Old 08-13-2004, 12:25 PM   #31  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Default Happy Friday the 13th...

Hi Ladies~

Jen~enjoy your long weekend. Those cookies and zucchini bread sound delicious!

Jana~hope you enjoy your weekend also. Nice B & B! V and I were going to stay in one when we renewed our vows but changed our minds. Figured we would make too much noise, if ya know what I mean!

RosieKate~hope you enjoy your vacation. I forgot I watched that family on Dr. Phil the first time around and yeah that Marty is an idiot. I would have kicked him out a long time ago! I hope they do an update to see how they are doing since it ended. He is also like my dad!

Marti~you can come down and go to the fair with me and Vince. He wouldn't mind at all, nor would I. Yeah, I hope whatever is wrong with this computer is better next week so I can chat with you all. It took forever for everything to pop up and then for me to type just that one sentence.

Mindee~okay, you and Marti and your boobies falling out! I can actually say it has never happened to me. But one time on the beach I was rubbing lotion on my sisters back and when I slid my hand up under the strap it popped off! Oooops! she grabbed herself and jumped down fast! I of course couldn't quit laughing! Too funny...but it irritates me and has for years that men are always looking at womens boobs, ummm, my eyes are up here! I just noticed your wedding date is a day before mine. We married on May 12.

Shanna~you are silly. And yes Marti is a beautiful lady as are you!

Hi to everyone else!

Ooops, the time has gotten away from me and I need to cut this short. DD and I are going to see The Village in about 5 mins. Be careful out there ladies on this Friday the 13th! I already almost got into a wreck this morning on my way to Wal-Mart, stupid driver just pulled right out in front of me and then looked at me! Anyway...have a good day everyone and weekend for those of you we won't see for a few days. Be safe and careful!
FrouFrou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2004, 01:17 PM   #32  

Height: 5'1"

Hello ladies--

Shanna--I want to thank you for thinking that I"m tiny. Can I put that in the NSV thread?? Boggles my mind that you see me that way.

Mindee--I believe it was just last week when I did the flashing...I had gotten out of my car and stood there taking in the area (home) seeing all these people enjoying this weather and people riding bikes...and then I noticed I was connected by one button! I entertain my neighbors already with things that go on around here, that was just something extra I guess!

Jana--The B&B looks beautiful! James and I have talked about staying at one someday. Just haven't done it. And now, it's really going to be awhile with his crazy schedule. Enjoy your weekend there!!

Rk--What is a skinny cow? Is that icecream? I hope you are able to relax some to try and enjoy your weekend. Are you going there first thing to get it out of the way?

Jen--I have wanted my girls after I had my son 15yrs ago. I was only 110lbs back then, and when my milk came in.....OMG.....they were beautiful!! And I had that vision ever since. After the milk had gone (with both kids) the girls got so small and flat. So...I finally told James after years of keeping it to myself and had them done Jan.'03 a couple days after my birthday! (great birthday gift eh?)

Cristi--Enjoy your movie time with your daughter. Let us know your opinion of it. I may or may not venture to the fair. I only go for the exhibits that are INSIDE. Call me no fun I guess. But I always make sure that Jhanai has money to go have fun with her dad. She loves having him take her through the gaming area. She likes the thrill of trying to win something (I can see her now when she's older...having a gambling problem!)

Morning to the rest of the ladies out there!

Not much going on today. Picking up Jhanai later on. Looking forward to her company.
Got a call this morning from James wanting to know the name of the doctor who dealt with my "girls" I thought that was strange after having chatted about it last night. I guess some Engineers wife is wanted to get some girls but wants to find a good doctor. Then he calls me three hours later to tell me that he's going to bed. I was like...did you just get home? He worked over 14hrs. last night!! He should sleep like a log!!

Well I need to get myself some coffee and toast. I will check in later.
Marti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2004, 03:10 PM   #33  
kitty Momo

Good Afternoon!!!

OMG, OMG, OMG!!!!!!!!!!! So excited...................I met RK this morning at the park!!! YAY........along with her lovely daughter.
She is soooooo brave to come up out of the blue and ask if I was Susan........of course I am.....who else would I be?? lol

Brief meeting but long enough to give a hug and HOPES for a coffee meeting in the near future!!! Excited to FINALLY meet someone from JL!!!!!

