Old 08-06-2004, 05:40 AM   #16  

FRIDAY: Today is Fabulous lbs down Friday. How are our losses ladies?

We are missing some folks, Carri, where are you sweety and Beth?

I will check in later

Faye
gma22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2004, 06:50 AM   #17  

Height: 5 foot

Hello chicks! I tried to update last night but my computer was acting stupid. Well anyways I’m pretty tired this morning. I’m drinking my coffee. I just ate a turkey sandwich for breakfast so I guess I’ll be ok. I forgot to journal yesterday. I had good intentions.. But it didn’t happen. I exercised for 48 minutes yesterday. I just don’t feel right if I don’t exercise for an hour. It takes that long to work up a good enough sweat. And I don’t feel like I have don’t anything if I don’t sweat. I guess I’m going to have to wake up earlier. I don’t ever get a chance to really comment on the journals. I barely get a chance to post! ! I know my daughter is gonna wake up soon. They actually have a cold front coming in… but it doesn’t get cold until late.. And cold to them is like 68 degrees. Which is good to me! I’d rather be cold than hot any day…. Except when I’m around water! Well anyways I got 2 swimsuits.. Well actually I got 2 tops and two pairs of $3 shorts. The tops that I like cover my stomach.. comes with bikini bottoms… which I refuse to wear. Then the tops with the shorts are little bitty! One of the outfits fit.. But the other one.. Which is made the exact same way and is the same size.. Is hilariously too small and both sides of my boobies pop out!! So of course since I’m the take stuff back queen, I’m going to take it back and get me another one. I can’t try on stuff with a toddler and a big ole’ basket full of stuff! Maybe this time though.. Because Walmart is almost 20 miles away.. Too much gas money to waste. Anyways I have 15 minutes to get ready to exercise and stuff… if the baby don’t wake up… so I better go… I will talk to everyone soon!!
Jaymi_Dol_78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2004, 08:10 AM   #18  

Morning ladies,

quick check in--2 points for me, water and exercise. I went over at the fair afterall, but not too badly. Plus I probably walked it all off in the 4 hours we walked around and went on rides. Just me and 5 kids! They were all so awesome, no fighting, no wandering off......just lots of fun. Woo hoo....last year when I was a good 40 pounds heavier my legs wanted to drop off after 2 hours. So, I guess there's some use to this weight loss thing after all

Amanda--I'm so sorry about your job. I know you were looking forward to it. Maybe it really is time for you to look around for another line of work. What are you and Nigel planning to do together? I'm intriqued.

Oooh, gotta fly..........lots to do today.

Later babes,
Julie
Mirabelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2004, 08:26 AM   #19  

Hello chicks! I got in my 60 minutes of exercise. It was hard though.. My knee is really killing me. Which seems weird since I hadn’t exercised in like 3 days or so when it started hurting. I didn‘t do anything else… so I wonder what it is! And with all the ice-cream I‘ve been eating.. You wouldn‘t think calcium would be an issue!! Boy have I been craving those Frosty‘s from Wendy‘s. I almost bought some of those no sugar added fudge sickles…(that doesn’t look right!) but I was scared I‘d get hooked on them. But heck.. That‘s gotta be better than nothing! I also LOVE banana fudge pops… but they don‘t come in the f/f… or s/f. Well at least not out here anyways. When I take that swimsuit top back, I‘m through buying swimsuits.. Unless they go on sale for $3 or $1.. Then heck.. I‘ll sell them on ebay or something! I‘ve noticed that a lot of people buy clearance items and sell them for more…. Or get more when people start bidding on them. I guess that‘s legal… hmmmm. Anyways I‘m tired as a dog. I can‘t fool around on the computer today, I have to do some housework. My DH said that we were supposed to go to the beach with his friends.. So who knows.. They might end up coming over.. So I need to prepare instead of getting mad over it… Besides.. If I kept my house up better, than I wouldn’t have to clean it so drastically when we have company… AWWW who am I kidding… these kids dirty up constantly. Is it tax-free weekend anywhere else?!?!? Now that could be more trouble for me…. But the baby does need some more pampers.. It‘s tax-free on everything right?!? Anyways I will try to come back later and get personal… have to start getting stuff together now! The store will probably be packed!!!!! Talk with everyone later!!!
~Jaymi
Old 08-06-2004, 12:46 PM   #20  
Gym'll fix it!!

