Old 08-04-2004, 07:02 AM   #31  
SAHM of 3

Smile Qofd

QOFD: What is your favorite kind of fresh flower? Like as in a boquet?

My answer is lilly's and roses.

Kristins QOFD: All I know is one great g-ma on dad's side was full blood indian. One great g-ma on mom's side was full blood german. That's all I know. I don't know what the other one's were.
watkinsguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2004, 08:17 AM   #32  
Curves 6-week solution

S/C/G: 159/159/135

Height: 5'4"

Ha Ha look at me! Crystal was the only one that posted before me! However I will be going back to bed soon, my baby woke up and wanted to eat which she normally doesn't do and then I couldnt get to sleep cause the dogs were barking! Anyway I thought I would get up and say hi before I tried to go back to bed. I have a computer guy coming out to fix some things on here so I can't wait till my computer runs smoothly again.
Ok QOTD: My favorite flowers in a boquet would have to be...................roses, I know kind of unoriginal but I love getting roses, they are so pretty, sunflowers are pretty in a boquet too.
Ok I'll be back at a decent hour to see what everyone has posted and I'll get personal then. Talk to you soon!
Bayleysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2004, 08:55 AM   #33  
Walking away the weight

Morning We all slept until 8 . . . a beautiful thing! Actually, Liam's been known to sleep even later than that - it's nice. We had a quiet evening last night. I made Lamb and rice, then we watched several episodes of The Baby Human on Discovery Health Channel. Have you ever seen any of those? They're fascinating - all about infant mental development.

Jill- on getting lots of exercise in. That's always the key for me. As for ebay - my current obsession (I go through phases) is winter baby clothes for Liam.So, will you try and nap today or not?

Penny- id you have a good sleep?

Crystal- I know it must be hard having Andrew somewhere different. Liam's still in our room - partially because I get freaked out thinking I may not be able to check on his breathing/hear him if he's in the other room. Happy Birthday to DH! :balloon:

QOTD: Lillies and pink roses (Neat that we're the same Crystal!)

This evening is book club. That should be a fun diversion With wine and snacks!
Loveliam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2004, 09:02 AM   #34  
mama of 4little Angels

Talking Good Morning Ladies

Welp,I survived the trip to Lanier Waterpark in GA.We had a blast even Grace rode the water rides.She was the perfect height.As far as me being OP that was'nt much of an option there.But I'm going to start all over today.

Michelle- so much for the siggy.She really looks like my personality wants to be."A STAR"lol If I ever look like that i'll let yall know.I'm really glad to hear your babies are doing better. .I know that spells relief for you.

I got to get off here and get this house put back together,I had it cleaned before I left but I don't know what happened.Anyhow i'll catch up to everyone this evening.I hope everyone has a great day.ttyl
Angel Marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2004, 09:05 AM   #35  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

S/C/G: 208/162/135

Height: 5' 2.5"

Good Morning Ladies!

Jill,
You poor thing! Go back to bed! Hope you get some rest today! And have a great ON PLAN Day

Crystal,
Do you think Andrew is going to start sleeping with you now every time b/c of his freedom? Hope everything works out ok!

QOTD: I love day lillies, and roses also!

Looks like we have something in common!

Have a great on plan day!
mompen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2004, 09:11 AM   #36  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

Awww man..... I missed two of you while posting.......

Leigh,
I watched the Human Baby also last night. Yes very interesting stuff. I am so glad Liam is sleeping so late! It is 8:09 now. Andrew just got up at 7:30 and the other two are still sleeping. But we will have to start getting into routine for school. Enjoy your bookclub tonight! Let me know how it goes!

Angel,
I am so glad the kids had such a wonderful time at the park! That's great! Get back on plan today though! You can do it !
Old 08-04-2004, 09:14 AM   #37  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

Ok One more post from me... and then that's it.

I know alot of ladies are saying no to the meeting. Well, I talked to hubby last night and he is very concerned about me traveling far by myself. So I am not sure if I will be organizing the meeting or not He is just worried about me.

Anyhow, I was gonna tell Michelle... I looked into the Chubbiez last night and they were not all that chubby!!!! I guess I need an XXXL Chubbiez

Ok That's all for my folks TTYL!
Old 08-04-2004, 09:23 AM   #38  
SAHM of 3

Penny, Andrew and I slept on the couch EVERY night or almost anyways. I didn't want him waking up dh by crying and such so it's no different. If he were in his own room, I don't mind him crying, but I don't want him to wake everyone else up.

