Old 08-11-2004, 06:29 AM   #1  

Default Stay At Home Moms # 242!!!

Welcome all to a thread full of wonderful women taking on the responsibilty of raising a family and trying to take care of themselves too. We look forward to a new day with members, new and old! Please feel free to jump right in and say hello Here is a little bit about who we are ...

MichelleRae: Michelle sahm to Taylor 8-25-01 & Teagan 10-13-03 Married 2 years to Zhaun. Plan I'm following is a combined WW and South Beach Diet

Spryng: 24 y.o. married 6 years. Kids- Ava 4, Bubba (aka Joseph) 3 & Tanner 1. Currently on ww, hit goal in April.

Mompen: Penny 23 y.o. Happily Married & SAHM Momma to three active boys, Hunter almost 5, Nicholas almost 4 & Andrew 13 mo. Weight Watchers is my way of life

Loveliam: Leigh SAHM to Liam 10.21.03 & happily married for 2 years. Doing the Weight Watchers thing

Sydsmom: Kristin SAHM to Sydney 09-27-01, married almost 2 years to wonderful dh Began Weight watchers mid-July

Cheri: married to Donald for 8.5 years, SAHM/homeschooling momma to Nathan, 5 (9-11-98), Daniel, 3 (8-29-00) & Elijah, 1 (10-16-02) & doing the low carb thing kinda, lol

Angel: SAHM of 4, Ages 8,8,7,&4.

Cindi: Mom to 6 boys & 1 mean girl. Plan.. No diet for me! Portion control, exercise & lots of water (most days)

Chubba: Geri..Mom to two boys, Will (3) & Tony (1)..married for 4 years to a great guy..following Dr Phil most days!

Crystal: 27 yo sahm of 3 almost 4. Alisa 5, Ally 3, & Andrew 20 months. Due Feb 1st. Married almost 9 years, live in Texas & homeschool. Avon & Watkins Sales Rep. My plan when on it counting calories & exercise

Ricci sahm to two boys 4 and 5, married 7 years, doing ww

Jaymi: 2 kids, 20 mo Girl & 6 yo boy. Been married to DH for 2 ½ years. I’m counting calories, eating lowfat foods & exercise. I have no idea what the name of that diet is!!!

Jill: SAHM of 1 daughter, Bayley, born 9/19/03. Currently trying to lose some of the baby weight I gained with her & need some extra support to help me do so.

Melissa: SAHM of 1 girl (4) and 1 boy (<2). Currently counting calories with Tops NutriBase Software.

I am Mindee, and I will be 22 on 8/17. I am married to Tommy, who is 27, and we have been married for 2 years. We have a little boy, Brandon, who is almost 4 months.
melmcc99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2004, 06:32 AM   #2  

Default Jills Qotd !!!!!!!!!!!

HOW TALL ARE YOU???
Old 08-11-2004, 06:44 AM   #3  

Thumbs up

OK, Good Morning LAdies!! I am up early and I'm movin'. I couldn't sleep, so I was up late last night. I went' to bed about 11:45. Wouldn't you know BUGGA slept through the night till 6:15. AMAZING. Just thought I'd share that and hope it wears off on some of your kids.

I am doing well thanks to all your support. It was a HUGE help to me. Big Hugs to all of you.

I am also still going down. My new scale is 1.8lbs higher than the old. And today I got on both and I am down another lb. So Cool. Depending on the scale I have 6-7.8 lbs to lose to be out of the 200's.

I read through all the posts, but don't remember everything to post...Sorry ladies. It's happens sometimes. MOmmy Brain.

Michelle, IS working more good or bad? Extra money or extra work? ALso, Congrats on more weight down!!!! You're doind fantastic!

Jill, So glad Flylady is working for you. I am using it now too. My sink is so shiney.. Thanks for the QOTD. I was up late here on the east coast and only Penny was up to chat with me. LOL. I shouldn't say only Penny. I think she's great!

Penny, I hope you got some rest last night. I'll see how the day goes, maybe I'll give you a buzz. Great talkin' to you last night. When does your class start. You are going to have so much fun! If they ask me to do it, I don't think I could. They are always looking for people to do the tough years here. All the years with events....communion, pennance and so forth. Anyway, have a good one.

