3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Support Groups

ISO support to lose 50lbs...any takers?

Old 09-01-2004, 07:33 PM   #46

Reds, I'll weigh in with you on the 15th. Something to strive for. Good idea clady wrapping your sandwich in lettuce - yummy and healthy! Hadn't thought about that. Yes, we can all do it - 180 by the new year. I'm finding that I'm less hungry and my portions are getting better. The exercise really makes a big difference - I can feel myself getting stronger. All your inspiration, stories, work outs and diets are really helping me - Thanks! Wow won't the holidays be fun at 180. I'll probably be able to ski better at that weight.

Keep it up - call it a night and indulge in something that makes you feel good that isn't food. . . a bath. . ."virtual vacationing on the web - choosing the next place". . .a good book. . .there's so much out there to enjoy that's not food!
tiredoffat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2004, 10:40 AM   #47
I'm working on it

I'm so glad you're starting to feel results from your workouts tiredoffat! It's so much easier to stay on track when you can actually feel your body starting to change. I just got back from my WJR (I'm just going to use the letters from now on, it takes too long to type walk/jog/run) and I feel wonderful. I'm pushing myself to jog or run more and more everyday. I still have to speed walk about half the distance, but I'm getting there. I'm sure by the end of the year, I'll be able to jog the whole way (when there's less weight on my knees!). I'm so excited that you're going to weigh in with me tiredoffat! 12 DAYS LEFT! We can do it. I was 190 on 8/31, so I think my goal is to be 188 or 189 by 9/15. That's reasonable and I'm not setting myself up for a huge dissapointment if it doesn't happen. We'll see how it goes. Have a great day ladies! Oh yeah, before I forget, I think I'll have a "bread replaced with lettuce" sandwich today. Thanks Penny!
Reds2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2004, 05:36 PM   #48

Looking forward to the 15th. I had a good day today. I think my goal for the 15th is to beat 200lbs. Currently I'm about 202. I'll take whatever I get. Your running is inspiring me. I know that it's the best way to lose weight - I may try it. Talk tomorrow. Take care and good luck. My eating is all done for the night!
Old 09-02-2004, 07:54 PM   #49
Working on a better ME

Good evening ladies! Hope all is well with everyone. Had PT today, working on the neck & back - little sore. Glad you ladies like the "lettuce" sandwich idea. It works out great.

Tiredoffat and Reds2004 you guys are going to make your goal, I can feel it. Promise that you do something nice for yourselves if you achieve your goal. Get a new book, pair of shoes or go to the spa for some pampering. It's essential to do something nice for yourselves to keep yourselves motivated.

Ok, menu for the day - nothing special:

Fruit - pinapple & kiwi
Shredded wheat - dry - yep I like to munch on them instead of sitting down for a meal
Grilled chicken salad
munched on fresh green beans
Grilled salmon
Grilled veggies
128 oz of water

I think I might have some popcorn and diet pop and watch some TV - the DH is working 2nd and I get the TV all to myself - kids have their own.

Have a great one.... Make a pledge for tomorrow and stick with it. Penny
chubbylady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2004, 08:46 PM   #50
I'm working on it

