Old 06-10-2005, 06:16 AM   #961  
fIREFLY

S/C/G: 179/172.5/165

Height: 5'7''

Oh I did swim last night! Still a bit stressed with the car thing. The guy who is buying my old car hasn't paid it off yet and is making me nervous! No emotional eatting as of yet though. I am going down to see him today!
CC
cacmsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2005, 07:12 AM   #962  
fIREFLY

Hello girls wow was I off on the wrong foot yesterday. But I think I am recovering today. I didn't eat my planned breakfast. I instead stopped for a bagel and coffee on my way to work. Well I ordered a bagel w/c/c lite. Well it must of been the c.c. queen cause she plastered the c.c. on it. I almost had to call a tow truck to carry cream ch. away after I scraped it off my bagel which was buried under the mess. Oh next time I will indeed order it on the side! lunch went as planned,dinner- leftover spaghetti it was okay. Then after the girl scout event we stopped at B.K. with the grandson I ordered a cheese burger and ate a few of his fries! So it was a total wash day! I am pledging to get back to healthy eating today. Yah know what it wasn't even fun cheating on that stuff just junk stuff. What the heck was I thinking????????????? And it didn't even make me feel good. I should of just ate a banana split or something special if I was going to do that huh? Hope your all doing well. Better than my day any ways. Gotta laugh it off and start over today! With my car issues I haven't been to the gym but walked some, swam some. This monday I will get back into the swing of things with exercise planned out. My car issues are resolved at least and I do like the new one. Bigger payments but at least it is nice, dependable transportation. Have a great weekend!
Oh I finally did the scale something I have been avoiding. I am glad I did it only up .5 . I feel pretty good about that considering my mess ups. I was thinking where would I be now if I had watched myself more carefully. But I will take it! That means maybe if I try hard I can reach my goal of 165 by my birthday next month. That would be something to really celebrate about! Maybe this will motivate me I hope so!

Last edited by cacmsc; 06-11-2005 at 07:41 AM.
Old 06-11-2005, 09:57 AM   #963  

Good Morning,
Just a quick update of yesturday's meals - breakfast coffee, lunch 2oz meat and mixed vegi's, dinner chinese food all you can eat need I say more, snack crackers. Have to go to work on a saturday don't want to but need the money to make end meet. Life, what is it really all about? Toddles! Look I just weighed myself and I lost 5 pounds! I am so excited. Look at my little lady she has moved Got to go to work now. Yeah! I can't believe it just little changes and 5 pounds plus I was totally messing up with lunches and some dinners. WOW! I am going to try harder today and I have been drinking more water. Thanks everyone till later

Last edited by chime; 06-11-2005 at 10:15 AM.
chime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2005, 07:15 PM   #964  

S/C/G: 254/236.5/179

Height: 5'6

Way to go, Chime! Carol is absolutely right--every little change helps!

My good news is that I was offered this job I've been lusting after, so I'll be switching to a new office and a much more positive environment by late July. I was so happy yesterday, although sad to start telling friends at work that I'm leaving. In the past I would have celebrated with a huge meal and several drinks. I had a tall chai and a slice of cake instead, which wasn't a perfect option, but several hundred calories better than a pizza and a couple of margaritas

Carol, you are such an inspiration! When other folks fall off the wagon, they drop out of sight. You hang in there and tell it like it is. That shows your level of dedication to this journey. Thanks for being so consistent.

Tired, I hope you are having a lovely weekend, and getting a little rest.

I went to Curves this morning, after having a berry smoothie. I had a protein bar after the workout, and drank one of those Odwalla juices at the grocery store. I had a huge slice of watermelon this afternoon, and an apple and piece of string cheese later (it's in the 90s again, I tend to want fruit and low-effort foods when it's this hot and muggy). I'm steaming a whole catfish, and will have some of that, broccoli and V8 juice for dinner.

Be well, ladies, and keep up the good work!

judy
judydc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2005, 07:30 PM   #965  

Hi all, it's great to hear so much good news. I'm happy about your new job Judy. Chime great news to hear about your weight loss. You can do it Carol. You've done it before. Good for you getting on the scale - something I have to do.

