Old 08-05-2004, 02:07 PM   #31  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

S/C/G: 208/162/135

Height: 5' 2.5"

Hi Ladies,
My floor was sooo dirty that I think it gave me a workout! LOL The kids thought this week was spill anything you wanted on the floor!

When I was on the phone with Melissa, Hunter pulled out the whole thing of popsicles we made and dropped them all over the floor.

Anyhow,
Mel,
I have to say again, your kids have some pretty hair Now I get to see the outfits she was trying on while I was on the phone with you... LOL TOO CUTE!

Jill,
I know about this thread rocking and rolling! I am glad you had such a great drive. But I am sorry Bailey was up all night! That is horrible! Is she teething?

Andrew is almost 14 months (on the 12th). He just cut two of his 2yo molders. Poor baby, he has been hurting with them, very crabby.

Spryng,
I am not sure about the sock dimena. I buy Hunter and Nicholas different socks. Nicholas plays around the house in his and Hunter has socks for school. I buy the Hanes with the grey on the bottom and then I buy the Hanes with it written in red on the bottom. I think the markers will work too. My grandma always safety pins hers together or puts them in a washer bag.... lol But she has a little bit more time than us Sorry I couldn't be of more help!

Crystal,
I hope the kids have fun this year with school. I think public schools start about the same time year. Do they go get tested at some point?

Ok Ladies, I am gonna get some good clothes on to go to karate this evening. My house is pretty much clean thank goodness, just some odd and ends to do

SEE YA TONIGHT! I am gonna try to stay off the puter until late night We will see! LOL

mompen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2004, 02:11 PM   #32  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

S/C/G: 208/162/135

Height: 5' 2.5"

Di,
I missed you again....lol

No fil didn't take a bus... lol (we don't have them here...lol) But he took my van! We will see if he put any gas in it though! The only testing we had for ears was done at the ent when the boys had there t&a done. They just put the headphones on them and they watched the puter screen which was a car that drove into a garage. It wasn't much though.

Have fun at yoga! Who watches the boys for you? Hubby?

I guess we will chat at msn but Michelle did create another site incase msn isn't working....... Heres the link:
http://health.*************.com/group/LosingSAHMs/

Have a great day
mompen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2004, 02:17 PM   #33  
Curves 6-week solution

S/C/G: 159/159/135

Height: 5'4"

I can't believe it's only been 6.5 hours since Crystal started the new thread and we are already on page 3!! That is crazy! Ya right Penny, stay off this thing all day! We will see, I think I would have a better chance staying on plan and getting some exercise in! LOL Ok guys have a great day, I am going to try and get something done too!
Bayleysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2004, 02:18 PM   #34  

Mel darling pictures, just darn cute!

Spyrng, I saw the original exorcist probally a 100 times and still can not watch it alone, and I am totally freaked out about it. My dad loves, I mean loves scary movies so he said he wanted to take me to the new one that is coming out. I don't know yet . I have not seen any of the movies you mentioned though. Maybe I will rent one. It is so hard to watch a movie with these two, and at the end of the day when they are asleep I want to get into bed. They are night owls and won't go down until 9:30-10:00.

Penny thanks, there is so much positive vibes on this thread and such a good support system! I hope to keep posting as often as life lets me .

Di, I really have been thinking about starting yoga. I think it would help with my winter blues I get and just be a great stress reliever. I don't know much about it, my sil in CA does it and she has got a body of a movie star!! Not that I will ever have her body . I hope the best for your boys, one time someone said something about autism about my son and I freaked! He just can't sit still very long. People should not say things that know would hurt or make another person worry. Hugs, I understand.

Well as for my eating today, I have been so busy I have not had anything except water. Yikes!! As for supper like I said earlier something easy! Bye for now....Julie
jbbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2004, 02:22 PM   #35  

Spryng about the socks, I buy colored ones for my little girl. Hope that helps! Or flowered girly ones. Julie
jbbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2004, 02:32 PM   #36  
Curves 6-week solution

OH ya QOTD: Any movie with Julia Roberts in it, especially Pretty woman, gotta love it. Also I love Adam Sandler movies, All time favorite movie is Where the Heart Is, you know the Wal Mart baby movie. I love it! I watched it every other day during the last part of my pregnancy and while I was nursing in the middle of the night still. Ok enough of that! See ya
Old 08-05-2004, 02:32 PM   #37  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Hello again!

Kids just went down for their naps so the house is nice and quiet. I did get two more rows done on my blanket.

