Old 08-24-2004, 05:31 PM   #31  
xO kAiTIkaT xO

Smile

hey girls!!! HAPPY EARLY BIRTHDAY!!! YOO HOO!!! haha! i have been eating a lot. but today i weighed myself and i weighed a little less than yesterday. i dont get it. well i did excercise. whatever...i guess i doesnt matter if i weigh less right?!? haha. geezzz...i wouldnt stop eating over a guy...i would eat more!!! haha. well ill talk to you all later.

-kaitikat
kaitikat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2004, 01:29 AM   #32  

Happy Early Birthday, Cyndy!

I don't think a slice of cake would hurt...it IS your 21st birthday, after all.

I am SO incredibly happy to hear about your change in lifestyle. That's really all we need to lose weight. Once you're in that state of mind, you'll definitely succeed.

I called my best friend, hoping she'd console me. But she couldn't, didn't. You have no idea what you just said means to me. Thank you. I DO hope things will change. But...he's completely ignoring me now (I don't know why he's mad). I feel as if even I lost my appetite, I'm still eating more than other people. It seems that girls just don't eat.
Me on a diet=them eating more than usual.

Kaitikat, you're always so cheerful! I love that lol! I'm curious...when you say you "ate alot", how much are you talking about? I always wonder what other people's definition of overeating is.

I've definitely lost weight, thanks to you girls. I tried on some pants that were tight last month, and now they're quite loose. Oh, and I went on a shopping spree (I do that when I'm depressed) and found that my usual size at American Eagle was loose. Thanks for the support.

Oh, and Cyndy, I hope all your wishes come true on your birthday
MissyK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2004, 03:56 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 145/132/115

Height: 5'2.5

Kaitikat - Just a thought on how you said that you were still losing weight although eating more...it is probably because you revved up your metabolism and maybe weren't eating enough beforehand? Either way, it is good every now and then to increase calories for a couple days, I used to notice that I would lose weight too! How crazy hehe.

Hey MissyK, I am so proud of you. You have been doing extraordinarily well with your eating habits and both you and Kaitikat are such an inspiration. I have actually been doing fine this week. I didn't overeat at all, I didn't even really count calories, but I can always tell when I have had too much! Today I ate slightly more than I should have throughout the morning but that just means I don't eat much for the rest of the day which shouldn't be a problem because I have to go out with my mom for a bit, and then I am seeing a movie tonight with one of my friend's. I just have to make sure I don't buy that stupid junk food - which I know I won't because that isn't even a question - it's soo expensive at the movies and so not good for you.

Anyways, MissyK, I have been thinking about you, and your situation with the guy. I think you said that he was being a little rude to you...and from his perspective, he does have a "reason". You hurt his ego last year by not giving your number, and I'm guessing with no explanation. He feels hurt and rejected, he thinks you didn't like him and therefore didn't want to pursue anything. I have had so many guy problems in my day, along with my friends, that I know these things inside-out! Believe me, if he is being rude it is because he feels like a loser for trying and not having feelings reciprocated.

This is what I was thinking. I understand he has a girlfriend and all, but if this truly bothers you, I would say something to him. I have learned that you will only regret it if you don't. You don't have to say dump your gf and go out with me, but maybe something along the lines of why you didn't want to pursue things last summer and give him your #. Tell him that it's been bothering you and you have wanted to get this off your chest for a long time and you just want him to know that it had nothing to do with you not liking him back but you felt at the time he was too old for you and you weren't sure what to do. Tell him that as time passed you realized you made a big mistake. Ask if you guys can even just have a friendship, that you think he is a great person and a friendship is all your asking for at this point. Or simply just let him know that you still think about him and wish things couldve turned out differently. It's hard for me to pinpoint exactly what I would say, I would need more detail about how well you know him, and what you would be comfortable saying to him and so on. But I feel for you, and know how hard it is. And I completely understand having a best friend who doesn't have much advice for you. My best friend just kinda shrugs off the subject of my ex boyfriend and acts like it is stupid and unimportant. I just let it go because ever since she got a boyfriend 2 years ago I hardly see her and we aren't nearly as close - we used to be glued at the hip, went and did everything together. Unfortunately, as I grow up I see that things are never what they seem..no one could have told me way back that me and her wouldn't be as close and hang out that much one day. It's sad, but it is life, it's not supposed to go as you planned or think it would. There is always a good side to the things we don't like, but you have to look for it and discover what it is.