I did the bike part of a triathlon today. It was wonderful! Very beautiful ride and I could do it. It's time to start training for the entire triathlon I signed up for on July 31 - training will officially begin tomorrow morning. This hot weather helps me to eat better - I like that. I also liked being around so many positive, health conscious people. Two of my sons participated and my husband so it was a fun family event. Thanks for all your support.
tiredoffat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2005, 11:37 AM   #966  
fIREFLY

Chime hurray for you way to go! Keep up the good work and you will reach your goal. Rmember slow is better than fast in order to keep it off. So maybe changing slowly is the answer.
Judy good for you on your new job. I changed jobs after 10 years at the school and saying good bye was tough. But I worked really hard at going back to school to get my degree and needed to move forward into my new career. I still see people and enjoy the fact we have stayed in touch not often but I know their still around for me. I like running into folks and chatting. Good luck and thanks for your kind words.
Tired wow you did it! Good for you and signing up for more now that is challenging yourself way to go girl! See its those changes that make it all worth it in the end. You will see that scale slipping in a downward trend soon! I visited the farmers market yesterday and lots of veggies/ fruits etc. My new thing is drinking lots of water with lemon slices. When I go to bed at night I put a glass in the ref. for the a.m. when I first get up before coffee. Its so refreshing and starts me off for the day.
I didn't do too bad yesterday other than a few doritos my grandson shared with me. We swam and did a bit of gardening and walking around. So all in all a pretty good day.
Today: omelet w/ eggs/ cheese little/ fresh spinach/ onions 1 slice of toast
Lunch? fruit I think and some cukes/radishes
Dinner ; chicken grilled br./ salad/ broc/
Snack planned: 1 frozen fruit bar
Lots of water/ swim/gardening
Old 06-12-2005, 08:34 PM   #967  

Thanks for the good ideas and the encouragement Carol. Hello to all. It's so so hot here - I'm sure I'm sweating off a few pounds today.

Lots of healthy food in the house - five more days of school. I can do it. I had a great low cal treat today - here's the recipe: 3/4 cup frozen mango chunks, lots and lots of ice, 1/2-1 c. orange juice and seltzer - a terrific mango-orange smoothie, very refreshing and about 200 cals or less. Great ice cream replacement.
Old 06-13-2005, 06:35 AM   #968  
fIREFLY

Tired your welcome. This site has helped me to pick up on many ideas also. Byt he way the smoothie sounds great. I am going to ck it out. I am having the grandaughters birthday celebration this evening at my house. We are having the family and then a few of her school friends. It will be only a couple of hours. I did alot of the prep. work last night after a swim. I had some energy then. We are ordering pizza's and I made a chef salad and spinach w/ mandarin oranges/ red onion. Kind of a sweet sour dressing. I also have a picnic with 2 of my clients today. So it will be a true test of some will power today. I am please that my wt. is stable and hope that with a few changes I will drop some more #'s down. Wow you get out of school early! My grandkids go until I think the 22nd. Breakfast: cereal w/ splash of milk
yogurt put in the freezer its good!
Picnic lunch
peach
pizza/ spinach salad
strawberries w/cool whip
Swim after the party if it doesn't rain. Lots of water/ crystal light w/ lemon slices.
Old 06-13-2005, 08:23 AM   #969  

Tired--I'm glad the bike ride went well! i'm sure you'll be great in the triathalon.

Carol--good luck making good choices today. You, too, Chime!

Gotta go--I'm late for work.

judy
Old 06-13-2005, 07:15 PM   #970  

Hi all. Still getting closer to phase two of weight loss.
breakfast - apple (100)
lunch - turkey sandwich w/lettuce and tom, pear (500)
snack - ice coffee, 1/2 c. vanilla frappe (my son's - a no, no) 300
dinner - steak, tomatoes, a little rice, fruit salad, carrots, about 7 almonds
That's it for today.

those little carrots make great snackers.

sw210
cw 181
gw 170 (by July 31), 160 (by Sept. 19), 150 (by Christmas)
I'm going to try to weigh in on Mondays. Training starts now! Perhaps I'll fit in a swim tonight - that would feel good.
Old 06-14-2005, 06:41 AM   #971  
fIREFLY