I had tons of reasons to head for the Oreos tonight . My ex (a.k.a.: ) decided to push my buttons by letting me know he won't be paying his child support this month. Poor baby just can't afford his car payment plus his motorcycle payment AND child support all at the same time. Meanwhile, I drive a 96 Galant (160,000 miles) and struggle everyday to support my two boys without taking any "mom time" away from them. Poor guy, he has such a life. By the way, feel free to ignore this post, I'm just venting because there's no one else around to vent to. My point is this...I resisted the Oreo's. I grabbed a bottle of water and came to this site instead. I know that it sounds silly, that someone as unworthy as he could have any effect on my goals at all, but the truth is: he could if I let him and I'm not going to let him. I'm sure nothing would make him happier than to watch me continue being overweight and miserable. I must admit, his face (along with a few others) flash through my head during those moments on the trail when my mind is saying "stop running, just walk a while, you don't have to keep running, you could just walk, better yet, you could just walk right to your car and drive home". His face is one of the reasons I don't stop running, I push myself to the next trail marker like I do every other day. And when I pass that marker I say "take that". It's silly, I know. And I'm not trying to imply that this weight loss journey is for him because it's not, it's all for me. But the fact that he can't make me stop running or head straight for the Oreo's anymore, well, it feels good. With each pound I loose, I feel better about myself. Not just because of the weight loss, but it's the feeling that I accomplished something that I didn't think I could. I did it and no one can take it away from me. This journey is different from other attempts to lose weight because I'm digging for the real reasons why I became the way I am. I want to discover the issues, face them and never be dragged down by them again. Okay, enough with my ranting and raving. Sometimes a girl just has to let it out, you know? If anything, what I just said should be used as motivation. Everyone has someone, or has known someone, that is so miserable in their own skin that they do whatever possible, even if extremely subtle, to bring others down. My ex is one of those people, and the fact that he can't do it to me anymore...it feels good. Okay, that's really enough, I swear I'm done now. For those who kept reading, thanks for listening to me vent and for those who stopped reading a while ago and decided to ignore me...good choice! Goodnight ladies!
Old 09-02-2004, 08:57 PM   #51

Reds - I think it's great that you reached for the water instead of the oreos - what satisfaction long term would the oreos brink anyways. I'm glad you're putting your feelings to good use by running more and sticking to the diet - you can get past him and live your own life. Good for you! This is not just a journey to lose weight but to enrich and regain life! A good life!

Keep it up. I'll be back tomorrow.
Old 09-02-2004, 09:05 PM   #52
Working on a better ME

GOOD FOR YOU REDS! - You are a strong woman. It's great to see that someone can't make you go for the Oreo's - let alone a man! Great Willpower - I'm so proud of you! Hugs, Penny
chubbylady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2004, 09:30 PM   #53

Well ladies, I was a little side-tracked with starting back to teaching school and all of that but I'm back now! I did fall off of the wagon a little but I'm back on it now and you all have me ready to go work out and eat right again! Thank you!

Penny, I do love reading all of your menus, mine are not inspiring enough to write here, they make me ashamed :-( That will change though.

On an excercise note... I have a pedometer and love it! Do any of you use one? Mine was given to me through my insurance but you can get them in the healthy meals in McD's or for about $8 at wal-mart. I love it because I clip it on in the morning and it tracks my steps all day. It makes me very aware of how much movement I'm doing (or not doing.) Also, I registered at http://www.americaonthemove.org It's a site where you can log your steps and it shows you how far you have walked across the US, etc. We can even make a group and all of log in our steps and see how much we're moving as a group. Just an idea in case you're interested. Let me know and I'll set it up and post the info!

Also on another note... I have found the http://www.flylady.net site. It's all about keeping things organized and getting your house clean. I needed help in that area too. They have a good recipe section also, which is why I'm mentioning it here. And with all of the cleaning and organizing I'm doing, I'm taking a lot of steps, and getting 2 things done at the same time!

Ok, long enough post. I'll hush now. Thanks for getting me back on track. I had a tomatoe for a snack instead of chocolate! A step in the right direction.
vabeachbum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2004, 11:28 AM   #54
I'm working on it

Thanks for the support tiredoffat and Penny. I appreciate that you allow me to rant in here. Because I'm a writer , I've found that expressing my feelings through writing helps so much more than verbal communication. I'm not sure why, but it does. I just wanted to say thanks for the support.

I just got back from my WJR. I actually jogged 3/4 of the way around the short trail! I still had to walk a couple of times, but still less than usual. I can feel my body getting stronger. The funny thing is, I used to cringe when I heard people talk about how much they love to run. I would think to myself, "why? how can anyone enjoy running?". But I have to admit, I'm hooked! When I run (well, WJR) in the morning I feel great for the rest of the day. I can't believe I didn't try it sooner!

I hope everyone's day is going well. Tiredoffat, only 11 days until weigh in. Stay focused girl! We can do it! Penny, how about you? I know all those great recipies must be helping you towards your goal. I'd like to know how you're doing, if you don't mind. Before I go, I'd also like to welcome back VAbeachbum! That pedometer idea is great and I'm definatly going to check out that site. Does anyone know how many steps you should be taking during the day in order to lose weight? I've never had a pedometer so I'm not sure if they recomend x number of steps per day. Just curious.

