Old 08-19-2004, 04:45 PM   #31  
2BoysMom

Leigh...I was going to say too..PM me your address! Snail mail is fun too!!
Chubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2004, 05:11 PM   #32  

Default Change in Plan

I went to LA today to end my program with them. I am not committed to the program being that I have not had any changes in weight. But I have these bars that I pre-purchased, so I took half of my supply home and will have to go back next week. They are practically candy bars, so I never liked using them anyway, but it is great when you are on the go.

Anyway, the new plan starts tomorrow. I have my notebook handy and all of my ww stuff. I will weigh in on Fridays, workout 5 days a week and make this a lifestyle change. I really need to do it this time. As far as another one, I think we are going to hold off for awhile. I really think my body needs to lose this weight.

QOTD: I would love to travel Italy with my dh. I went with a gf in college and it is so romantic, too bad dh wasn't around.

Have a great on-program week.

What is the exercise challenge? 75 min at the gym today!
meltin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2004, 05:22 PM   #33  

Default Hurricane

Geri - I was reading the old post about the hurricane. Our house managed to be fine, I was hoping for a couple of shingles off since we need a new roof. Some people are stubborn and won't leave. We were not asked to evacuate, but I would if it was mandated. Everyone in my family is safe.
meltin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2004, 05:23 PM   #34  

Height: 5 foot

Hello everyone! Boy, I had a rough morning…. But I’m getting better slowly, but surely! If I can get most of my stuff done today, I’m going to ask my dh if he’d watch the kids for me to sit in the hot tub for a while.. Or maybe even come along! That would be nice.. But he probably won’t. (come along) I’m back up to 145... I can’t believe I gained 5 lbs back.. It took me soo long to loose those measly 5 lbs! But oh well Not I gotta re-lose the same weight again. Oh well, I’ve done if before!!

QOTD~ I would love to go on a cruise to the Bahamas, or Hawaii or something like that. I also want to go to Disney world and Orlando studios!
(or whatever it’s called)

Penny- When you said Sicily.. I immediately thought about Sophia on the Golden Girls! Has he ever been.. Cuz I sure would like to know if it was really like she said it was!

Leigh- Love that avatar! I still can’t get over his hair.. It is too adorable!

Ok.. I think I missed the challenge!!!

Pregnancy~ YUCK!! I HATE IT! Well my first was fine.. But it ended horribly! I had gestational diabetes and pre-eclampsia and ended up having an emergency c-section. Which pissed me off because I was only 18! That meant I will always have to have one.. Which I did with my second which almost killed me! I had miscarried before her.. And I was still suffering depression from that.. So I had major depression while I was pregnant because I was constantly scared of losing her. I was rushed to the ER twice for bleeding.. And I passed out twice! But I would definitely do it again! But 30 or more lbs lighter this time.. And take care of my self WAY better!

Geri- I cut my son’s hair all the time! Poor baby!

Spryng- Egypt sounds good…. I think ancient Egyptians are soo beautiful!! MMNN Cajun chicken sounds good!

Michelle~ Glad you’re back! What happened with your MIL? Mine hates me… but get’s in my face and smiles like she’s my friend!

Ok, I don’t remember who said this.. But I’m “fixing to” get ready to list some more things from the south! How about the way some of us say Doe’ instead of door, Sto’ instead of store! Hawt instead of heart. Some people tried to blame it on ebonics… but all colors say that sometimes! How my husband can wear braids with a cowboy hat… Now that’s southern!!! Went riding around Atlanta in the “hood” and there were people sitting on their porches getting their hair done, people playing dominoes and checkers in their front yard… kids playing with… sticks…. Yes sticks.. Boy that brought back memories!! Tx to me is more “southern” than Atlanta or SC… but I love the beaches in SC better than our yucky brown water in tx!

I know I missed some of you.. But my fingers are starting to hurt!!!

My checklist for today

X Exercise (30 min Denise Austin)
_ Journal
X Groceries
X Pay Bills
_ Iron
X Laundry
_ Cook
_ Wash Dishes
_ Bathrooms
_ Living room

That’s it so far! Ha, ha, ha I ended up eating a double cheeseburger and fries for lunch… (ouch!!) I ate cereal and milk for breakfast and only had 1 cup of coffee. I attempted to drink water this morning.. But only drank like a cup. So I still have that to work on. I didn’t exercise last night because I was to busy cleaning up everything.. So I guess that could count a little!! Anyways I need to exercise at least for another 30 minutes to help get the edge off of that burger… Today I’m cooking Shepherd’s Pie for dinner. Not all that healthy.. But tastes soo good! I might eat a TV dinner or exercise an extra 15 minutes!! So I will try to update later! I hope everyone is having a great day!
Jaymi_Dol_78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2004, 05:31 PM   #35  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

S/C/G: 208/162/135

Height: 5' 2.5"

Ok I am out the door for karate.....