Leigh, Alisa slept in her own room at 6 months, Ally at newborn, that's the only place she'd sleep. Andrew is the only one that has ever been in my room this long. I like when they sleep in their own room, I just wasn't ready for Andrew to get out because that meant no longer the caged baby bed, it's more freedom and I didn't want him to share with the girls, but I didn't have a choice.
But I like putting my babies in their own room soon, I just keep a monitor right beside me.

I've got to eat breakfast. TTYL
watkinsguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2004, 09:59 AM   #39  
2BoysMom

Good morning all,

Bad storms last night so I didn't get to post. The boys are way to quiet upstairs so I hve to go see what they're doing! I'll be back later today or tonight.
Chubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2004, 10:14 AM   #40  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

I am baffled!! I wasn't able to get back online yesterday after my nap and now we are on a new thread that is 3 pages long??! Wow!! You little chatter boxes!!

DH let me sleep 3 hours for my nap!! Boy I needed it. Came down with that darn cold yesterday so I'm congested and all that. Not too bad when I'm up and moving but when I lay down I start coughing and can't breathe out of my nose. I hate that. Then I made dinner... dh LOVED it. It was chicken parmesan. One of my favorite recipes. And had a banana for dessert... so it was a great OP day. Then we watched Hidalgo... it that movie about that great horse race in Arabia. It has the cute guy in it from lord of the rings Viggo something is his name (not the elf, the guy that becomes the king) and his mustang. It's based on a true story and I really liked it. It cameout on video yesterday.
Anyway, then we watched Big Brother 5... can I just say Jase is an a**!! Excuse my french, but he really irritates me. And then the Amazing Race. I LOVE that show. I'm routing for either the married couple, Chip and Kim, or the little person Charla and her cousin Mirna. They were in Egypt last night!! My dream vacation would be there. I love the pyramids and all the stories that go with them.
OK, anyway... guess I'll try to get personal now. By the time I get done with this post a new thread will be started, lol.

Jaymi, I like those frosties at wendy's too. They are only 3 pts for the junior ones. Did you get your exercise in yesterday?

Penny, I think a get together would be great! Don't know if I could actually do it or not.. flying solo scares me senseless. So one of you fly here and then fly out with me and we'll have it made! LOL. But I would like to meet you all. It would be lots of fun! A year sounds good to me so I can save save save money. Yes Ava was on cloud nine and Bubba takes it well. He's only 3 stars behind her and he knows he'll get his treat once he gets enough stars. But it really is a great motivator, especially at dinner time because I give them a star when they eat well. So they've been eating better at dinner lately. Now you got the new puppy right? How are you enjoying that? I've been wanting to get a yorkie too.

Michelle, you can make me a chubby doll!! LOL... maybe it would be a good motivator to see what I once looked like and my new doll.

Kristin, so sorry about those 2#'s... but if you've gone down a size then that is good!!! Are you exercising alot? Because that could be the reason for your gain but still losing inches. It's hard to keep motivation at times. I hope you can find yours again. Don't give up!!! You WILL lose the weight and you WILL be healthy and you WILL be happy too!! And about nationalities... I am caucasion of course, lol. Got lots of mixed indian in me... Cherokee and another one (the name eludes me) but basically a hinz 57... LOL... some irish some english... etc.. a true mixing pot.

Melissa, how did the "date" go? What did you all do?

Crystal, how did andrew do in his new bed last night? I'm scared to put Tanner in with Bubba... I don't know how well he will sleep or if Bubba will leave him alone etc. When is your big ultrasound scheduled for? How far along are you again? I forget. My dh's cousin is now on bed rest.. she isn't quite 7 months along... scary for her. They already gave her some stuff to stop contractions and she has to take them every four hours. They are hoping she makes it another 4-5 weeks. I hope so too. Are you feeling the baby move yet? I'm so jealous!! Let me carry him/her for awhile!! LOL. And yes, dh left out at 8 am this morning on his way to Ohio.

QOTD--- my favorite flower is the red rose. It's a classic and I think it's beautiful and perfect. But if I had a second flower it would be the yellow rose... lol... I LOVE roses!!

Leigh, enjoy that book club tonight! Did you finish the book? How was it? Have you made any more saving dinner recipes?

Angel, welcome back! A water park sounds like lots of fun!