Ok, hello, Leigh Spryng, Crystal, Cindi, Geri, Kristin, Jaymi, Mindee, Julie, and the rest of you beautiful women. I know I'm foretting lots of you, but my brain isn't in full gear yet.
Old 08-11-2004, 06:45 AM   #4  

Grrrr...the QOTD.....5' 4.5"
Old 08-11-2004, 07:18 AM   #5  
SAHM of 3

Smile Good Morning

QOTD: I'm 5' 3.5", yuck, I so wish I was sooooooo much taller. Dh is about 6'2", hope the kids get his heitgh.

Okay, as for me. This is going to be a GREAT day. Even if I have to get out early and go to Home Depot, it's going to be a GREAT, GREAT day. You know why....I SLEPT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!
I went to bed at 930, yes with lip from dh for you know what, and Andrew didn't wake up until 130, I gave him a bottle and fell back asleep knowing he would come back in there after his bottle, and he did at 210, I laid with him and slept until 445 and then got back in my bed and slept until 545. So I know there are still interruptions, but they didn't keep me up, I just found where I was gonna sleep and laid down and slept. I don't even remember finding a comfy position last night, I just remember being asleep before I even laid down, I think. So I got a TOTAL of 8 hours. I don't remember the last time. So needless to say I'm on a roll and going to make this a great day.

Mel, great idea to start a new, fresh thread. A new one would have been started in a couple of hours anyway. Maybe we should start a new fresh one every day even if it gets more than three pages. Today is a new day is like our motto anyways, so maybe Today is a new day and a new Thread should be our motto. Just a thought.
So glad you got some sleep too. I see you're going to make this a great day. I hope that for you.

Leigh, I sure hope you got some rest and you are doing better today. I hope nothing was taken wrong in my last messge to you. I didn't mean anything bad by it, you know, right? It's just that I've had to deal with issues like that alot and 3 kids later, I learned. Let us know how you are today.

Spryng, I told dh I was going to bed at 930 and we usually don't go to bed until 1030 or so. I said I was going to get some sleep. Do you know what he said..."again?" I said since I didn't actually get much last night, uh, yeah. He just shook his head and that look that made me want to slap him. I just went to bed and am so glad I did. Btw, when will your dh know about that job? What will you do having him around everyday? That would be so cool.

Geri, yes I wanted to slap dh for the dinner comment and the "you know what" comment. When are you going on a trip? Are any of your kids in school yet?

Penny, we did have fun. Ally even did, I just had a couple of worksheets for her for tracing and matching colors. She loved it. I have asked this a million times and you've probably answered a million times, but when does your school start? I'll remember this time. Is it everyday all day? Hope you have a good one.

Hello to Kristin, Jill, Julie, Jaymi, Angel, Cheri, Mindee, and anyone else I missed. I am so sorry.

I've got to go through my teacher books for todays lessons and make sure I've got everything under control. TTYL
watkinsguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2004, 07:59 AM   #6  
Walking away the weight

Default Morning!

Hey gals! I'm feeling better this morning, though haven't slept very well the past two nights, but I'm used to that for the past ten months LOL. TOM arrived last night, so my emotional breakdown was a combo of my cold and TOM

Geri- we're going to FL Labor Day weekend. Did you get a lot of reading in?

Julie- you're so sweet! Hope you're having a great day

Jill- what type of job do you have (if you don't mind the question)? Do you like it?

Spryng- Big Brother is getting soooo good now. I always prefer when it gets down to fewer people. I guess Jayse is a goner, huh? I'm going to go see what the control journal is like. I have a family organizer that I like a lot, but wonder if it's similar.

Penny- you're right, I should download yahoo messenger. So is that what most of ya'll have? Did you also watch Joe Schmo 1?

Michelle- on the loss!!! Enjoy your much-deserved vacation!

Mel- on the continued loss! Hooray for Bugga's sleep skills !!!

Crystal- for sleep! I bet you feel great today And I wasn't upset with you - I know what you were saying and that you were telling me what has helped you deal with similar issues

QOTD I'm 5' 6"

Well, only one plan today and that's to actually go to the grocery store.
Loveliam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2004, 08:47 AM   #7  
Ready for ACTION!!!