But I had to say MICHELLE!!!!

What the Heck happened????? OMG!!!! You should have called me!! I am soooooo sorrrrryyyy....

You gotta tell us what happened! Did the kids go to the hotel with you??????
mompen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2004, 06:14 PM   #36  
SAHM of 3

Just a quick one from me, my computer has been down from the storm since this morning. There were only 5 posts at that time and now over 30. I scanned.

Leigh, I'm about 3 hours from Austin and 4 hours from San Antonio. I'm about 30 minutes from Dallas, probably more like 45 minutes or so.

Okay, dinner is ready so I've got to feed kids. I'll try to post later. TTY then.
watkinsguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2004, 06:38 PM   #37  
jae

Good afternoon!

Today was so hectic. I FINALLY got a Denise Austin workout in. Yay! Then it was to the store, which didn't have the formula I needed, so off to a different one. Then back home to feed Dominic and get him ready for a Dr. appointment. Now I'm back and need to get stuff ready for dinner. Dinner? I havn't even finished lunch yet! LOL

Leigh-your little boy is so cute!

I think that I was more afraid of having a vag birth. Every day I would hear horror stories from people. I was terrified of pushing and pushing and either nothing happening, or happening too fast to have an epidural. My c-section went so well, that I would be ok to have another. (I think the epidural was the worst part!)

Crystal-I love storms. I miss AZ where they would have the best thunder and lightning storms. You could watch them roll in.

QOTD-Anywhere a cruise would take me. I hear they are so much fun!

Check in later!

~j
jae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2004, 06:44 PM   #38  
mama of 4little Angels

Evening Ladies.

Michelle--If I were you I'd tell your MIL that it's not her house and she doesn't have to like the way you run it.Everyone is titled to an opion.And tell her you don't appreciate negative imput from her.But that's just me and I put that nicely.I'm sorry you had to go to an hotel.Wished we lived closer I would have let you and your babies stay with us.I hate it when people put down other people.Especially family.Especially when its a good person and great mom like you.Hope everything gets better for you.

Cindi--Sorry about the turtle incedent.Get a fish next time so that won't happen again. Hope everyone is better from the sad day.

Chubba- what is snail mail?Never heard of it.

Penny- Cool Were having the same thing for supper.I think I might grill the burgers though.I like the taste the grill gives food.I wish I had a bigger grill the one I have can fit on a table.Oh well I'm suppost to get one built in the backyard one day.who knows.

Jaymi-Don't worry about gaining back weight.It's just a number right?I know you read Denise Austin and so do I .She says to use a measuring tape instead because inches are better to lose than weight.Because you can go down in size and not lose any weight because you can gain muscle and lose fat at the same time and everyone knows muscle weighs more than fat.
Angel Marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2004, 06:49 PM   #39  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Hello again!

Just got done with dinner and I actually put all my dishes in the dishwasher when I was done! Yah! Part of my evening routine is done now. Dinner was really good... Cajun Chicken, red beans and rice, and corn. The kids ate everything! So that says enough to me, lol.

Michelle, I want to know what happened too! Sounds terrible. Did your dh go with you to? Because you said "you" went to a hotel and didn't mention your dh, I truly hope he did not take thier side. But fill us in! We are dying here!! And I can't wait to see pics of everything you got done!

Crystal, glad your computer is up and running again!

Jaymi, so sorry you are up 5 lbs.. but I must mention something. You hate when you start putting on the lbs right? But then you go out for a double cheeseburger and plan fattening things for dinner... I know I'm preaching at the choir, but STOP IT! LOL.. (I'm saying this will sincerity) You need to work harder to get those 5 lbs off. Yes exercising is great but you have to limit what you eat too or nothing happens. If you want to make fattening things then take small portions. I just don't want you putting on any more unwanted lbs... it's all in your hands.

Melinda, so glad to hear you are ready to make ww into a lifestyle!! it really does fit well into anyone's life. I'm wishing you all the best! And I can't wait for you WI tomorrow. Mine is tomorrow too but I'm not hoping for anything because TOM should be here monday so I know I'm retaining fluids right now. But next week should be good. And 75 min of exercise is amazing! remember on ww you get to count that as points to eat!!

Leigh, I looked back over that recipe and it doesn't seem too bad. Using the turkey (if's it's ground turkey breast) and ww pasta should do the trick. But it sounds great and let us know how it comes out!

Cheri, I think I will make it the rest of the night, lol. But I am about to brush my teeth and that is always the clincher for me. I hate to eat if I brush my teeth. Your dinner sounds great!

