Old 09-08-2004, 09:10 PM   #76  
Swimming Mouse

Wow... We're all so busy!
2nd day of school: I either got bit by a bug of some type during 4th period or I'm allergic to my 4th period class. I'm going for the latter, because after they left, I was scratching my forehead (thinking, that's odd!), and my TA looks at me and says, "You've got hives all over your forehead! You'd better go to nursing!" So, I wander down the hall to the nurses office, and boy do I ever!! I had to sit there with ice, and then they put caladryl on me. Now all the hives have grown together into one big lump!
Summer: Hope everything went okay today!!!!! I, too, was bit by the inconsiderate doctor bug. I had an appointment with yet another plastic surgeon in my great search to have this darned pannus removed... and I took 2 hours off of work for it. I drove up there, and they claim they tried to call me. Sure they did: Friday afternoon, on my CELL PHONE! They never ever left a message at my home. :???:
I was nice enough about it, and they did reschedule me for next Thursday. I'll be back from my mom's house by then.
Good news: I am now or will be, a part-time swim instructor for the gym. The pool manager hadn't been at all interested in me between last time I asked about it, and was told I'd get it... and this session starting. She kept putting me off. She finally talked to me tonight, and found out that I had experience with Special Olympics, and had taught swimming in the adapted rec program for Fairfax County. THEN she was interested, and was moreso when I told her that I was a fully certified teacher.
Anonymouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2004, 10:28 PM   #77  
KAR

Evening Ladies,
Has this been day from h*ll. It rained all day long here. I had morning bus due and the other people I was suppose to be doing duty with never showed up outside. So it just irked me the wrong way. I was told about an IEP meeting that was taking place today this morning by an innocet bystander. I went to this meeting on a student I don't know, but they would like to evenutal place in my room. The kid is SBH and was kicked out of school because of his behavior. He gave the aide two blackeyes and kicked another aide in the leg and left a nasty bruise. So I just hope this kid isn't placed in my room for a long time. His tutor was not there and his foster parents never showed and the people from his county's MRDD board showed up for the meeting 1 1/2 hours late, cause they got lost. So I didn't get much out of going to this meeting, except being away from my kids for 1 1/2 hours and missing important instructional time with them. It was a total waste of my time. Then the afterschool program was cut short due to the ton of rain we got today and the roads starting to flood. So it will be interesting if we have school tomorrow. I am hoping for a much better day! I did go to Curves tonight and put in a great workout though.
Summer, I am glad that your MRI was better today. Sorry they are jerking you around. I will keep saying my prayers that you will get some much needed answers soon.
Mouse, I am sorry to hear that you have hives. How awful for you! Congrats on the part-time swim instructor job! Way to go girl! So when do you start?
Ginny hope all was well with you today! I started counting down the weeks we have left with our kids the first week of school. Isn't that awful? My kids this year are a bunch of whining babies sometimes. I think they are worst than a bunch of high school girls. LOL
Robyn, here is a big hug honey. I hope your day was better today. Sorry to hear that you were not able to unwind and do any school work last evening.
Well I am off to bed. Have to get my rest for my kiddos tomorrow. They are a strange group when the weather isn't nice and sunny out. So I need all my energy to deal with them tomorrow. Unless we have a flood day!
Have a great Thursday!
Kerry
KAR73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2004, 11:01 PM   #78  
MomWifeTeacherFriend

Hello everyone....

Congrats on the job, Mousie! Hope the need for the umbrellas has subsided for you all! We finally made it a whole day without a bit of rain.... of course the standing puddles made for an interesting fire drill.... but...well.... Summer, any news?! Ginny, swing your bus by and pick me up.... I'm ready to kick some Trumbull butt!!!

Thanks for all the wonderful supportive notes! Today I finally broke down and went to the dr. Sinusitis, bronchitis, laryngitis (how doooo you spell these itis words!?!) and he wants me to come back on Sunday so he can listen to my chest... He thinks I may have pneumonia... WELCOME BACK to SCHOOL!!!