Heading for work. Think they are grooming me Jana??? I just love my job. Thinking of heading in the direction of working in resdient services though- kind of like a Julie McCoy of public housing........lol.
You keep congratulating me on my weight loss because I just go up and down all the time. lol

Going to cut and paste Cable Guys email from this morning. He was heading to the coast for the day with his father. Maybe you can see what a sweety he is, at least I think he is a sweety...........lol

gee,you had alot to say! i feel privileged to get a peek at your busy" momma" life,and who said women have it easy ...lol i just got back from the meeting it went well, we talked and prayed and asked questions about all sorts of things, i think it went well !! i will e-mail you tomorrow evening when i get back! i will give you all the details on the trip down to the coast.so you make your own flavored coffee that is a good way to go.have it your way....wait that is burger king sorry ....lol that is sooo cute that your little gabby says mama like that, and points out your features too!! what a little angel what a blessing it is to have a litttle girl like that, i miss that so much !! thanks for praying for me and pray that i have a safe trip down and back please! thankyou !! sleep well and i will be looking forward to reading your nice messages. goodnight, your friend Cable Guy

I put the CG in there, he had his name. He is CG to me.....

Ok- best get to work!!!!

talk later

ttfn

Last edited by Mom2Gaby; 08-13-2004 at 03:16 PM.
Mom2Gaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2004, 03:26 PM   #34  
starting over again......

S/C/G: 261.4/261.4/200

Height: 5'4"

Jana~ It did the same to me as well! I was really taken back and I did have a huge smile I am sure on my face.

Jen~ I guess I am not the only one that likes to flash people. I was constantly having to fix my top while we were out shopping yesterday.

Cristi~ May 12th, is one of our nieces birthday and also our friend’s birthday. I didn’t think that my boobs had gotten any bigger, but I guess they have since I started working out.

Marti~ That is too funny!
tommysgirl18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2004, 04:29 PM   #35  
Give me strength

S/C/G: 299/261/250

Jana, nice....Id love to stay in a B&B,

Well I just made a huge mistake, I said I would work tomorrow night on that same case, but the thing is I have a Jesus Christ Superstar reunion tomorrow night,,,I hate when I don't remember things till its too late.
Angie
da fat n da furious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2004, 04:36 PM   #36  
One day at a time

Hiya Ladies~

Wow, I am a little jealous...everyone is leaving for the weekend. Waaaaa, I want to go...just kidding LOL! I hope every one who is traveling this weekend has a safe journey to and fro.

Mindee~I am going to finally go check out your family's site. May 12 is also my birthday-we married on my birthday because I couldn't come up with the "perfect" date. Now of course I wish I had chosen a different date.

Marti~well, all I have to say about The Village is Angie was right! I definitely would save my money and wait till it comes on cable or out in video/DVD. Better to spend $3 or $4 than $10 or more going to the theater. That's all I will say in case you do go see it-don't want to ruin it for ya. That's weird Marti with all the talk about boobies and James calls and asks that, and yes what a GREAT BD present to yourself. I think I would like to have a facelift. I told Vince that I am going to start Cristina's Facelift Fund and maybe by the time I am 50 I will have enought to actually do it! I don't like the direction my face is taking. We are like you Marti at the fair-I am not really into the rides, more the exhibits and such. We watch the people playing games to but it's more just the exhibits. I get a big kick out of seeing the little kids have fun to.

Susan~OMG!!! I am so happy you and RosieKate finally met up, even if it was for just a few minutes in the park. You ladies in OR should make a date to do a day of shopping or go to the beach since you live so close-Shanna, Marti that would be so cool. I definitely would if I lived close to you all, especially that close! Aaaahhhhh...Michael sounds like a sweetie! He sounds very sincere. About your job, I bet they are "grooming" you for the new postion. They did that with my son-gave him manager responsibilities but all the while not telling him why. Then finally made him manager and now soon to be district manager. So I will keep my fingers crossed for ya.

Anyhoo...thought I would check in and let you all know about the movie. Of course since there is a Hallmark nearby I had to go there on the way home to pick up some candles. Although, I love the 'wedding' scent and have some and will always buy them I am now liking the 'fresh cut roses' scent for some reason. I first bought the wedding scent of course when we got married and had a bunch of them lit all over the house. Smelled sooooo good. Now I am home for the day. Have some letter writing to do, send a couple of cards and wait for DS to get home. He is coming back from KC today-yay!

Well, ladies have a great rest of the day. My weekend plans consist of some laundry, house cleaning and some scrapbooking. Since I got some baby stuff for DD's book now I can get the first three pages done. I wish I could share thme with you all-maybe if I drag the old scanner out-not sure if it will scan a 12 x 12 sheet of paper either though.