Smile Hello Friends!

QOTD... I am 5'4" like the rest of you, LOL! My name is Cynthia Lee Hosea Lasseter. Any nut who decides to stalk me will get more than they bargain for, I am not afraid! If they try to steal my name, they can have all my bills and my sucky credit that go with it, and I will be happy!LOL!!

Sorry I haven't posted lately, I have actually typed a couple but forgot to post them I guess, because they are not here, LOL! So much for my summer vacation, I seem to be busier now than ever!! I am so off plan and I need help getting back on!! I really need some of you to help me figure out the WW points thing until I can get the money to join online or something. I need more structure than I have, but just don't know where to start. I threw away the nutty bars... that was where I started!!! The kids don't need them either! I know with you all I can get back on track before I gain all my weight back! I went to the GYN on Monday and will soon have a procedure to make my TOMs better if not gone!!! I am getting a tubal at the same time, I think I have had enough babies. I am ready to get fit and get off of all these meds, and having kids has kept me from doing that very well. I also love the freedom I have with most of my kids in school now.

Crystal...I like the idea of a daily post, that would be simple enough to find. Even if it's more than 3 pages, everyone would know what was going on. Sorry your dh is such a pain, but GLAD you got sleep! I am getting more sleep and I feel pretty good. I do know about taking several kids to the doc or somewhere they'd rather not be! Try taking 7 to the mall, that was really a challenge. I felt like I was going to lose my mind trying to do school shopping! ALL those lists, OMG!!! Took Christian to the ER with my oldest ds, who sprained his back Friday...it wasn't so bad until he realized he could stand in front of the door to the outside and it would open! I may buy that kid a leash, he is faster than me! LOL! (Go ahead, you all, rant away about the leash, I am use to it)

Michelle...Love the little doll but have no idea how to get it into my siggy. Can you(or anyone) refresh my memory? I bet you will be so glad to have all those days off! like a vacation.

Mel...We are both having a difficult week, but that's what these friends are here for. Sounds like you are getting back on track quicker than I am! Glad you got some sleep too!!

Jill... Am I a pathetic buddy or what? I am getting with it, I promise. I wouldn't blame you if you buddied up with someone else by now! I really thought I had posted!

Jaymi...You post some good recipes!

Spryng...I love the challenge chat idea, but could we do one during the day, and leave our night chat for social time? The night chats are too late for me to clean with my family sleeping...or all in the way. I need to clean in the day before they get home. Anyone who wants to do a day chat( I am EST), let me know what time and give me your yahoo ID(if you don't have one, get one!!) and I will invite you and we will FLY together! It is fun to do it that way, doesn't seem like work much at all!!

Leigh...Sorry you've been so sick. Glad today seems better so far, but take it easy so you will continue to get better!

To the rest of you, I'd respond to you if I could even remember what to respond about. I promise to keep up better. Life should slow down a little soon. Or at least be more predictable!

Love to all!!
BIGtimeLOSER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2004, 09:37 AM   #8  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

S/C/G: 208/162/135

Height: 5' 2.5"

Crystal,
Glad you had such a well rested night.

Jill,
Thanks for starting the question of the day...

I'm short, like 5'2 1/2 or 5'3"... not even sure

Mel,
Thanks for starting the new thread. Congrats on being down. Hooray for Patrick sleeping!

Michelle,
Congrats on going downward! You are doing great.

Cindi,
When is your tubal? Wish you the best of luck

Leigh,
Sorry you aren't sleeping so well! It seems to be going around. Have fun at the grocery store.
mompen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2004, 09:38 AM   #9  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

S/C/G: 208/162/135

Height: 5' 2.5"

I forgot to tell Spryng that I am keeping dh in my prayers to get the job!

I know it will be awesome to have him home every night.
mompen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2004, 10:12 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Good morning all!

Well I have already got my shower today so so far so good, lol. Eating my breakfast right now too. I don't have much planned for today. I was thinking about going and doing something just to get out of the house for a couple hours... but I don't know what I would do. I was trying all day yesterday to buy a subscription to ivillage.com message boards but the pages kept screwing up and driving me crazy and then when I finally got through it said page was temporarily unavailable... so frustrating!!
Dinner tonight will be morning star farms buffalo wings and baked french fries, what is everyone else planning?

