Old 08-16-2004, 02:50 PM   #31  

Well, took my old girl Angel to the vet. I was hopeful that we finally had her teeth under control. But she has a few on the bottom on one side that are going to be pretty bad soon. So, we did blood work today to see if she is ok to handle anesthesia and have those pulled and the rest cleaned, whatever will be left. Pretty soon she will need kitty dentures! Poor old girl. On the bright side, we caught these before they got so bad that she couldn't eat and lost weight. If all is ok on her labs, looking at next week probably.

I also got one of the spare bedrooms partially shampooed. I'm waiting for the carpets to dry enough to move the bed to the other side and finish. I've got 2 fans, so it shouldn't take long.

Marti - How can James keep up with such an irratic schedule? I'm tired just thinking about it! Jhanai is a sweetie!

Julie - I remember those days of working and clinical or sitting in the classroom all day. I'm not sure which is worse! Believe it or not, you will be floored by how much you don't know when you get out of school! Makes you wonder what you did the whole time! You'll be done soon, won't you?

Cristi - You're down to 96.5? Wow, what plan are you on? Wrong or not, it's still fun to see! Someday I'm sure I'll miss my Grandma's cookies. Right now, I wish they would get off of my butt, hips, and thighs!

Jana - Glad you had a good time over the weekend. My brother lives in Champaign. I don't talk to him much, we never were close, can't say I even like him that much. We are just very different. Oh, I hate shopping for jeans. I can never find a pair that fits. Proportionately, my hips and thighs are bigger than my waist, so either they are skin tight on my butt and legs or gapping at the waist, or worse yet, both! UGH!

Shanna - Do what Mamma Jana says, get in touch with a school advisor. There may be grants or scholarships you don't know about. Who knows. Go find out.

Well, I suppose that's it for now. I have more stuff to do today. Of course. Don't we all!

Jen
Dolphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2004, 03:43 PM   #32  

Height: 5'1"

Another quick one...

I got a call from my sister who lives in Florida...I was so glad she called because of all the Hurricane talk on the news. Her area was on Level C (what that means I don't know) and her and her family evacuated to go to Tampa....and instead of getting away from the Hurricane went right to it!! She was frightened to say the least and worried about if she would have a house to go back to. But her neighborhood didn't get touched and she probably would have been safer staying home!!

I told her that she needs to move back to Oregon...but she's spoiled now and loves the weather and can't see going back to all the rain Oregon has. But her husband may try for a job in Colorado....that would be closer.

I had to come in here and share the news that my sister was ok (even though I haven't talked about it, I have been worried like crazy!) And we talked for an hour. In fact, her and her youngest daughter we lounging by their pool!! Such is the life eh?

BBL!!
Marti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2004, 05:10 PM   #33  

Hello Ladies--

Just can't keep me away today can you?

Jhanai is taking a nap so I thought I would take this moment to do my individuals.

Mindee--I hope you are able to post some photos soon of the baptism. Sounded so sweet. I can still remember Jhanai being a wee one!!

Angie--The idea of walking around the field during football is an excellent idea. Wonder if I can get Jhanai to join football? She is not into sports at all...try to get her to, but she prefers the singing and the plays. Rather act. So that's all good. She's looking forward to getting back into Choir.

Shanna--I am so sorry that the company won't work with you!! You do need to go to the advisor and explain to her what is happening. (if your advisor won't work with you find another one...I'll give you the name to mine if you need it) They are there to help you be able to go through school AND to help you find some job that will help you financially. I am keeping my fingers crossed, sending good vibes your way and praying for you that everything will turn out ok.

Jana--I am interested on how WW is going to change things that you don't have to count points. That is all I've ever heard about WW! You are having such GREAT results with what you're doing and I think you should stick with what you're doing. Unless of coarse it's something much easier and you can lose even more. But I am going to try my best and do what I can to follow half a**ed and see what happens. When I get more money then I may venture and follow it more carefully.

Cristi--Holy Cow!! Girl....you've lost too much weight!! I think if I saw that I would be dancing around naked in the house and have James look at me wondering what in the world has gotten into me and I'd just say..."I'm looking darn good for weighing only 96.5lbs!!" That is crazy since you just bought the scale recently!!

