Daily Check-In

You're on Page 71 of 71
Go to
  • Spraklerose welcome to this site. I hope you hang in there with us on our journey to a healthier lifestyle and feeling good! The wt. will come off the last isn't so easy but if you just continue to watch what your intake is and exercise you will get results sooner or later it has to be true!
    Tired wow your really exercising. Remember your wt. may be up do to muscle weighing more thats okay. Just ck out your measurements. I need to also do that. On one site they mentioned a new tape thats out with magnetic ends for an easier measure? I gotta ck it out. Good luck on sunday you deserve to do well . How nice of your son being so supportive of his mom. That is great!
    Rollmdl and Judy hope your doing well.
    I was naughty yesterday and had a half of a large frosted brownie and a raspberry latte. I did take the frosting off to sweet. But it wasn't in my preplanned menu at all.
    I did my up'd calorie day now back to normal today. I bought a little note book at Walmart just for my tracking of intake and wt. / exercise so I can reflect on what and where I need to make changes. Also a good tracking of when I had wt. loss and what my menu's were like at that time. I figured I am going to tighten the straps down and get serious after my fluke last night. But we all need that once in awhile or we would binge all the time I THINK?????????????????? I am going to work out this afternoon after work. I can lift my heel is still sore a bit. I did some swimming yesterday and every little bit of exercise counts. Lots of water lately!
    Have a wonderful day.
    Breakfast=2 poached eggs, dry rye, potatoes= 450 cals
    Lunch= salad w/ low cal dressing and hummus and soy crisp, 1 fruit nec. 325
    Dinner= steak w/ mushrooms200 and onions, salad w/low cal.100 grilled in foil peppers.50 1150 so far! God give me strength!
    frozen fruit bar 100
  • Just checking in; Yesterdays dinner will be tonights I worked later so went and picked up chinese. No on my diet but the egg roll wasn't greasy and I only ate 1/2 of my rice and orange chicken. I gave the other 1/2 to my mom. nectaurine for my evening snack. No exercise other than in and out of my office and to appts.
    Todays intake:B=south beach cereal w/ little milk 175, 1/2 banana
    S=Kashi bar 140 oh so good!
    I am only working 1/2 day my hubby has a doctors appt. at noon. So we will most likely have lunch out together. Then in the afternoon as it looks to be a nice day I will hit the gym and then stop to swim if its not raining.
    Have a great day!
  • Hope everyone is doing well and enjoying their summer. Today the weather looks like its going to be very nice and this weekend. I am going to try and get in some outside activities this weekend.
    I got the little white square out of the closet and I am down 1lb. got to lose 1.5 to get back to my low pt. But I am working on it. This week I started a written journal log just in a little cheap notebook. I am writing down my intakes,calories, activity and wt. I figure it will help me be more accountable to myself. Also it will help me to reflect back to what I ate or did during a loss or gain. In the past I have had to go back to the site and try to find when did I gain etc... This will be a running log and I can and do make changes as my days go on. There was something on the news the other day about some research and counting calories is still a very good way for people to choose to lose wt. and its easier than most ways. What I like is I can kind of have what I want as long as its added in. I seem to be flexing between 1400-1600. I shoot for the 1400 but don't always make it. Don't forget your yogurt great source of protein,calcium and ribofiavin its a vitamin that helps regulate your metabolism. So ck it out I try to get a low sugar , low fat not more than 90 calories.
    Intake=B=Kashi friends cereal 170- splash of milk30= 200
    S=plum 36 1 kashi bar 140
    L= salad w/ , tomatoes, fresh mozz. basil, balsamic vin. 100, 1 yogurt90, necturaine 37
    D= scallops, shrimp marinated and grilled, potatoe baked 200, lite sour cream,
    green beans30
    S= frozen fruit bar 150 Total so far= 1200 calories
  • Hi, my computer has been down. Carol, it's awesome that you're keeping such a regular check on your weight - a good thing. You're also staying close and not gaining many pounds. It's been a series of ups and downs on the health journey here. Ups - great workout on Tues, lots and lots of power cleaning. Downside - entertaining friends spontaneously and buying/eating all kinds of unhealthy choices - yuk!!!! Sugar really has a bad affect on me - I have to remember this.

