Old 08-20-2004, 10:16 PM   #16  

Height: 5'1"

Hello everyone...

I don't have much time for individuals at this time....my computer has been freezing up for some reason so James and I haven't been able to get on it long enough. I had a post early.....and what do you know?......FROZE on me!!

(How dare the computer treat me that way )

Wanted to come in and check in real quick to say hi and when the computer is back to normal and I can post longer I will. I have some news about a new car James and I plan on buying!! I'm so excited!

Talk to you all later
Marti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2004, 10:46 PM   #17  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Smile

Good evening ladies~

Elle~don't worry about it. I didn't want anyone to think I was bashing anyone, maybe I worded my post a little wrong, I don't know but no one hates you. I would never hate someone for voicing their opinion because we are all different, and everyone is entitled to their opinion. I too am passionate about some things and gays are one of them because I too don't think it's right the way they are treated sometimes, and because I have some friends that are gay.

Susan~salmon sounds so very good! I had a hamburger patty and a few fries. I know, not the best meal but didn't feel like fixing two different things tonight.

Mindee~hope everything gets straightened out Monday at DH job.

Marti~a new car.....I have been wanting one and V and I were supposed to go look a couple of weeks ago, when I was sick and didn't feel up to it. I think we are going to though in a week or so. But it's not actually a car I am looking for but a small SUV, truck or another mini-van-just not sure. Let us know the details when you get yours!

Jana~I like your new quilt, your room looks nice. I know what you mean about changing the bedroom...I used to change every few months and now I have had this quilt for a little more than 5 years-bought it when we got married and moved into our first house together. Needless to say I am ready for a change-different quilt but with almost the same colors! LOL Is that really a change! Hospital food has come a long way.

Julie~those are great photo's! At least your stomach doesn't stick out like mine! It is gross!!! That is where most of my weight is though, around my middle. Anyway, thanks for sharing with us. Now we have a face to the name, which is always nice.

That's about all I have ladies, just wanted to check in and say Hi. Hope everyone had a wonderful day. See ya
FrouFrou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2004, 12:32 AM   #18  
self portrait

Default just a quicky

Elle: I would just like to say that I do not hate gay people or hold anything against them. I have quite a few gay friends as well as straight friends. I just don't think it is appropriate to walk around naked when you have company, nor should someone other than your partner or roommate have to hear you brutalize your partner while engaging in sexual activity. That goes fro gays or heterosexual people. There is such a thing a modesty and thinking better of yourself to not be too loving and sexual in public. Some things are just private. I don't want to see more than kisses, hugs , slow dancing or holding hands in public by any sexuality. I guess some people think it is ok to walk around naked when they have company and get intimate. I just have not grown up that way, nor do I want to be around it. So, I just wanted to set the record straight that I am not prejudice, I treat everyone equally, like it should be in this world. People just need to consider the environment they are in and the mixed company before doing their personal things. Ok, Ok, off my soap box now, I just get excited when i think people think I am racist. So record has been straightened and we are moving on.
Well, that took me forever on my piece of poo computer. Love that fast work computer, too bad the work has to go with it. hee hee
So, hi to all my gals here at the best support group in the world. Hope the rest of your weekend goes good. I have a migraine ( again) and need to ly down and cry.
P.S. Elle, just wanted to make sure you knew I wasn't upset with you, just wanted to let you know what i was thinking and saying. Don't feel bad hon, it is easy to misunderstand what people are saying in the posts or their tone. That is why we talk and straighten things out.

Last edited by SqueakMouse; 08-21-2004 at 12:39 AM.
SqueakMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2004, 02:18 AM   #19  

Hello ladies--

Got some things straightened with the computer...did my virus updates and all that jazz and now there is no freeze ups! Nothing like getting on and then getting kicked off!

Busy group today! Let's see if I can do individuals w/o forgetting someone!

Angie--What does your husband think of your cases? Does he worry about you constantly? Has he gone with you to any of your stakeouts? The things you see are just bizarre. I think you should write your own book (as someone suggested..was it Cristi) about your PI work. I'd buy the book!

Cristi--James and I went to the Crysler dealership here in town and did a test drive in a car that had a hemi, just to feel what one felt like. They didn't have the car we want in stock...a Crystler 300. So we built one up on the computer and had one ordered....be here in 3months. James gets a percent dicount below factory invoice so that was pretty nice. Still not sure if we'll buy it yet or not...but they ordered one anyway.

Elle--There is nothing wrong with voicing an opinion. And I don't think that anyone took it the wrong way. How have you been feeling? Hope that things are going better for you. Just know that ANYTIME you feel you need to talk...we're here for ya.

