Old 08-07-2004, 02:04 PM   #16  
2BoysMom

Good afternoon all,

Just waiting for 3:00 for our summer party to start. Everything's just about ready. Hope you all have a great day and that some of you get some SLEEP!!!!
Take care
Chubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2004, 02:24 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 307/187/130

Height: 5'4"

QOTD: My doll cradle that my grandfather made for me as well. It is so special to me and more so since he passed 1.5 years ago. I miss him much but I know he visits us daily. Mel how funny I was going to say my cradle and then I got to your post and you had it as well. I still have my big doll cradle my grandpa made for me and a small one too, I have a picture of Teagan in the big cradle I'll look for it later and post it.

Not much today just catching up on sleep I've only got about 6 hours of sleep in the last 2 days. Also I've been wicked stressed over this girl I work with who is totally lazy and even more incompetent, I'm really trying to maintain my composure around her so I don't club her over the head with a bat lol....she's really that bad. 2 times this last week she didn't count her cash drawer and the till was off 5 dollars the first time and 1.5 the second ugghhh!! No one at work cares for her because she doesn't do anything and doesnt help anyone do anything, and she thinks we're better than everyone else!! Oh did I ever mention that she has a baby but she never had sex? She says that her hymen was intact.....YEAH RIGHT!! Seeing as most of us break our hymen before having sex anyway by riding a bike or any other numerous things...She didn't like my doctor because my doctor told her she was a liar!! LOL go figure!! Okay I'm done venting lol.

Mel I think you asked what size my girls wear, Taylor is a 3T almost a 4T the only problem we have in finding clothes for Tay is that she is wicked tall and wicked thin. Teagan is in 12mos we have truckloads of clothes for her lol I'm glad I saved them all from taylor.

Spryng I'm sorry you arent feeling well I hope it passes quickly. I love tea as well, I have a peach tea that I love and I love mothers milk tea I drank it when I was nursing and pregnant, it has raspberry leaves in it and is supposed to help the female reproductive organs. I can't say I noticed any of that but it tasted good lol. Chat tonight?

Jill I'm so sorry I didn't come on when I got home last night I was soooo tired and just laid down, well I couldnt sleep at first so I read some of my book (currently reading "Me talk pretty one day") and then fell asleep I think about 2:30am then Teagan was up off and on until 7 so I got very little sleep so hubby is letting me relax today! I just love him he's so good to me!

Well this year I've decided to do a homeschool pre-school session with Taylor 4 days a week for 2 hours a day. Shes really been learning a lot on the computer with her pooh reading and letter game. She can say the alphabet with a few mistakes and she can pick the capital letters out on flash cards and know what they are, but I really need to work with her on lowercase, I was told by a teacher, that if they learn all caps first its hard for them to grasp the concept of lowercase so I'm going to work on that with her.

Anyway I'm gonna catch a quick nap now I'll be back in a bit!
Michelle
MichelleRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2004, 02:53 PM   #18  
SAHM of 3

Michelle, that's great about homeschooling. How old is she? I think it's easier for them to learn one before the other. All the homeschool curriculum I've seen and use, teaches the big ones first and then the small ones. We call it the mama and the baby. I think they get it faster and easier than we think they do. Good luck with that. I'm gonna work with Ally on shapes, colors and such, which she knows well, but we're gonna turn it into "school" for her. She knows her alphabets but not in recognition and I'm not gonna focus on that until next year when she's 4 and we do REAL pre-school for her. This year it will be just to make her feel big.
Geri, have fun at the party.
Spryng, I am sorry you woke up sick. I think you passed your cold to me. I've still got this sinus headache and I'm stuffy. Oh well.
QOTD: I don't know. I mean it depends on the age. I did the barbie thing, then the cabbage patch thing, the stuffed animal thing and such. So I don't think I had a favorite. When I was 8 years old, our house burned down to the ground and we lost EVERYTHING. So I got all NEW toys but nothing totally special that I can remember.
TTYL
watkinsguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2004, 02:57 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Hello again.