I'm so glad to be back on. I felt like my right arm was cut off. I'm sure I won't be my real self until after Sunday's triathlon. The whole event is daunting and exciting at the same time.
  • Tired I am so proud of you for doing that triathlon. That has taken a lot of time and effort on your part. You must be feeling good about that. I recently started the food journal written down intakes, exercise wt. etc. I figure it will make me more accountable. I didn't use it this weekend but will jump back into it on monday. This weekend I think I drowned a few frustrations with extra treats. I need to get back into it on monday. Tues and Thurs are gym days this week for me. I wil try to swim some laps a couple other days. I need to keep moving. I am also going to concentrate on water intake, yogurt and fresh veggies and fruit. Good luck lets see how we do. Maybe we need to challenge each other? What do you think. By friday at least have exercised 3 times or 4 for the week. Calorie counting??????????? Just a thought to motivate us!
  • Carol, YES! I'm ready to embrace the weight loss/regular exercise routine again. Let's exercise 3/4 times by Friday and I'm shooting for 1500 cals a day.

The tri was GREAT! I did it. The .5 swim was tough because there were so many people in the water and I kept bumping into people. It turned out to be my best event (13.11 minutes). The 12 mile hilly bike ride was great. I was strong at this event and I do love biking (45 minutes). The run was grueling - my worst part of the event. I slowly jogged the 2.8 mile run with people cheering me on and supporting me the whole way(32 minutes). I finished the entire event in one hour and 39 minutes - a true accomplishment for a woman who could not even exercise for 30 minutes at a time last summer!!! Thanks for your support in this event. Also there were many, many woman on "health journeys" participating - woman of all sizes and shapes just trying to get in shape and live a healthy life. Very uplifting.

So yes! I'm up for the challenge. Any more takers? Judy? Roll?

I'll check back later today with my intake. Here are my goals.

1. To lose 30 lbs by next June and reach my target weight of 150!
    2. To abstain from alcohol and sweets almost all the time - they really bring me down and are not good for my body.
    3. To reach my next fitness goal - running a 5k race in under 30 miuntes on 9/25.

Thanks again for being here everyone. This thread has made a huge difference in my life!
  • Caroland others, I wonder if we should start Daily Check-In II to try to attract some new people to help keep us inspired too. Just a thought, let me know what you think?
  • A fairly good day. About 1700 cals. I plan to get up early and exercise tomorrow morning. Hope all is well with everyone.
  • Tired lets do it start a new thread. I think its been enough time on this one and we need to have a few extra people as you said to pick us up a bit in our pace to reach our goals. Let me know what, when and how we are going to do this. Your the one with the knowledge here!
    You did great on sunday wow! I can't even think of doing all that in one day! Pat yourself on the back for me cause you deserve it.
    I had a good day yesterday a bit unplanned but all in all was okay in the end. I went to my sisters to swim after work it was really hot and muggy. I swim laps for 1/2 and hr. I really felt it too! No pleasure swimming just exercise yesterday. Then I did have a Mikes lemondade with my friend and one little flavorless cookie. So I guess that was my biggest slip of the day.
    Intake plans for today: bagel w/ lt. cc and coffee 350
    peach 37/
    Lunch= salad w/ walnuts and raisins, tomatoe and cuke , Annies low cal dressing raspberry, fresh green beans/ yogurt
    Fruit 1 40 and 1/2 of a kashi bar 70
    dinner= chicken grilled w/ some hot sauce,corn and fresh green beans
    Yogurt 90 / 1100 calories so far preplanned maybe a low day to make up for yesterdays extras most likely to add a little something else in..
  • Hi Carol, Roll and Judy,

Carol, great job swimming and a nice food plan too. I am really making August "health and fitness month" in this house. It's my first priority.

Let's call the new thread Daily Check In II. I'll start it today. Look for it everyone. Perhaps this will really get us rolling along.
  • Can I join your new thread? I'm back from vacation, and at what I hope is the end of a long period of stress and transitions. I've also managed to regain about five pounds, so I need your support more than ever!

Tired, congratulations on the triathalon, I'm so proud of you! You are such a great role model!

Carol, I am certainly up for a challenge. I want to get back into an almost-daily workout plan, so I will commit to going to Curves and/or doing a gym workout at least four times a week. I have to figure out a new walking route. It's just a ten-minute walk from the bus or Metro to my new job, which I'll appreciate in the winter, but has cut my incidental walking from 50 minutes to less than 20.

I'll keep an eye open for the new thread!

judy
  • Judy, the new thread is on. It's called "Join Us - Daily Check-In II" Marie from my other thread has joined. I know we can have a great new start! I can feel your energy - that's great.
  • Judy you'd better join us and Rollmdl too! I would be disappointed if you didn't we have all been so supportive of each other and that does make a difference. We can do this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    It is never to late to make a difference and thats important to remember don't look back only forward. You can make some changes and will feel better you know the way you did it before. Just got a little off track thats all don't knock yourself for it. Make the changes and feel better. Oh gotta go to work!