Julie--The photo is an eye opener isn't it? I sent it to my friend not to long ago, because he's been trying to lose weight....he's in his 50's and is wanting to be thinner than what he is. So I try to help. (if only I can take my own advice)

Jen--I have no idea how James handles his schedule! Most of the time he's sitting in the hotel room waiting for his call to go out. And some of the time, the train is deadheaded (or something like that) which means, they can't move until the next train passes them by. So they sit on the train. Bizarre. But he is on the extra board right now which means that he fills in for anyone who takes a day off....and he gets paid everyday no matter what! So he's been looking at the positive side of things. (he already has his "I want this" list!)

Thank you all for your get well wishes for Jhanai. She is went to my room this afternoon to take a nap and is still asleep. I went in there half an hour ago to check on her and she told me that she just doesn't feel good and would like to sleep a little longer. I told her ok but she'll need to get up soon to eat something and drink some fluids. Poor thing.....I hate seeing her feel bad. She's wanting to get better so her dad can take her to the county fair this week!!

I am doing laundry today. I managed to find a few loads to do......Angie...did you sneak over here and pile your stuff at my house? Then I plan on organizing my counter tops. I have one corner that is driving me crazy!! Near the phone where all my mail and other "papers" manage to find a home. Time to recycle and throw away some junk!! So that is on my agenda for the day.

I will check in later
Old 08-16-2004, 07:20 PM   #34  

Guess who?!

I just got a call from HR at OML. When he first talked to me he said something that I thought saying that the team didn't think I was a good canidate for the job! So I asked him if he would mind repeating what he said and he said that they all thought that I was a STRONG canidate for the job!!

I was shocked and said "Really? I was so nervous I didn't know what to think!" He told me I did fine and just needs some more information to mail out to him!! I think I got the job!!

Have no idea when it would all start but I'm happy. Idea's of saving money are reeling in my head!!

I just had to come in here and share my news! boy...what a load off my shoulders it is!
Old 08-16-2004, 07:33 PM   #35  
Give me strength

S/C/G: 299/261/250

HURRRAYYYYY for Marti on her maybe job!

Glad to know your sister and family are alright.

Well Cristi, that is a major weight loss, we will be seeing you on Oprah soon I guess....lol

Well need to clean the kitchen and pull the last load out of the dryer...ahhhh now I just need to fold everything...*sigh then put away...arghhh
Angie
da fat n da furious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2004, 07:39 PM   #36  

Default Good Evening

Hi Folks,
well Im heading to bed early tonight, but I wanted to check in first!!!

Jen : It's funny that you said how much you realize you dont even know
once you graduate!!! Sometimes now I feel like Im in left field
somewhere, which is the only bad part about having to work full time
while focusing on school work...I'm just too tired sometimes... I hope to
graduate the 1st of the year and I've been doing clinical since february
so far, so the end is kinda in sight!!

Marti : Congrats on the good news, I hope that you get it!!! What exactly is
the job for?? I think I missed that part somehow!!!

Cristi : I happened to catch your thread on books...Its funny because even
though I dont have much time for leisure reading, a friend at work
gave me " The Notebook" to read today. I have been hearing everyone
talk about the movie that's out now on...People say it's excellent, so
I Hope to start reading that tonight before bed... I'll let ya know..
Im into mysteries, and family stories...Not so much love tales!!! If you
happen upon anything that you just cant put down, let me in on it!!!

Well everybody, I'll catch up with you all sometime tomorrow, have a great
night and good luck making healthy choices!!!!!

Julie
jewels2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2004, 09:38 PM   #37  
GmaTo8

Good evening, ladies,

Cristi - jeez louise, I have to have your diet secrets, lol!! About the survey snafu, I don't know why it would say that! At least you tried, and I thank you for that.

Julie - I didn't eat just the soup. I ate all my points and also ate the soup to help fill me up while I was getting used to the diet. I tailored it later to include a small amount of pasta, but then had to count it, of course. What I like about it is you can add the free veggies you like and leave out the ones you don't.

