3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Support Groups

ISO support to lose 50lbs...any takers?

Old 09-12-2004, 12:24 PM   #91
Working on a better ME

Hi there Reds - you're right, you need to take a day off, a few light beers won't hurt anyone. It's great to hear your date went well, keep us updated. I'm feeling pretty good today, maybe I can get in a longer walk or more exercise.

What's everyone doing for dinner today? I'm going to be grilling some chicken, veggies and making "mashed califlower" instead of potatoes.

Well I'm outta here - off to the grocery store - hope everyone is having a great day!

Penny
chubbylady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2004, 04:51 PM   #92

Hi - good day! Glad the date went well Reds. I'm making a seafood stew for dinner - the ingredients are healthy and I think it will be tasty - we'll see. Take care.
tiredoffat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2004, 09:05 AM   #93

Default Good morning, everyone

Just wanted to take a few minutes before starting my work week to wish everyone a great health day! Things here are good. I did well w/eating this weekend but did allow myself some candy corn (my favorite candy inthe world) yesterday w/o blowing it. One serving-that was it. Yum! I took the day off from exercise yesterday but hit it bright and early this morning to blast off w/richard simmons!

Red-glad you're date went well. I have a friend who met her hubby on the internet. They've been married about 4 years and have three kids (one set of twin girls and another girl). So, who knows? Your story was cool. Enjoy yourself! I met my DH when we worked the same night at a local youth center in our community. I went home that night, called my big sis and told her I'd met my future hubby. (nearly gave her a heart-attack as I'd been single for 8 years!) It wasn't until 4 months later that we finally went out but he was worth the wait! Anyway, have fun. Also, congrats on your healthy snack choices during your movie. Way to go!

chubbylady-I'll be thinking of you as you adjust to these migraine meds. My DH deals w/migraines sometimes and I know they are painful. Hope the meds help! Congrats on keeping your focus during your difficult times. That's progress!

Tiredoffat-YOU GO, GIRL! What an inspiration you are. Congrats on your swimming success!!! Keep up the good work!

Well, must sign off for now. Have a great day, everyone. Stay strong!

skinny_butt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2004, 07:10 PM   #94
I'm working on it

Hello ladies! Is everyone ready to weigh in on Wednesday? I am looking forward to it. My clothes feel loose so, hopefully, I lost a couple pounds. I skipped the WJR today, and the gym. I was so tired, I didn't have the energy . I had "ex" drama last night, my boys didn't get to bed until almost 10pm...on a school night! I could've strangled that man. Then I couldn't sleep so I was up half the night (but no late night snacks!). Anyway, I'll be on the eliptical in the AM since the park will be closed.

I'm so glad that everyone is checking in and showing so much enthusiasm while working towards the goal! I am just so proud of everyone, I just had to tell ya.

Skinny...Way to resist the candy corn temptation! Those things are addictive!

Tiredoffat...how did you seafood stew turn out?

I'm so tired right now, I'm gonna have to stop typing. I'll check in again tomorrow, or maybe later tonight if I get an energy burst (don't count on that happening!). Goodnight ladies!
Reds2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2004, 10:24 PM   #95

Smile Hi to Reds2004 and all otherh 3FC's

I'm a 27-year old woman trying to get down from 195 to 145. It's been hard so far! I have been overweight for 5 or 6 years and especially heavy the last 4 years. As a 12-year old, I was anorexic and to help me gain weight, my parents bought me all my favorite high cal, high fat foods. It was great! but I soon developed a taste for fatty, high sugar foods. That's why I call myself sweetie1 as my favorite treats are sweets! (especially mini Reese's peanut butter cups and Dreyer's mint chocolate chip ice cream)!

I just returned home from living in France for 4 years, and in March of this year, I consulted with a nutritionist doctor who put me on a diet that was pretty easy to follow; in fact, I lost 20 lbs! But, I've put it back on since and have just started to get back on track (Wednesday, 9/8, to be exact). So far, it has not been easy and I think about food way more than I wish I did. Have joined a gym and hope this will help, but losing all this weight is still a daunting task. I would love to be slim and healthy; I know my weight affects a lot of aspects in my life; I've been single forever and there's so many times that I'll see a gorgeous guy and think IF ONLY I weighed 50 lbs less; I'd go talk to him in a heartbeat!

