Old 10-31-2004, 09:44 AM   #136  

This is the first time in quite a long while that I have not been in costume at least at work for Halloween. Because Halloween falls on a Sunday this year, and so many people are off on Fridays where I work, most folks just didn't bother dressing up for Halloween at work this year, so I didn't either. I don't have a costume party to go to tonight either, so there was really no use coming up with a costume.

Because of my build (very short and, until this year, very overweight), I have always had to make my own costumes as the "off the rack" stuff comes nowhere close to fitting me. I actually prefer the creativity of making my own anyhow, so I suspect that, even once I'm able to wear "off the rack" costumes, I probably won't at least most of the time.

I like being the unique one at a costume party. At work, people come from all over the building on Halloween to see what I'm wearing, because they know it won't be what everyone else is wearing. hehe I like that!
SheriaVa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2004, 12:41 AM   #137  

Hi all! How was your Halloween?? I managed to stay away from the candy bowl. Yay!! The rest goes to work tomorrow. I’m also thrilled because I’m down another 1.5 pounds! Thank heavens. I wasn’t sure how much longer I was going to hold it together being stalled at the same weight.

It was a good day. I forgot to change my clocks so I was pleasantly surprised to oversleep until 10 only to realize it was only 9. Yippee! I replanted the pots on my front porch and pruned all the hedges in my front yard. I think that counts as exercise. I was sweating!

This is totally off topic, but I am thinking of going house hunting again. I love my house. It’s so cute, a cottage, all decorated, but I would love more room. My friends have said I’m nuts for thinking of moving asking how much room can one person need, so I pushed it to the back of my mind for a while. But my new neighbors have quickly moved it to the front again! Our houses are VERY close together. So close that if they shut a door hard, I wonder if that was my door or theirs? Anyhow, they have a big screen TV (HUGE, easily 60-70 inches) and home theater surround sound. The last two nights (they moved in last week) they’ve been playing Jurassic Park. With all the windows closed, I can literally hear dinosaurs roaring in my bedroom. It’s making me crazy!!! I hate confrontation, so I haven’t said anything. Moving sounds like a better alternative. How’s that for rationalization?

Anyway, hope everyone is doing well and made it through the first holiday of the season unscathed. Just think, it's only 25 days until Thanksgiving. Stay strong!!
SkinnyBoPeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2004, 10:06 AM   #138  

Default hi

hey singles! i am up early today. i was exhausted last nite and in bed my 10pm which is very early for me. i had lots of halloweeners last nite and i was thrilled. last year i only had maybe a dozen. so thank god not a lot of leftover candy.

skinnybopeep - if you are not happy then move! i have been hearing the same thing because i just bought my house last year. now i'm going to move as soon as i sell it and my friends ask why. because i am not happy here in this town anymore and the opportunity came up and i feel it's the thing to do. do what you feel is right for yourself.

shereiva - my story is just he opposite. i haven't dressed up in years, then the last 2 years i got in the halloweem spirit. i decided it would lighten my mood and it does.

well, gotta find something constructive to do!
kathy
corningkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2004, 07:47 PM   #139  

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyBoPeep
they have a big screen TV (HUGE, easily 60-70 inches) and home theater surround sound. The last two nights (they moved in last week) they’ve been playing Jurassic Park. With all the windows closed, I can literally hear dinosaurs roaring in my bedroom.
YIKES!!!!! That would drive ME crazy and I LOVE Jurassic Park!

I absolutely hear you about hating confrontation--I do, too--but you gotta let them know that this is really impacting your life. Either talk to them, nicely, or prepare to move!
Old 11-01-2004, 07:48 PM   #140  

Everyone...do you think we should start a new Singles Supporting Singles thread since we are up to 8 pages or so? I notice that seems to be what the other support groups do. Just a thought.
Old 11-01-2004, 09:54 PM   #141  

Works for me, SheriaVA!
Old 11-01-2004, 10:07 PM   #142  

Wink

Hi all, I got through halloween too. I didn't dress up this year and haven't for the last 15 or so. I could never get into it. It was always too much stress trying to think of something to wear, put it together, etc. I tend to be they type that is happiest fading into the woodwork, so I guess it would be against my nature to call attention to myself? Anyway, I got rid of my candy even though I only had 6 trick-or treaters. I decided when I was going to stop and I dumped the rest of the bowl in the last kids bag. He was a cute little kid about seven. Boy did his eyes get big. I bet he's first at my house next year! And I bet he spends some quality time in a dentist's chair this coming year!
I'm still doing well on program, although I have only got two days of walking in since last Thursday (the start of my "dieting" week), but I did rake leaves for three hours on Sunday and judging by how much my shoulders and arms ache, that has to count for something! So yes, SkinnyBoPeep, anything that makes you sweat of sore the next day definitely counts!
And if you can't be happy in your house, by all means, move! I know what you mean about feeling cramped, because my house is a little 1-1/2 story built in 1947. I absolutely love it, but sometimes I feel like I could use more space. Luckily, my lot is close to an acre and my neighbors aren't too close. I don't know what property values are there, but that's a consideration too. Housing values here right now are pretty outrageous, but it can't hurt to look around and see what's out there. Maybe your dream house is out there waiting for you. And congrats on the 1.5 lbs gone! It must be a relief that it's moving again!
Kathy - hang tough with the physical therapy. I am not a physical therapist, but I work in rehab as a nurse and I know it's gonna get worse before it gets better. But if these exercises strengthen your knees and back, you will be all the better for it. Of course, that's easy for me to say, I'm not the one in pain!
Sheriva - I have no idea what the rules are about starting a new thread. But I am game if you are. I'm just afraid I won't find you guys again!
Hope all is going well with everyone - and have a good Tuesday!

Look! A new smilie!
JanetG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2004, 10:22 PM   #143  

Is it an Oompa Loompa from Charlie and the Chocolate Factory???? Those guys creep me out!
Old 11-02-2004, 12:33 PM   #144  

Default hi

hey there! i think the new smilie is suppose to be a turkey in pilgrims clothing.

sheriava- i agree with the new thread. i would put the title and #2 following so we get the right one. thanks in advance.

janetg - i like to dress up for exactly the same reason you don't. i kind of like to fade away but dressing up gives me a chance to be someone else.

just got back form pt. we didn't do the recumbent bike to see if that was what irratated my back. i go for my mri on my knee tomorrow so i hope we can know better what is exactly going on in there. i have to go at 7:30 am. yuck! then straight to the dentist to fix the chipped tooth. what a long day it will be!!!

well, gotta get ready for work! have a good one!
corningkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2004, 02:14 PM   #145  

Default I've Started A New Thread

Now let's see if I can figure out how to link to the new thread!

Singles Supporting Singles #2