S/C/G: 299/261/250

>Pregnancy, Estrogen, and Women
> >
> >PREGNANCY Q & A &more!
> >
> >Q: Should I have a baby after 35?
> >A: No, 35 children is enough.
> >
> >Q: I'm two months pregnant now. When will my baby move?
> >A: With any luck, right after he finishes college.
> >
> >Q: What is the most reliable method to determine a baby's sex?
> >A: Childbirth.
> >
> >Q: My wife is five months pregnant and so moody that sometimes she's
> >borderline irrational.
> >A: So what's your question?
> >
> >Q: My childbirth instructor says it's not pain I'll feel during
labor,
but
> >pressure. Is she right?
> >A: Yes, in the same way that a tornado might be called an air
current.
> >
> >Q: When is the best time to get an epidural?
> >A: Right after you find out you're pregnant.
> >
> >Q: Is there any reason I have to be in the delivery room while my
wife is
> >in labor?
> >A: Not unless the word "alimony" means anything to you.
> >
> >Q: Is there anything I should avoid while recovering from
childbirth?
> >A: Yes, pregnancy.
> >
> >Q: Do I have to have a baby shower?
> >A: Not if you change the baby's diaper very quickly.
> >
> >Q: Our baby was born last week. When will my wife begin to feel and
act
> >normal again?
> >A: When the kids are in college.
> >
> >"ESTROGEN ISSUES"
> >10 WAYS TO KNOW IF YOU HAVE "ESTROGEN ISSUES"
> >
> >1. Everyone around you has an attitude problem.
> >2. You're adding chocolate chips to your cheese omelet.
> >3. The dryer has shrunk every last pair of your jeans.
> >4. Your husband is suddenly agreeing to everything you say.
> >5. You're using your cellular phone to dial up every bumper sticker
that
> >says: "How's my driving-call 1- 800-"
> >6. Everyone's head looks like an invitation to batting practice.
> >7. Everyone seems to have just landed here from "outer space."
> >8. You can't believe they don't make a tampon bigger than Super
Plus.
> >9. You're sure that everyone is scheming to drive you crazy.
> >10. The ibuprofen bottle is empty and you bought it yesterday.
> >
> >TOP TEN THINGS ONLY WOMEN UNDERSTAND
> >10. Cat's facial expressions.
> >9. The need for the same style of shoes in different colors.
> >8. Why bean sprouts aren't just weeds.
> >7. Fat clothes.
> >6. Taking a car trip without trying to beat your best time.
> >5. The difference between beige, ecru, cream, off-white, and
eggshell.
> >4. Cutting your hair to make it grow.
> >3. Eyelash curlers.
> >2. The inaccuracy of every bathroom scale ever made.
> >AND, the Number One Number One thing only women understand:
> >
> >1. OTHER WOMEN
> >
> >Send this to bright, funny women you know and make their day..
> >WE ALL NEED TO SMILE !!!
da fat n da furious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2004, 10:16 AM   #3  
GmaTo8

It is with the saddest heart that I pass on the following news:

The Pillsbury Doughboy died yesterday of a yeast infection, and complications from repeated pokes in the belly. He was 71.

Doughboy is survived by his wife, Play Dough, two children, John Dough and Jane Dough, who has a bun in the oven. He is also survived by his elderly father, Pop Tart.

Doughboy was buried in a lightly greased coffin. Dozens of celebrities turned out to pay their respects, including Mrs.Butterworth, Hungry Jack, The California Raisins, Betty Crocker, the Hostess Twinkies and Captain Crunch. The grave site was piled high with flours.

Aunt Jemima delivered the eulogy, and lovingly described Doughboy as a man who never knew how much he was kneaded. Doughboy rose quickly in show business, but his later life was filled with turnovers. He was not considered a very smart "cookie", wasting much of his dough on half-baked schemes.

Despite being a little flaky at times, he still, as a crusty old man, was considered a roll model for millions.

The funeral was held at 3:50 for about 20 minutes.
Jane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2005, 11:31 AM   #4  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

****bump****
FrouFrou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2005, 12:34 PM   #5  
One step at a time...

S/C/G: 236/236/166

A young newlywed couple wanted to join a church. The pastor told them, "We have special requirements for new parishioners. You must abstain from sex for one whole month."

The couple agreed and after two-and-a-half weeks returned to the Church.

When the Pastor ushered them into his office, the wife was crying and the husband obviously very depressed. "You are back so soon... Is there a problem?" the pastor inquired.

"We are terribly ashamed to admit that we did not manage to abstain from sex for the required month...." the young man replied sadly. The pastor asked him what happened.

"Well, the first week was difficult.... However, we managed to abstain through sheer will power. The second week was terrible, but with the use of prayer, we managed to abstain."

"However, the third week was unbearable. We tried cold showers, prayer, reading from the Bible... anything to keep our minds off carnal thoughts. One afternoon, my wife reached for a can of paint and dropped it. When she bent over to pick it up, I was overcome with lust and had my way with her right then and there!" admitted the man, shamefacedly.