Penny, I can understand your dh's concern. But you are not too far from me! LOL... Someday I will be on your door step, lol. I have a cousin in New Orleans... how far are you from there?

Hello geri!! I got your card!! You are too sweet. How have you been doing?

Ok, I think I caught up with everyone. I hope anyway... I was going in order from the first post to the last so if I addressed you several times just ignore it, lol. I will be able to stay on top of posts today. Nothing planned except for tanning tonight. I still can't find that crochet hook so I guess I'll hit walmart this evening too. Dinner will be shake n bake pork chops and mashed potatoes and gravy and veggies. What are you all planning?

Well... gonna get off here and start working on Mt. Washmore (as flylady puts it, lol) TTYL!
spryng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2004, 10:59 AM   #41  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Ok... here is that recipe I promised...

Green Chile Chicken Casserole
serves 6 @ 9 pts per serving

6 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp garlic powder
12 corn tortillas, cut into 4ths
16 oz low fat cheddar cheese, shredded
1 cup low fat sour cream
1 can green enchilada sauce

Preheat oven to 350. In baking dish arrange chicken and sprinkle with cumin and garlic powder. Bake until chicken is cooked, 30 min or more. When cooled shred chicken for casserole (I just used my food processor)
Line the bottom on a med sized baking dish with half the tortillas. Top with half the chicken, 1/3 of the cheese, half the sour cream, 1/3 enchilada sauce, (you will end with cheese and sauce) Repeat layers , top with remaining sauce and cheese.
Tent with aluminum foil, bake for 45 min or until hot and bubbly- don't let cheese brown. Let stand 5 min before digging in.

per serving: 451 cals; 12 g fat; 3 g fiber; 33 g carbs
spryng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2004, 11:12 AM   #42  

Good morning Ladies!

Gotta catch up on those questions:
OK- I'm 1/2 Dutch and the other half is a combination of German, Irish, Lithuanian and maybe something else.

Fav flower: I love the Stargazer Lilly, it smells delightful to me. It's a big huge lilly too, had some in my wedding boquet as well.

Leigh, have fun at the book club, nothing wrong with sippin on some wine! What book will you be discussing? I'm currently reading the Davinci Code, well I just picked it up and haven't even cracked the spine! I'm also reading a book on the teaching's of Buddha, it's tough reading.

Angel, sounds like you had a lot of fun at the water park. I can't wait to take my boys to places like that when they are a bit older. I know how impossible it is to stay on plan when you are at amusement parks. I think the only way is to bring your own food, and who has time for that?!! Anywho, I'm sure you'll get back on track quickly.

Crystal, I know watcha mean about the sleeping arangements. It's funny because my boys did share a crib when they were a few months old, but where moved into separate cribs when they were around 5 months old. They sleep best in their cribs, in their room. When they are sick, I'm always trying to get them to snuggle up with me in bed, and they will have none of it!! Which is just as well I suppose, as I need my space too.

Penny that's sweet that DH is so concerned for you! Traveling is a bit unnerving these days, I know. I would be up for a get together in the Spring of next year, this year is shot though! The XXXL Doll, LOL, maybe you should create one! I wish I was more computer savvy or I'd do it for both of us.

Spryng, I LOVE Viggo (Morgenson sp?) anyway, he's hot, looking forward to seeing that movie now. I love the Amazing Race as well. I don't know who I want to win, most of them annoy me on and off. It seems like the little woman (Charla) does most of the work on that team! I'm routing for them quite often as well. How amazing did Egypt look, the pyramids all lit up at night?! Just wonderful!

Steve is away for dinner tonight, so I'll try and eat something light to stay on track, not sure what yet. I will probably make a whole wheat pasta salad with some good fixins in it and snack on that.

Geri, hope those storms pass you by quickly! Check in when you can.

Jill did ya go back to sleep?

Anyone up for chatting tonight? I can try and make it at around 10:15-10:30p central time. It's right around the time Logan and Ethan go down for bed, so as long as they don't fight me, I should be there.