Jen - taking the right care of pets is expensive, isn't it? Do you have pet insurance? We don't, but I know others who do.

Marti - glad your sister is ok. My countertop area by the phone is the messiest place in my kitchen, too! I keep the kitchen table clean because we eat there together every night, but that one part of the counter gets way out of control, lol. Glad you are giving Jhanai lots of fluids - we don't want her to get dehydrated!

Well, I got interrupted by a looonnng phone call, so if anyone posted while I was writing this, hello to you, too!

Talk to you tomorrow...
Jane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2004, 10:02 PM   #38  

wow- it took me an hour to read all the posts from the last time i posted which was last night at bedtime. lol
so hello everyone---
marti- as for the exercise challenge, i thought we could just continue on the same thread and rename it when it gets long like we do all the rest. i would be nice if we took the time to say that we exercised but not disclose how much so that it will be a huge surprise on sunday. lol im glad to hear that your sister in fl is well. that was scary. my hubbys brother lives there and so does my dads uncle and i was worried sick. yeah on the news about "might" getting the job. i am keeping my fingers crossed.

Jana-- i agree with the water before a meal too. but, the midwife said that the warmth of the soup does something too. i dunno. as for the wt loss scrapbook, i may do that, the only thing is, it wont be pretty. unless i mail it all to marti and have her fix it. lol
the surprise visit from ds sounds lovely.

mindee-- sounds like the baptism went really well.

angie-- great idea to walk while ds is doing the football thing. getting other mommies involved will be great for them too. lol plus, it will make the time fly.

shanna-- i hate to hear about your financial situation. try talking to your advisor like everyone else said and getting foodstamps is not the most horrible thing in the world. remember that everytime you get a paycheck and it says "tax deduction" on it, that money is used to fund state programs such as foodstamps, medicaid and clothing vouchers, etc. i wish i could get them. i would spend them proud. lol lots of veggies. hehe anyway, i will keep you in my thoughts and send good vibes your way as well.

well, i better go to bed so that i can get up and exercise in the morning.
hope everyone is doing well.
good nite.
tj
tjmarco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2004, 10:06 PM   #39  

TJ--You just answered the question I had on the other thread. (I had to go back and edit since I did put how much time I put in)

Oh man!! Being interrupted as I type....I will be back later....
Old 08-16-2004, 10:09 PM   #40  

jana- did the survey!!!

marti- thanks for playing my little mind game. lol

tj
tjmarco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2004, 10:09 PM   #41  
kitty Momo

Aaaaaargh!!! You people write tooooooo much!! lol

Hard to keep up, wanna kick something in frustration, geez.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY Mindee Wonderful that Brandon was baptized, how exciting!!

Congrats Marti!! I am glad you are getting some positive feedback on your job interview!!

Cristi- share some of that weight loss with the rest of us!! lol

Jen- is there such a thing as kitty dentures?? I never heard of that, hope your Angel is feeling better.

Chin up Shanna!!!!! There is always an answer to problems that we have to face. I 2nd the listen to Ma Jana advice! Hope you don't stay away!

ok, I puttered out. I can't remember everthing!!

Welcome back Jana - missed you. Isn't Cable Guy sweet?? I will cut and paste another one from this morning. We were talking about Gaby's dad and me buying candy for the office.
btw- Gaby went with her father yesterday. He contiued his CS saga on Thursday by calling and saying it had came back to him undeliverable. He was asking what I wanted him to do with the money order. I said "mail it back". So, Saturday night we talked about him picking up Gbay and I asked if he had mailed it.
He said no. I said why. He said he didn't know why......he just didn't think he should have to because I was getting the CS from the state........lol whatEVER......
anyway here is Cable Guys email.....we meet tomorrow!! YAY

gee it sounds like your ex is like my ex in as much as no clue on how to parent ,to her in my opinion she sees the kids as a way to manipulate and use like a commodity i dont play games with her, she trys to get me upset but that is when i just leave it to god.ive been doing this for 7 plus years so im a pro at dodging the manipu,control game, i have empathy for you.the best revenge is to live a christ centered good life!! so you are in charge of the candy jar it really is amazing how some of those little things mean so much....ya! the simple things..... like tootsie rolls....lol well we are off to the pool thanks for writing back. write later, Cable Guy
Mom2Gaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2004, 10:19 PM   #42  
kitty Momo