I'm hoping to find people with similar goals to share progress, tips and experiences with. Reds2004, your story touched me a lot as I know how hard it is to take that first step, how lonely one can feel, and how Friday nights are often filled with food and not anything else. Hope that all of you will keep up your hard work and feel free to contact me anytime you need a boost! Hope you'll be able to give me one from time to time, too!
sweetie1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2004, 10:57 PM   #96

Hi all, welcome Sweetie. I hope this site is helpful to you. I can identify with you as I felt similar in my twenties. I felt like no one could love an overweight woman. I did meet a great guy who loved me (and still does) for me despite my weight. In the past year prior to joining this site and starting my diet I did a lot of reading and thinking about the underlying reasons for my weight - I read some Dr. Phil, Buddhist readings and The Joy of Burnout - a great book about making change in your life. I also went to a great counselor about a work issue which was actually tied to similar issues related to my weight. Those books helped me to understand my weight which is complex and tied to so many life events/connections. I don't know if you've ever done that kind of thinking, but it really helped free me from many of the attitudes I have associated with my weight. Good luck and stay connected.

I had a good day thanks to everyone's positive energy - I finally started my w/j/r at the gym. I used the eliptical and then the treadmill. I had to go at 9pm because of my hectic schedule but I found that time worked well for everyone so hopefully I'll make it again soon. Looking forward to Wed., like you Reds my pants are looser so I'm hoping for a loss too. Take care.

p.s. Skinny thanks for all the good words!!!!!
Old 09-14-2004, 09:36 AM   #97

Default Good morning, everyone!

Hope everyone is having a good health day! Make positive decisions. I really wanted to stay in bed and skip my pilates this morning but I knew I would regret skipping. So, I dragged my butt out of bed and did it. When does everyone else exercise? Morning, evening, whenever you can squeeze it in?

I'm sitting here drinking my cappucino (my 3 WWpoint indulgence-yum-)getting ready for my day, which is a very busy one. We have an open house at the jr. high and the high school this evening, dinner to fix and an appt. at the Y. A woman's work is truly never done, is it ladies? I'm just thankful that I have so much more energy now. I look back at how unhealthy I was eating and I sometimes wonder how in the heck I got everything done! Whew!

Sweetie, welcome to the board. I understand what you mean about men finding overweight women attractive. W/my first husband, he met me at my slimmest (waaay too slim for my framed-looked really bad) and I knew that how he loved me depended on how I looked. I will say, however, that my second (and last) DH met and fell head over heels in love w/me while I was at my heaviest (gotta love that man of mine ) So, it is possible. Don't give up. But while you're waiting, you're doing a good thing. It's important to take care of yourself and for you to like yourself. That's what most men find very attractive-a woman of self confidence. So, keep taking those steps towards taking care of you. Be sure to let us know how we can encourage and help you. I agree w/tiredoffat, it is very important to figure out why you overeat. I worked through a book called-Loving your body; embracing your true beauty in Christ and I went to counseling. If you decide to do this, however you decide to do it, you will be shocked and amazed at how many issues are touched by being overweight. I would encourage you to find the cause and not just treat the symptoms. This will help you attain and maintain life-long weight loss. You'll still have rough days, believe me, but you'll have better coping mechanisms. good luck. Keep us updated. You're in my thoughts.

REDS-congrats on not turning to food after dealing w/the "ex". Believe me, if anything could drive me to chuck the healthy food choices it would be my "ex". So, you did marvelous. Way to go! Keep up the good work!

Well, that's all for now. Everyone hang in there! WI tomorrow. I have a good feeling about it for all of us!

Old 09-14-2004, 09:36 PM   #98

HI everyone! Thanks so much for being here on the web site. I can't tell you how many times I've wanted to reach for food when I've met with disappointment but I've thought of all your positive energy and resisted. For example tonight, I used the word "kids" in my grad. course instead of "children or students" and my professor chastised me in front of the whole class. I was so embarassed and felt so dumb. I tried to find the meaning in it and wondered if I had been too much of a "know it all" and this was her way of getting to me. It was a humbling experience and what I took from it was that I just hope I don't embarrass my students that way. Anyways, in the "old days - two months ago" I would have comforted my bad feelings with a chocolate bar or better yet, ice cream. Instead I'm writing here and sharing my thoughts - so thanks all for listening.