I'm so glad I got most of my housework done earlier because my little bit of energy is gone! I'm ready for a nap, I just took some more cold tablets so I hope that helps me rest a little and gets rid of this cough. I can't sleep in my room if I am coughing like crazy because Tanner is in here and I'll wake him up. So I'm trying to let this medicine work a little before I lay down. Why is it you always cough more when lying down anyway??
But I got my kitchen all done, laundry about done, living room and bathroom done. Then I went into the bathroom and my carpet was soaked. Looks like the toilet overflowed again... I'm beginning to worry about my plumbing. Dh thought he fixed it when he plunged it and the tub (that is what made it overflow the last time) but I was running the dishwasher and my washing machine so I'm not sure which device made it overflow again, or maybe it was the combination. Who knows... so now I have lots of soggy towels and a fan in there to dry it up before it ruins our boards underneath the carpet.

Michelle, that girl sounds nutso.. lol... how would she know if it was still there or not?? is she a gyno?? I doubt it. And if sex didn't rupture it childbirth sure will! LOL. I don't know if I'll be at chat tonight or not. Depends on how the rest of the day goes... I'm pretty sleepy right now but that could pass. I'm doing the same kind of homeschool thing with Ava right now. I have lots of preschool and kindergarten cd-roms she plays and she's really good at them, one is even a 1st grade one and she sails through it, I also bought her a work book at walmart for kindergarten so she can practice her writing and all that... she loves it! Let us know how Taylor likes it!

Geri, I hope your party is lots of fun! I'm sure it will be, old friends and great conversation. I'm so jealous!! And save me a brownie!! LOL

mel, I'm glad you are feeling more rested! And thanks for asking about me, I'm feeling ok... just got this stinking cold, maybe it's the congestion that is making my stomach sour?? Not sure.

Cindi, lazy kids?? Never met any! LOL... I had to force Bubba into cleaning the living room today too.. no amount of bribing was working, lol. But it got done and everyone was happy. Ava is a good helper though... she likes to earn those stars!

Jill, flylady has a section on her website on how to keep doing her routines with a job or school schedule. Really 15 min a day isn't much to ask but I get behind as well. Today though I made my bed, got dressed and did my morning routine! I'm so proud of myself! LOL. This next weeks zone is the kitchen so I got a head start today on it.

Well, guess I will get off here now. Hopefully I'll have more energy when I wake up. TTYL!
spryng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2004, 03:19 PM   #20  

Good afternoon ladies!

My mom and grandma will be here in a couple of hours, the boys are down for a nap, so I should be able to finish up the last of the housework without a problem.

Michelle, that woman sounds truly insane. I had to laugh at Spryngs comment about "how would she know?" It's true! And who the heck cares anyways? What's she trying to prove? It must suck to have to deal with her on a regular basis! You are a much stonger woman than I am by keeping your composure. LOL What a nut job!

Geri, have fun at your party!!!

Crystal, hope that cold that Spryng gave you passes quickly. Try and rest as much as possible. It sucks being sick when you are pregnant, there's hardly anything you can take to ease the pains!

Spryng, I take it you found some low cal bagels? I'm still searching for some better ones as mine are pretty high, like 5 points for a whole one. The whole wheat ones are a little better, but I get sick of whole wheat everything after a while. Know what I mean?

I'm saving up points to try out a new margarita recipe: Blackberry Margaritas. Yum Yum! I had bought a half a flat of blackberries at the farmer's market a month ago and froze them for smoothies and such. Since finding another use for them I will go buy some more next week.

ARG, the boys are fighting their nap! I swear they "know" when I need to get things done and try and thwart me!

QOTD: I remember a special doll from when I was pretty small, like 4-5 years old. I think she was called Baby Light Brite. She wore little PJ's and had short curly blonde hair and big blue eyes. When you squeezed her hand her eyes would light up. I loved her, but she kind of scared me too, with those big eyes! I should look on Ebay for her, I'd like to find her again. I know I'm weird!

Well I better step to it!

Hi to everyone else, Mel, Jill, Lori, Geri, Leigh, Cindi, and anyone else I'm missing.
DianeJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2004, 03:25 PM   #21  

crystal- Taylor will be 3 at the end of this month. I just want to make sure she is ready to go to school when the time comes so she doesnt get put behind in school. She has been doing great learning with the computer learning games and it also teaches her hand eye coordination which is good as well. Do you know of any good Preschool text books or worksheets? Taylor knows her shapes already we've been working on them with the shape box and she can name them all when she puts them in. But we definately need to work on her colors she can say the names but she confuses them with eachother. Anyway I can't wait to get a start on it

Is Abeka expensive? How bout Bob Jones?
LMK
Michelle
Old 08-07-2004, 03:30 PM   #22  

LMAO!!! Yes she is a total nut job!! I know it isn't just me who thinks so because no one can stand her lol. Actually she said that it was medically proven that she was still a virgin, thats when my doctor told her she was full of it! She thinks her ex drugged her and got her pregnant, well even so then she still wouldnt be a virgin and her hymen wouldn't be intact unless of course.....here comes the guttermind.....he's hung like a mouse lmao!! Sorry guys I couldnt stop myself from going there lol.

