Daily Check-In

You're on Page 2 of 71
Go to
  • Morning all;
    Well, hard drive went on puter this morning. Luckliy I have a laptop w/wireless. Having a bad morning. So, far didn't eat a good breakfast. Had my same ol stand by of toast w/peanut better. I did not use as much PB as normal. But, it is just the beginning of the day. Doing curves today. Try to do better the rest of the day. Has anyone heard of Marina Kamons. She has an exercise video out. She was on "I Lost It". I will have to look into that. Well, off to get some cleaning done. Talk to you guys later.
    Chipper
  • Good morning!
    All & all yesterday was a pretty good! I have gotten a little easier on myself. I am really trying to stick with South Beach, but it is sooo hard for me to completely cut the carbs, so I decided that even if I don't strictly stick to it, I have begun eating better & cut my calories extremely!!

As you saw in my preivous post:
    Breakfast: scrambled eggs
    Snack: protein drink(now fat cottage cheese, water, cocoa-the baking kind)
    Lunch: salad consisting of all veggies with a little salad dressing & 1 hard boiled egg
    Snack: celery, V8 juice, 1 SMALL oatmeal cookie
    Dinner: 8oz skin lactaid, 1/2 cup of pasta with sauce(homemade) & sausage
    No after dinner snacking, which is a BIG accomplishment.
    Exercise consisted of walking down 7 flights of stairs at work twice (my knee cannot handle the up yet). A small victory, but a victory none the less!!!

Todays menu:
    Breakfast-protein drink & a hard boiled egg
    Snack: string low fat cheese
    Lunch: salad & some sauce & sausage
    Snack:string cheese & V8
    Dinner:?????
    Exersice: I will do the stairs again and try to do the 1.88 mile walk from the train station to my house , we will see if time allows it.

Everyone have a great day!!! And keep up the good word, remember, even a small victory is a victory
  • Hi all. Great encouragement as always. I'm back on because I'm dying to pig out, not because I'm hungry, just because it feels good. Tamaralyn - great weight loss. Chipper - I don't think pb and toast is a bad breakfast? My sister always has that and she's in tip top shape! I guess it's just important to choose healthy pb and good bread and watch the portions.

breakfast - plain yogurt, strawberry, banana smoothie (300)
    lunch?
    dinner?

exercise plan - tough to fit in today due to other matters, but I think I'll try to make a late evening workout on the ex. machine
  • man, I suck
    Sorry I wasn't onyesterday, and I really don't have time to chronicle right now, but I plan to later...... suffice it to say that I am very, very poroud of everyone! Also, I'm behaving, too! Yay!
    kerry
  • Kerry, how old is your baby. It's a beautiful picture. It's great that you're staying on track.

lunch - salad, lots of veggies, cheese, dressing (600)
    late afternoon snack/mini dinner - peanut butter smoothie - plain yogurt, a little milk, 2 tbs healthy pb, banana, ice (450)

Total so far 1350 oops I forgot the watermelon - make that 1450 just about quota.

I managed to fit in a mini swim - about a 1.4 mile - just 20 min. but it felt very good.
  • Evening all:
    Great on you mini swim. Bet that felt good. I have done fairly well today. I had a homemade burger for lunch, spaghetti w/bread for dinner. Did curves today. Tomorrow will be a trying day. I have to have an extensive allergy test done. It is going to take at least 4 hours. I had to stop my BP medication for this test,so feeling weird and tired right now. Hope everyone had a good day. Remember one day less of bad habits and one more day closer to being where you want to be in life.
    Cathy
  • Good luck with the allergy test Cathy - not fun. I hope you can bring something to get your mind off it like a good book or magazine article. I'm on again because I'm craving food again. Once again not hungry, just a bit tired . I'll spend some time planning our weekend getaway that's coming up. Take care. Thanks for listening.
  • How's everyone doing today. I woke up famished and missed my workout. I'll fit something in later today - I'm not sure what yet.

breakfast: coffee (too much!), two eggs, one piece of toast, one orange (about 400)
    lunch plan??
    dinner plan??

I'm going grocery shopping so I need to buy some healthy food.
    Have a good day all!

sw210/cw205/gw150
  • Good morning! Must be something in the air cuz I was starving when I woke up & I try not to eat during my commute because then I sit at my desk & eat again. I managed to hold out though.