On a lighter, better note - tomorrow is the weigh-in. It will be exciting to see everyone's losses! Take care. last weigh in 202 what will it be next? sw210.
Old 09-15-2004, 06:24 AM   #99

Good Morning! The weigh in helped me to pop out of bed at 5:30 to go to the gym. I'm down to 193! It's unbelievable! Thanks for supporting me everyone! I hope I can be there for you. I managed to fit in a 30 minute swim too. Good luck today! When is our next weigh in - it's exciting to have a date to look forward to.

sw210
cw193
gw150
Old 09-15-2004, 09:07 AM   #100

Default Good morning, everyone

WAY TO GO, TIREDOFFAT!! Congrats on your weight loss and on not turning to food when you were upset! You're doing well. As for your prof-don't let the turkeys get you down! Just keep doing your best and you will succeed! I take it you're going to college to become a teacher?

I hopped out of bed to exercise this morning but weigh in will be this evening with my local support group. I'll post the results.

Have a good health day!

Old 09-15-2004, 11:45 AM   #101
I'm working on it

Default Weigh In Day!

Goodmorning/afternoon ladies! Okay, enough small talk, I can't wait another second to say...CONGRATULATIONS TOF! WAY TO GO! You lost 17 lbs! That's so tremendously super, words can't even express how happy I am for you! GOOD JOB! And don't let that prof get to you. I'm sure she noticed you weight loss, got jealous and made a pathetic attempt to knock you off track (even if that's not the real reason, we can think it is! ).

As for me, I got on my scale bright and early and it read 184! I went to the gym to verify on their digital scale (and to work out of course! ) and it was correct! So I've lost a total of 11 lbs! WOOOO HOOOO! I was so happy I did an hour on the eliptical and 1/2 hour of circuit!

I can't wait to hear everyone else's results! I'm sure we're all going to reach our goals! Speaking of which, I changed mine to 170's by 12/31 since I already hit the 180's. I'm thinking that maybe we should keep it simple and do WI's on the 15th and on the last day of each month. Let me know what you think! Keep it up gals! We're doing great!

Old 09-15-2004, 11:54 AM   #102

Default Way To Go, Reds

CONGRATS ON YOUR WEIGHT LOSS! WOO-HOO!
It's a good feeling to have to set a new goal b/c you've acheived so much already! Keep up the good work!

You guys have me all excited about WI. I think I'll go do that on lunch break. Don't think I can wait until later this evening!

Old 09-15-2004, 07:33 PM   #103
Working on a better ME

Default Congrats Ladies!!!!

I'm so happy for you ladies - 17 lbs - 11 lbs - that is so great!! WOO HOO!!

Wish I were so lucky - I did get on the scale today - I only lost 2 lbs - I'm at 170 today, my SW was 185 in April 04. I am still working on losing it, it's just tough for me. I work my butt off! grrr

It's terrific to see things are working for you ladies! Keep up the great work, you inspire me to do better!

Have a terrific evening!
chubbylady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2004, 08:11 PM   #104

GREAT NEWS RED, SKINNY AND CLADY!!!! WE'RE COOKING AND WILL DEFINATELY MAKE OUR GOALS BY 12/31!

I definately agree with the wi on the 15th and end of month. Something to shoot for and look forward to. Clady - I think taking off those pounds gets harder as you get closer to your goal weight, that's probably why things are going slowly. I've read other sites and that seems to be the general opinion!

Thanks everyone for the support with the prof - Reds, I laughed out loud when I read your remark. Skinny, I've actually been teaching for 19 years - yes, I'm that old, but I take courses to keep up with curriculum and earn a pay raise. We get a raise for 30 credits beyond masters and 60 credits beyond masters degree. I'm working on the 60.

OK - I'm ready to psych myself out for Oct. 15th weigh in. WE CAN DO IT!!!!
Old 09-16-2004, 09:08 AM   #105
I'm working on it

Penny, I agree with TOF. It definatly gets harder as you get closer to your goal weight. I expect to plateau soon myself. I'm dreading it, but I know it's going to happen. With that said...CONGRATULATIONS on your weight loss Penny! I know you worked super hard for those 2 lbs and I'm happy for you! WAY TO GO!

My boys are out of school today for Rosh Hashanah so I'm taking them both with me to exercise. I'm not sure if I want to go to the park or the gym. I guess I'll let them decide (even though I'm sure they'll pick the gym considering they have video games ).

Have a super day ladies! Stay focused! We can do it!
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.