oh- here is his first email from this morning. He was telling what him and his kids had done on Sunday. Just trying to see if you agree that he is normal???? lol.............sometimes I think I have poor judgement!! lol

oh, btw- 143.5!! on weigh in Saturday. YAY

we played putt,putt at safari sams it is a jungle gym slash arcade, putt, putt place...lol it is a wild place where kids can go and tear it apart!! ha!ha!ha! we had fun. the kids and i are going swimming at my friends pool over in ________, my daughter is a water dog and just loves the WADDER, i think it will only be 84.today so it should be nice, i will pray for little gabby,is it hard to see her go for you? if it is i understand.i hope your day is wonderfull and as we all need to do just keep your thoughts on jesus and pray without ceasing for all things. i will write later! Cable Guy
Old 08-16-2004, 10:34 PM   #43  

I thought I'd pop in here one last time tonight. I've been fighting a migraine all darn day and I've just about had it. Apparently my meds I started a couple weeks ago are doing nothing, I even doubled the dosage last week. UGH. I figured I would feel like this today, yesterday I was so tired I couldn't stand it. At least I am figuring out the pattern, if nothing else.

I'm planning on going out in about an hour to do one of my night shift visits. I'll get there about 1/2 hour before 2nd shift leaves, chat awhile, and see if my 3rd shift employee who is notorious for showing up a few minutes late is on time. It's always fun to surprise them! Of course, I'll sleep in an hour or so in the morning, to make up for it! I'm not crazy!

Susan - no, there are no kitty dentures. That was just my weak attempt at humor. Man, that would be a trick at getting them to stay in! I may have to switch her to soft food if they take out alot of teeth though! CG sure does sound like a nice guy!

Jana - No I don't have pet insurance. It would cost a fortune for the older ones who would actually need it. I have looked into it though, the coverage isn't that great from what I can tell, I would actually have to go out of my way to get ahead on it. But my vet does give a "senior discount". They have an "AARPH Card" (Aging Animals Require Premium Healthcare).

Julie - Oh yeah, the other good thing about being out of school is that with the shortage of just about everything in healthcare, your phone never quits ringing, can you work today, tonight, tomorrow, for me...Caller ID is the best $5 a month investment. My best advice if you want time to yourself!

Marti - Glad your sister is ok in FL. Guess it is quite something down there. I was seriously considering moving there just a couple years ago, but something like this makes me change my mind.

Well, I suppose I'm going to go relax a little bit before I have to get ready to go.

Jen
Dolphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2004, 10:55 PM   #44  
kitty Momo

omg- I was thinking how cute little kitty dentures would be and everything.....

are you sure you were just making it up Jen?? We should patent the idea and make a fourtune!!!!

You think he sounds nice?? I think so too. He says he never has emailed anyone like he does me...lol........he is very funny and we share the same humor.
I hope it carries over to our meeting tomorrow...........that would be so great

night
Old 08-16-2004, 11:15 PM   #45  
Give me strength

S/C/G: 299/261/250

I second the kitty dentures...a lil denture creame to keep them in, so no meow mix can get in between and irritate the gums...lol

Susan CG sounds real nice,,,
Jen, I get migrains a week before my TOM for two days normally. I hate that. I can deal with cramps, and bloating but the migrains just knock my on my butt....

I was chit chatting with other football moms tonight and one had to tell me one of the boys on the team has head lice....real great, since they play tackle, and are all over the place touching and such...Im all itchy thinking aobut it,,,once Tanner's hair is dried from his shower I will have to check! arghhhh Im already thinking of all the disenfectant Ill be using even if he doesn't have it. Which I doubt but still,,,eeeeeeew

Well off to do my thing...I know you all wish you were me,,,Ill stop bragging now...lol
Angie
da fat n da furious is offline   Reply With Quote