Old 08-06-2004, 11:43 AM   #1  
Muffin Evergreen Diva

Default New Year, New Goals, New Me Week 32

Hi all.

Thought I would start up the last thread I'll be on until after surgery. I might not have a chance to write again, as things are crazy busy here.

My goal is to heal quickly, take it easy, get over this cold before surgery, and just enjoy some well-needed time off. I am due to be off work for two weeks, starting Tuesday morning.

I hope you all can keep the thread going, but if not, I'll start it up again upon my return.

Jolly, Connie, Chequita and Dan--best of luck to you all these next two weeks and I hope to hear about some great successes!!

Chach
Chachee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2004, 12:17 PM   #2  

Here's to Chachee - a successful surgery, quick recovery, and PERKINESS! We will miss you, be thinking of you, and have Bat ready and waiting if needed when you get back.
jollygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2004, 10:37 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 272/245/174

Height: 5'10

Best wishes for a speedy recovery, Chach.

I've been following SBD, Jolly. Still in 2 week initial phase. Doing well so far.

Be well, all

dan
dannyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2004, 07:42 AM   #4  

I'm glad you have something that works well for you, Dan.

I kind of had fun yesterday. Tried on some clothes - donated some that were too big (even a few "favorites" that were hard to let go of even though old and shabby). REalized my tall riding boots now fit. And a pair of jeans I hadn't been able to get into in awhile are now a tad big. How fun is that?

Then, I realized I was hungry. I shouldn't have been. Ate well, probably even a bit too much, throughout the day. But I was definitely feeling hungry. I didn't want to eat. But finally decided on a glass of skim milk. It took the edge off, and I was able to get to sleep.

Here's to a great day
Old 08-08-2004, 08:44 PM   #5  

Sounds like you got through a potential pitfall pretty well, Jolly.

I've managed to keep on program all weekend despite having friends over for dinner Saturday night and being away from home all day today. I probably had a little more to drink than I should have last night, but the scale was forgiving. I think I'm looking at about a 7 pound loss for my first week back on track. And, it feels good to be back on track.

Here's to a great week.
[
Old 08-09-2004, 06:23 AM   #6  

Thanks, Dan. Unfortunately, didn't do so well the rest of the weekend. actually, to be fair to myself, Saturday I did not do badly at all. Had a little bit of popcorn at the movie theater, but not a lot. I shared a medium with my friend, and we ate about half the box total. Yesterday, however, was bad. I was overtired, which is always a trigger, and did not self monitor. If it sounded tasty, I ate it. I didn't buy anything extra to eat, just ate a lot of what was in the house. Unfortunately, I am sure the scale will show it this morning. I need to find a plan for when I am tired, so I don't overeat.

Chachee, if you are checking in, I am thinking about you, and hope things go well
Old 08-10-2004, 06:12 AM   #7  

Just want to send a quick good luck to Chachee. Today is the big day, I know. I hope all goes well.

Had a bit of a backslide yesterday. I think I was still feeling bad about Sunday, so ate some more. Not good. And I will not allow it to continue into today. Today is a new day, and I will eat in a healthy and respectful manner.

Anyone? Anyone? Hope you have a good day, and find time to check in.
Old 08-10-2004, 10:59 AM   #8  

I'm holding a good thought for Chachee, too.

Most have been something in the air, or in the stars, yesterday. I had a bad day, too.

I got too bold on Sunday and baked cookies for the kids. First, I ate some stuff that I really should not have at lunch, and then, when I got home, I attacked the cookies. I can't even guess how many, but it was more than a few.

Today is going well so far. Let's keep it up

db

Last edited by dannyb; 08-10-2004 at 11:35 AM.
Old 08-10-2004, 01:11 PM   #9  

Well, here's to taking steps in the right direction. Have a good day Danny.
Old 08-11-2004, 06:13 AM   #10  

Here's to a good day for all of us. I made myself go to my TOPS meeting last night, even though I was feeling really down on myself for my poor choices the last couple of days. I actually had a loss, and got the support and motivation I need to get over this funk, and get back moving in the right direction.

Speaking of moving, I had better, as I have an aerobics class in less than an hour. Have a great day all.
Old 08-12-2004, 12:40 PM   #11  

Default Thursday 8/12

Hey ya'll

I've had a busy week and finally got a chance to get to the library so I could get in here.

I had a good weigh-in Mon, I lost the 1-lb I gained. So far this week I have stayed OP and I got in a 30 minute walk yesterday.

I am getting ready to tackle my closets and pack up all of the clothes that I can no longer wear and the clothes that I have never worn because I never lost enough weight to fit into them then sell them in a yard sale. I've also got to start shopping for new fall clothes since my old ones are too big.

I got a message from Chequita - she's been busy and says hello to everyone.

I hope CHACHEE is feeling "perky" today; hope the surgery went well and that we hear from you soon.

JOLLY - congrats on your loss and for not giving in to negative feelings. We have to forget about what we did yesterday and concentrate on today and not make the same mistakes.

Hello DAN - so glad to meet you; I am a newbie here.

Hope for all a healthy food day.
dixiedarlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2004, 07:59 PM   #12  

Hey Connie, so glad to hear from you. Congrats on the loss. Every little bit helps. And congrats on needing new clothes. Isn't it a great feeling, when things are too big? I just got back from a kickboxing class, and need to grab some supper and early bed. Have an early shift at work. Have a great night everyone.,