Old 05-09-2005, 12:57 PM   #616  
Lifelong Journey Member

Height: 5' 6"

Hi ToF, I may be doing well on the eating and exercising, but the scale will not budge. It's very frustrating. I'm trying not to let it get me down, but sometimes I'd like to say screw it and just eat to my heart's content. But then I hate that bloated feeling and I do like when the scale finally gives in and moves a notch. Have you noticed that it goes up way too easy and down is a struggle for every pound? I think that if you can gain weight without really overeating, you should be able to lose the weight just as easily. That seems fair to me. Too bad I'm not in charge of that...

I'm really sorry about falling off again. Just keep getting back up. I agree with you on the exercise. You're awfully busy with young kids and being a teacher - and from experience, concentrating on exercising without counting calories has never worked for me. I gain weight if I don't pay attention to the calories. So stick with one area and this summer look to put a small amount of exercise back into your plan. I think it's a good idea. Get rid of the wine and sugar - empty calories that just tend to make me feel bloated. Really, I think you're on the right track, you just haven't hit the day that it'll push you to stay on track. I know that when I struggled, I didn't post. It made it so much easier to hide in my spiral. You are doing way better. You'll get there.
Marie
Marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2005, 05:33 PM   #617  

Hi Marie, Thanks. Pretty good day. I'm done eating for the day now. Had a bit of the left over mother's day desserts - but all else was healthy.

I do feel so so good when I eat well and I love feeling good. It's been so cold around here lately - rainy and cold. I'm looking forward to some warmth - that always helps too. Take care Marie and thanks for sticking to this healthy journey with me. I know our scales will budge soon - in the downward direction.
tiredoffat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2005, 10:11 PM   #618  
Lifelong Journey Member

Hi ToF, I hope today went good like yesterday. I thought of you a lot today since I was wanting to eat and things that I ate weren't satisfying me. I sort of wondered if that was where you were having difficulties. Searching for that perfect food to satisfy whatever isn't right. That was me a lot in the past and today. Though today I didn't eat anything beyond my plan. I think maybe I finally learned that feeling of satisfied wasn't going to happen with food. Anyway, I just wondered if you've been in that boat.

It's been cold and rainy here for 6 weeks. We're supposed to have 4 whole days of sun but I won't hold my breath. I swear it's been depressing me. And I live in the da*n desert. Rain, rain, rain. The water tables are so high that it's starting to cause problems.

I gave DH my scale and told him I didn't want it back for a month. The plan is to see a good loss in a month. But, if I don't weigh everyday, will I play mind games like I'm not weighing for a couple weeks, I can eat it type of thing. So stay with me this month because I'm going to need your help to stay focused since I won't see results.

Talk to you tomorrow.
Marie
Old 05-11-2005, 01:38 PM   #619  

Yes, yes, yes!!!! Marie, a month sounds ideal for me. I figured out what was wrong - I was totally overwhelmed. I've had two days off and I feel like I can see again - finally!!!! I have to remember that exhaustion is a type of illness and when it strikes hard, one needs to find time to rest, take a break.

Today I went for a really healthy shop. I bought lots and lots of healthy food. My house is full of healthy choices. Step one for our get back on track month.

WE CAN DO IT!!!

sw 210
cw (we'll see in one month - June 11! - triathlon day) last check 180
gw 150
Old 05-11-2005, 10:09 PM   #620  
Lifelong Journey Member

Cool, you have a date that you'll remember. I never will. But I do like the idea of not weighing for a month. Even today I felt better just because there wasn't the yoyo of the scale. It was starting to get to me. So we have a date on June 11 to weigh in. We can do it.

Good for you on healthy shopping. I got so veges and fruits but also Oreos. I haven't had any of them or the package that's now gone. My DS's wanted them. I did have a tablespoon of choc. chips this morning to satisfy the chocolate cravings. It really does work. You get just enough to fill the mouth with the semi sweet flavor.

I exercised and stayed on plan today. I made sugar free banana bread and it is good. I had a piece for lunch. I figure it most be good for me since there are bananas in it.

I'll talk with you tomorrow.
Marie
Old 05-13-2005, 04:56 AM   #621  

Hi Marie, good to hear from you. Yes, it's the crazy last weeks of school. Lots and lots to do. Luckily we've had lots of sunshine. Some good and bad choices. I do very well all day. I still haven't conquered the evenings. Good to hear that you're making healthy choices. Take care.
Old 05-15-2005, 10:01 AM   #622  
Lifelong Journey Member

Hi ToF, you'll get there on the evenings. See if DH will help keep you from the kitchen. A long time ago I had joined the Weight Loss Clinic and they said that you had to tell yourself that the kitchen was closed after the meal. Every once in a while I still think of that and most of the time it works. I'll get to the kitchen, then turn around. You might want to try it. I envy you your sunshine, by the way. We're still the desert rain forest here. Rain, rain, rain.