Today we are going for our hearing tests, well the boys are I should say. I don't think they are going to take too kindly to having things placed in their ears, but we'll see. I'll let you know how it goes, I'm sure it will be nuts.

bye for now,
Di
DianeJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2004, 11:19 AM   #43  

Height: 5 foot

Hello all! Well today is just starting for me really… I’ve been up for maybe an hour and a half… decided to sleep in today…. No exercise today… yet. No exercise yesterday. I don’t remember drinking any water either! I want to go to the pool or something today. No beach with that stupid hurricane or whatever that is. That weather totally sucks… The sun is beaming again.. Right now.. But I know that at any time…. It could start pouring… My hubby cut off all of his hair!! Woohoo!! I wanted to show him how much I liked it…. but… my daughter never went to sleep! At least she didn’t before we did! Ha, ha! She wont sleep in her toddler bed now..but we are gonna change that! Sometimes I think I’ve got a split personality… but maybe not! I had terrible, terrible nightmares again last night…. They really bite! I think that is a big part of my problem… now if anyone can tell me how to get to the route of THAT problem… I’d be happy to oblige! I’ve tried the stupid medicines from the doctor.. But they don’t work. So of course when you have a sleepless and bad night.. You wake up cranky…. So sorry chickies! Anyways we got about 10 bucks in our checking account… but I sure wanted to go buy me a swimsuit at walmart.. They are on clearance for 5 bucks! They are like a cotton-like material though… wonder what would happen if they got wet…hmmm… I’m just thinking that the boobie part won’t be enough room! Probably not! My favorite swimsuit broke at the beach.. Did I tell you all that?!? But luckily I caught it before my boobs popped out! I want to fix it… but it has that stupid plastic thing.. I was sooo blessed…. I had some safety pins inside of it… So for any of you with a two piece.. Always put a safety pin inside of the top just in case… I kinda like going to the beach… there are people there that you might say are too big to where a bikini! and there are people that are too skinny to wear a bikini!! So… who cares… I don’t… no cute guys either! Just my ol’ husband…(which is a cutie.. But doesn’t count!!! ) who doesn’t even pay attention… so no reason to be embarrassed! At least I could care less! Anyways….. I might go write a check…. Walmart usually takes about a week before they cash them anyways!! I’m so bad!!! I’m a baaad girl!!!! Well anyways I better get to doing.. Something! I need to get a move on because I gotta cook today…. Anyone want the recipe?!? It’s supposed to be a kid based recipe.. It sounds weird.. But I though.. What the heck…

Campbell's® Golden Sauced Meatballs
Prep/Cooking time: 30 min.

Ingredients:

1 lb. ground meat OR 1 lb. turkey
1/2 cup seasoned dry bread crumbs
1 tsp. onion powder
0 dash worcestershire sauce
1 egg
1 can Campbell's® Golden Mushroom Soup
1/2 soup can water
1/2 soup can milk
1 tsp. worcestershire sauce
1 green onion, chopped OR 2 tsp. dried chives
1 tsp. minced garlic OR 1 tsp. garlic powder
1 packet artificial sweetener OR 2 tsp. sugar

Directions:

Mix thoroughly ground meat, bread crumbs, onion powder,
1-2 dashes Worcestershire and egg. Shape into small
meatballs.
In large skillet in a little hot oil, add meatballs and
cook until browned. Drain off fat. Mix together soup,
water, milk, 1 tsp. Worcestershire, green onion, garlic
and artificial sweetener. Add to skillet and simmer till
thick. Serve over cooked bow tie pasta, egg noodles or
mashed potatoes.
Tips If desired, stir in 1 can mushroom pieces (drained)
or 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms.

Anyways I will come back and comment later…. I gotta get a move on.. I will probably exercise later… Hope everyone is having a great day!
Jaymi_Dol_78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2004, 11:23 AM   #44  

Height: 5 foot

Quick Comments:

Kristin- I’m black.. But both of my great grandparents on both sides are white… My husband says that my dad is lying.. That he is really white. Most of my family has blue or green eyes and blonde hair…. And then some look like me… then some look Indian or something. Who knows… but since both of my parents are black…. I think… .. Then that’s what I say.. Beside.. With my big donkey butt… who can argue!! Ha, Ha!!

Michelle- Hey…. Maybe you can make me a doll with a white head and a black body!! Nah.. Just kidding.. I like my doll… where do you go to make the names at?!? I love pink!!!!

Penny- I would love to meet .. If I didn’t have to fly! Ha, ha. Maybe since everyone is scared to go alone.. Maybe we can bring our families… I mean.. I don’t think any of the chickies here are serial killers...

ARE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Spryng- No I didn’t get to exercise…. But I love that recipe! I’m gonna save that recipe!! It even has the calories.. YAY!!!OH.. And girl you’re lucky you had a nap… what’s a nap?!? I havent had one in forever!

