3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   Daily Check-In (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/45134-daily-check.html)

FatMommaCat 09-25-2004 11:56 AM

Hi ladies... sorry I have been MIA for a while. I started a my new position at work finally and it has taken a lot out of me considering I am still working on finishing up the data entry for my research assistant position that should be over with next week. I haven't exercised much besides the fact that my new job is more physical than my last one (desk job).

I did manage to lose 3 pounds since the last time I weighed myself. This is even though there are always rolls or cookies or bagels or indian tacos or dilly bars, I could go on and on, at work. This is probably because I do so much standing and walking and lifting, etc... at work now. I think I am finally settled into my position now and next week I want to start walking during my breaks (haven't been taking them much lately) and try to find a time to exercise every day. I have been eating well, but not counting anything lately either. I have been having an apple for breakfast, simple lunch like a rice bowl (bowl appetite) or indian taco one day. Then for my afternoon break (when I take it) I have been having yogurt. I also spread out a serving of peanuts and a little pack of cheese filled cracker sandwiches (jalapeno flavored at that!) amongst the whole day. If I am not satisfied after any break, I just eat a few peanuts and a cracker sandwich thingy, etc... you get the idea. I have actually gotten to the point the last couple days that I bring home most of the pack of crackers (I love peanuts too much to not eat them... lol). Dinners haven't been the greatest, but they haven't been too bad either. I had 2 tacos and a half order of potato oles one night, a lean pocket another, a rice bowl and some deer sausage another, etc... last night I had a couple little pieces of pizza (square cut) and some little wieners in bbq sauce (bar food).

Anyways, welcome to the new ladies! I will have to try to catch up on everyone's recent posts. Hopefully I will be able to find the time to check in each or at least every other day now! Good luck to everyone!!

tiredoffat 09-25-2004 12:18 PM

Welcome Cute. Boy you've done great so far.

Julie, I'm sorry to hear that you're feeling blue - how's the weather? Is it one of those gray days without sunshine - that often brings me down or are you just plain tired, another reason I sometimes feel blue. Whatever it is, please know that I've gained so much from your wonderful, positive, nurturing encouragement. You truly are a warm person.

I just got off the phone with my sister. She's really working at encouraging me with my 11/21 race goal. I want to run the 3 miles. Today we have company coming from out of town so we've been cleaning, cleaning, clearning our very messy, tired house (we need quite a bit of repair - to come in the future). Next I'll be shopping and cooking. So I guess that will be my exercise. My sister, who is a great athlete, told me that to fit in three days a week. On one day run as much as I can at one time and the next day break it up with a little running, then walking, then running until I reach about double my straight running time. I'll try that. In fact, we're bringing the kids for a swim tonight and I think I'll grab 30 minutes of that on the machine. Thanks for listening. It helps me to plan. Hope everyone has a good day.

I'm Living 09-25-2004 05:56 PM

G,day everyone hope your all well welcome to CUTE you,ve done so well keep up the good work you,re in good company here, Hi tired thanks for the words of comfort and positive input the weather here is beautiful nice warm spring days yeah I,m a bit tired it,s just this time of year I lost my dad 3and a half years and his birthday is coming up I guess I just miss him but hay I,ll bounce back can,t keep me down for long to much life to live your sister sounds really positive I know you,ll do it you,ll run that 3 miles and some you go girl hope all goes well with your company is,nt funny how your house can be clean and tidy but when company is coming we freak out and scrub from top to bottom well thats it for now keep up the good work everyone bye JULIE

tiredoffat 09-26-2004 08:02 AM

Hi all, just checking in. Momma it seems like your message slipped in as I missed it last time. I think you're doing great with portion control - that's something I have to work on. Although I've been counting calories, I've been a little loose with some things like portions of apple sauce and squash. Since my activity has been less, I think I may have to drop my total calorie amount again. I'm hoping that I can psych myself out for a real push in the next two months before all the holiday temptations start.