Breakfast: coffee and hard boiled egg
    Snack: stringy cheese
    Lunch: salad & I may treat myself to non fat frozen yogurt. I always have to make a deal with myself though, I can have the yogurt if I take the stairs down & back up to get it (7 flights).
    Dinner: ???? I will cross that bridge after my test at school. Maybe a small cup of chili at Wendy's. Or I will skip it all together. I know that is not good, but I refuse to eat anything after 8pm. It is so hard commuting from Providence,RI to Boston,MA every day. By the time I get home & get anything made for dinner, it is no earlier then 7pm. I found that is one of my major downfalls.

Looks like it'll be a good day! Take a nice walk by the river at lunch & I have a job interview today. YAY!! Wish me luck.

Have a great day everyone!!
    Heidi
  • Good luck with the job interview. I can understand the commute hardship - that's difficult. Great breakfast.

I have the same trouble with dinner. Friends of mine have salad every night and just add things. That's the busiest time in this house so I'm wondering if a salad bar every night might not be a bad idea. I'd have some pasta, perhaps chicken and other add ins each night so the kids could have a good dinner too. I want to try the crock pot too. - Just thinking out loud.

lunch 1/2 sandwich at panera - turkey, veggies, dressing and bread (I figure 500 cals - a lot because of the type of bread and dressing) I opted for the 1/2 sandwich and soup. My son ate the soup and I had the sandwich. Ordinarily I'd have the whole thing, a weighty drink, and a cookie - so this was a good choice for me.

break - coffee and milk (110 cals for the milk)

daily total so far - 1010 (I'm now shooting for 1500 a day so that doesn't leave me with much more, I'll probably have a salad for dinner)

exercise - still haven't found the time but I'm hoping to do the treadmill at 3
  • Tiredoffat---- how do you count your calories? I have the hardest time doing that. Is there a book or guide I can purchase?

BTW, interview went well. It would be a completely different type of position & I really hope I get it.
  • I bought a little calorie book at the bookstore and I read the labels on food and measure. That works most of the time. It's working because I'm down another two pounds. I was starving this afternoon. On another site a woman said never let yourself go hungry instead eat fruit or veggies. I ate protein too.

dinner/snack - pb/wheat stone crackers (210), cheese (200), apple (100) 510

It's only 4:48 and I've had all my calories, so if I'm really starving around 7 - I'll have a veggie only salad for a couple hundred more calories. I may have to go back to allowing myself between 1500 and 2000 a day.

Great workout - 25 minutes on ex machine, about 10 minutes swimming. My body aches though from all this exercise
  • forgot to add this

sw210/cw203/gw150
  • Evening all:
    Everyone did so good today. Hope you get the job! Tiredoffat I have a sister who lives in Tiverton RI and my mom lives in West Port MA.It sure is pretty up there. Well, the allergy test was painful. Had 95 pokes in the back and another 15 to 20 shot pokes in each arm. About the 9th to the very last poke showed I was allegic to Dust Mites of all things. Now, I have to go through my room and get rid of the feather comforter and feather pillow and feather bed (that sits on top of mattress). I love those things. But, it has to be things that are cotton and can be washed every 7 to 12 days in hot water. My husband said we aren't getting rid of the carpet, so, am looking on line for a cleaner for dust mites. Doctor said they have them out there. I couldn't beleive all that poking and every last few it shows. I did bring a book called Diet Simple. I tells all about how the small things you change what the calories saved per year are. Interesting book. Funny how I should bring that to read. I am reading another reg. fiction also. Didn't read that at all. My eating was pretty good today. Although I was at the doctors for 4 1/2 hours. I was sure hungry for dinner when I got home. I didn't eat much, with all the information going through my head. This allergy also causes asthama(sp). which surprised me, that is why I wheeze so much. I told him I thought it was because of my weight, why I had shortness of breath and wheeze. He said "YOUR WEIGHT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH IT" Now that was something strange to hear from a doctor. He had to tell me that a few times to sink in. Well, now I just can't wait to start feeling better and I make the changes and start new medication. A whole new me. YEA!! Well, it's late and I am tired. Night all and talk to you tomorrow.
    Chipper
  • Chipper, keep me up to date on your allergies. I have allergies too. I take a daily dose of flonase and an allergy medicine Allegra. It helps a lot. I've never had the testing done though. Did you get any good tips from the diet book.

It was a hard day for me at the end - lots of family events, hunger. I went to the store and bought lots of fruit for the fruit bowl. Then I had a big bunch of grapes which put my calories up a bit, but not like a strawberry sundae would so I'm satisfied.

I can see that the diet for our whole family will be changing. I've got to learn how to cook more low cal veggie dishes - that's the hardest food group for me to eat because it seems to take more time.

Take care. I enjoy your emails.