Old 08-13-2004, 11:01 PM   #1  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

S/C/G: 208/162/135

Height: 5' 2.5"

Default SAHMs #245

Welcome all to a thread full of wonderful women taking on the responsibilty of raising a family and trying to take care of themselves too. We look forward to a new day with members, new and old! Please feel free to jump right in and say hello Here is a little bit about who we are ...

MichelleRae: Michelle sahm to Taylor 8-25-01 & Teagan 10-13-03 Married 2 years to Zhaun. Plan I'm following is a combined WW and South Beach Diet

Spryng: 24 y.o. married 6 years. Kids- Ava 4, Bubba (aka Joseph) 3 & Tanner 1. Currently on ww, hit goal in April.

Mompen: Penny 23 y.o. Happily Married & SAHM Momma to three active boys, Hunter almost 5, Nicholas almost 4 & Andrew 13 mo. Weight Watchers is my way of life

Loveliam: Leigh SAHM to Liam 10.21.03 & happily married for 2 years. Doing the Weight Watchers thing

Sydsmom: Kristin SAHM to Sydney 09-27-01, married almost 2 years to wonderful dh Began Weight watchers mid-July

Cheri: married to Donald for 8.5 years, SAHM/homeschooling momma to Nathan, 5 (9-11-98), Daniel, 3 (8-29-00) & Elijah, 1 (10-16-02) & doing the low carb thing kinda, lol

Angel: SAHM of 4, Ages 8,8,7,&4.

Cindi: Mom to 6 boys & 1 mean girl. Plan.. No diet for me! Portion control, exercise & lots of water (most days)

Chubba: Geri..Mom to two boys, Will (3) & Tony (1)..married for 4 years to a great guy..following Dr Phil most days!

Crystal: 27 yo sahm of 3 almost 4. Alisa 5, Ally 3, & Andrew 20 months. Due Feb 1st. Married almost 9 years, live in Texas & homeschool. Avon & Watkins Sales Rep. My plan when on it counting calories & exercise

Ricci sahm to two boys 4 and 5, married 7 years, doing ww

Jaymi: 2 kids, 20 mo Girl & 6 yo boy. Been married to DH for 2 ½ years. I’m counting calories, eating lowfat foods & exercise. I have no idea what the name of that diet is!!!

Jill: SAHM of 1 daughter, Bayley, born 9/19/03. Currently trying to lose some of the baby weight I gained with her & need some extra support to help me do so.

Melissa: SAHM of 1 girl (4) and 1 boy (<2). Currently counting calories with Tops NutriBase Software.

I am Mindee, and I will be 22 on 8/17. I am married to Tommy, who is 27, and we have been married for 2 years. We have a little boy, Brandon, who is almost 4 months.
mompen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2004, 11:02 PM   #2  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

Good Night Ladies....

Jaymi
Weigh to go on the goals! That is awesome! You sound like you have the right attitude

Angel,
I know how you feel about the dentist.... I don't think anybody likes the dentist But you will have beautiful teeth afterwards Hope you had a great on plan day!

Spryng,
Your menu looks great for the week. What kind of fish do you have there? salmon or trout? Congrats on the computer! Awesome! What kind of wood are you going with on the dining room set? I know you must be estatic!!!

Jill,
I'm sorry I wasn't there for you last night I had to get up early this am so I knew I had to go to bed... if I wanted to actually get up this morning You are doing so great on the gym! How is Bayley doing in the daycare?

Michelle,
You are gonna lose 10 pounds this week with all the extra work! I know you will get a good workout with all the remodeling! How are things going with Zhaun? Let me know so I can tell Brad what he is up against.... Or he might not wanna know I am keeping him in my prayers for a fast recovery!

Lori,
You little girl sounds just like my three year old. I can actually picture her rattling on about her birthday party! That is the best feeling to see your child have a celebration in their honor Let me know how the party turns out!

Melissa,
QOTD: Well, we have soooo many books that we don't really read the same one over and over... but today Hunter was on the Jack and the Beanstock kick! Congrats on being down this am Let me know how the weigh in is in the am!!!

Ricci,
Congrats on being down! That is too funny about the jogging pants! I didn't even realize that! But I will let my boys know....lol

Kristen,
Bed, Bath and Beyond stuck out in my head! Whatcha buy? Huh? Huh? I LOVE that store! It's my favorite! Sorry you had a bad day! I know how you feel about the house! Mine gets trashed over the weekend b/c dh doesn't pick up after himself

Crystal,
Sorry I wasn't there for you today! I am glad you are feeling better! !