Hi Ladies,

Jaymi I can relate to the boobs spilling out thing not a pretty sight well i don't think it is but guys have other opinions

We finally got some rain today i'm so glad now I don't need to go out to water today No loss for me this week company arrives next thursday for 3 weeks so thats me out of commission for the next month if I can maintain i'll be happy
cat90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2004, 01:32 PM   #21  

Julie
Faye

Hope everyone is having a good afternoon. I am kind of sick but it is menopausal and there isn't much I can do except wait it out. Right now exhaustion is the big thing and I couldn't go to the pool today as they are making a repair on it and I am too tired to walk.

Jaymi: One of the good things but funny was last year's suit got too big and my boobs would flop out of the cups all the time when I was in the pool!

Everybody make it a good OP day

Faye
Old 08-06-2004, 01:46 PM   #22  

Faye~ I almost fell over laughing in my chair.. when I read that your boobs "flopped" out! Not popped! That made me have a vivid picture.. and think.. mine actually flop too! That's what kids will do to ya!

Cat~ I don't wanna hear about you giving up because of company!! No excuses Cathy !!! Now you should be able to incorporate some exercise and healthy eating in that situation. You have three weeks to plan! You never know... You might make a difference in someone's life!

Julie~ I'm sure that 4 hours of walking... burned a LOT of calories!! And if you laughed a lot.. there was your ab workout for the day! So you did great.. you should give yourself some extra points for that... I walk on the treadmill for 1 hour and it only burns about 400 calories, and I only walk about 3 miles an hour or less. So think about 4 hours!!

Amanda~ Sorry about that job.. but that heffa will get what she deserves!! So one day she will need help with something... and be treated unfairly also... So that's ok.. Good luck.. I wish you and Nigel the best of luck! What kind of business anyway?

Well Beth, MsCat, Susan, Carri, and everyone else I've missed.... Post something so I can comment chickies!!! Talk with ya all later!

Last edited by Jaymi_Dol_78; 08-06-2004 at 01:49 PM.
Old 08-06-2004, 02:06 PM   #23  

hi
I was down 1 pound as of yesterday morning
I'm at the parent's house for the weekend. I needed to escape college for a while. What I talked about in my last post...I know its been a few days now. Is not getting better exactly. Its not something I can wait out anymore and hope it goes away...it always comes back. Its becoming more and more clear that I might have anxiety problems. I talked with a few trusted people and I when I get back into town I'm going to check out what the University has to offer for things like this.
Hope all are well

Last edited by Scuzin; 08-06-2004 at 04:01 PM.
Scuzin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2004, 07:25 AM   #24  

SATURDAY: Today is Sunny Thoughts Saturday. What do you have to share with us?

Susan: Good for you !!!!!

Sure has been quiet here lately. That usually is not good. Hope all is going well with everyone.

Have a great weekend!