Penny, good for you for not letting FIL run all over you! I feel like people think SAHM's are there for thier own use... we really are hard working people and just because we don't have an outside job doesn't mean we want to do favors and errands for everyone else! LOL. Ok, stepping down from my soapbox now, lol. But I know you know what I mean. And I think mopping is a workout! When I do mine it's scrub scrub scrub and even some on my hands and knees to get up juice stains and such. I'd say that is a calorie burner! LOL. Thanks for the sock advice! I guess I could buy them different kinds of socks... makes sense. LOL. And Dh will be back in on the 20th, so not quite 3 weeks.

Di, I hope you have fun at yoga tonight! And a bagel sounds sooo good. I think it's been almost a year since I've eaten a bagel. I just can't find one that is low in pts. Anyone know of one??

Mel, your kids are so cute! Where does the red hair come from?? Oh I see... not one of your kids! LOL, JK!

Jill, where do you work?? And yes, my dh used to be sooo bad about bringing home junk food. I'd be making a really healthy dinner and he'd come walking through the door with McDonald's or Burger King and tell me to just freeze dinner and eat that and I would cave after several minutes of smelling those fries! It took him a long time, and many "talks" to get supportive of my weightloss. But now he is really good.. he only brings me junk when I ask for it and if he eats stuff he knows tempts me he'll eat it before coming home, or after I'm in bed or something like that. So they can be trained! LOL. You don't have a scale?? How do you weigh in weekly? And thanks for the compliments about me being organized and OP.. it's been lots of failed attempts and progress in the making. You should ask Ginny how crazy I used to be about crash diets and "winging" it. I don't know how she put up with me, lol. But once I started ww everything just clicked for me... not that I am perfect all the time but I really try and I've really made lifestyle changes and as you can see it got me to my goal weight and that makes me so happy. So I know I'm doing something right. And I didn't realize we were only a month apart, but you are older than me by a few weeks huh?? So over the hill!!! LOL!!

Cheri, I understand completely what you mean about having a broken nights sleep making you more tired the next day. I always feel like crap if any of my kids wake up at night for anything.. I need continuous sleep to feel normal. Thankfully it doesn't happen often. Sounds like you are doing awesome OP.. getting in exercise and eating well. Most people will throw away the whole day if they eat bad at lunch... that is great that you get right back OP for dinner. Very encouraging!

Well, I've been making out my weekly menu today too. Grocery shopping is tomorrow. I'm trying to eat cheap this week so it's not too many from scratch meals.. but still stuff we like. Well I guess I'll hop off here and grab a nap. TTYL!
spryng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2004, 02:34 PM   #38  

This thread is rockin and rollin!

Penny, LOL it would have been easier for you if there was a bus~! Hope FIL fills that tank for you.

Julie Yoga is a blast, but I always tell people, it's like martial arts, it's all about finding the right teacher for the experience you are looking for. If you are looking to sweat and work out, something like Bikrim, Vinyasa (my style) or any Power Yoga is what you should look for. If not, you should look for a "gentle" style of Yoga. I personally couldn't live without it.

I agree that people should keep thier big mouths shut in regards to our kids, unless of course we ask for thier opinion. So I'm still trying not to worry, just keeping my eyes open. It's difficult being a first time mommy, it's all so new and sometimes scary. You want to do right by your kids, and give them a better life than you had. But it's a fine line from going overboard and doing too much for them as well. It's all a balance.

Has anyone seen that new movie "The Village" i've been hearing such mixed reviews about it that I'll probably wait till it comes out on DVD.

OK more cleaning to be done,
Di
DianeJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2004, 02:40 PM   #39  

Hi Di, how r u today. Spryng, enjoy that Nap time. Jbbm, I'm sorry, I don't know your name. Here is just one more picture of Abigail. BUgga is sleeping and she was playing so nicely in her room. When I went up to check her, this is what she looked like. I couldn't stop laughing. It struck me soo funny. I hope you all enjoy it too.

melmcc99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2004, 02:40 PM   #40  

Julie, you snuck in on me! I know what you mean about it being hard to watch "adult" movies when you have kids. Some pg-13s and up I won't let them watch so I have to wait until they go to bed. And I'm like you, I get so tired come 9 pm that I don't want to stay up and watch tv... so I don't see very many movies either. But I am hoping to go see the new predator movie and get a baby sitter for the kids when my dh comes back in and there are some great movies come out in november too. So we'll see. That SIL with the body of a movie star, does she have kids?? LOL. And thanks for the sock advice!