"You understand this means you will not be welcome in our church," stated the pastor.

"We know." said the young man, hanging his head, ".....We're not welcome at Home Depot either."
JEO1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2005, 02:38 PM   #6  
GmaTo8

Old 02-10-2005, 03:52 PM   #7  
One day at a time

OMG! Too funny Jenn!
Old 02-28-2005, 02:33 PM   #8  
One day at a time

Talking JC's PC and The Jewish Boy and the...

JC's PC

Jesus and Satan have an argument as to who is the better computer programmer. This goes on for a few hours until they agree to hold a contest with God as the judge.

They set themselves before their computers and begin. They type furiously for several hours, lines of code streaming up the screen.

Seconds before the end of the competition, a bolt of lightning strikes, taking out the electricity. Moments later, the power is restored, and God announces that the contest is over. He asks Satan to show what he has come up with. Satan is visibly upset, and cries, "I have nothing! I lost it all when the power went out."

"Very well, then," says God, "let us see if Jesus fared any better."

Jesus enters a command, and the screen comes to life in vivid display, the voices of an angelic choir pour forth from the speakers. Satan is astonished.

He stutters, "But how?! I lost everything yet Jesus' program is intact! How did he do it?"

God chuckles, "Jesus saves."

--------------------------------------------------------------

The Jewish Boy and the Muslim Boy

David, a Jewish boy and, Ali, a Muslim boy are having a conversation.

Ali: I'm getting operated on tomorrow.

David: Oh? What are they going to do?

Ali: Circumcise me!

David: I had that done when I was just a few days old.

Ali: Did it hurt?

David: I couldn't walk for a year!

Okay, kind of silly but I thought they were cute!
Old 02-28-2005, 10:59 PM   #9  
Give me strength

One morning a husband took a pair of underwear out of the drawer. "What the? ? ?" he said to himself as a little "dust" cloud appeared when he shook them out.
> "April," he hollered into the bathroom, "why did you put talcum powder in my underwear?"
> She shot back: "It's not talcum powder. It's 'Miracle Grow'."
>
Old 02-28-2005, 11:01 PM   #10  
Give me strength

Grandchildren

An elderly woman and her little grandson, whose face was sprinkled with bright freckles, spent the day at the zoo. Lots of children were waiting in line to get their cheeks painted by a local artist who was decorating them with tiger paws.
"You've got so many freckles, there's no place to paint!" a girl in the line said to the little fella. Embarrassed, the little boy dropped his head.

His grandmother knelt down next to him "I love your freckles. When I was a little girl I always wanted freckles, she said, while tracing her finger across the child's cheek. "Freckles are beautiful!"

The boy looked up, "Really?"
"Of course," said the grandmother. "Why, just name me one thing that's prettier than freckles."
The little boy thought for a moment, peered intensely into his grandma's face, and softly whispered, "Wrinkles."
A grandmother was telling her little granddaughter what her own childhood was like. "We used to skate outside on a pond. I had a swing made from a tire; it hung from a tree in our front yard. We rode our pony. We picked wild raspberries in the woods."

The little girl was wide-eyed, taking this in. At last she said, "I sure wish I'd gotten to know you sooner!"
My grandson was visiting one day when he asked, Grandma, do you know how you and God are alike?"
I mentally polished my halo while I asked, "No, how are we alike?"
"You're both old," he said.
When my grandson asked me how old I was, I teasingly replied "I'm not sure."
"Look in your underwear, Grandma," he advised. "Mine says I'm four."
A Sunday school class was studying the Ten Commandments.
They were ready to discuss the last one. The teacher asked if anyone could tell her what it was. Susie raised her hand, stood tall, and quoted,

"Thou shall not take the covers off thy neighbor's wife."
Our five-year-old son Mark couldn't wait! to tell his friend about the movie we had watched on television, "20,000 Leagues Under the Sea." The scenes with the submarine and the giant octopus had kept him wide-eyed.

In the middle of the telling, my husband interrupted Mark, "What caused the submarine to sink?"
With a look of incredulity Mark replied, "Dad, it was the 20,000 leaks!!"
A second grader came home from school and said to her mother, "Mom, guess what? We learned how to make babies today."
The mother, more than a little surprised, tried to keep her cool. "That's interesting," she said. "How do you make babies?"

"It's simple," replied the girl. "You just change "y" to "i" and add "es."
(Why wouldn't an English teacher love that one???)
"Give me a sentence about a public servant," said a teacher.
The small boy wrote: "The fireman came down the ladder pregnant."
The teacher took the lad aside to correct him. "Don't you know what pregnant means?" she asked.
"Sure," said the young boy confidently. "It means carrying a child."
A grandmother was surprised by her 7 year old grandson one morning. He had made her coffee. She drank what was the worst cup of coffee in her life. When she got to the bottom, there were three of those little green Army men in the cup. She said "Honey, what are these army men doing in my coffee?"