I have a horrible horrible sinus headache that this screen seems to be making worse...
once again....... forgive me for such a "quality post"! I'm giving up. UNCLE. I'm going to bed....

night...take care... TGIF!!!!

Last edited by HatterasMermaid; 09-09-2004 at 11:45 PM.
HatterasMermaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2004, 01:09 PM   #79  
burned out bus driver

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...........
Yestertday, I had a long post written.....was just getting towards the end and voila!!!!!! the power goes off! (just for a second, but just enough to mess up my computer. Thanks a bunch, Frances.). So I shut down and gave up. I'll see if I can recreate my thoughts.

Mouse- gee, this is a win- win if I ever heard one!!! Teaching swimming??? I hope you are getting paid for this ~ but anyway I am so happy for you! How is the bug bite? and or hives? If you are still having a problem, and can tolerate benadry, try taking a half adult dose (full dose might put you to sleep). It really is the best thing for hives, and works like a charm. Feel better, ok?

Kerry- what a bummer about that meeting you had to endure. By now your weather should have improved, I hope! Was it the effects of Frances also?
I am so happy for you that you did not stress eat after such a miserable day, but went to Curves instead.

Robyn- Please take care of yourself........drink lots and lots of fluids, and be sure to take your meds. You poor thing......now the big question, you still working thru all this???????? Don't know if that is such a great idea~ but I understand with a new job and all that. Take care.........try to rest, ok?
And sorry for all the bad news you have had to endure recently.

Summer- how you doing???? I was happy to hear that this MRI was not as stressful for you. Any news yet???? Hugs, hugs and more hugs. I continue to pray for you.

Life here in bus land is still insane.........now the dumb phone is ringing...Dm with all the details about her surgery. Better go! See you later.
Ginny
ECmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2004, 06:22 PM   #80  
burned out bus driver

Well, I survived the day........total morons on the road to boot! I felt like going over the radio to ask if the local looney bin had been let out.......had a Fed Ex truck go in a ditch in front of me (driver was fine, noone hurt, thankfully) and just lots and lots of other little nonsense that gets to any driver.....but when you have someone elses children with you, it unnerves a bit more. Oh well, they are thankfully, all home in one piece.
I am beginning to solve the problem of the flasher and his brother. For the past 2 days, I have had two 5th grade girls sit with them to assist. Funny, they seem like the baby sitter types...but are not really up to the job. The students I used for the same task last year (with the heavy sleeper who disrobed or flung himself off the bus ala superman, jumping down all 3 steps together) were sort of misbehavers themselves, but truly rose to the occasion while helping me. Both showed me a side of themselves that would not otherwise be seen. I think even the principal was surprised that I selected those students to help. But they were a God send to me. Guess I'd better look deeper in my roster. Anyway, the troops were not too bad today- and now I am working on enforcing the rules. My run is very tight...and typically I get no time at all before I load the elementary kids. Usually I pull into my slot and some students are waiting already,not even giving me time to walk my bus looking for sleepers (gotta do that, state law).
So, it will be one of those years..and if the route is that tight, it will get even worse when the weather turns bad.
BTW- last night God was sure smiling upon me! I had to drive Ds to his pitching coach, and listened to him crab the whole way up ( he wanted Dh to take him, not me). As we approached our destination, I noticed that the WW center in that town (which was, according to the "800" # closed) had its lights on......so I took a chance......dropped the crabby kid off and drove back. WOo HOO!!!!!! There was a meeting!!!!!!!! I was so happy (the staff must have thought I was nuts). I was planning on jumping thru some hoops to get to a meeting today, and instead was able to stay home between am and pm runs. Ok, I "gained" 4 #, but know that that is all garbage. Last meeting I was at, I wore shorts, last nite I had on jeans and a long sleeved shirt. Also I had a cup of tea and 2 glasses of water before I left home, and still held that water in me. Plus TOM is due in 3 days. So I am not at all worried. My clothes fit the same. Anyway.....Dh just came back and he is in a miserable mood. Better go before he gets upset. Its Friday!!!!!!!!
Ginny
Old 09-10-2004, 06:56 PM   #81  
Swimming Mouse