Well, I'm off here now. You ladies quit sneaking in on me!! LOL
Old 08-05-2004, 02:46 PM   #41  

Mel, that is toooo cute!! She'll appreciate that picture when she is grown! LOL. They have great imaginations don't they??

Di, I saw The Village last week. I liked it but I could see why people would have mixed feelings on it. Did you like the sixth sense? It's by the same guy. It's kinda a story within a story feeling. I had big expectations that is was going to be some kind of thriller and it's just a drama but with good acting and story line. I thought it was unique and I really liked it but I wouldn't recommend it to everyone because you have to like that sort of thing. Like I know my in-laws will hate it because they won't get what it was about and they'll hate the end... but I really liked it. So watch at your own risk, LOL.
Old 08-05-2004, 02:59 PM   #42  
Curves 6-week solution

Ok, I put away the dishes and everyone comes back on and starts chatting away!

Spryng I work as a fill in at the Boys and Girls Club summer camp. It's pretty fun, I get to go play and I get paid for it. Plus my sister works there so we get to spend time together so that is fun! I know what you mean about having to be organized. When I lost a lot of weight a couple of years ago it was because I was organized, had a lot of healthy food in the house and had a work out buddy, oh by the way I weigh in at the gym I go to but it has been hard to get there lately so I am going to buy a scale. It's just so different now with a baby that I find it hard to do, a lot harder than it used to be! Anyway, you give me hope! Thanks for all the great info!

Mel, hilarious photos!

TTYL!
Old 08-05-2004, 03:14 PM   #43  
SAHM of 3

Okay, just got up from a rather short but restful nap. And I realized that when Ally and Andrew wake up, we've got to go to wal-mart. I need several things.
Jill, about the sleep. You must remember, I have 3. It's taken me several years to get to this point of only needing 5 or 6 hours. I think with each child I lose an hour somehow or another. Before kids, I'd go to bed around 900 at night, now it's more like 1030 or 1100. I would have NO interruptions and then get up for work around 700. Now I realize that to have ANY time for myself that means I have to get up before any of the kids and Ally is usually awake by 700 or before sometimes, like today. So you see, with each child my sleep has lessened.
Penny, in the state of Texas they do NOT have to have ANY standarized testing. Texas is the EASIEST state to homeschool in. That's one WONDERFUL thing about TEXAS. We owe ALOT to Bush when he was Govener (sp?), he did great things.
Anyways, I will test my kids at some point for myself to make sure they are learing what they need to be, but it will just be for me. And so they know what standarized tests are, because of college exams and such.
Okay, I finished 6 weeks of lesson plans except for the few books I still have to order, but they will just be one or two pages a day and nothing more, nothing that I have to prepare in other words. Now it's on to make any copies for each day of lessons. I'm also going to make some worksheets for Ally so she thinks she's doing "school" too.
The next two weeks will be getting ourselves in a school schedule routine. I like to start by 9 AM, which means, breakfast eaten, kitchen cleaned, beds made and everyone dressed. That way we'll be done around lunchtime and the rest of my day can go on. Alisa is my only one that is a sleepy head and I'll have to wake her up most mornings by 8am or before.
I think I was just thinking out loud while I was typing that. I'm sure it's not important for y'all to know all that, but now I know it, LOL!!!
Andrew is up, next will be Ally and we'll go to town.
TTYL
watkinsguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2004, 03:22 PM   #44  
soontobethin

Good afternoon, everyone.
Lets see, I will start by answering the last 3 QOTD's: My heritage, there is Irish,German, and cherokee indian in my blood. My favorite junk food? Name it, and I will probraly eat it if its around. Moviesitanic, The Birdcage,Big Fat Greek wedding, Rush hour 1&2,The princess diaries, Shrek 1 and 2, Finding Nemo, The Grinch, Sweet home Alabama, Harry potter,The Wizard of Oz, 13 going on 30.... I could be here all day. Hey, someone asked.
Spryng, if you want, we can have a computer throwing contest. All of the sudden, mine is running slow, showing popups, cuts me offline quite often. I think I may have to hook my webtv back up until we can buy a new computer.
I took my boys to the park today, and we left after about 30 minutes, because there were teenage boys running around chasing the little kids, hanging on the equipment, so it wasn't any fun for any of us. I would be up for chat tonight. Someone just let me know what time. Have a good day.
need2losemore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2004, 03:23 PM   #45  
soontobethin

Don't know why that smilie is in my post.
need2losemore is offline   Reply With Quote