Thanks all for the encouragement.

tiredoffat 09-26-2004 05:06 PM

Hi all - I just couldn't get satisfied today. I had to do a lot of cooking for company and then a lot of housework yesterday. I'm exhausted and definately ate more than I should have. Anyways, the visit went well and the house is nice and clean and tomorrow will be another fresh start.

breakfast - frittata (200)
lunch - squash, applesauce, pork, green beans, a few potatoes (600)
snacks: 4 plums, smoothie (500)
bowl of peanuts (500)
1800 total, no more eating for today. What I really need is sleep. When I'm tired I eat too much. Rest is important. Have a good evening!

I'm Living 09-26-2004 05:54 PM

Morning everyone well it is here downunder just dropped in to say hope your all well glad to hear your doing OK cat hope you enjoy your new position at work and all goes well good work on losing another 3lbs , happy that your visit went well for you tired and your house is in order, but you sound like a nice person so I think they would have noticed that more than what your house was like,anyway hope you all have a good one stay focused & BLESSED BE JULIE

babytoes 09-26-2004 06:10 PM

First Daily Check In

Hello! I am a pretty new user and I thought this was a fantastic thread to boost moral so kudos to you! I'm kind of in a rut now. Today I had half a tv dinner for breakfast (ugh) which was not satisfying at all and 400 calories ta-boot. Then I had a small bag of guacamole doritos. (500 calories) For exercise I'm going to take a hike with my dog later which hopefully will chop of some of those cals!

cutekins 09-26-2004 06:32 PM

Hello! Today has been a pretty good day. I worked out for the first time in a week because of the cold that I had.
Breakfast: Amy's breakfast burrito
Lunch: Subway turkey sandwich on wheat with spicy mustard (not mayo!) and veggies
Dinner: Baked mesquite chicken and corn on the cob
Water: only 32 oz so far, but still working on it.

hblank 09-27-2004 04:29 PM

Hey all!! Seeing I have been MIA lately, I figure tomorrow will be day 1 of the restart of the healthier life! Last week was so crazy with 2 of my co-workers out & the patients still call & come in, I was grabbing lunch and dinner when I could & grabbing whatever I could put y hands on.
Tomorrow, up at 4:15a & back to the gym before work, then it is going to be a long, physically tiring day as we are getting all new filing cabinets & guess who gets to load/unload all the patient charts?? Yup, ME!!! Well, it will be good for me. Hopefully, I will be able to check in more often, and I only browsed the posts, but everyone is doing great! Keep it up!

I'm Living 09-27-2004 05:59 PM

G,day everyone just checking in before I get to my :rolleyes: workout, glad to here your all doing well my day has started off OK had an egg on a slice of multigrain toast and some dry fried mushrooms and bacon 4points on ww not to bad ;) not much to say this morning so keep focused talk to you later bye for now :thanks: FOR JUST BEING THERE , BLESSED BE JULIE

tiredoffat 09-27-2004 06:50 PM

Hi all,

Life has been very hectic. I've really got to find a better balance, that's what I'll be thinking about tonight. Decent eating day though.

Hblank - welcome back. I missed you! All that moving tomorrow will be an excellent workout - can you listen to music while you do it. I need a fresh start with all this too - I'll join you.

breakfast - piece of raisin toast
snack - four apricots
lunch - salad with chicken and a tiny bit of cheese - no dressing, croutons or bread
snack - 3 plums, ice coffe with 1% milk
dinner - leftovers: pork, squash, green beans
I'd say about 1500 in all - I kept the portions low.
Thanks everyone for all the positive encouragement and example. Believe me it is helping. I'm really fighting an uphill battle right now with all of this weight loss stuff and I'm realizing that my life is off balance. I really have to think about priorities and how to balance.

p.s. Have you every seen Malcolm in the Middle - it's a lot like my life except I only have three boys.

kgirl 09-27-2004 07:00 PM

Hello everyone !