I'm back...
Anybody hear from Summer???
Robyn: How's the illness? don't push yourself! I had that and didn't go to the doctor for months and months (who can blame me with all the doctors I see anyway?!), mostly because I couldn't get an appointment with a primary care/general practioner! I finally went to urgent care and had bronchitis and pneumonia... and NO SICK LEAVE! I didn't get rid of it until after Hanukkah. You can't use or earn sick leave until you've had your 6 months probation period. Strange philosophy for a hospital and school since we get reminded constantly not to come to work sick since so many of our kids are medically fragile.
Ginny: I fully understand the bit with drivers. As you may be aware, turn signals are optional in the state of Maryland. You're not required to have them or use them.
And last night, my car broke down in the gym parking lot. Fortunately, they managed to get it started (tow truck driver). The driver followed me to the gas station, I bought gas for the car. On his recommendation, I took the car to the Saturn dealer I always go to. He said his wife has a Saturn also, and he won't let the local dealers touch her car. In fact, as I think on it, I don't know anybody that lets the local Saturn group service their cars. So I drove it to York, and my mom had to come get me from her house. I missed school today... didn't get my car back till after 4.
I start my swimming job this Saturday. The pool manager considers me as good as hired, and I'm being paid for it. I am not entirely sure how much it is, though. She gave me a figure and said it was "per lesson". There are 2 lessons per night, though, and I just can't believe I'm getting paid that much for 1.5 hours of work! FUN work, too, since I love being in the water with kids. I didn't get paid for Special Olympics or Fairfax County's program. They were both volunteer. I got free membership to the rec center for Fairfax County if I did 4 hours or more per week.
We'll see, I guess.
Old 09-11-2004, 12:11 AM   #82  
KAR

Evening Ladies,
Thank God it is the weekend. I didn't have a good day today. I was ready to cry by 9 am today. My kids were given a count job for the school. Our open house is this coming Tuesday and the district bought these How to Succeed Magizines for parents. There were four of them. Math, Reading, Sciene and Social Studies. My kids were given this job yesterday at 2 p.m. school gets out at 2:45. So I had my afterschool kids work on it some. Then my kids finished this morning and delievered them to teachers. That was about 2,000 magazines that we sorted and delievered. Then I had another count job in my mailbox and the secretary called and asked me if we had it done yet. I told her no and she said that my boss wanted it down by the end of the school day so the kids could take it home. So we hurried up and finished that one and delievered them. Then I had a run in with the lunch duty lady about where my kids could sit. We have sat at the first table in the middle row for the last few weeks. The kids who pack their lunches then have the rest of the table. So today we got in the cafeteria late because the third grade teachers dismissed the kids late and the packers tried to take my kids seats. I asked them politely to move down and this lady jumps all over me about how we are only to have the first have of the table. Mind you there is 6 preteenage boys and 2 adults that have to seat here. The tables only hold 3 people per side per section. So I told my boss we need to talk. We didn't get to talk this afternoon, but he is going to get an ear full Monday morning while we do bus duty. I can't stand this lady being rude to me and my kids all the time. I swear she stands by my wheelchair student to hollar at the rest of the kids. This scares my girl and she starts to whine or cry a little. This lady told my aide the one day to take her to the smaller lunchroom. Mind you if we did that we would not be around the other kids and my kids wouldn't be getting any socialzation with other peers. So today since I was in a bad mood by lunch time, I was ready to rumble with this lady if she got mouthy with me one more time. I tried to make copies after school and the papers kept jamming on me. So I just came home. Walked in the house and my dh knew something was wrong. So he listened to my tale of woe and told me to go workout at Curves. I would feel much better after that. So I did and he was right. We walked down to the festival here in town and got dinner. Then we walked to the football game. SO my evening has been great. Tomorrow I am having a yard sale. So I hope that I will do good enough with the festival going on here in town. We are only two blocks from where they are holding it.
Sounds like everyone has been busy with school. I will get more personal tomorrow afternoon or evening. I am really tired tonight. So I will talk to you all later.
Have a great weekend!
Take care,
Kerry
Old 09-11-2004, 10:27 AM   #83  
Swimming Mouse