Jana--Really liked the photos of your BR....come over and help me fix up my house a little. It needs more character!! I told James that I want to buy a book shelf...get my books a proper place to live rather than a box! Plus I think bookshelves in a home make the place look nice. What do you think?

Mindee--Keeping my fingers crossed that things get straightened out with your husbands work. First cereal!! How fun is that! I remember Jhanai being that little....(I mentioned that before right? ) But let me tell you...every age there is something to look forward too! Jhanai is my special little one!!!

Susan--Do you WI everyday? You really should WI only once a week if you can stand to do that. But I'm proud that you are 143!! Wish I was there! I don't think I'm going to make the 140 by Labor day.....but I can try!

Julie--Looked at your before and afters....you're looking good, you can see a difference!! Keep up the good work! I don't think I could ever post a photo of me in a bathing suit! I give you credit for doing that. You're going to reach goal in no time!

Shanna--You ought to have your name in your siggy so there is no confusion who you are! Hope you have a fun time at your familys reunion/gathering/polish dinner feast tomorrow. We'll have to check out Pier1 sometime after Jana mentioned that in Chat yesterday. Oh...if you still have that "PS I love you" book...I would love to borrow it and check it out.

Sue--Sure hope you're feeling better. Let us know when they find out what's making you feeling so bad.

Hello to anyone I may have missed!!

Well I got that all typed and the computer is still going!! Hurray!!!

Ok...I'm off to watch a movie...you all take care!
Old 08-21-2004, 02:19 AM   #20  
starting over again......

S/C/G: 261.4/261.4/200

Height: 5'4"

Susan~ He is a machine technician. He basically lifts steel all day and makes axles and what not for Ford, Chrysler, Jeep, and all the rest of them.

Cristi~ Thanks for keeping your fingers crossed. Also, thanks for the birthday card. For some reason, we got our mail three times on Friday and your card was in the first batch of mail. I think the mail person missed that LAST Friday was Friday the 13th, NOT yesterday! I tell you….it was one of those days! We got the mail three times, the dog pooped on the carpet in the morning, which she NEVER does, and then my hubby got suspended from work. (oh yeah…..and I could be pregnant again too)

I will let you all know what the happenings are….cause I am sure that I will be back up within a couple hours anyways. I will have to have Tommy push my big butt out of bed to feed Brandon at 5am (and here it is almost 20 after 2 and I am typing this).
tommysgirl18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2004, 02:21 AM   #21  
starting over again......

S/C/G: 261.4/261.4/200

Height: 5'4"

Marti~ we were posting at the same time. He loves the cereal. He still isn't that used to it yet, because he tries to fight the first bite, but then when he realizes what it is, he chows it down.
tommysgirl18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2004, 06:56 AM   #22  
GmaTo8

Smile

Happy Saturday morning, Ladies,

Mindee - wow, hope Tommy gets things straightened out at work. That has to be nerve-wracking! Wouldn't it be funny if he made some of the parts that's going on Marti's car? What I like about a baby eating cereal is that little toothless cereal-filled grin they give you... so precious!

Susan - aha! You're helping at the school just to get the bagels, right? It was nice of the man to give you the salmon. Plus, you've made a new friend! Glad you are over PMS. YAY for the weigh in!!!!

Cristi - it just makes a person feel better to change things once in awhile, doesn't it? I always box up my old stuff and label it for others to use, or to use later myself. Mary and Dale also have a king-sized bed, so she and I have swapped comfortors and window treatments, lol. My next project is going to be the kitchen. I hate my window treatments in there and can't think why I ever bought them! Btw, if you are looking for another book to read, check out So Many Partings by Cathy Cash Spellman. It is a big fat novel that I think you would really enjoy. Hope your library has it.

Jewel - awesome pictures! You are a pretty girl and have done a great job! Thanks for sharing. Like Cristi said, it's nice to put a face with a name.

Elle - nobody hates you, lol.

Marti - sorry about your computer! I wondered where you were. I don't know cars, but I'm sure the Chrysler will be too cool. Did you say what color? Anyway, it sounds very nice, and I hope you and James like it when it is delivered. We have two bookcases. A huge one and then a smaller one that also holds knick-knacks. Plus Katie has her own, of course. About every two years, I go through my books and get rid of a bunch because they won't fit on the shelves anymore. Isn't your grandpa making you one? Where did I get that idea? Have a good weekend with James!

Shanna - well said! What are your weekend plans?

RosieKate - hope you'll be home soon!

Hi to the others.

Well, girls, I'm down 1 3/4 more pounds. I love WW!!!! No special plans this weekend. I've got a pot of chili on, made the way I like it - with hunks of fresh tomato and with the beans chopped up. Mmmm! I'm going to freeze it in individual portions. Angie - you got me thinking about it when you made chili the other day!