Well... big brother on tonight. Leigh you watching it with me?? Who will go? Will or Marvin?? Probably Marvin but I am hoping not, but then again I like Will too, so who knows. I just don't think Marvin has had a chance yet.
Guess I will get off here and get my housework finished up. I always get antsy right before dh comes home for some reason and have to stay busy. Maybe we can chat tonight?? 10 pm central? or 9:30?? Let me know!
spryng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2004, 06:52 PM   #40  

S/C/G: 307/187/130

Height: 5'4"

Ok will try to make the story short lol.... well my mil felt that I was "dumping" my children on her because I was busy running all the errands, grocery shopping, and getting all the stuff that we needed from home depot to fix up the house. I didn't think twice about leaving the girls at home because hubby and his parents were there. Well obviously she thinks that I'm the one who has to take care of the children and I apparently wasn't there for them like I should have been. Oh and I also I guess I didn't offer enough moral support to my husband when he completed a chore or project...I tell him I'm grateful for him everyday, really I don't understand what she was freaking out about. Anyway, I heard her talking to hubby in the living room, I was hanging drapes in my bedroom and she said "I'm going in the basement as soon as she gets out of there." so I came out and took my kids and went to my sisters. As I was packing the diaper bag for the girls his dad comes in and says that I don't have to leave that they would be leaving in the morning. Anyway so I go to my sisters and hubby chased me down there cuz I was a crying mess!! I told him that it shouldnt take me leaving the house for him to stick up for me to his mother and he agreed but he did let her have a mouthful. He took the girls home so they didn't feel like anything was going on and I just got a room at the hotel I worked at and came home this morning when my inlaws had left. So the whole thing in a nutshell: My MIL thinks I'm a bad wife and a bad mom and I'm not good enough for my family. So that hurts...but I'm over it and next time they come to town they can find a hotel. LOL

Anyway hubby and I are going back to the fair together the girls are going to sisters I'll post again later.

Oh I wanted to welcome the Newbies Jae and Deanna, I'm Michelle sahm to 2 girls Teagan 10 mos and Taylor 3.
MichelleRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2004, 06:53 PM   #41  

Jae and Angel snuck in on me!

Jae, which denise austin workout did you do?? So great that you got some in! What are you planning for dinner?

Angel, what have you been up to today? And snail mail is regular postal mail.
Old 08-19-2004, 06:57 PM   #42  

Michelle, your MIL sounds just like mine. My MIL used to wait until I was out of ear shot to bad mouth me about everything from how I look at dh to how I scrub a toilet. Finally he stood up for me (I fell in love with him all over again in that instant) and she has never tried it since. i think we have made peace since then but we have our moments. But so glad you were the bigger person and just removed yourself from the situation, that took gusto! (but we all know you have it ) You wanna chat tonight?? Enjoy the fair!! We may be going to one this weekend, I hope anyway.
Old 08-19-2004, 07:11 PM   #43  
Walking away the weight

OMG!!! That recipe was soooooo good! DH even finished up every single meat ball even though I made enough for 4 people LOL. I did well, though. Ate an appropriate amount for my point range I'm going to have to try some of her other stuff if I can modify it to make it less caloric.

Geri- I'll pm you

Melinda- Hey- what plan have you changed to? One of my friends lives in Wilmington, NC and her fence and shed blew away!

Jaymi- sorry you're having a bad day Hopefully, DH will give you a break. What kind of fast food do you usually crave? For me it's McDonalds . . . but you can be strong! I know you can.

Crystal- well, guess you and Cheri are ttoo far for us to see But we'll meet sometime - I just know it

Jae- thank you Do you have to take DS to the doc more often bhecause he's preemie? Did his appointment go well?

Angel- was dinner good?

Spryng- I love red beans and rice! I also think Marvin will go tonight. I kinda like him, but I think he's way too much of a threat to everyone else.

Okay, I still have 2 points left for a Skinny Cow later And I just can't wait for Michelle to post and explain what happened. Hope she's okay.
Loveliam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2004, 07:14 PM   #44  

Leigh, zatarains red beans and rice is only 3 pts for a full cups worth!! I just love making it, tastes great and you get alot for your pts. So glad that recipe was great!! I'm going to save it to try soon. And michelle posted above!
Old 08-19-2004, 07:20 PM   #45  
SAHM of 3

Michelle, I'm so sorry about your MIL. You just need to let her have her opinion and you know better.
To you and Spryng, I have the best MIL in the world. She doesn't make the best meme because she's too caught up in her life, BUT she adores me and thinks I'm the best mom to my kids and the best wife and so on. She has told me I'm a better mom than she ever was. She adores the fact that I homeschool and so on. I love to know that she likes me and knows I'm good enough for her son.
I don't want to make this like a brag fest but what I'm getting at is that they are entitled to their opinion and I'm glad that your dh's stand up against them. I bet if you find some things out about them from their past either as wifes or mothers, their stories aren't anything to brag about.
TTYL
watkinsguru is offline   Reply With Quote