Sorry, I am rambling now. I could go on about these subjects for a long time. Oh yeah, and my ex emailed me back and said his trip was cancelled so he will be around for my b-day. I wonder if he will actually show up to the club? That would be weird I haven't seen him in awhile. Anyways...we'll see....it's actually a little stressful.

On a side note, I worked out everyday this week. 45 mins on Mon, 1 hour on Tues and 30 mins today! yeah! hehe

Bye ladies,
Cyndy
cyndy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2004, 09:17 PM   #34  
xO kAiTIkaT xO

Smile

hey girls! i have like nothing to talk about. you guys always have a long post.
haha! i have been kinda maintaining my weight. im kinda happy about that. today i went to the local fair they hold every year. i ate a doughnut...a bagel...uhhh...diet pepsi...and some clam strips. (they are SO GOOD!!!) and dont forget the salad i ate for dinner!!! geeezz...is that a lot of food? kinda. well i start school on the 30th. i cant wait! i want to see all of my friends! ttyl!

-kaitikat
Old 08-26-2004, 12:37 PM   #35  

Hey girls..

Well so far, so good this week. I haven't had a binge and everything is going great. I havent weighed myself b/c I dont want that to discourage me when it is all coming along so smoothly.

Although, I have had a big decrease in my appetite today. MissyK, I think I am joining you on the "guy problems, therefore I can't eat!". It has just been stressful and food has no appeal right now. I talked to the ex, and apparently him and his friend are probably coming to Montreal with me and one of my girl friends for a little getaway on the long weekend (labour day weekend). I can't even imagine going on a road trip with him, because we have had quite a few significant problems in our past relationship, I think he thinks I cheated on him (which i didn't) and he just doesn't see ANYTHING from my point of view. We just start bickering and fighting and screaming whenever the subject comes up. He blames me for what happened between us and if I didn't do certain things that we would probably still be together blah blah blah. But I miss him so much and almost cry myself to sleep every night over it. Anyways, I'll shut up about it now - I just had to talk about it because I only talked to him this morning over MSN and we got into it a bit.

Anyways, I need to workout and I really felt like it before, but now my motivation is slipping away adn I dont feel like doing it. I just feel overwhelmed and stuff. I think later on today I am going to the mall for a bit of shopping and maybe to donate blood but i don't really wanna do that because they make you eat cookies hehe.

That's it for now. I am trying to get motivation to go workout.

Talk to you later!
Cyndy
Old 08-27-2004, 04:04 AM   #36  

Thanks for the advice, Cyndy. It's just what I need. I think you should just enjoy your time with him on the roadtrip, despite your past difficulties. After all, you're going to be there anyway...might as well avoid bickering and savour the very moment you're by his side.

I guess I should be happy that thinking about him makes my appetite diminish. Although I went out with my friend to eat today, I didn't eat much. I had a scoop of ice cream, though

B: apple, grapes (150 cal)
L: 3 rolls of sushi, scoop of ice cream (about 800 cal)
D: california roll (no mayo) (200 cal)
S: grapes (50 cal)

I feel so bad for you, Cyndy...but at the same time I'm glad there's someone going through this with me. Your words mean so much. Tonight I talked to him. Although he was distant, at least he didn't ignore me.

Kaitikat, it looks like you're doing wonderfully! Whenever you say you ate ALOT, I just think, "what?! that's not much!" I'm sure you'll get to your goal soon! Are you still sticking to your bran muffin diet everyday? Let me ask you...since you're now so close to your goal, do you find losing to be harder? I'm feeling like I've stopped losing.
Old 08-29-2004, 03:17 PM   #37  
xO kAiTIkaT xO

Smile

hey girlies. i start school tomorrow and i have lots and lots of butterflies. i just found out that there is a kid in my class that i like. i am so nervous. ill tell you why im nervous...last year he found out that i liked him. my friend told him. i dont really know if i still like him though. cause he said i was ugly...oh well. he might remember me. maybe this year he'll find out what im really like...on he inside...funny...nice...and other things. i kno im not fat and i kno im not skinny. hey i have bad news...i gined TWO pounds.
i was at the fair...that should explain it all. oh well ill just have to lose it. and it is kinda hard to lose these last pounds. wish me luck at school!