I'm new to the site and I like the idea of a daily check-in, although it may be more of an "every other day" check-in for me. Started watching what I eat and exercising back in January. Mostly counting calories and adding in more veggies and fruits to my diet. SW-176/CW-160/GW-145

For breakfast, I had fat-free yogurt plus a cup of coffee with real cream (my treat for myself on work days). :coffee:

Lunch. Oops. Normally I bring a salad or a Lean Cuisine. Forgot to bring it so I ended up eating another yogurt (had an extra on in the 'fridge at work) plus two apples. I bring in 3-lb bags of apples to work, replenishing them weekly. I hate it when I forget to bring lunch ! :^:

Dinner - sandwich made from white chicken meat on low-fat bread with low-fat southwestern mayo and carrot sticks. Another apple.

Foods I didn't eat today : No Mike & Ike candies ! My boss keeps a big jar of them in his office. I end up eating a handful most days. Today I was determined to NOT eat any and I actually followed through! Hurray !

Exercise : no treadmill today. I will post this note and then head out to mow the lawn. Not much exercise but my son has reminded me that I agreed to do the lawn the next time it needed it. What was I thinking ?!? :dizzy:

Thanks for being here. Love the words of encouragement and knowing that others who struggle each day with their weight, just like I do, can still can be happy, positive, people. I want to be one of you !!

I'm Living 09-27-2004 09:27 PM

G,day kgirl and welcome from downunder you sound like your off to a flying start congrats on your weight loss so far keep up the good work your in good company here I,ve been at this site for about 2wks since I started on the weight loss journey again and everyone here is really encouraging and positive with their input this is my second check in for the day really fighting the craving the cravings for chips today so thought I ,d drop in and say hi before I,m tempted to give in to the dark side called unhealthy food, Hey tired you try to stay focused you inspire me with the hectic lifestyle you leed three boys work and the weight you,ve already lost WOW if you can keep it up I ,m sure I can my life is no ware as busy as yours so I have to give myself a good talking to, cravings for chips really what am I thinking I, m going to get up and move instead thanks guys for just being there to rave onto at times it really helps well bye for now keep focused BLESSED BE JULIE

tiredoffat 09-27-2004 10:38 PM

Hi everyone! Like you Julie, I'm checking in for some strength and you've given it to me along with all the other wonderful women on this site. I hope you resisted those chips - how about throwing them out then the temptation won't be there or does your husband really like them. It's so nice to have someone like you who understands what it's like to have a hectic life and be able to give some support. I appreciate it. I hope your compassion rubs off on me.

Kgirl - you have great food ideas! I'm really interested in new, healthy, easy, easy food ideas. I really should bring some yogurts to work - that's a fine back-up for days when I forget my lunch too. 16 lbs is an awesome weight loss. Keep in touch. The more people the greater the support! Thanks.

sw210/cw193/gw150

synn1977 09-27-2004 10:58 PM

Hey all.....last two days have been a bit off track as far as eating goes, but I have been walking every night. So in my mind, one is balancing the other. As soon as WWE is off the air tonight, the BF and I are going for a walk.

Tomorrow we are going to see Shaun of the Dead at our local mall, which by the way is huge, and then who knows. Tomorrow also marks week 4 (1 month of WW) longest I have stuck with something to get healthy in about 15 years! God, I have been dieting for 15 years....boy am I aging myself.

Nothing spectacular to eat today just a bolo (portugese english muffin) a lean cuisine (chicken with almonds....which btw kicked much booty) and dinner was 2 small slices of turkey meatloaf and a quarter cup au gratin potatoes. So if I has to guess I would say my points are around 25, if that!

Lemme see....Bolo was 3 Points; lean cuisine was 5 points, meatloaf (both pieces) 6 points, and the potatoes 3 points....that totals: 17 points....So I guess I am doing better than I thought! It just gets easier day by day I guess!!!