Faye
Old 08-07-2004, 08:20 AM   #25  

Good morning chick-a-dees! Not soo good for me! Well not actually bad either. I shouldn’t even be online right now.. But I thought I’d check in.. it might help my day go by better. Weigh-in is today.. I know I should have weighed before I did anything else.. But I really don’t want to… I know I havent lost… my stomach is poking out big time… and my clothes aren’t as lose as before. I will weigh-in after I exercise… whenever that may be…. Or maybe I’ll wait until tomorrow. Anyways the plans for today are all changed at the last minute.. But I can honestly say that this time it wasn’t the hubby’s fault. BUT…. I still have a hour and a half to clean up the house and figure out what to do next. Food was disastrous yesterday… I ate like 4 times… so that can’t be good. Because nothing I ate was healthy. The tacos I made for dinner would have been except for the ground meat. That other stuff is WAY too expensive right now… 3.50 a lb is ridiculous… and that’s not ground round or anything.. That’s turkey ground meat.. The ground round is like 4 bucks or more for one measly lb! Anyways… who knows what today’s menu will be like with our plans being in shambles… We were supposed to go to the beach.. But now it’s all messed up and I don’t know what’s going on. Derrick’s friends decided to change plans and the mom and daughter are going shopping.. Of course I would be invited.. But no money= no shopping… I absolutely HATE shopping if I can’t buy anything.. I’d rather stay home alone. The hubby and the son want to go to the race car place, go play some golf.. And some other stuff.. So I told my husband and my son to go with them… It’s too hot to be sitting outside with a stroller watching others have fun.. And Golf and go-carts aren’t fun to me. Putt-putt is ok… but like I said we have no money. At least with just 2 of them it would be cheaper. So I guess I’ll just sit here and look miserable… I’m not in the mood to go anywhere anyway. Well I might just take the baby to the park or something because I don’t want to sit here and dog sit… I’m mad at that freakin pup right now . She started barking at 5 am.. And didn’t stop.. Didn’t miss a beat.. Until 6:30.… so she woke up the baby… and me.. And my hubby just slept through it all. I feel sorry for the neighbors.. I know you all are probably thinking.. Why didn’t you get up… FOR WHAT! NOT MY DOG!! And she was just barking for no reason like she does 24 hours a day. Anyways yes I’m in a crappy mood.. Only because of being woke up early by a dog barking… Somethings really piss me off. I’ll get over it. I got a bajillion things to do and I better get started.. Time is running way too short! Talk with everyone soon.. And I’ll be in a better mood!… hopefully! Bye all!
Old 08-07-2004, 10:55 AM   #26  

Default I miss you all sooo much!

Hi there everyone!!

This will be a really quick update since I am at work. I am 38 weeks pregnant due on 08/22, but being induced one week early 08/16. Ppregnacy has gone well overall with a few bumps, but both baby and I are fine.

I gained 15lbs so far and lost one this week. super yay!

I think about this group often and plan on getting back on program as soon as doc gives me the ok.

I even have a plan in place to buy myself a two month gift certificate to curves. I just made bonus at work. If I do this I know I won't spend it! That way when doc gives the go ahead I can jumpstart my program and making time for myself.

I am sorry I haven't been in more often, but don't think I haven't been thinking about ya's with every glass of water, walking and trying to watch what I have been eating!!

big hugs to all, and I'll update you sometime after baby is born!

Lisa
friendsforfitness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2004, 07:56 PM   #27  

Lisa: it is terrific to hear from you! Glad you and the little one are doing fine. We will be anxious to hear all about it. Keep up the good work with the pregnancy.

I was busy today. I cleaned downstairs, did an hour in the pool, went to the post office, shopping and library. Jack cooked a roast out on the grill and it was yummy along with some grilled corn. I found I have to stay away from the Pepsi Edge. They just started carrying it here and I found I can't handle it so it is back to diet for me permanently. I even did my morning chores for tomorrow this afternoon, woohoo. I feel better than I have the last two days thank goodness.

I read about the dweeb who did the fake beheading. What a dumb ***. I hope they can file charges against the stupid jerk. Our country has enough sadness going on without someone faking it with wives being murdered and such. It is truly an ugly world sometimes. I am just thankful we have a group of lovely women who make it a better place to live in just being you!

Have a great weekend ladies!

Faye
Old 08-08-2004, 07:30 AM   #28  

SUNDAY: Today is Silly Poll SUnday and our silly poll this week is when you were a little girl, what did you want to be when your grew up?

Check in later girls.

Faye
Old 08-08-2004, 09:00 AM   #29  
2006 - Panda Remix

Hi girlies,

First, I must say LISA it was so great to hear from you! i think about you often and am so glad to hear that you are both doing well. I can't believe it is 9 months already - time really does fly! All the best for the birth and we will look forward to meeting your little nipper soon.