-kaitikat
Old 08-30-2004, 03:40 AM   #38  

GOOD luck at school, Kaitikat! I'm sure it'll be great!

Today:
B: oatmeal and milk
L: vegetable soup, chicken teriyaki with rice
D: vegetarian sushi
S: 4 mini donuts

I'm sure it's only water weight, Kaikikat...you can't really gain 2lbs from being at the fair. At least, I don't think so. You should be proud of yourself for coming this far!

As for me, I've had a great day!!! OMG I talked to the guy I liked today...on a very "friends only" level...but I'm getting the feeling that he likes me again. I don't know...you tell me...but I caught him looking at me when I was making some sales. And he automatically sat down next to me when I was on my break! Aaaah!!!! But...he's nice to everyone, though. hmm so maybe I'm just assuming too much

oh, and Cyndy, I replied to your other post already! So...read!

LOOK AT MY SIGNATURE!!! Down 2lbs! For good! It's not just water weight!
Old 08-30-2004, 07:23 PM   #39  

CONGRATS MISSY K!!!

You are amazing!!! 111 lbs is incredible in my opinion. I would love to see a picture of you once just to imagine what I may possibly look like one day at that weight hehehe

As far as that guy, if he keeps taking glances of ya, I'm sure there is a little somethin' somethin' in his mind for you. Afterall, we can't forget he did want your phone number last year and since nothing ever happened, there is usually a longing in someone wondering "what if".

You sound happy to me, and you deserve every darn bit of it cuz you're a wonderful person. I hope something happens with him. At the very least I hope you are feeling better about the situation.

And Ms.Kaitikat! I believe today was your first day back to school. How was it? Give us an update! That guy you mentioned that you liked but called you ugly to your friend is totally not worth your time. He sounds immature and is not worthy of a fabulous person like you. You are too good for him. My advice is before you even get started with someone like him, drop the idea before you get too involved and then it it SO much harder to get out. I only say that so bluntly because I know how it is from experience. Find someone else to keep your eye on

Hope you are both doing great.
Old 09-01-2004, 03:32 AM   #40  

Thanks, Cyndy!
I'd LOVE to send a picture! Hmm first I'd have to take some pictures *lol*. You won't believe how long I've been avoiding the camera! I've been trying to save up for a digital camera...but I'm just not willing to spend all that money. But definitely, I'll send a pic one of these days!
I ate ALOT today, though. Oh well, I'm not going to beat myself up. I worked out to make up for it! I walked for about 4 hrs nonstop. I ate today:
Full order of pasta
Chocolate cake slice
caramilk chocolate bar
2 chocolate chip cookies
orange julius smoothie
slice of pizza

HOLY coW, EH?!?!?! But...that's what happens when I have too much fun with my friends...no regrets no regrets. Man...that must be...3000 cals or something!

Last edited by MissyK; 09-01-2004 at 03:42 AM.
Old 09-01-2004, 08:20 AM   #41  

Hey MissyK - don't worry about the food, the main thing is you didn't keep going and decide I might as well double that amount! Sometimes it doesn't even make a difference in your weight, so once in awhile I say just have fun and start back with the healthy food tomorrow.
I want a digital camera too! But you are right they are expensive and I'm not sure I want to blow the money on one right now. I am thinking to ask my ex to help me pick one out because he has an electronics store and could probably get me a deal on it! haha
On that note, I had a very long talk with him the other night like from 11 pm - 3:30 am. We finally put closure to a lot of issues that have occured and he was saying things like "I'm not sure I am ready to give up on you yet" and he thinks our trip to Montreal may help us sort things out and so on. It is really such an odd situation I think. As much as I want to be with him, I know there will still be problems but for now I am not going to over-analyze like I always do, and just go and have a blast on the weekend.
When all this happened with him and it looked like there was NO chance, I thought of you MissyK...If it is possible for me to have another chance with him (and seriously no one could have predicted this because it appeared over and done with to the extreme) - I would say don't give up - There is always that chance!