Leigh,
I am glad the inlaws are going ok! Congrats on getting in the exercise!

Julie,
I didn't get to hear how you were doing today! Hope it was a great day for you! I am doing ww now with some of the south beach principles

Melinda,
I am sooo sorry you aren't feeling well I think it is going over the internet.... Everyone has been sick lately... Maybe the weather changing? Hope you are feeling better though

Geri,
Hope you had a great day!

Cindi,
I know how you feel about running running running.... That was me today!

I am just wore out today I tell ya! And still I didn't get too much accomplished....lol But I am glad it is over and tomorrow is a new day. My hubby is working tomorrow all day and half the night so I guess me and the kiddos will veg out in the am then maybe go somewhere since the weather is so nice here right now!
Old 08-13-2004, 11:27 PM   #3  
Curves 6-week solution

S/C/G: 159/159/135

Height: 5'4"

Hey girls how is everyone doing? Good I hope. Scary for those of you that are in or close to the storm. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for your safety! Well today went good. I stayon on plan and for a reward for doing well this week and losing some more weight I let myself have a full strength Pepsi for dinner! I'm still drinking it cause I want to savor it! LOL Anyway not much planned for the weekend, we have some family birthday parties to attend but other than that I am going to lay low because I have a class next week I will miss you all so much I will only get to post in the morning if I am lucky and in the evening but I'm sure I will have a lot of homework so I don't even know if that will happen!

Penny sounds like you were a busy mama today! Good luck on getting everything done for school. Congrats on Hunter (right?) being ready for K. That is so cool! Hope you have a great veg. day tomorrow. you deserve it!

Leigh glad to know your hubby is doing good in FL. I wish we had fox news so I could see him. Tell him to be careful!

Kristin sorry you were having such a rough day. I think Mel said it best when she said to have the dh take your dd out and you just have the day to clean. I have never felt better now that I have a clean house, Flylady has helped me sooooooooooo much! I know exactley where you are coming from though. I have never been a very tidy person (I'm not saying your aren't tidy, just telling my personal story ) so I would wait all week to have Sat. to clean everything and it was so hard that I would eventually give up after half the house was clean and just sit on the couch and avoid it. I think when you finally get it clean you will feel so much better! I know I do!

Meltin and Jaymi I hope everything is ok with you. That storm is something else!

Spryng congrats on the new computer! So you did take my advice after all! LOL let us all know what you got and what kind of good stuff you have on it. You know we are all jealous!! Up for some games tonight?

Geri, where ya been! Hope everything is well.

Cindeeeeeeeee (said with a tone like you would take with your child if you caught them with their hand in the cookie jar) where have you been girl! How are the kids doing in school? What do you mean you are not going to weigh in? You better weigh in next week then! TTYL

Ok I hope I didn't miss anyone if I did I'm sorry. I'm going to go watch the olympics. Have a great night guys! TTYL
Bayleysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2004, 11:39 PM   #4  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

Jill,
Thanks for bringing up the storm!

I forgot to let everyone know that I have you in my prayers...... for the ones that are close to the storm!

I wish you all safety and hopefully it will pass soon!

I know we are always in danger for hurricanes here so I know how you feel...
Old 08-14-2004, 01:04 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Good evening all!

Boy I am going to regret staying up this late tomorrow, lol. I am beat but I've been playing with the computer and it's soo much fun!
Didn't do much tonight. Watched 13 going on 30 and ate leftovers for dinner. But that was a very cute movie. I liked it alot.

Jill so glad you enjoyed that pepsi!! I can't even remember the last time I drank a normal soda. Probably been 4 years at least! It's a mind game with me, I just refuse to drink my calories for the day. So I won't drink juice or anything like that. I don't rememeber how that happened, lol. Weird huh?

Penny, yes I bought salmon. The recipe didn't specify what fish and salmon was on sale, lol. So I went with the cheapest! LOL Not sure about what kind of wood for the dining room set... our cabinets are oak, kinda medium colored, so maybe something similar. But it won't matter because I use a table cloth, so you can't see the wood anyway, lol.