Penny thanks so much for keeping my dh in your thoughts and prayers. I am so hoping this happens. No phone call yet though... the waiting game, lol. But if he was offered that position we would need to move soon after because it's a 1 1/2 hr commute one way to his company. I would want to move closer to save money. But that is getting ahead of myself... first we need him to be offered the job, lol. But he was highly recommended for it so it's a good possibility it will happen. I truly hope so!

Cindi, how can I help you figure out the ww pts? Do you have some of the materials? I will be happy to assist you any way I can! Just let me know! And an afternoon flylady chat sounds good... my kids go down for their nap around 1 pm central... so 1:30 - 2:30 works for me... you guys can decide. When I get the internet hooked up in the living room it can be anytime.

Leigh, so glad you are feeling better today! And I am glad Jase will be gone this week too.. he is so hot headed and conceited! I am really starting to like Marvin and the twins. Who do you like?

Crystal, so glad you got some sleep last night! Sounds like you are feeling better today. And I'm also glad you went to bed early and left your dh high and dry, lol... I know that sounds terrible but you deserved to go to bed early without any entertaining, lol. He needs to appreciate you more, we do!!! And I have no clue when dh will know about that job, I'm guessing soon but who knows. And yes, it will be hard for me at first to have him home everyday again but I know it would be for the best, and the kids miss him so much too. So I know I can revert back, lol.

mel, so happy flylady is working well for you too!!!

QOTD- I too and 5'4", lol... must be the universal average height, lol.

And I have one more question for you flybabies--- what do your morning and evening routines look like? I would like to compare mine to others if you don't mind.

Mine are basic right now...
Morning-
make bed
wash face
wipe down bathroom, swish toilet
unload dishwasher
fold and put away 1 load of laundry
15 min zone work

evening-
wash and dry 1 ld laundry
load dishwasher and start it
sweep kitchen
pick up living room
wipe down kitchen counters
lay out clothes for tomorrow
wash face
sleep

and then I have little things added throughout the week.. like two days a week I vacuum... I mop on thursdays, clean my fridge on wednesdays, etc. Anyway, just curious about yours!

Need to get off here and start mine, lol.. TTYL!
spryng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2004, 10:35 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 307/187/130

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning!

OMG I had soo little sleep for me!! I'm exhausted!! I called my MIL today to see if perhaps they were going to arrive today but she said they are going to leave tomorrow really early in the morning I'm excited to see them and to have them see the girls again, well they have only seen pictures of Teagan so I'm totally stoked for their first meeting I'm also excited to get our renovations underway!!

My house is a sty waiting for MIL to come clean lol I can't handle it!!

QOTD I'm 5'4" as well.

I don't have much planned for today except definately a nap!

Spryng sounds like you are wicked productive today!!

Leigh I'm glad you are feeling better now go get a nap so you can last the whole day!! Now I know that you are 5'6" I understand why you looked so slender in your pics, I was like man she looks awesome just think, you'll be a supermodel when you reach goal LOL Keep up your hard work!! The first week back OP is always the hardest!! Thanks for letting me know about TOM it reminds me to expect him for a visit since our cycles are close lol. Well at least he has good timing since hubbys vasectomy is friday it sounds like we'll both be out of commission for a week lol.

Penny what do you have planned for today? Up for chat tonight perhaps?

Mel you are doing so great!! Keep it up!!

Crystal glad you got some sleep!

Well I'm off to console a screaming child Teagan thinks I abandoned her in her crib lol
Have a wonderful morning
Michelle
MichelleRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2004, 10:38 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 307/187/130

Height: 5'4"

Oh yeah cindi to put your siggy in your signature.

1: right click on the image and select save as to your computer
2: sign up for a free image hosting account at www.photobucket.com
3: Upload your image to photobucket
4: copy the image url the one that will look like this [img] url here [/img]
5: Paste the img url into your signature and viola!!

Glad you like it!!