What does everyone else have planned for the weekend?
Old 08-13-2004, 04:55 PM   #37  

Afternoon ladies--

Just got home from doing some errands.....stopped by my grandpa's to see that he WASN'T home... I'm happy he's staying busy. My 15yr old cousin has been staying with him this summer to go out and do some wood cutting and stuff to make money. So that's nice to know he's had some company the whole time.

Susan--HOW EXCITING!!! I'm so glad you two met up and got to talk even if it was for only a minute or so. Shanna & I have talked about getting together with you two at the coast or something. Get an early start and spend most of the day together!! She mentioned something about going to Florence sometime? Would you be able to go without children? (you too Rk.....would that be too hard?) I know that is a hard thing to do.....if we meet, I would work it around the weekend that I don't have Jhanai...just so adults could talk......

Mindee--I think seeing results of weightloss is the BIGGEST motivation there is. Kind of sets your mind to "Wow...look at me, I can really do this!" I'm glad you're having success!

Angie--Time for you to carry around a day planner. Need to get yourself one of those palm pilots. James has one and really likes it. It takes care of having to carry all his books he needs for the railroad. Sounds like you need one for your scheduling AND your addresses!! Just make sure you don't make plans for the time you're suppose to be on vacation!!

Cristi--Why must our bodies head south as we get older? I figure that if I start working on myself now, it won't be so bad when I hit 50....I look at my mom and I'm not sure what she's done with herself, but she still looks great. So I would like to stay young and taut when I'm her age! (her age is questionable...but still) Like you, I told James that I wanted to start a tummy tuck fund. Wonder how many years it woud take to save money for that. Maybe I need to do some searching to see how much it cost!! I could always put my tax returns (if I ever get any) in it each year.

I don't have any "go away for the weekend" plans either! It is hot out which make it hard to want to do too much outside but can't let the beautiful day waste away. There are festivals going on.....Shanna mentioned going to one this weekend and after I talk to Jhanai to see if she's interested...may meet up with her to go. Anyone else have Scandanavian Festivals around your area? Then next month is the Oktoberfest...I used to ask why it's held in September and the pastry place that I used to work for that always made stuff for the event told me because it always rains in October. Who knew? A little bit of trivia for ya!

I'm going to take my "children" out to go potty.....nothing like hearing dogs toenails clicking away on the wood floors because they gotta pee!!

take care
Old 08-13-2004, 05:20 PM   #38  

Default Hi Ladies

Hey All,

Hope everyone is having a good day today!!! Sorry I missed the chat last night, but I had to go to bed, cause I work at 5am everyday, I did however meet a few people, before I headed to bed, so that was good!! Today is a rainy day her in Providence, Rhode Island, so nothing much to do.. When I got home from work I ran on my treadmill, first time for running in a very long time,,, I made it 5 minutes straight, then walked for ten and ran for 5 again.... did that for a half hour!! Im hoping eventually I will work up to running for like 20 minutes straight.... running as never been my thing though!!! Just felt like trying something new. Anyway, will anyone be around for chatting later or over the weekend???
I'll check back later
Julie
jewels2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2004, 05:36 PM   #39  

OMG!!! I just had to pop in for a min. and tell you what I just saw.....

I took my dogs out to do their "thing" and across from my back yard is the housing for seniors. Well there is a chain link fence that seperates us.....and some tree's...not enough for privacy I may add. Anyway...I usually try to keep my female close to the house when she goes...she gets into a yapping frenzy when she see's strangers...anyway...I let my boy go out where he wants because he's not so bad...

To the point...chewy was close to the fence and tree's...and I heard the door open and shut so I went out there to make sure Chewy doesn't bother them by running to the fence and barking.....and as I turn what do I see???????

The woman who lives there son! He had walked to the corner and as I approached chewy he turned my way as he was zipping up!! He was peeing outside (which men do of coarse) but in full view of me....like I wanted to see his manhood.

I think I embarrassed him.....the tree's were able to block his upper half of his body...but not the part that should have been hidden!!

Lordy lordy!! At least now.....I'm not the only one who is showing off to the neighbors!!

Just had to share!
Old 08-13-2004, 06:37 PM   #40  
kitty Momo

Angie- You have sooooo much going on, very social. I am lucky to get out once a week. Anyway, THANKS for the beautiful postcard!! That was sweet. I keep meaning to send out something for you all but so absent minded lately.

Just popping in. My boss left early for a wedding in Seattle.