Okay gals, time to go. Goodluck today everyone!
Old 09-03-2004, 08:53 PM   #55

Hi all, Reds, I haven't tried the run yet. I hope to tomorrow since I won't have work which has really hindered my exercise routine. Luckily I've been able to stick to my low cal diet. I like hearing your step by step accomplishment on the WJR. Penny, I agree with everyone, you've got creative recipes. Welcome vabeachbum - remember 180 by the new year!

sw210
cw202
gw150
Old 09-04-2004, 03:48 PM   #56
I'm working on it

Just popping in to say hello to everyone. I've been renovating all day so I'm not sure I'm going to get my WJR in today. That's okay though, building walls and hanging drywall has to burn at least a few calories! I haven't had a chance to get a pedometer yet VA, but I'll let you know when I do. We can count our steps together! Anyone else want to jump in on this one? I will say this, once I get a pedometer, I'm going to get on here and post my step count for the day, every day. Okay, I really need to get back to work. Have a great weekend everyone!
Old 09-04-2004, 05:32 PM   #57

Hi Reds - renovating is certainly a work out. If you're sweating you're working out. I fit in a swim today and hope to finally fit in a wjr tomorrow. I'll let you know. Have a good one. I'm looking forward to the 15th!

sw 210
cw 202
gw 150
Old 09-04-2004, 08:32 PM   #58
I'm working on it

10 days to go! I never did get my wjr in today, but there's always tomorrow. See Penny, I'm getting better at not being so hard on myself! Besides, I have something to be proud of. I had dinner with my family tonight...they ordered chinese while I opted for grilled chicken breast and sliced tomatoes. I must admit, I almost caved when the scent of the egg rolls began to fill the room but I resisted. I won another small battle in the weight loss war! Well, I should go now since I'm missing my movie (Carlito's Way is on AMC tonight). It started at 8pm but I wanted to stop in here first. Goodnight ladies and good luck at those Labor Day cookouts!
Old 09-05-2004, 08:58 AM   #59

Hi all. Reds I like to hear about the little battles won. I won one this morning too. The family had pancakes, yummy but no healthy ingredients. I opted for a healthy egg frittata instead - lots of protein, veggies, etc. I'm about to had out on a bike ride and then try to win another battle at a labor day party - I can do it, I can do it, We can do it, we can do it. What will the scale say on 9/15 - what will be the non-food reward I give myself - perhaps a new bottle of great bubble bath - I love baths!

Take care.
Old 09-05-2004, 07:26 PM   #60

Location: where the weather changes every 15 minutes-- Michigan

Default WoW

hey girls.. Haven't had much puter time since I have to move the DH to get it.. LOL

Red, WOW great going with the 5# loss and the oreo war. Especially on not letting the ex bring you down. Great idea writing, it works well, should get back to journaling myself would imagine my recent fixation with every edible object in sight lately has some emotional ties?? go figure.
You are doing great. I used to do the walk/run thing and loved it too, just sorry I quit. It does make you feel great and seemed to give me lots of happy faces to spend throughout the day..

I have a pedometer, I should get it out, bought it off the internet, it's a nice one too. Measure steps distance calories.. Something else but I forget what. I will let you guys know what the site is if I remember. Several of my co-workers bought them at the same time. I will get mine out and register the steps if you guys want to track.

Tired- sounds like you're doing good too.. Keep the chin up, body moving.. thats most of what it takes.

Lots of great support here, i will have to make a bigger effort to check in more often.. I have been looking into water walking, I can swim at my college free and they will show me how. Unfortunately the drive is too far to get over there during my non school days, so I was checking into a local pool for availability of classes etc. I took a water aerobics class once, it was lots of fun. My hip has been bothering me no doubt its complaining of the weight and I should be heading the warning. Perhaps I will get off my butt before its dark out and check back with you all later..

forgive me for not making notes so I can send more personal messages.. Will do next time. my memory is bad but I do have a pencil..

Dana

HW/CW/GW
215/195/135
5'2" 35 year old mama w/ 2 beauties
shadesOme is offline   Reply With Quote
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.