Hope all the JLs are having a great weekend!
Jane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2004, 11:56 AM   #23  
One day at a time

Smile

Good Morning Ladies~

Marti~I just saw one of those cars yesterday and they look like they go really fast! Fancy too! Hope you guys get it and like it. What color did you guys order? This one was a silver one, my favorite color for a car now. Have you see the ones that look like a station wagon, not the PT Cruiser but the new ones, can't remember what they are called. They just look really fast! Hope your computer is better.

Jana~I think I will see if I can find that book. Oh speaking of book shelves...ummm, we have 6! Actually 7 if you count the one the stereo is on. Of course most of them are in the office with videos, CD's and educational books, encyclopedias, great books, stuff like that, and photo albums. I only have two small ones with my books on them. They are definitely good to have though. Never ever thought to share my comforters and such with anyone, what a great idea Jana! Of course I think we are the only ones with a king size. I usually sold mine at a yard sale or gave to the good will. You know I normally don't cook soup in the summer time but for some reason I had chili on the brain yesterday. And now you mention it. I too like it with tomatoes in it, stewed tomatoes but no one else does so once in a while I cook it the way I want to. Tell them they will jus thave to pick them out! Oh, almost forgot-WTG on yet another loss!

Mindee~I remember the kids when we first tried the cereal-they hated it! I kept trying to give it to them but they refused to eat it. I miss them being that age-so cute. Not that they still aren't cute, just so grown up. And you are welcome for the card. I know I sent it a little late for it to get there on time (last Sat.) but man it took a while to get there didn't it?

Hi Shanna, Julie, Sue, Angie, Susan, Elle, RosieKate, Katie, Heather, Jen and anyone I may have missed. This group has grown so much I can't keep up with everyone!

Nothing really planned today. Going to do a little straightening of the house then go out and do a little yard work if it is dried up. It was still wet yesterday from the rain the day before. Not sure what I will do after that, possibly some scrapbooking. Not in a big hurry to get this one done because I want it to look decent.

Hope everyone has a GREAT day/weekend!
Old 08-21-2004, 12:00 PM   #24  
kitty Momo

Chili Sounds so good.

YAY for your weigh in Jana!!!

I am going to go get me some coffee. Rachel got hurt last night at a church activity.............came in contact with a go cart. Long story.........took her to the emergency and it is just a brusied leg muscle.We were there until 4:30 in the morning.

I am really not going to make the community action day thing now........waaaaa, really wanted to do that.

Hope you all have a good weekend! Salmon is good isn't it Cristi??? I have nice residents where I work. I love halibut, maybe I should tell him that??? lol

Best of luck on your husbands job Mindee!!!!

Hope you are having a good day Elle

ttfn
Mom2Gaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2004, 12:19 PM   #25  
One day at a time

Hi Susan~

Was just getting ready to log off and saw you had posted. So sorry to hear about Rachel, poor baby. Give her big hugs from me. Glad it wasn't anything too bad, not that a brusied muscle isn't bad because I know she will be hurting for a while, but it could have been worse-just thank God it wasn't. Sorry you can't make the community day thing after all. I know you were looking forward to it. There's always next time though. Yes, salmon is good, as is halibut. I think my favorite is walleye ever since V made dinner for me when we were dating he made some and man that was so stinking good. And he even caught it hisself! Of course he hasn't cooked much since then! Anyway, try to have a good day girly!
Old 08-21-2004, 01:21 PM   #26  

Good morning ladies--

Mindee--I thought it must have been awfully late you being up and posting after I did! It was close to 11:30 when I was on the computer last night. Hope you get some good news for your hubby next week!!

Jana--Hurray on the pounds lost!! That's wonderful!! Please sign up for the WW magazine before and after when you reach goal! You are truly one of their success stories!! I would love to have the magazine and show it off to my friends here and say "I know this woman!! She has done so well with WW!! Look at her now!"

Cristi--I can't remember what the name of the car is that you're talking about,(I think it was called a Magnum--oh I can't remember?) but that is what we test drove yesterday. Very nice. And it gets up and goes. In fact...I was hanging onto the door when James drove and he just looked at me and said...I'm only going 50! (we were on the freeway)

Susan--I absolutely LOVE smoked salmon!! Always a treat. I also love smoked tuna. Ever try that? Not to bad. I like fish...halibut being one of my favorite and the tuna steaks..I think they call it Ahi Ahi....or something like that..(I could be way off!)

Morning to the rest of you girls!