Ok, can barely keep my eyes open, lol. See you in the a.m! G'nite!
spryng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2004, 01:22 AM   #6  
Curves 6-week solution

S/C/G: 159/159/135

Height: 5'4"

Ok we need some kind of group chat this weekend!! I miss it! Just though I would let you all know that! LOL TTYL
Bayleysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2004, 08:15 AM   #7  
SAHM of 3

Smile morning Ladies

QOTD: List several cd's you have in your possession? I find this always to be interesting.
ANSWER: Bon Jovi, Cher, Conway Twitty, Dixie Chicks, George Straight...

I know some of you may think that's not such an interesting question, but I've had so many people find it interesting at the "collection" I have. I get in moods and then I choose what to listen to.

My prayers are also with all of you in or near that storm. Keep us posted.

Spryng, wtg on that new computer. What kind is it? I've got a Dell, and I have loved it so much since I've had it. Of course, still paying on it. But I've had NO problems or anything. I also rented 13 going on 30, I'm gonna watch it today. We watch Alias with Jennifer Garner, so I can't wait to see her in that movie. We watched Starsky and Hutch last night. It was cute. We've also got to watch The Whole Ten Yards. What's on your agenda today?

Penny, you stayed busy I think you got plenty done. Don't worry about not being around yesterday when I was so down. I was just being whiny and I know that you are always there. Have fun with the kids.

Leigh, sorry you only get to see dh on tv, but hey, at least you get to see him right? Hope he comes home soon. Is your cold gone completely?

Cindi, I definitely don't want anything new for me either, not yet. But when you've got tears and little fingers, they love to pull out that stuffing, it's so funny to them.

Jill, what kind of class are you taking? I know you've probably said, but I don't remember. Good luck with that.

Hi to everyone else, Jaymi, Melinda, Melissa, Angel, Cheri, Mindee and anyone else out there.

I slept 7 hours with a couple of easy interruptions. I'm staying home ALL day and I'm so excited to. Since I cleaned my kitchen yesterday, I'm gonna mop and then there are some things in the corners of my livingroom that just need to get put away, I will do that and vaccum. Then I think I'll watch 13 going on 30 and maybe crochet. I am going to take it easy today. Dh had to work today and I hate that. Wish he didn't but oh well.
I'll check in later. TTYL
watkinsguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2004, 09:10 AM   #8  
soontobethin

Good morning everyone.
Leigh, I saw your dh on tv at about 10pm last night. Glad that he is safe.
Not doing much here today. Walmart, and I am going to go see princess diaries 2 with my mom.
QOTD: Aerosmith, Garth Brooks,Kid Rock,Tim Mcgraw, Spice Girls,Dixie chicks,Ac/dc,Firehouse,Greatest hits of the 80's, you name it, I have it. Have a good day.
need2losemore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2004, 09:15 AM   #9  
SAHM of 3

Ricci, I'm so glad to find someone else with such an eclactic mixture of cd's. I thought I'd be the only one with a "Conway Twitty" and "Cher" cd. Your mixture sounds like mine. I LOVE Aerosmith. I've got a TAPE cassette of their greatest hits. I guess I should update that to a cd.
Have a good day.
Old 08-14-2004, 09:53 AM   #10  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

Ok Ladies are you ready for my cd list..........

I never realized that I actually don't own any cd's for me.....lol
Veggie Tales Sing Alongs
Cedarmont Kids Sunday School Songs
Bob the Builder the Album
VBS Sing & Play Bay
Spongebob Squarepants
Kids Favorite Singalongs Vol 1,2,3
Top 25 Heart Seekers Praise Songs

Thanks Crystal..... Now I feel like a total Dork...lol

Jill,
I would like to get a group chat started again... we used to have one everyday at 2pm. Are you going to the gym today?

Spryng,
Did you get that yahoo im fixed? I was gonna tell you that my van is silver... I am gonna pee my pants if we have the same color van Hope you get your puter all figured out!

Ricci,
Hope you enjoy the movie... I never saw the first one but I hear it is good

Crystal,
Our day sounds like it will about the same My house needs a little TLC so I am excited to stay home today too.... Have a great day!

You know about the flylady chat..... Melissa, has also said something about doing like an exercise chat too! I thought that would be neat!

I know somebody has snuck in b/c it took me a while to write this!

Have a good day!
Old 08-14-2004, 09:59 AM   #11  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

Michelle,
I was just checking on you! I hope everything went ok with Zhaun.