Her grandson said, "Grandma, it says on TV, "The best part of waking up is soldiers in your cup!"
A nursery school teacher was delivering a station wagon full of kids home one day when a fire truck zoomed past. Sitting in the front seat of the fire truck was a Dalmatian dog. The children started discussing the dog's duties.

"They use him to keep crowds back," said one youngster.
"No," said another, "he's just for good luck"
A third child brought the argument to a close..."They use the dogs", she said firmly, "to find the fire hydrant."Ardyth )
Old 02-28-2005, 11:02 PM   #11  
Give me strength

HEALTH QUESTION & ANSWER SESSION

Q: I've heard that cardiovascular exercise can prolong life. Is this true?

A: Your heart is only good for so many beats, and that's it... don't waste them on exercise. Everything wears out eventually. Speeding up your heart will not make you live longer; that's like saying you can extend the life of your car by driving it faster. Want to live longer? Take a nap.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Q: Should I cut down on meat and eat more fruits and vegetables?

A: You must grasp logistical efficiencies. What does a cow eat? Hay and corn. And what are these? Vegetables. So a steak is nothing more than an efficient mechanism of delivering vegetables to your system. Need grain? eat chicken. Beef is also a good source of field grass (green leafy vegetable). And a pork chop can give you 100% of your recommended daily allowance of vegetable products.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Q: How can I calculate my body/fat ratio?

A: Well, if you have a body and you have body fat, your ratio is one to one. If you have two bodies, your ratio is two to one, etc.

Q: What are some of the advantages of participating in a regular exercise program?

A: Can't think of a single one, sorry. My philosophy is: No Pain...Good

Q: Aren't fried foods bad for you?

A: YOU'RE NOT LISTENING!!!. Foods are fried these days in vegetable oil. In fact, they're permeated in it. How could getting more vegetables be bad for you?

Q: Will sit-ups help prevent me from getting a little soft around the middle?

A: Definitely not! When you exercise a muscle, it gets bigger. You should only be doing sit-ups if you want a bigger stomach.

Q: Is chocolate bad for me?

A: Are you crazy? HELLO ...... Cocoa beans ... another vegetable!!! It's the best feel-good food around!

Q: Is swimming good for your figure?

A: If swimming is good for your figure, explain whales to me.

Q: Is getting in-shape important for my lifestyle?

A: Hey! 'Round' is a shape!

Well, I hope this has cleared up any misconceptions you may have had about food and diets. And remember:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming - WOO HOO! What a Ride !
DeleteReplyForwardSpamMove...
Old 02-28-2005, 11:03 PM   #12  
Give me strength

Dog Lover

1. Blaming your farts on me... not funny... not funny at all!!!

2. Yelling at me for barking... I'M A FRIGGIN' DOG, YOU IDIOT!

3. Taking me for a walk, then not letting me check stuff out.
Exactly whose walk is this anyway?

4. Any trick that involves balancing food on my nose... stop it!

5. Any haircut that involves bows or ribbons... now you know why we chew your stuff up when you're not home.

6. The sleight of hand, fake fetch throw. You fooled a dog! WhooooHoooooooo what a proud moment for the top of the food chain.

7. Taking me to the vet for "the big snip", then acting surprised when I freak out every time we go back!

8. Getting upset when I sniff the crotches of your guests. Sorry, but I haven't quite mastered that handshake thing yet!

9. Dog sweaters. Hello ???... Haven't you noticed the fur?

10. How you act disgusted when I lick myself. Look, we both know the truth, you're just jealous.

Now lay off me on some of these thing's, We both know who's boss here!!!

You Don't See Me Picking
Up Your Poop Do You?
Old 03-01-2005, 06:24 AM   #13  
GmaTo8

Smile

Good ones, ladies! I especially like the ones about grandchildren, lol. Yesterday at the mall, I bought a plaque that says: Grandparents are so easy, even a small child can operate them. Oh how true, lol!!!
Old 03-08-2005, 03:36 PM   #14  
One day at a time

Talking Church Bulletin Bloopers

Ladies Bible Study will be held Thursday morning at 10 a.m. All ladies are invited to lunch in the Fellowship Hall after the B.S. is done.

Low self esteem supposrt group will meet Thursday at 7 p.m. Please use back door.

Ladies, don't forget the rummage sale. It's a chance to get rid of those things not worth keeping around the house. Don't forget your husbands.

The peacemaking meeting scheduled for today has been cancelled due to conflict.

The sermon this morning: Jesus Walks On Water. The sermon tonight: Searching For Jesus.

Don't let worry kill you off-let the church help.

At the evening service tonight, the sermon topic will be "What is ****?" Come early and listen to our choir practice. (This one was funny because the choir at our church is horrible! Always off key baaad!)

The senior choir invites any member of the congregation who enjoys sinning to join their choir.

For those of you who have children and don't know it, we have a nursery downstairs.

Okay, so they are not so funny, but I thought they were cute.
Old 03-24-2005, 01:45 PM   #15  
One day at a time

***BUMP***

Just bumping this up for those who haven't seen the thread can take a gander since they are good ones!

Enjoy ladies!