How are you feeling today Di?

Spryng I'm not sure If I'll be up for chat either I'm pretty tired myself.

Ok I'm off to rest again, lol
Michelle
Old 08-07-2004, 03:43 PM   #23  

Michelle, maybe she was artifically enseminated...sp....LOL.

Di, have fun with your mother.
melmcc99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2004, 03:45 PM   #24  

lmao I think her issue is that she is one of those people who has that "holier than thou" attitude and it grates on my nerves in a very bad way!! Ok I'm done talking about he hose beast!! (my secret name for her!) LOLOLOL!!
Old 08-07-2004, 03:50 PM   #25  

Oh wait I lied....I was talking to her about how I was losing weight and changing my eating and such and she was trying to tell me all this crap about how sbd isn't good because it's not balanced and ww wasn't good for, I can't remember the reason she gave but anyway that pissed me off to say the least so I looked at her (she's about 240 lbs) and said (as she was eating doritos and pizza hut) anyway so I said to her "Oh and it looks like you would know all about it seeing that you are stuffing your face with pizza and doritos" She shut up and hasn't preached to me about "diet" since.

Also she says that her labor was harder than anyones because she pushed for 2.5 hours and I said "ummmm.....okay.....have you ever had a csection?" of course with her she has the best and worst of everything. UGHHHHH I hate to say it but.....Do any of you have a shovel I can borrow? LOL JK

Ok I'm obviously not going to take a nap lol damn cartoons are keeping me awake and interested lol
Ok I'm outtie I'm sure you're tired of hearing from me. lol
Michelle
Old 08-07-2004, 03:58 PM   #26  

Michelle, I don't have a shovel, but I have hip boots.....lol...Just kidding.
Old 08-07-2004, 03:59 PM   #27  

Quote:
Originally Posted by melmcc99
Michelle, I don't have a shovel, but I have hip boots.....lol...Just kidding.
OMG this is great!!! What a hoot!! I'm kidding as well but, I do hope she gets fired lmao!!
Old 08-07-2004, 04:19 PM   #28  

Michelle, I had a very similar situation once. The girl thought she was so great and fast at her work, but she made mistakes constantly. She hated me I could tell. And she had once told me something like she wanted to poison someones apple...she said she was kidding of course. BUT, one day she brought me an apple. I threw it in the garbage. I couldnt' bring myself to eat it even though it was my favorite. grrrr!!!
Old 08-07-2004, 04:39 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

OK.. this cold medicine is for the birds!! I was sooo tired when I posted last and then the meds kicked in and I couldn't fall asleep to save my life! And I'm tired! Don't you just hate that? O-well... guess I'll try to get in bed early tonight.

Michelle, I think I've worked with that girl before too, lol. There is one in every bunch! LOL.

Di, how long will your mom and grandma be at your house? I hope you have a great visit and the boys let you get your housework done, lol. The bagels I found weren't the ones Geri told me about.. they didn't have those, but they are whole wheat and are 4 pts for the whole thing.. so I ate half with 1 T of ff cream cheese for a total of 2.5 pts, it was good and carried me until lunch. Was it a baby light bright or rainbow bright? I had a rainbow bright doll once and she was cute! She's coming back now too! Just like care bears and strawberry shortcake!

Crystal, so sorry you caught my cold! I know you must feel miserable because I know I do! I told you to stay away from me, lol.

Well, I guess I'm going to work on dinner now. What is everyone else having?
spryng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2004, 04:48 PM   #30  
Walking away the weight

Okay - another flyby for me today, but I "restart" WW tomorrow, so that will also be my new WI day - probably makes the most sense, huh? I'll catch up tomorrow. This week has been insanely busy and we've also had some internet connection issues! But I've been thinking of ya'll! TTYL.
Loveliam is offline   Reply With Quote