Fill us in on how he is doing.... not all of it....lol Just if he is ok

I know it is crazy there today......
Old 08-14-2004, 10:01 AM   #12  
SAHM of 3

Penny, you go out and by yourself some cd's. When dh keeps the kids and I run to town or something by myself, I'll blare that radio to one of my cd's and sing along. I love those times.
Old 08-14-2004, 10:21 AM   #13  

Default Out of the Storm!

Thanks for all the thoughts and prayers, we are out of the storm. I pray that everyone else is as fortunate. A couple of limbs down but no big problems. Dh has already been out in the yard putting the plants and furniture back in place.

My throat is feeling much better. I actually feel like getting out of the house and working out. Most everything has closed up for the day, Probably good to have some QT with the family.

I will check in later.
meltin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2004, 10:25 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Good morning all!

Suprisingly I am not too tired this morning, lol. I did get 8 hrs of sleep so I should do ok today.

Ok, now if I can pry myself away from this computer today I do have alot planned, lol. I have to run to the post office before it closes at noon to buy some more stamps and mail the rest of my bills. I wanted to run to the library and see if they had Sink Reflections too so I could read it at leisure. And then of course there is my house... I didn't do anything in it yesterday because of being preoccupied with getting this computer to work so now I have lots to catch up on! Dinner tonight will be that white bean and sausage pasta since I didnt make it last night. What are you all planning?

QOTD-- I too like just about everything! I listen to classical to rap (not all rap but I do like Ja Rule and Emimen and the black eye peas) I have so many cd's it isn't funny. I have 50 just out in the van and lots more in the house and over 1000 songs on my MP3 player on the computer. I love music! But some of my favs are Skid Row, Trixter, Evanescence, Wilson Philips (their old stuff), Toby Keith, Guns n roses, and I have lots of compilation albums like of the 80's or power ballads or rock, etc that I listen to alot.

OK Penny... go down to walmart right now and get you a cd!!! LOL! You deserve some grown up music in that house! Who are your favorite groups or singers? No my yahoo im isn't fixed but it's not bothering me much, I'll look more into it later, and my van is dark blue!! LOL.. not silver. I wanted a light sky blue one but this was the only one they had, lol. But it is great because I have a button that does everything from unlocking to opening doors for you and all that, so it was worth taking the dark blue one, the light ones didn't have those features. And an exercise chat sounds great! Maybe we can set up chats for mon weds frids each with a different theme.. one for flylady, one for exercise and one for just chatting or diet talk! What do you think??

Ricci, how are you doing today?

Crystal, my new computer is a new gateway. My old one was gateway too, lol. But it was 5 years old so this one is definitely better, lol. It also came with a 17" flat screen monitor which is HUGE compared to my last one and everything looks better on it, lol. I am in love with this computer. Of course dh is already wanting me to buy more memory, lol... that whole NEED MORE POWER mantra, lol... typical guy. Let me know how you like that movie. I wanted to see the whole 10 yards too but I haven't seen the whole 9 yrds yet, so I will probably just rent both sometime.

Jill, I will be up for chat sometime this weekend, just let me know! Hope you are sleeping good right now.

OK, I need to get off here and start getting some stuff done. TTYL!
spryng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2004, 10:38 AM   #15  
Walking away the weight

Good morning Well, it looks like Tampa and Sarasota dodged a big bullet because it looks awful everywhere else! It makes me kind of sad . . . I guess because I love Florida so much.

Hey, Geri Hope you're enjoying the weekend.

Cindi- I am enjoying the cooler weather - it's great. Although I'm generally sad about winter coming soon . . .

Penny- So will the kids be watching movies today?

Jill- so you love Pepsi, huh? I'm a Coke girl myself. Love it! Can drink it as dessert

Spryng- glad you're having fun on the computer! What type of computer did you get?

Good morning Crystal! My cold is 95% gone LOL. But that's a good thing, so I'm not complaining! I know what you mean about little fingers- I've said no new furniture until Liam is 24

Ricci- I''ll have to tell DH you saw him. Somehow I missed him- must have been when I was putting Liam to bed.

Melinda- glad all is well there! Whew!

QOTD: 1) lots of books on CD (audio books); 2) Dove Award CDs (contemporary Christian compilations) 3) Alanis Morissette 4) Reba McEntire (ohh I love her!) 5) Eminem (I love Eminem!).

Okay - will probably hang around here all day . . . TTYL!
Loveliam is offline   Reply With Quote