Leigh- That picture is sooo sweet!!! Aww you all are so pretty! You could be in a magazine..

Jill- You shouldn’t have to have a program.. I don’t! You select all the pictures and right click on them and it should have the option “send to” and it would say drive D or CDR.. Then you have your cd in there and it will copy the pictures on the cd…. As far as I know.. I don’t have any programs.. Try it out and see… I did it the other day.

QOTD- I don’t know too much about flowers.. I just know if they are a pretty color I like them.. But I like fake ones better!!!

Well I know I missed some of you.. But there’s sooo many!! I hope everyone has a great day.. I’ll try to get to the ones I missed next time!!

Last edited by Jaymi_Dol_78; 08-04-2004 at 11:26 AM.
Jaymi_Dol_78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2004, 12:10 PM   #45  
Curves 6-week solution

S/C/G: 159/159/135

Height: 5'4"

Oh my goodness! What a difference a few hours makes on this thing! And for those of you who asked yes I did go back to bed but the baby got me up again around 8 so that was ok but she ate and went back to bed. She must be going through a growth spurt. Anyway I need to get a shower before the computer guy comes but first I'll get personal.

Leigh that's cool about the winter clothes. I was doing the same thing for awhile but I found quite a bit of stuff on clearance last winter at the Gap for Bayley so I don't need too much now. Isn't e-bay great for that kind of stuff! Whenever I find something I want in stores around here I go home and check e-bay first because sometimes even with S&H it's still cheaper! I love it!

Angel how fun to go to a water park. I'm with Di and can't wait till my daughter is old enough. I know she will love it, she already loves thrills!

Penny no luck finding REAL chubbies after I signed off? They have quite the nerve calling those chubbies, I'll show them chubby LOL!! Anyway we have a year or maybe a little less to convince our hubbies that it is ok for us to go on a trip, I know he is scared for you but you also deserve it after all the hard work you put in at home and with all of us! Mabye he will start feeling better about it, hang in there!

Crystal sorry you still had to sleep on the couch last night. I'm sure that is getting old. My baby as a newborn also liked her own room, she wouldn't sleep in our room or she would wake up. Funny how every kid is different!

Geri, Quiet kids = Disaster but I'm sure you already knew that, hope everything is ok

Spryng don't you know better than to not check these boards 20 times a day!! It always surprises me how much people write when I am gone for like an hour. Sorry about your cold, I hope you feel better. Maybe you will just have to hang out on the computer all day with us, LOL. I watched BB5 last night for the first time and I could not believe the cockiness of Jase and the other guy that was up for elimination!! I wanted to slap both of them! I couldn't even watch most of it cause I got so p*ssed! Anyway I watched some of Amazing Race also but needed to get to bed so didn't finish it, who go eliminated? That recipe sounds soooooo good, I think I will make it tonight. Is is on WW? I'm not familiar with WW so I am trying to find out more about it.

Di, I am with you on the whole posting thing. You think you get up at a decent hour and people are already half through their day! That's why I was so excited to post early this morning. Maybe we should both get up really early and post and then go back to bed so we can be here when everyone else is LOL! My baby doenst like to cuddle with me either. She is very independent and doesnt like to be restrained she has always been like that and my mom hates it cause she wants a cuddly grand daughter. I think it is ok though cause I'm not done having babies and Iknow one of them will be a cuddler! Well good luck at the hearing test. I don't envy you trying to get your kids to put things in their ears LOL that wouldn't fly with mine!

Jaymi that sucks about the storms, hopefully you can get in some sort of outside fun today without getting poured on. I will try the CDR thing again and see if it works, I will also ask the guy who is coming to fix my computer if he can help me out. Might as well use him while he is here Good luck on getting some exercise in! Thanks for the recipe!

Kristin do not worry about the weight gain, I would definitely just go on inches. I know a few years back when I was losing weight, I first started by losing pounds and inches but then just kept losing inches and either staying at the same weight or gaining a little. If you are working out at all your body is putting on muscle and I'm sure you know that it weighs more than fat. So keep at it and take those measurments! Congrats on the smaller size! That's what really matters!

Ok I'm sure someone else posted while I was writing but it took me soooo long to write this that I really need to go take a shower now. TTYL!!
Bayleysmom is offline   Reply With Quote