I went swimming again yesterday and it was heavenly! It was such a hot day and the walk there was just baking me, but as soon as i stepped in the pool I felt so cool and relaxed - it was wonderful!

Money is so tight for us now - we are going to have to contact everyone tomorrow and let them know we can't pay them I've felt awful over the last few days - worrying myself sick about money, but now I am just accepting that there iis nothing I can do about it and that God will look after us. We really are at rock bottom financially, but the good thing about that is that the only way is up! Having nothing also helps me to give everything over to God - I've been struggling and striving to find SOME way to keep in control of my finances, but now I admit i am helpless and am totally reliant on God to get us through this. I am so lucky to have Nigel to share all this with - so infact that makes me very rich!

I'm keeping our business plan under wraps until we are able to get it established. It is nothing that will make us millionaires, but we hope it will be able to provide us with a basic income - we can only try can't we?

SILLY POLL - Up to about 12 I wanted to be a teacher (as most little girls do!), then a nanny and then a registered sick childrens nurse. I decided to go into social work as I didn't think I'd be able to cope with blood and trauma. Funnily enough, my brother is now training to be a childrens nurse at the age of 33 (and he's more squemish than I am!)

Welll done Susan on your pound loss - you have definately broken through that plateau!

Love Amanda x
Amanda Panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2004, 11:17 PM   #30  

Default Hi Chickies!

Been missing everyone - read up on your posts occasionally. You all give me hope.

I have been too absorbed in work! This is my last week on part-time hours but I am almost done with my summer tasks. I revised 99 % of all the forms, developed this year's program calendar, training and orientation for our student workers, and the parent education component. I present to the administrative body on Thursday. After approval - the parts will be divided amongst the staff and the implementation of the work will be a team effort!

I am making red valances for our family room with hand stenciled and painted black chinese characters! Still trying to find my passions (Art) Haven't done much on the book except prepare a proposal for a publisher. Wish me luck!!!

Recommitting myself today! I have not been on the scale since bouncing back to my favorite plateau. Haven't recorded inches either but I have noticed a few of my clothes fit better. Alas when you are 220 + it all seems so far away. Of course dh has lost 10 lbs!!! Testasterone and muscle mass metabolizes so much faster in their bodies ????? Oh well, I know why I have not been losing and it has nothing to do with why he is. If it is to be it is up to me.

Silly Poll - I wanted to be a horse! I have always loved them so much so I used to run around on all fours, galloping! Later when I realized that would not be possible, I dreamed of being a famous actress.

Lisa - You are doing so well! Can't wait you are back. Best wishes with your baby!

Amanda - I so admire your faith but remember the story about the man who was caught in a flood? The water kept rising and when it was up to his waist, rescuers came in a row boat - "Get in, we're hear to save you!" The man waived them on, "God will save me." The water reached the second floor and he was hanging out of the window when a speed boat came by. "We're hear to save you! Climb aboard!" Again he refused. "God will save me." The man was standing on his roof when a helicopter came by and threw down a rope. "Grab the rope! We are here to save you!" "No, I am waiting for God to save me!" And the man drowned. When he got to the pearly gates he was quite angry. "God," he implored. "I prayed and put my fate in your hands and you did not save me!" And God said, "I tried! I sent you two boats and a helicopter!" I believe that God helps those who help themselves. He did not give you gifts, talents, the ability to think and choose, and His word for you to sit and wait to see what happens. Pray for wisdom, opportunities, and use His gifts to take action and make something happen even if it is a baby step in the right direction.

Have a great week everyone! mscat816!

"If you keep doin' what your doin', you are going to keep on gettin' what your gettin'. "
"Insanity is doing the same thing and expecting different results!"
If you can see, hear, talk, walk . . If you have hands, if your heart is beating, or you can think, take these gifts from the Almighty and use themt o create your world and future, beginning right now!
mscat816 is offline   Reply With Quote