Kristin did you get the doll I made for sydney? LMK
MichelleRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2004, 10:45 AM   #13  

Height: 5 foot

Hello Everyone! Quick post today! I didn't exercise... no surprise...but I don't think I over ate.. I had a chicken quesadilla and two hard tacos for lunch, but I don't remember eating that much of anything else except for half of a Tv dinner I had. Today I didn't get to exercise, the baby woke up at 6 am... so maybe when she takes her nap.... I gotta get back on track.. I just got to. Anyways I need to get back on the ball with counting calories and journaling.. I just havent been doing it! I packed up everything.. and now I can't find all of my stuff. Oh well, we went to the beach last night... and it was wonderful!! I had a blast.. but I always do. I took pictures of the sky, it was so many colors. When it was red it reflected on the water.. it was soo pretty! Now that made me feel much better. I could just stay there forever! My DH said not to wear him out on the beach.. he just dont appreciate it like I do. He loves fishing.. but anywhere that has water...applies to that!! That's ok. Summer is almost over, and I'd like to wear myself out on the beach! I don't think that's possible! The look on my daughters face shen she is playing in the water, and watching my son dive in and out like I used to.. just makes me feel like I'm doing something. I might take them back today, because the park is too far to drive, and we have no gas! Well I havent eaten anything yet but some grapes. I didn't even cook last night like I was supposed to. I started getting ready for the beach.. and it never happened. I will cook early today. I bought my hubby a necklace off of ebay.. he had a favorite magnetic necklace with an arrow head on it, but it was broken.. I think I found one just like it.. I couldnt tell if the ends were magnetic or not.. but it looked exactly like it, I'm waiting for it to come in. Hopefully he'll be excited and not ask how much it was like he always do...That get's annoying....Anyways I better get off this computer before I don't do anything else. I hope everyone has a great day!
Jaymi_Dol_78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2004, 10:45 AM   #14  

Spryng.. morning routine is:

check email and respond to posts
eat
exercise
shower and get fully dressed....down to the shoes...lol
empty dishwasher
fix bed
15 minute declutter
clean up after kids Breakfast
Wipe down bathroom counter top and toilet....and hang towel I usually find from Dh on the floor.lol

Night time:
Clean up from dinner and polish that sink..
get rid of pile on the dining room table from the day.
clean up the rest of the toys kids had out.
sweep kitchen and dining room floors.
wipe down counters.
wipe down bathroom sink again. From kids brushing teeth.
put shoes in a neat arrangement. they always end up thrown around my foyer. I moved them all to the closets last night. We'll se how long that lasts. lol
Old 08-11-2004, 10:47 AM   #15  

Height: 5 foot

QOTD- Ok, I am 5’0

Penny- I have a multivitamin, but it makes my tummy hurt.. I try to take it.. But I suck when it comes to taking pills.. That’s why I’m on the BC patch

Crystal- I agree with Geri… the only lucky thing he would get from me is a punch in the mouth! Ohhh that makes me mad!!! I know how it feels to have a sick child and have to go to a doctors office.. Or ANYWHERE for that matter!! That really sucks!

Michelle- Darn it.. But it seems like PMS is contagious though! We all seem to have it at the same time.. And we aren’t even by each other! Anyways I just wanted to know know you you could make me a pink blinky name thngy.. Or tell me where I can go to make one! … Like I don’t have enough stuff on my siggy!

Mel- Great job on dropping those lbs girl! Now that’s something that I wish would wear off on me over here! Glad you’re feeling better

Cindi- That is too funny! That’s how I feel, if they steal my name.. They wont’ get any credit cards or anything in my name!! Good luck on your tubal!!

Leigh- Glad you’re feeling better!!! I have yahoo messenger also.. Not like I get to ever chat with you chickies.. But just in case ya wanted to know! :lol;

Spryng- Are those buffalo wings real meat.. or is that soy? Ive never seen that before… I’ve only tried the sausage breakfast patties which taste awful!! But one of my friends says that the corndogs, nuggets, etc are great. I didn’t cook last night.. So same menu for today! Oh, and I’ll get back to you on my daily schedule… I gotta figure it out! And I WISH I was 5’4 !!!

Well to everyone I missed.. Hello!! And I apologize.. I ran through 2 threads.. And now I’m totally confused and tired! I hope everyone has a great day!
Jaymi_Dol_78 is offline   Reply With Quote