Old 08-19-2004, 09:53 PM   #46  
kitty Momo

Geesh, Elle...........put the food down!! lol jk
Maybe drink ice water?? Make some carrot sticks, chew gum, journal......need to do something.
School sounds exciting. Maybe write down exactly why you are stressed on school starting -

Anyway,,,,,,,,welcome!

The bagel was a cracked pepper, and it was the best ever.......plus they gave us 2 pickles and a bowl of cole slaw....
It was worth it but I would never pay 7 again.....

I did Gabrielle's toe nails, she likes it......we don't do fingernails. If I did I would be doing them all the time.

ttfn
Mom2Gaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2004, 12:18 AM   #47  
starting over again......

S/C/G: 261.4/261.4/200

Height: 5'4"

Susan~ It is an extremely extensive site on my family!! But it is very informational if you look at some of my siblings links as well as other links that my mom has put on there.

Squeakmouse~ (sorry mental lapse on your name) Jen, I think? I have a box of the 100 calorie Wheat Thins and the Cheese Nips. I wanted to try these ones first and then if I like these, I will get the other ones. They are just enough to help me fill up at lunch time, then I make some ramon noodles and I am good to go. Which reminds me, I have to check and see if I still have some ramon noodles. For some reason they have been sounding good again. (I ate the crap out of them when I was pregnant with Brandon)

I did my little weigh in when we went to Rite Aid to get the pictures developed. I am now down to 241!!!!!!!!

Elle~ First off, welcome to the group! Secondly, I am glad that gum was invented. I have been chewing a lot more. But my hubby gets on me when he gets home from work. He will ask me what I had for lunch and if I tell him something that doesn’t sound feeling to him (like on Thursday, I ate 3 of his homemade peanut butter cookies that he made for my birthday, a glass of milk, and then a bag of light popcorn.). He told me “dear that isn’t a lunch.” I was the same way when Brandon was in the hospital in June (the whole story is on his webpage), the only actual meal I ate was dinner, and that was cause usually someone from his family was in the room with Brandon. I didn’t want to leave his side for anything, so usually I got a can of juice from the parents room in the morning, then about lunch time I got a bag of cheetos and a can of pop (or another juice) and then it was usually cafeteria for dinner. Although Sunday night, I grabbed some bagels to have in the room for breakfast, and he was released the next day.

Cristi~ I am sure that I posted it in here, I think it was to Jana. But if things keep going the way they have all this cycle, I might add to you wanting another one. (I posted it all above if you want to go back and read it.)
tommysgirl18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2004, 12:20 AM   #48  
self portrait

Default howdy

Just a quicky tonight

Elle: welcome to the best chat place in the world. These ladies are wonderful for support and advice. So don't be shy in talking about anything.
Now here is my advice for your problem.
I agree with Susan, write down in a journal what you are feeling. Why you are so stressed about school and what is going through your head. It really helps to write it down and get it all out. Also, if you know you are going to be stress eating, load yourself with good stuff. Ie. " carrots, fruit ( they are sweet , so you get that sugar, but still healthy for you) drink lots of water which curbs your appetite, pudding and jello are good low cal, lf snacks, etc, etc. that way when you start stress eating you are actually putting something good into your stomach and fooling your body into thinking it is getting what it wants. ( the bad stuff). Also, when you feel yourself going into super stress mode, go for a walk, get out of the house, that way you can calm yourself, clear your head and get exercise.
I too am going to school ( after graduating 11 yrs ago) and I am nervous. It is a 20 credit fall term and if I don't kill myself ( joking) over the pressure and stress I will graduate by june of next year. I understand fully fears and stress over school and I haven't been to school since 1993, so think how old and dorky I feeel. Heee
Anywho, hope you work it out and know we are here to support you
Hi to all my other jaded ladies, hope your weekend goes great. I am up to portland on friday and going to my annual polish booyah feast on sat. Only a polack(Sp?) would think to have something hot to eat like booyah in the heat of summer. The polish, go figure. LOL. Anywho, see you all on sunday night.
SqueakMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2004, 12:27 AM   #49  

Elle~ I agree with what Susan and Jen both said. Anytime I feel like I am getting hungry again after just eating, I grab a class of water. We really don't have much of a fruit/veggie section at the market on the corner, so I try to grab a glass of water and something healthy to eat.

Good luck! And I have actually found that if I write down what all I have eaten in one day, and then put it on fitday.com it helps put things into perspective for me! good luck and remember we are ALL here for you!
Old 08-20-2004, 12:38 AM   #50  
self portrait

Tommys girl : my name is shanna, sorry I haven't posted that so everyone could tell people's real names from their screen names. It makes it so difficult, I forget all the time, especially new peoples names. Just remember my name rhymes with banana, should help you remember. hee hee lol
SqueakMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2004, 12:41 AM   #51  

LOL....I will remember that when I see your siggy, with the banana in it.

ok....now wait a minute.....who is Jen? isn't that Dolphin? Usually I can keep these all straight!
Old 08-20-2004, 01:39 AM   #52  
Give me strength

S/C/G: 299/261/250

Don't post here,,,head over to chit chat 71
da fat n da furious is offline   Reply With Quote