Ahhh, Kerry, they used to do that to me in my inner city school with my class. It drove me nuts: the other kids, being big and tough and well, streety would push my kids out of the lunch line. My kids, being big and not-tough and emotionally disturbed as well as cognitively impaired would shove them back and we'd have a rumble. Guess who got in trouble? ME! Not the kids, not the kids who started it... ME. We just gave up, to be hoenst with you and I started taking my kids to lunch in between shifts. It was the only way I could preserve some of my sanity since I didn't have a TA. And the other teacher wouldn't come to lunch if she knew I was there... so I'd get stuck with both life-skills classes. And hse had no control over her group at all.
One time, one of the regular kids put one of my kids in the trashcan. My kid LET the other kids do this. He thought they were his friends.
Another time, one of my kids got turned upside down and shaken down for money in the boys bathroom. After that, I went in the boys bathroom and cleared it out before my kids could come in since administration wouldn't do anything about that either.
Old 09-11-2004, 10:34 AM   #84  
burned out bus driver

Good morning!!!
Crabby Dh and Ds just left for bball practice.....ah, the house is so nice and quiet!!!

Kerry- it sure sounds as though your day was pure torture. One ordeal after another, and stupid people to boot! Save your anger for Monday ( bus duty again??)- take notes for yourself so that you can stay on topic and get the points you need to make across. Is this lunch lady a permanent person??
Gotta love your Dh for sending you to Curves......he really rose to the occasion on that one!!!!! I am so glad that your evening worked out to be great for you. Maybe you got all the crummies out of the way during the day, and your weekend will be nice!! Good luck with the garage sale.

Mouse- the more I hear about your swimming instructor job, the better it sounds!!!!!! I am soooo happy for you! What was wrong with your car? At least the breakdown happened in a pretty good place, as opposed to on an expressway.....or the Beltway.....I95....... Guess the same rule that applies to optional turn signals (or use of them when you have already begun the turn, so why bother!) also applies to passing a school bus with its reds on. (wait till I post here on a day when that happens.........it takes me hours to calm down and stop shaking) So,is today the first day of swimming lessons??? Let us know how it goes.

Robyn- how you feeling????? I totally agree with Mouse. I had something like that 3 years ago. First got sick in early January and did not get rid of it until April....6, Dr visits.......3 antibiotics....borderline pneumonia....what a mess. Take care of yourself!!!!

Summer- still praying for you.......we miss you.

After several days of totally crummy weather, it is beautiful here in NY. Dd has a soccer game this afternoon, and is now playing with some neighborhood buddies. I'm going to check out and go do my WW tape. I'd love to walk but want to let Dd just play outside with her friends.
See ya later.
Ginny
Old 09-11-2004, 04:02 PM   #85  
KAR