Tired you keep going your intake looks good. Be careful with only having an apple for breakfast. I know if I don't eat a little more breakfast I tend to be really hungry later on. Also its your brain food the start of your day. Sometimes we aren't so hungry or just don't have time sneak in a handful of cheerios or something. I think your doing a real turn around here!
Rollmdl I hope you return soon!
Judy when do you start the new job?
Chime hope your still going strong!
I had about 30 people over last night for the birthday bash for the kids. It really worked out well we could of been a bit more organized but all in all it went fine. The kids had a ball. They ran under the sprinkler, made crafts, played games and ate pizza and cup cakes, ice cream. The best part was my grandaughters loved having it at grandma's and grandpah's. They are so cute! The party was done at 8:30 the thunder storm rolled in at 8:50 I got 5 min. in the pool and lightening hit we got out quick. But were lucky to have it hold out til then. Most of the company were outside so all in all the house doesn't look to bad for having so many!
Today is a busy day work and then working tonight at a school district. I am on a panel for special ed. parents. Those whom have children with special needs aging out of school so its transition time. They need info. and questions answered another coworker and I are attending. So it makes for a real long day!
I will try to just count calories today dinner out inbetween things. No time to run home. Oh I fit into my new dress I bought last year on sale and it was too tight then. I am so pleased with that. What a nice feeling it will remind me to eat healthy today!
Old 06-14-2005, 07:13 PM   #972  

Well, today was an especially bad eating day. It's so hot they closed the DC public schools early (it's the last day, anyway), and I couldn't bear the thought of going to the gym, but I did get my 25-minute walk in on the way to the office. But we had lots of desserts brought in for meetings this afternoon, and I indulged....a couple of times. I feel a mite ill right now, to tell you the truth I thought that eating lots of the salad would help me ignore all the high-quality cakes and pastries, but that wasn't enough. I didn't reach down inside myself for reinforcement, I just succumbed.

I broke the news about my departure to several more people, it's been another difficult day. An email went around at the end of the day, so now it's official, and tomorrow I'll be fielding calls from folks from other offices. But things are moving forward. I'll start my new job in mid-July.

Carol, the b-day party sounds like it was lots of fun! Congratulations on being able to get into your dress. I know that feels wonderful, you know you're making real progress.

Tired, Chime, I hope you're well--judy
Old 06-15-2005, 06:04 AM   #973  

Hi all. Judy, I had a day like yours yesterday, but today is a new day and we can do it. Like you, I have to dig deep for motivation. I also have to get to the gym because the exercise actually makes me want to eat better and less.

Carol, I'm glad that the party went well. It sounds like lots of fun. You are the grandmother every child dreams of.

breakfast - nice, big, healthy non fat yogurt, strawberry-banana smoothie (350)
coffee
plan:
lunch - apple, carrots, cheese stick (300)
snack - kashi bar (130)
exercise - 30 minutes on treadmill or cross trainer
dinner - light???

sw210
cw 181
gw 150 by Dec, 170 by Aug, 160 by mid Sept.
this week weight loss goal - 2lbs, let's see if I can do it!
Old 06-15-2005, 06:30 AM   #974  
fIREFLY

Wow it must of been in the air Judy! I did great for breakfast and lunch but after that the ball dropped all the way. Oh well it happens and as Tired said today is a new day.I will say that it was most likely some emotional eating. I don't speak in front of a group that often and of course on the panel I had to be the first one. But it went well and I think I gave the parents some valuable information. I actually enjoyed promoting my department with my other coworker. Tim and I have worked together for almost 7 years. He used to be my supervisor and decided it was too much demand and now does the same position as me. At any rate they gave us a gift for speaking and coming to the meeting. Oh they were choc. covered cashews not any bigger than a quarter. Well on the way home I opened mine ate about 8. Just couldn't stop myself. Oh but when I reached my home and read the calories I almost died. 150 for every 2 pieces!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Not such a smart move that dress will never fit again at that rate! I gave them to the hubby and said eat them all and hide them I can't bear to see them again. It will be okay I know but what the heck wouldn't yah think I would of only eaten 2 or maybe 4. So between that and eating chinese for dinner it was a blow out day. At least the meeting went well and it was just a bit of relief I guess. But not smart at all.
Well today I will be better and make some good choices. The devil just gets us sometimes so Judy don't feel alone you had some company yesterday! But today is a new day. I will say I felt a bit sick too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Its a wonder I slept last night with that 8:30 sugar high!
I'll ck in later on with my todays intake no more than 1400 cal.'s!
Oh Tired I remember my own grandma making huge pan pizza's for a party I was giving. I guess that my memories of my grandparents are pretty strong and I want to have that same thing for my kids. I am so blessed to have them living so close only 4 min. away. But with my son in Hawaii it makes up for it a little.
Old 06-15-2005, 09:00 PM   #975  
fIREFLY

Just a quick ck in for myself! I counted calories today and I am up to 1330 and it is 8:58 so I am going to have a little bowl of fresh strawberries! Figure 1430 for today. Not so bad I did have a few doritos but I counted them so I should be okay! hope your all doing well today!