I just got up so I havent eaten anything today b/c I just got up but yesterday's eating went ok. I never write it down anymore so I can never recap it here, but you know what, today I will and I shall write it here for you guys tomorrow.
At night when I want to go downstairs and eat something before bed, I just tell myself "lie down and try to go to sleep and then if you realllllly still want something, have it" Every single time I lie down and forget about food. I start thinking about things and people and so on and I fall asleep, no questions asked! So it's kind of like a deal with myself to try sleeping instead of eating and it always works. I am never usually hungry then anyways, I just feel like nibbling.
Old 09-04-2004, 03:17 AM   #42  

I'm FINALLY 110lbs!!! AND I have 3 days before school!!!

I weighed myself after eating all this:
B: toast and fruit
L: beef, rice and italian spaghetti sauce
D: BBQ rib sandwich and fries

I don't think I could have EVER done it without this thread! You guys are great! We have to stick together! We'll get to our goals, no matter how long it takes!!!

And Cyndy, thanks for helping me out with my guy problems! Your encouragement means so much to me. Honestly. So anyway, I'm glad you had a chance to talk to him...you're much more fortunate than me.
Old 09-05-2004, 07:32 PM   #43  

MissyK, you are my IDOL. CONGRATULATIONS for an amazing job with your weight loss. Girl, you got it - you're absolutely amazing. I am in extreme envy of you! But I also know how hard you have been working to get to this point. Would you say you still had a few "mess up" days and if so, why do you think you were still able to lose weight? One other question that I am wondering - Do you think looking back that for most of the time you have gone hungry or not too bad. I am asking because if it was really hard to stick to your diet how do you feel about maintenance? (Of course you will do just fine because your a pro at this! and we all know its a matter of keeping it up). Lastly, at what rate did you lose per week?

Anyways, if you weighed after all that food, then in all likelihood you weigh LESS than 110 lbs because the weight of the food and beverages you had during the day would increase it.

I just got home from my trip to Montreal and I am tired! But I think I'm still headin out tonight because might as well take advantage of my time off before school. One more night of partying!

Today I was not hungry at all. I didnt eat in the morning b/c i had to pack and in the car ride I simply just didnt have an appetite. I got a Tim Hortons small iced cappacino made with milk. Just before for dinner I went with my friend to Licks and got their veggie burger and fries. And I didn't finish the fries. I am very proud of myself lately for trying to follow my hunger cues and waiting until I am hungry to eat, and not overeating when I do. I wonder what my weight is like after this weekend. We'll see tomorrow!
Old 09-06-2004, 10:51 AM   #44  

Alrighty girls, so I weighed myself this morning for the heck of it, because I havent in awhile and I wanted to see what the junk food and alcohol in Montreal did to me!
Well, apparently it was good for me LOL. Okay maybe not good, but I never overate and I am down to 132 or 133 lbs! That is another 2 pounds gone. I had to weigh a couple times because I thought I was seeing things. It is very exciting. But also scary. I don't mean to be pessimistic, but I have this fear like what if today I can't do what I did yesterday. What if it was just a fluke and I start going crazy eating waay too much or something. I know it sounds stupid, but I havent been successful in so long that it's an unfamiliar feeling. But thinking on it, I am down roughly 7 or 8 pounds and it wasn't ever very hard. Small changes people. hehehe. LIke number one, I just stopped the aimless snacking at night. Easy change, big results.
Old 09-06-2004, 06:34 PM   #45  
xO kAiTIkaT xO

Smile

CONGRADULATIONS ON LOSING THE WEIGHT!!!!!!
haha. hey girlies. sorry i havent talked to you in a while. i just got bac from maryland with my friend. i ate a lot. i just forgot about my diet and ate whatever my skinny friend ate. oh well. haha. i started school. its ok. hey i saw a cute guy!!! haha. hes a lot cuter lookin than the other guy!!! haha. i have to strt up my diet again tomorrow. i have to lose these pounds before i go crazy! haha. well i have to go get my lunch ready for school tomorrow! ttyl.

-kaitikat