Hi everyone,
My day has been good. I got up this morning and did a 3 mile walking video. Then I got my shower for the day and got ready. Then I set up my yard sale. I sat outside in the shade mind you since it is hot here but 5 1/4 hours and only made $26. So I think everyone must have been busy going to school sporting events and the festival. So I packed everything back up and plan on having another in Oct. Then hopefully I will be rid of everything.
Tonight my mil and I are going to here a concert downtown. My minster's stepds is in a band and they are performing tonight. Then it will be back to the house to watch the parade since it goes right by our house. So it is a nice way to relax after my hetic week and morning.
Mouse I got the same treatment last year when I had a really severe behavior student that you are talking about always getting in trouble yourself. I now know why one of my coworker's left to go teach at other school. He was on this ladies grade level team and she made his life misible. So I have set out to stand up to this lady and not back down and let her win. She doesn't do a good job teaching, the kids walk all over her and she breaks ever staff rule we have at school. She is one of those people who come across phoney. Enough about that. Did you find out what was wrong with your car? I hope it can be easily fixed and doesn't cost a lot. Enjoy your first swimming class tonight.
Robyn, I hope you are feeling better today. It doesn't help to be sick with all the stress you have been under. I hope you get a good report when you go see the doctor tomorrow. Please take some time and rest this weekend.
Summer, how are you? Have you heard anything yet? I read a magazine called diane today and thought of you. It is a magazine put out by Curves. This issue they were talking about women who had breast cancer and their stories of how they survied their ordeal. Would you like me to mail you my magazine?
Ginny, hope your crabby ds and dh come home in a better mood. I know working out yesterday made me feel so much better. Maybe you could get a walk in this evening. I noticed that I sleep better at night when I get a walk in during the day. Hope your dd has a great soccer game. My stepchildren are playing soccer this year. They have their first practice on Monday night. Thank God all three of them are on the same team. That makes it easier.
Well I think I am going to go try and take a nap.
Talk to you all later,
Kerry
P.S. Please keep my cousin's family in your prayer's. His wife passed away last night from complications due to the gastric bypass surgery. She lost weight too fast and then got down to 90 pounds. She was one sick lady for the past several months.
Old 09-11-2004, 08:48 PM   #86  
burned out bus driver

Just a short hello......
Kerry- sorry that your garage sale did not do so well. I have had sales like that, when I only made a few dollars. Seems like a lot of work for nothing. But you are right, October might just be a better time when kids schedules settle down a bit. Sounds as though you have a really nice evening planned! I hope you enjoy it- the concert and parade. Yup, I sleep better also when I get my "walk" or whatever in during the day. I did my WW tape this morning, when everyone was out. It felt so good....and I put some extra gusto into those kicks and lunges to get rid of some of the stress. It felt good.......
My day was ok. Dd had her soccer game- the team won and looked pretty good for the first game and only one practice. Ds and Dh came home in only slightly improved moods. Funny how Dh is not able to see why his excessive opinionated moods (gee that sounds clumsy, but describes him well) could possibly affect Ds's moods (or mine for that matter!) When Dh is in the excessively opinionated mode, nothing anyone else says is right or even close and he blasts apart whatever anyone else has to say.
This evening he complained that Ds was unable to express his opinion~ well, duh, if he is told that his opinion is wrong all the time....then that sure does not give him much confidence in self expression, now does it???? (Dh is the same way with me at times also). Sorry, I had to vent, I am not really bellyachin' as much as I am just stating fact. It is a part of Dh that I have learned to deal with, my SIL has the same difficulty with my BIL (obviously, Dh's brother).

Anyway, in comparison to what Kerry's cousin's family is going thru this is nothing! Kerry, may I just have the cousin's first name please? It helps me to pray if I have a first name. Did your cousin and his wife have any children???? That is so sad.....I have heard such stories about the bypass surgery, although I know of instances when it was a blessing. I will pray for your cousin's family.
Nuff blabbering from me in one day!!
Summer and Robyn......how you two doing??? Mouse, how did the first day of swimming instructing go?
See you tomorrow.
Ginny
Old 09-11-2004, 10:58 PM   #87  
KAR

