit flavors and they smell so good...look like home canned fruit: peach, mango, cherry.
I love the way it smells in the country after it rains.
But you guys are right, nothing smells as good as a baby.

Sue
suetalks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2004, 12:09 AM   #5  
self portrait

I love the smell of puppy breath. I know that is wierd, but until a certain age, puppies have no bad breath and it is this unique cute smell they have. I also love the smell of my boyfriends face after he shaves. I love the smell of coconut anything, freshly baked cinnamon rolls, the smell of BBQ, the smell after a rain. For my candle scents, I love coffee, honeydew, fig, pineapple, etc. It would take to long to name them all. I had a friend that sold party lite candles, so i have a lot of those, just can't light them when my sweety is around.
I also like my perfume that my sweetie got me Amirage de Amor by givenchy, it is heavenly , but expensive and I am out. :-( he also got me este Lauder Pleasures once and it is a toss up which one I like better. Now I have to get the cheap WT perfumes, which makes me sad.
Oh, I could go on and on about the smells I like, thank god for the sense of smell. ( most of the time. lol)
I agree with everyone else too, there is nothing like the smell of a newly bathed little baby with all the powder and lotion on them and you get to smooch there little cheeks and just want to sniff them forever. Oh, I better calm down, my old biological clock is ticking like crazy. hee hee
SqueakMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2004, 10:53 AM   #6  
GmaTo8

Shanna, I forgot about puppy breath! I love that, too.
Jane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2004, 11:22 AM   #7  
One day at a time

I just thought of another-honeysuckle! My grandma always had it growing everywhere.
Old 08-26-2004, 02:31 PM   #8  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

And oh..mmmm Lilacs. I have 4 bushes and when they are in bloom they are terrific!

Sue
suetalks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2004, 05:26 PM   #9  

Height: 5'1"

Oh yes....Lilac are a favorite of mine too!! SOOO many to choose from it really is hard to find a "favorite".
Marti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2004, 09:15 PM   #10  
One day at a time

Aaaahhh, lilac, mmmm, and jasmine!

Of course I was talking about DH cologne smelling so good and thinking it was Obsession and it's not!!! Goofy, I swear! Now I am going to have to find out what it is, and I even bought it for him! The only reason I know is DS has his cologne in his car, don't ask me why and the bottle is totally different!
Old 08-26-2004, 11:44 PM   #11  
Give me strength

S/C/G: 299/261/250

Lilac's ...
the smell of being out doors in the country...fresh crisp

Baby

Gold Leaf by Thyme is my perfume...its soft with a hint of baby powder...lol

Cheap perfume that I love is vanilla musk...7 bucks a bottle...lol

cinnamon buns, and well pretty much all baked goods...

My favorite candle/ oils are orange patchoulli, cranberry, Ive got rose petal burning right now and its ok.
Things I thought I would love is pumpkin scent,,,and well I gagged with that smell...lol

Lotions are cranberry, white vanilla and cocoa butter creme all from the Body Shop.

ok this is the sick side of me...I like the smell of pine sol, bleach, pledge...

Angie
da fat n da furious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2004, 04:50 AM   #12  
self portrait

Angie: I too also have a sick one, I like the smell of tar, ya know when they are re-paving a road. Of course I can't sniffed too much or I will wind up with a headache and a case of the highs. lol
Jana: I am glad someone else likes puppies breath. It is kind of minty, but otherwise hard to describe, I just know it melts my heart when they snuggle by your face and accidently lick you mouth ( hate that by the way, but by a puppy or once and awhile by a dog is ok, ;-)
I also thought of some more smells:
fresh popcorn, sleeping in freshly washed sheets, driving by and smelling Williams bakery and the freshly baked bread and the smell of freshly baked, non greasy pizza. Yummy
I have to say I would like patchoulli oil if every where I smelled it at , it was so overpowering it makes me want to gag. I would like it in very, I mean very small doses. But everyone that wears it or makes there house smell like it, bathes in it and I can't breath. That seems to be the only scent that people go WAY overboard with in my opinion. I mean, when something is as powerful as that smell is, we need to use it sparingly to spare burning everyones nose hairs off. hee hee

Last edited by SqueakMouse; 08-27-2004 at 04:53 AM.
SqueakMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2004, 11:06 AM   #13  
One day at a time

Shanna, I agree with the freshly washed sheets. And to add yet another, freshly cut grass.

Angie~you made me think of lotions and I love the Bath and Body lotions. My favorites are the cucumber melon, sweet pea and cotton something. I try to find a different scent each time I go but those are my favs.
Old 08-28-2004, 12:37 AM   #14  
Give me strength

S/C/G: 299/261/250

Shanna,,,tar ...yuck I once had the flu and when walking home had to walk by these men taring the road,,,I got so sick and since then have that connection to tar...lol

I know what you mean about over powering smells,,,going over board.gag
Angie
da fat n da furious is offline   Reply With Quote