Marti- I will meet on the coast sometime, maybe in October?? Have to get these kids back in school first. Maybe in Newport?? I don't want to go all the way down to Florence............waaaaa, waaaaaa. Seems too far........I am getting old. You younguns can do the driving......lol

Great that you ran/walked Juile!!! VERY impressed. I try to do that but everything jiggles and I find that rather annoying , so I just walk. Rhode Island sounds like a wonderful place to live.

Cristi- I am not going anywhere this weekend!! I DO have Rachels birthday tomorrow- she will be 13 years old, my baby. Some "back to school stuff".....
Gabrielle MAY go with her father Sunday evening. I am not sure.........
I wish school would start- Rebecca teases Gaby so much. If they were apart more that would be a "good thing."
Is CG not the sweetest?? What I like about him the most is he doesn't smother and seem obsessed............lol. Like calling every day, the "too much too soon" kind of thing. He emails once or twice a day- usually while he is making breakfast and at night.....and those are short and usually he seems in a happy mood. Happy,happy,happy.......so, ya. ......hope to meet him soon.
Though I drove by the Starbucks we were going to meet and it use to be an old Dunkin Donuts- it was crowded. I am thinking of meeting at a nicer one........blah- blah....

Better go!

ttfn
Mom2Gaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2004, 07:12 PM   #41  

Cristi~ May 11th, is my hubby's grandfather's birthday, so he figured that if we got married on that day then he would definitely remember!

Marti~ I do have to agree about the seeing the difference and it motivating you even more. I saw my reflection and I was like "whoa! I look good." I guess you are not the only one flashing the neighborhood!

Julie~ Good job on the workout! I just have an exercise bike....so I miss the running, but I can't do any running anyways because I have a screw in my hip.

mom2Gaby~ He is the sweetest thing ever!!
Old 08-13-2004, 11:23 PM   #42  
One day at a time

Evening ladies~

Just checking in for a quickie to see what's up with everyone.

Marti~we have a lot of Scandinavian stuff going on around here. As a matter of fact there's a small town here that is full of little shops with Scandinavian stuff. Every year they have a big Christmas parade and such going on. Of course KS has a lot of Norwegians here, Vince being one-hence the blonde hair and blue eyes, ummm, what little hair he has! It is pretty cool, we went down there for a day and had fun. Okay, that is weird about the neighbor. Did he see you? Creepy.

Mindee~that is cool. We got married on DH grandparents anniversary-of course we didn't know it at the time. And yes DH would have no reason to forget your anniversary!

Julie~sorry, I am here just for a few but may be around to chat sometime this weekend. Not sure though-I don't usually get on the computer much on the weekend. I think everyone was willing to do a chat at an earlier time next week. WTG on the walk/run! I need to get motivated with the exercise again.

Susan~tell Rachel HAPPY 13th BIRTHDAY tomorrow!!! Hope you guys have a great time.

Angie~girly I can understand-you are an amazing woman and honestly I don't know how you do it! But, hey, a palm pilot is an excellent idea to keep track of things.

Well, ladies I am outta here again. I am going to go to bed and try to get some reading done. Been doing a couple of chapters a night and am hoping to finish this book this weekend. It's good and normally I don't want to put one down till I am done but haven't had much time during the day to read. Nighty night ladies.
Old 08-13-2004, 11:30 PM   #43  
Give me strength

S/C/G: 299/261/250

Im in chat if anyone wants to chat....
da fat n da furious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2004, 01:29 AM   #44  

I might be scarce this weekend. We will be cleaning all day on Saturday (I might sneak on in the morning after I feed Brandon at 5am), and then the same thing Sunday morning.
Old 08-14-2004, 09:43 AM   #45  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

Sorry I didn't post yesterday. It was not a good day for me. I had to say goodbye to my DD and two DGS as they went back to CA. I am so worried about DD and just was down all day. She went through a divorce which is final, but now is going through a support hearing and has had no CS...and the ex is saying he wants a custody battle. This could drag on forever even though her lawyer assures her she would never have to give up more than 50% visitation. DD is tall, about 5'9' and usually weighs around 145, now she is skin and bones at around 110. (a size 2) She has just been so worried about everything..what a mess. The real sh**y thing is she has to stay in CA, if she could move home she would have family support. Now after seeing how thin she is I am worried about her health. She goes for the support hearing Sept. 11th and when he gets hit with support he will have to pay the back amount also, so she might get caught up financially.

On another note, we are among the ones traveling..we go to MS tomorrow for 3 nights. Hope we can relax a little.

suetalks
suetalks is offline   Reply With Quote