Evening Ladies,
I had a really nice time at the concert and the parade. It was nice to visit with some friends that you don't always get to see or have the time to chat with. So my weekend is going great so far. Tomorrow we might be going to look for a new van. My van is leaking oil and we don't know why. So hopefully we will get to go van shopping tomorrow.
As for my cousin's name it is Bill and his wife's name is Beverly. This was her second marriage, but she had two children from a previous marriage. They are both in their early twenty's, a boy named Chris and a girl named Amanda. It is going to be a rough week for everyone in my family, since we are all getting together next Saturday for my cousin's Jenny's wedding. Just hearing what she did to her body to get this way is very sad. I never thought she was a very big person to begin with and then she had the surgery. She was dropping the weight like crazy and then developed all these health problems and was going to different doctors getting medicine. I think it was a combination of the medicines and too low of a body weight that forced her to go to the hospital last weekend. The doctor's told my cousin that she was in critical condition but she was doing fine. Then she died last night sometime. It is a very scary thing. I have know a few other people who have had that surgery and have died from it. But then I also know a few people who have also had it done and lived to be success stories. I know one thing, I will lose my weight the good old fashion way through willpower.
Ginny glad to hear that you got your WW tape in this morning. I find that when I am alone doing my WATP's tapes, I will really get into it and give it my all. But if I am doing it with my sdd or my dh is around I don't go all out. Glad to hear that your dd's team won. I bet she was happy. Sorry to hear that your dh and ds moods were still a little crabby when they got home. I understand what you mean about your dh. Mine is like that too at times.
How are you other ladies? I hope you are enjoying your weekend.
Well I am going to go and get me some sleep. I am just a little tired this evening. Sitting out in the sun for 5 hours can really do a person in.
Have a great Sunday!
Take care,
Kerry
Old 09-11-2004, 11:27 PM   #88  
Swimming Mouse

Hi, all.
Kerry: Sorry to hear about your cousin. One of my close friends also had the surgery and spends most of her time sick. She's ALWAYS sick. If she doesn't have a cold or something, she's got stomach problems. A lot of people have tried to push the surgery on me (not my friend, of course!), especially a lot of doctors and recently people at the gym. The last one that did it got the rough edge of my tongue, I'm afraid. Just before I was diagnosed, when we were still going off the idea that my weight gain was because I'd been very sedentary for nearly 2 years because of my ankle injury my orthopedist sent me to a surgeon that specialized in weight loss. He was insistant that gastic bypass was the only way I'd ever lose weight. He may be right, I certainly haven't lost any with all the exercising I do, and watching what I eat. But I'm not at all willing to have it done, because I already eat less than 2000 calories per day and exercise at least 5 days a week. Glad you enjoyed your concert and all, Kerry!
And yea... I almost always wind up on the list of teachers that is picked on by administration or by the brown-nosing teachers who don't teach. Drives me nuts, but what can I do? I'm there to do a job, and I'm going to do it the best I can. That means that I teach, not hand out worksheets. I use worksheets... I have a worksheet based independent living simulation. Its very similar to one I created on my own as part of a graduate project... But mine confused many of the students because there were a lot of directions they needed to follow and steps to access various Internet sites. I also don't have enough computers to do it this year.
Ginny: Tonight was the first night of swimming lessons. I enjoyed myself, but I was really nervous. First I assisted in the Peewee/Parent & Me lessons. I'm not very good with little children, which is strange because the cognitive level of many of the little ones is the same as the kids I teach! Anyway, I scared one of them really badly and she started to cry... She wouldn't get in the water with me. So I took another little girl, and she did great until it was time to go on her stomach and paddle... then she started crying. She even went on her back for me, which most of the kids hate. Then I got another little one, and she was handful... she kept wanting to get out of the pool. She, too, wouldn't paddle for me, but she'd done it for the lead teacher.
The second half ofthe lessons I was with the Level 1/2 group. One of the instructors didn't show up so we had to combine the two groups. 16 kids. We wound up splitting them when some of them were scared of the water. The little girl I had took lots of coaxing, but she did okay eventually... Still no paddling, but at the end she let me put her on her back. Many of the kids clung to me like I was an octopus. I'm going to have to wear a shirt next time! They all kept trying to pull down my bathing suit... I'd forgotten WHY we had to wear a shirt when we did swimming in Fairfax,but now I remember!
All in all it was fun... Coming home was another story, though: There was a bad accident on the Northbound side of the highway, so they were detouring traffic onto the southbound side and both sides were clogged. Took me longer to get home, and I worried the dispatcher covering for me. I'd forgotten my cell phone, so I couldn't call the answering service when I got out of the water like I'd planned. But he was okay covering the extra half-hour for me.
Does dragging kids aorund in the water and holding them in the water count as exercise?
Summer: Where are you? How is everything?
Robin: How are you feeling? Get plenty of sleep. If you like tea, I recommend Stash's Wintermint as a great non-medicine thing for lung sicknesses. Wintergreen has the same chemical compound as aspirin, but without the side effects... Also, the steam from the tea helps loosen things up.
Old 09-12-2004, 10:54 AM   #89  
Swimming Mouse