The car that James & I want is at this site: http://www.chrysler.com/300/features...dex&type=left# if you click on the "show bigger picture" it should give you a better view of it.
We ordered one that is a dark blue, dark charcoal interior, and has all the little gadgets a girl could ask for! (ok...James was more of the one adding the gadgets but I didn't protest.) The one feature I really liked was the phone option thing...if you have bluetooth phone (have no idea what that is but James does) you can talk to someone with out being attached to the phone itself. It connects to the car and you just talk like they're in the car with you. It's voice activated and hands free! Sounded good. Although I don't have that type of phone...James informed me that I will have one in the next year. Hmmmm.....who knew I would get a new phone out of this? Anyway..nothing like a feature to make me look like a crazy woman talking to herself in her car!!

Not sure what is on my agenda for the day...but for now, I'm going to visit the other threads and post since I have a computer that is working!

Talk with you later
Old 08-21-2004, 02:18 PM   #27  

Forgot....

I did my WI today and I'm down 1#!!!!!
Old 08-21-2004, 03:31 PM   #28  

Default Good Afternoon All

Well thank you all for the postive feedback on my before and after pictures!!
It was very hard for me to post those, cause Im still a bit embarassed, guess I should say that I have a long way to go before I will see a pic of myself and be happy with it!!! But I know it wont happen overnight!!

Marti & Jana Congratulations on the weight loss!!! Good Going Girls!!
My weigh in is tomorrow morning, so we'll see if all
this jogging and WW soup eating I;ve been doing helped
or not....

Susan Glad to hear that Rachel is alright, it does stink
spending the night in the emergency room!!! My
boy friend is accident prone and we've spent long
evenings there!!!

JANA if you have that chili recipe with the cal/fat info on it, I'd love to try it out!!!!!

Well to all the other Jaded Ladies, hope everyone is having a nice weekend and making healthy choices.... I will check back in later
Julie
jewels2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2004, 08:40 PM   #29  
GmaTo8

Talking

Hiya ladies,

Cristi - the quilt I just bagged up was white background & with blue, yellow and light green, in a wedding ring pattern. It came from Kmart - maybe you saw it? I'm sure I'll pull it out again one of these days, lol. I hope you do try the book I mentioned.... I got mine at a library book sale, and have refused to part with it over the years. I just love it when a book I am enjoying so much is so thick!

Susan - awww, hope Rachel is feeling better! Poor kid! I love salmon, too, and just started fixing the salmon steaks since I've been on WW this time. We like it with homemade chunky applesauce, wild rice and peas. Mmmmm... going to have to get that on the menu again soon.

Marti - YAY for the 1# down!!! I'll check out the car site after while... I have a hands-free attachment for my phone, too, but since I sing in the car, I also look looney whether I'm on the phone or not, lol. Wonder if WW would accept my story since I'm not a paying member? I've got my food record for every day since 1/24/04! I really think I'm going to make it this time! Of course, my goal is higher than a person who is younger. Not sure where I will stop.

Julie - the chili I make isn't a "diet" recipe.... do you still want it? I always use 92% lean ground beef, though. But basically, I fix the same foods that I always ate before, and do points on them. Well, I have a few lite recipes, but mostly cook the same. I gave up fatty, fried and calorie-laden foods years ago for the whole family, but there still are some that we have occasionally, like homemade mac and cheese, mozzarella meat pie, certain desserts. Stuff like that.

I got a lot done around the house today, but have more to do. Did I mention my friend is coming in from Jacksonville, FL? She'll be here quite awhile Monday thoughout dinner. We've been friends since 1968 - before some of you were even born! She's Katie's Godmother. Anyway, I want the house clean for that. She doesn't care what it looks like, but I do.

See you tomorrow sometime!
Jane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2004, 09:58 PM   #30  
One day at a time

Hi Ladies~

That is one cool car Marti-so very pretty! And yes that is the car a saw yesterday, a silver one. I saw one of the Magnum ones also at the Post Office and while they are cool looking I have never been a fan of a station wagon. It seems odd that they would make one that goes fast and is sporty. Anyway, hope you guys get it and enjoy it! Oh, on your loss!

Jana~my quilt is a wedding ring pattern and I love it-maybe the reason I can't find another that I like! Well, that and I am looking for one with the same colors in it, burgundy, green & navy. It has more colors but those are the main ones on a cream colored background. Anyway, one day I will find one. I don't remember seeing your other one. Hope you enjoy your visit with your friend Monday, sound like fun.

Julie~you should be proud of your pictures because you have come a long way. And you are very brave as I wouldn't ever show pictures like that of myself-it would definitely gross you ladies out! It grossed me out! And you can definitely tell the difference, so kudos to you girly!

Well, ladies need to cut this short. Got on the computer to order some new checks, almost out and we can't let that happen! Have a good evening all.