DS is moving out today. Should be different but I'm looking forward to it. First thing to do with his room is putty all the holes in the walls. Than I'm going to paint it the light purple tha the rest of the house is. I'm thinking of maybe doing a light sage green instead. That way if he moves back in, it won't be purple. But he loves the MN Vikings and their colors are purple - so I think I will go with purple - that way I don't have to buy anything.

Talk to you later.
Marie
Old 05-18-2005, 09:25 PM   #623  

Hi all. It's been incredibly busy around here - the end of the school year rush. I've been doing everything but exercising - lots of school work, house cleaning and getting ready for our yard sale. I drinking water right now instead of wine - lots of healthy food today, but a bit too much. Really want to get back on track - still trying. Hope you're doing well Marie - I like the idea of the "closed kitchen." Take care.
Old 05-20-2005, 04:37 PM   #624  

Hi everyone! Marie, how are you doing? Skinny, what's happenin? Everyone must be as busy as I've been. Hoping you all return. I need you. Sorry I've been so off - I realize that life is just super busy - something to think about when life slows down this summer. Take care.
Old 05-21-2005, 01:14 PM   #625  
Lifelong Journey Member

Hi ToF, work was busy the last couple days. Since I'm trying to make up for all the time I'm taking off when I am at work, it tends to be a little crazy. Things are going good here. The craft room is coming together nicely. It's all painted and DH and I are putting the kitchen counter we replaced in the room so we have a big area to do crafts. Today I'm going to paint the legs for the counter and my sewming machine cabinet a light purple (but that is a little darker than the walls).

I bought lots of plants and need to do some gardening this weekend and I have to vacuum the house. Three dogs in the spring shed a lot.

I've been doing good food wise. I overeat earlier in the day then just don't eat later on. So it all balances out to doing pretty good. It's been weird not to weigh myself but I'm getting used to it. I was worried that I'd really fall off track, but that hasn't happened much. A little, probably. But I'm doing good. My asthma is bad with all the rain we've had. I don't do well with mold and humidity so exercise has been off. So sad, I think with a great big grin.

Hope you're doing all right.
TTYL.
Marie
Old 05-21-2005, 03:49 PM   #626  

Good to hear from you. I think it's great that you have such an interest in crafts and creating. It must be wonderful to have a whole room to devote to your passion.

I haven't been on track, but I have been making way for a new focus as I've caught up on life quite a bit in the past few days. Our yard sale was a success - we got rid of a lot of stuff and made a few (very few) dollars. It feels good to par down on all the objects in our house - more room for thought and peace.

Take care.
Old 05-21-2005, 06:14 PM   #627  
Lifelong Journey Member

Good for you to make more space for yourself. A little bit ago it sounded like your life was cluttered with madness. You will get back on track. Remember, it took me 2 months to get back on track. Keep at it and go shopping for new clothes. I bought the right size on stuff, but now they're getting loose. It was worth it to feel good for a couple months while I got my head together. Now I'll just restock with the same clothes in a smaller size. DH will love that idea...
Marie
Old 05-22-2005, 04:04 PM   #628  

Hi Marie, Good day today. Some sunshine. I took a bike ride. Thanks for the clothes advice. I think I can get back on track with the exercise this week and the next few. I bought my neighbor's racing bike which will help out with the triathlon - it rides very fast. A new toy! Definately motivating.

Thanks for all the encouragement. I'm glad that you're back on track and the clothes are getting loose. Take care.
Old 05-23-2005, 06:22 AM   #629  

Here's to a great healthy day for everyone. Skinny, where are you? Here's my motivation list. What's yours?
college reunion
beach
wearing stylish clothes
feeling good feeling good feeling good
longevity
health
energy
Old 05-24-2005, 11:13 PM   #630  
Lifelong Journey Member

Hi ToF, I'm glad that you had a good day. I've been a little slack since I gave DH the scale. I'm not obsessed with dieting which is good, but I'm not being as good as I should be. Not bad, but not great. So I have to keep working at it. It's frustrating that I have trouble dieting when I don't have the scale to dictate to me. I don't want to live obsessed with the scale. Do you know what I mean? Anyway, good for you and I'll chat with you tomorrow.
Marie