In reviewing this, I see I forgot some stuff...
There was nothing wrong with my car that the Saturn dealership could find, and she was just fine yesterday and on the drive back to Baltimore. Annoying, but I'm glad it was a cheap fee. They didn't charge me the whole diagnostic fee either, just half an hour... Another reason I like going to that Saturn group: they are always very fair. The theory is that with all the rain we've had I might have gotten some water in the gas line. There were no error codes in the transmission or the engine, just a stall code (which is what it did). I typically only put dry gas in my car during the winter, but I guess I should have been doing it this summer too because of the rain.
And my TA is so hard to read most of the time... I don't know if she's going to be witchy tomorrow because I was out Friday or not.
Next week will be interesting... Its a 4 days week, because we're closed on thursday for Rosh Hashana, but we're coming back on Friday. ACK! Actually, just 3.5 days.
I start grad school Monday night. I need to call Barnes and Noble because I ordered one of the textbooks over a week ago and its not here yet!
And I'm dispatching this weekend, so I can't go anywhere today. So, no gym.
And no gym tomorrow either because of classes...

Old 09-12-2004, 12:16 PM   #90  
burned out bus driver

Just a short hello (my shorties seem to be long.........., I know)
Kerry- I am so glad that your day ended up well. I think you were really, really due for a "Kerry" day, if you know what I mean!!! Good for you, hope today is as good. (ya gotta stock up on good memories like this for the not so good days, right??) I did pray for you and your cousin this am in church (I pray at home too, just had a good reminder to do so there!). thanks for their names, it makes it more personal to me. And I will keep praying for them and you too! Good luck looking for a van. Got any model/manufacturer in mind?? And a big thanks for understanding about my Dh....from other posts is has sounded as though portions of our Dh's personalities are similar. Mine has some wonderful qualities, and I do know that he loves me and must remind myself of the stress that he faces at work. Plus he is dedicated to our children. But there are those days........ BTW, back to an earlier post: My library of Leslie tapes includes her Weight loss walk (4 miles total in 3 segments so you can do 1 mile, or 2, 11/2 mile walks separately or together),WATP 3 miles (this one uses 2# weights if you have them) and my latest addition, WATP express, walk strong (I have to pick up the stretchie for this one). I also had an old 1 mile tape that I loaned to someone.....have not seen it in 2 years. I really like the 3 miler with the weights the best. That might change when I invest in a stretchie!

Mouse- I would absolutely count getting little ones in and out of the pool as an activity!!! Ok, not the true cardio workout that I am sure that you give yourself, but your normal swim sounds as though it is 4 Activity Points in WW land, and what you did with these kids about 1 AP. Hey, there are days I settle for a short walk, or 1 AP, as that is all I can get in. Sorry that you will not be able to get your gym time in for a short while. It will feel all that much better when you can!!!! Good that your car had nothing major wrong with it. Sounds as though the dealership treated you well. As far as your little ones goes, I am sure that they will improve as the lessons go on.
It takes time for everyone to get to know each other and trust each other- especially critical in the water! You are going to do fine! And I can see why a T shirt is an essential!!!!!

Obviously we got to church this am. This afternoon, it is off to a double header for Ds's bball team. (yawn.....) He will not be playing every inning ~ so please do not accuse me of being a horrible mother! (hehehehe). 6 hours of baseball is just a bit much for me. Fortunately, there is a Walmart and HomeDepot within 10 minutes of the park (and they are 30 minutes from our house) so I will take advantage of their proximity and get some quick errands done.
Guess I'd better end this "short"post, eh?
Robyn and Summer.......how you doing!? Prayed for both of you too.
Take care.
Ginny